[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

With still a month away from the trade deadline, what move or moves can the Knicks make?
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/17/2022  12:52 PM
jaydh wrote:
martin wrote:
jaydh wrote:
martin wrote:
jaydh wrote:If Dallas grabs Turner I would be less concerned. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Dallas moves Porzingis. But you are right that they would need to clear cap unless Mitch would be open to the mid level to return to Dallas.

I don't think Indiana front office is dreaming of a KP/Sabonis front line

no, but Dallas is dreaming of a Turner/KP front line.

Who they moving to get Turner?

Powell+Stein and 2 1sts? it's not unrealistic

Well it is.

Stein was cut by Dallas a few days ago. And the Knicks own a protected pick from Dallas, the Dallas 2023. And that means Dallas cannot trade future 1st picks cause of the protection and how it could transfer to the next year.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/17/2022  12:55 PM
Maybe they will get the picks/assets they need from us in a Brunson deal. Why the grill-job? As if there is no possible way Dallas could ever get Turner.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/17/2022  12:57 PM
jaydh wrote:Maybe they will get the picks/assets they need from us in a Brunson deal. Why the grill-job? As if there is no possible way Dallas could ever get Turner.

I'm not grilling you but I am pointing out realistic scenarios and letting you know what is possible.

These trades don't happen in a vaccuum.

Dallas is in a pickle with their salary structure and such.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

1/17/2022  9:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/17/2022  9:52 PM
jaydh wrote:If Dallas grabs Turner I would be less concerned. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Dallas moves Porzingis. But you are right that they would need to clear cap unless Mitch would be open to the mid level to return to Dallas.

No one wants Porzingis attitude and lousy contract

The Pacers are a really well run organization that is all about culture I can’t see them taking on the diva KP

wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

1/18/2022  12:52 AM
Philc1 wrote:

The Pacers are a really well run organization that is all about culture I can’t see them taking on the diva KP

Not just that Rick Carlisle personally is more than happy to avoid KP. The time he coached him was not pleasant based on what was reported in the media.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/18/2022  9:12 AM
wargames wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

Not just that Rick Carlisle personally is more than happy to avoid KP. The time he coached him was not pleasant based on what was reported in the media.

And to be fair to Tingus, Carlisle allegedly had issues with multiple players on Dallae, including Luka. And he had similar issues in Detroit. That said, I don't see the Pacers of wanting KP.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/18/2022  10:45 AM
No one said it would be a Porzingis for Turner swap. Nvm. Dallas is logjammed and they can't make any moves.
Philc1

1/19/2022  8:48 AM
wargames wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

Good point. Douchingis just got carlisle fired after making the playoffs

smackeddog
Member: #883
1/19/2022  4:13 PM
The Sacramento Kings are now willing to discussing star guard De'Aaron Fox in trade talks. One player the Kings are looking at is Domantas Sabonis of the Indiana Pacers.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/265495/Kings-Discussing-DeAaron-Fox-In-Trade-Talks-For-Domantas-Sabonis

At the deadline, if the Kings called and offered Fox for Randle and Kemba, would you hang up or jump on it?

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/19/2022  4:34 PM
smackeddog wrote:
The Sacramento Kings are now willing to discussing star guard De'Aaron Fox in trade talks. One player the Kings are looking at is Domantas Sabonis of the Indiana Pacers.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/265495/Kings-Discussing-DeAaron-Fox-In-Trade-Talks-For-Domantas-Sabonis

At the deadline, if the Kings called and offered Fox for Randle and Kemba, would you hang up or jump on it?

I'd listen...what else is on the table?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
wargames

1/19/2022  7:35 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I'd listen...what else is on the table?

Kings are now saying Fox and Haliburton are both off the table.

wargames

1/19/2022  7:36 PM
jaydh wrote:No one said it would be a Porzingis for Turner swap. Nvm. Dallas is logjammed and they can't make any moves.

We had a role in that too which is always cool to remember

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/19/2022  8:40 PM
jaydh wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
jaydh wrote:Mitchell Robinson is a UFA at seasons end. You have to do something with him before then.

They need to lock him up

At the very least, offer a contract now to see what he's thinking. His mind may already be made up that he's leaving to go home.

Isn't Mitch from Lousiana?

NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

1/19/2022  9:40 PM
Panos wrote:
jaydh wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
jaydh wrote:Mitchell Robinson is a UFA at seasons end. You have to do something with him before then.
They need to lock him up
At the very least, offer a contract now to see what he's thinking. His mind may already be made up that he's leaving to go home.

Yes but he's born in Florida.

Philc1

1/20/2022  10:44 AM
Why do you guys think we have a shot at Fox. Phil literally offered them KP for Fox straight up in 2017 before KP had his knee injury and got exposed as a lazy diva scarecrow and the kings rejected the offer then
Philc1

1/20/2022  10:46 AM
NYKMentality wrote:
Panos wrote:
jaydh wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
They need to lock him up

Yes but he's born in Florida.

Pay the man. I don’t care if it’s overpay. We aren’t getting under the cap anytime soon anyway we might as well keep our best defensive player by far

smackeddog
1/20/2022  1:09 PM

Aside from that Bagely mentions the well known possibilities- Miles Turner and Brunson. Seeing how well they're playing, there's no way I see the Cavs trading Brunson now (maybe in the offseason as a sign and trade).

As a side note:

Kings linked to Simmons and Harris, but want to keep Fox
One team reportedly remaining interested in not only acquiring Ben Simmons from the 76ers, but also Tobias Harris, is the Sacramento Kings. According to Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer, Sacramento is considering sending Buddy Hield, Tyrese Haliburton, Harrison Barnes and two first-rounders for Simmons, Harris plus Matisse Thybulle. Another of Pompey's sources says no formal deal has been offered, and that Philly is not willing to part with Thybulle at this time.

Shams Charania of The Athletic reports that the Kings will not trade point guard De'Aaron Fox and want to build their team around him and Haliburton.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2022-nba-trade-deadline-rumors-kings-eyeing-deal-for-ben-simmons-tobias-harris-celtics-al-horford-on-block/

Sixers would be so dumb to turn that package down. Don't know how the Kings are convincing themselves Simmons and Harris are value contracts! Crazy!

EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
1/21/2022  12:04 AM
smackeddog wrote:

Aside from that Bagely mentions the well known possibilities- Miles Turner and Brunson. Seeing how well they're playing, there's no way I see the Cavs trading Brunson now (maybe in the offseason as a sign and trade).

As a side note:

Kings linked to Simmons and Harris, but want to keep Fox
One team reportedly remaining interested in not only acquiring Ben Simmons from the 76ers, but also Tobias Harris, is the Sacramento Kings. According to Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer, Sacramento is considering sending Buddy Hield, Tyrese Haliburton, Harrison Barnes and two first-rounders for Simmons, Harris plus Matisse Thybulle. Another of Pompey's sources says no formal deal has been offered, and that Philly is not willing to part with Thybulle at this time.

Shams Charania of The Athletic reports that the Kings will not trade point guard De'Aaron Fox and want to build their team around him and Haliburton.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2022-nba-trade-deadline-rumors-kings-eyeing-deal-for-ben-simmons-tobias-harris-celtics-al-horford-on-block/

Sixers would be so dumb to turn that package down. Don't know how the Kings are convincing themselves Simmons and Harris are value contracts! Crazy!

1) Brunson is Mavs not Cavs.
2) I wouldn’t drop that kind of talent for Simmons if I were the Kings. Doesn’t make a lot of sense.

This is the Randle.
smackeddog
1/21/2022  4:44 AM
You have to wonder if we have a Randle trade lined up and we're just waiting for him to become eligible in Feb, maybe that's why he mentally checked our a few weeks ago (along with the Cam trade which makes no sense considering the logjam plus Cam's comments that he wanted a bigger role and so wanted to come here- must have had a conversation with the front office, surely?)- doesn't look like he wants to be here at all, plus turning on on the fans. At least that's what I hope- worst case is that the reaction of some vocal a hole fans to his covid diagnosis really was breaking point for him (along with complaints about him forcing things etc). The thought of being stuck with this sleep walking Randle is as depressing as watching him play like this.
Jimbo5
Member: #8854

1/21/2022  5:03 AM
I still need to see amove or 2 before the deadline, this current knick team is hard to watch. With Randle's performance so far this season, why would any team call to get him. Randle's play and demeanor is totally different from who he was last year, its like he went through a huge trauma in his life. Its kinda a head scratcher. Before he got to the knicks he seems trending up and improving year in and year out. If they can trade him for Fox and also get Bagley to get Randle's spot, that will be a heck of a job for the knicks front office.
With still a month away from the trade deadline, what move or moves can the Knicks make?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy