[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

With still a month away from the trade deadline, what move or moves can the Knicks make?
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/16/2022  11:05 AM
Jimbo5 wrote:Im very intrigued by Jalen Brunson, one thing that im not too sold on him is his not so consistent 3pt shooting.Dallas hasn't extended his contract and i think will be an unrestricted free agent in the summer so there might be an opportunity here for the knicks to pounch.

Im not super sold on the idea of him being the long term pg answer but based on his performance in Dallas he can handle the starting point guard duties. If it turns out he is not the long term answer, if the price of getting him is reasonable im ok with it maybe having Brunson in the team can buy the knicks time until Deuce or Rokas or IQ can be ready to take over the starting PG spot.

Can burks plus the Knicks 1st round next draft entice the mavs to bite?

Just read that the knicks are not that sold on Randle after his struggles this season. The Hawks might be willing to trade john collins. Can a Randle-Collins swap work? After alot of people think the Knicks commited highway robbery with the Cam trade, maybe an outright swap might not be enough.

Or should the knicks fans be happy with a trade with the kings? Randle, walker, Evan and 2 1st round picks for Marvin bagley and D'Aaron Fox?

Which starting 5 will you choose:

A
Mitch
Jason Collins
Evan/Reddish
RJ
Brunson

B
Mitch
Marvin Bagley
Reddish
Rj
Fox

Which starting 5 can finish further?

If the Knicks are sold on Brunson and he’s telling his CAA guys he wants to sign there then I’ll offer Obi and Walker for Brunson and a filler like Powell, Kleber or Bullock. Brunson is only 25 and could grow into a VanVleet type. Obi is great, but I see Reddish taking his minutes as a stretch 4 and think he will need another opportunity to really develop.

AUTOADVERT
Jimbo5
Member: #8854

1/16/2022  11:07 AM
I know there are alot of rumors linking knicks to have interests in Grant, LaVert, Turner and Brunson. I think none of them have any legs except for Brunson. Thibs and the FO values team chemistry, and after seeing how the team responded by adding Evan and Kemba, i think the Front office will shy away from any major trades mid season.

I think its possiblethe FO will try hard to trade for Brubson before the deadline, even though Brunson is an unrestricted free agent with lots of ties with the knicks, i dont think the knicks have the cap space to give a decent offer to Brunson in the offseason thats why trading for him now might be a better option if they really want Brunson.

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
1/16/2022  12:05 PM
I like Brunson but mainly because he would likely fit well next to Randle. Some recent reports suggest FO may move on from Randle. If true - then I would go more toward Fox or a faster paced/dynamic PG type. Just hope they don't get Brunson and then move on from Randle at the end of the season... We'd lose Obi, Burks, IQ, etc when we could have used Randle (most value) to land us the PG we need.
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/16/2022  12:46 PM
Hmm, if they view Cam as being able to play PF (as well as SF), it does make it increasingly likely that Obi is getting shipped out next.

Reddish, the Knicks believe, can play three positions, including power forward, in this small-ball league.

https://nypost.com/2022/01/15/cam-reddish-trade-means-every-move-is-on-table-of-knicks/

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/16/2022  1:27 PM
jaydh wrote:Mitchell Robinson is a UFA at seasons end. You have to do something with him before then.

Why and No you don't.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/16/2022  1:46 PM
Jimbo5 wrote:I know there are alot of rumors linking knicks to have interests in Grant, LaVert, Turner and Brunson. I think none of them have any legs except for Brunson. Thibs and the FO values team chemistry, and after seeing how the team responded by adding Evan and Kemba, i think the Front office will shy away from any major trades mid season.

I think its possiblethe FO will try hard to trade for Brubson before the deadline, even though Brunson is an unrestricted free agent with lots of ties with the knicks, i dont think the knicks have the cap space to give a decent offer to Brunson in the offseason thats why trading for him now might be a better option if they really want Brunson.

We read there was MAYBE some that not happy with Randle earlier this season. We assume that every time there is an issue a trade will solve it as fans?
From what i see the challange is to get a chemsitry on the team.
Low and behold we are a hot team an EF is playing very well. Better on defense, and the offense if flowing better. NO coincidence they are healthier too. The first unit is playing very well these days.

martin
USA
1/16/2022  1:53 PM
Knixkik wrote:If the Knicks are sold on Brunson and he’s telling his CAA guys he wants to sign there then I’ll offer Obi and Walker for Brunson and a filler like Powell, Kleber or Bullock. Brunson is only 25 and could grow into a VanVleet type. Obi is great, but I see Reddish taking his minutes as a stretch 4 and think he will need another opportunity to really develop.

The one thing that has been telling for me in the Cam trade (and the draft pick trade down maneuvering in previous 2 drafts) is that the Knicks as an organization understand their standing in a trade and use their position to the best advantage they can. It's one thing to trade a top 18 protected pick for Cam, quite another to get a 2025 pick AND $$ for paying off Solomon Hill salary IMO; they knew the exact landscape of Cam value and maximized their return. In previous years, multiple picks or their own 2022 unprotected pick would have been included.

Without any added acknowledgement via media or team, I think the Knicks really like Obi. They know his flaws and know he has a long way to go but I don't think they trade him in this particular scenario and hold him out of trades unless it is for a much better player than Brunson. Right now Obi's value is probably down a hint cause of his minutes. He adds a more reliable jumpshot and more minutes and he value goes waaayyy up and the Knicks know that.

The Knicks know Brunson can walk from the Mavs as an UFA. Mavs know Jalen's dad probably freely talks to the Knicks and they know what type of deal Jalen wants and where he would like to land. IMHO both Leon and Thibs and most of the entire FO have high regard for Jalen as a player.

Knixkik
USA
1/16/2022  1:57 PM
jskinny35 wrote:I like Brunson but mainly because he would likely fit well next to Randle. Some recent reports suggest FO may move on from Randle. If true - then I would go more toward Fox or a faster paced/dynamic PG type. Just hope they don't get Brunson and then move on from Randle at the end of the season... We'd lose Obi, Burks, IQ, etc when we could have used Randle (most value) to land us the PG we need.

The Randle talk is Marc berman speculation based on the thumbs down episode. I don’t think there’s anything to it. I think they are far more focused on getting help than resetting without Randle. It would also send a bad message to the rest of the league that if you struggle for part of the year the Knicks will move on from you quick and they care way too much about their improved image around the league right now. With Rose already here, they can easily justify Kemba not being a fit, as he’s probably best as a 6th man at this stage of his career. Brunson would be an excellent fit as he’s better off the ball, better getting into the paint and a better defender than Kemba at this stage.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
1/16/2022  2:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/16/2022  2:14 PM
My targets are with an eye toward team building not winning a championship this year.

I think we need the 3&D PG that Miles McBride could become. Ty Haliburton is on that mold. Lonzo Ball fit the bill. Strong on point defense and 40+ from 3 with the ability to lead an offense in a half court set. I’m not a huge fan of D’aaron Fox. His defense leaves a lot to be desired. I don’t think the kind of player I want is available at this time.

We also need a 3&D SF that Reddish could become. I like. 7’ wingspan, some athleticism and the ability to guard 2/3/4. Also hoping for a 40% shooter. Reddish shows shooting ability but might be lacking on shot selection with an undefined role in ATL. This is what I like about Jerami Grant and his 7’3 wingspan and why I would be willing to spend to get him.

A passing center. Noel and Robinson have a lot of the same traits. I think the idea with Randle was that he would pass a bit more from the post. Lately, he looks more like this guy. 9 assists is amazing. If Randle can shoot 40 from 3 again and get 6+ assists, I can move to a more defensive C. Myles Turner hasn’t shown this passing proficiency, though with Sabonis next to him, it’s easy to understand why. But Turner is probably the best defensive center on the planet (no disrespect to Rudy Gobert intended - give me a few more words to explain) and if the Pacers Swiss cheese perimeter defense didn’t allow them to make Turner work on every play, I think you might see a different version of Turner take over Rudy Gobert in the near term.

It will be expensive to get Grant and Turner, but if there is a deal out there, I am a buyer.

This is the Randle.
houston20
Member: #8797

1/16/2022  2:06 PM
Look like myles turner out for while with sore foot and getting second opinion on his foot.
The Pacers say Myles Turner has a sore left foot and is out Monday against the Clippers as he seeks a second opinion on the injury. As covered here, Turner has long been regarded as one of the headliners leading up to the NBA’s Feb. 10 trade deadline: marcstein.substack.com/p/the-latest-t…

I would like to get mo bama from the magic if you guys want a center that can shoot three trade obi for him.

Knixkik
USA
1/16/2022  2:11 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:If the Knicks are sold on Brunson and he’s telling his CAA guys he wants to sign there then I’ll offer Obi and Walker for Brunson and a filler like Powell, Kleber or Bullock. Brunson is only 25 and could grow into a VanVleet type. Obi is great, but I see Reddish taking his minutes as a stretch 4 and think he will need another opportunity to really develop.

The one thing that has been telling for me in the Cam trade (and the draft pick trade down maneuvering in previous 2 drafts) is that the Knicks as an organization understand their standing in a trade and use their position to the best advantage they can. It's one thing to trade a top 18 protected pick for Cam, quite another to get a 2025 pick AND $$ for paying off Solomon Hill salary IMO; they knew the exact landscape of Cam value and maximized their return. In previous years, multiple picks or their own 2022 unprotected pick would have been included.

Without any added acknowledgement via media or team, I think the Knicks really like Obi. They know his flaws and know he has a long way to go but I don't think they trade him in this particular scenario and hold him out of trades unless it is for a much better player than Brunson. Right now Obi's value is probably down a hint cause of his minutes. He adds a more reliable jumpshot and more minutes and he value goes waaayyy up and the Knicks know that.

The Knicks know Brunson can walk from the Mavs as an UFA. Mavs know Jalen's dad probably freely talks to the Knicks and they know what type of deal Jalen wants and where he would like to land. IMHO both Leon and Thibs and most of the entire FO have high regard for Jalen as a player.

I agree about how resourceful they are. But I also believe they would absolutely trade Obi for Brunson now without knowing 100% what will happen this summer. Brunson is averaging 20 points and 7 assists in the 15 games Doncic hasn’t played this year. This could be a Fred VanVleet type with the right opportunity. I do agree they love Obi and have an investment in him, but they may be comfortable allowing him an opportunity with the Mavs that he is unlikely to get here. Cam will play plenty of 4 the rest of his career, likely much of it in NY. Obi is getting pinched as his game is reliant on a style of play we probably will never fully commit to. His impact will always be limited to non-Randle minutes on the court. If we traded for someone like Fox, sure. But right now I don’t see an obvious trade to compliment Obi’s skill set. If Brunson ends up being a quality starting PG for this team the next 5+ years, it’s easy to justify trading Toppin for him. But obviously it would be great to get Brunson without giving up Obi too.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/16/2022  2:13 PM
With Zack Levine hurt and the Knicks need for a young PG, could the stars align for a Coby White for Obi trade? We could have Kemba to mentor Coby. He is a scoring guard with a lot of talent and only three months older then RJ
martin
USA
1/16/2022  2:22 PM
Rookie wrote:With Zack Levine hurt and the Knicks need for a young PG, could the stars align for a Coby White for Obi trade? We could have Kemba to mentor Coby. He is a scoring guard with a lot of talent and only three months older then RJ

How does this make sense? The Knicks already have like 7 PGs and combo guards who need minutes

Rookie

1/16/2022  2:37 PM
martin wrote:
Rookie wrote:With Zack Levine hurt and the Knicks need for a young PG, could the stars align for a Coby White for Obi trade? We could have Kemba to mentor Coby. He is a scoring guard with a lot of talent and only three months older then RJ

How does this make sense? The Knicks already have like 7 PGs and combo guards who need minutes

It makes sense because I am a Tar Heels fan

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
1/16/2022  2:38 PM
Burks, Kemba and Mitch + 2 1st rd picks for Turner. Would hope to do our best with t protections on those picks.

Fournier, Quickley and 2 1st rd picks and 2 2nd rd picks for Grant. Same feel about the protections, but better to get players in the door.

McBride/Rose
Barrett/Grimes
Grant/Reddish
Randle/Toppin
Turner/Noel

Team doesn’t have a “superstar” or even a top 20 player. But man, I think that 1st team would play pretty amazing bulldog defense and that 2nd team could run around other second units.

I’m giving up a lot of firsts for this team, but I think they would earn out…

This is the Randle.
martin
USA
1/16/2022  2:39 PM
Rookie wrote:
martin wrote:

OK fair enough but I think the Knicks are all in on Duke and Kentucky

Rookie

1/16/2022  2:56 PM
martin wrote:
Rookie wrote:
martin wrote:

It would make it an interesting locker room. Coby’s stock is rising. Perfect 6th man microwave who is getting better at D and quarterbacking. On the same timeline as the rest of our kids and he’s 6’4”. I believe he still holds the state high school scoring record.

martin
USA
1/16/2022  3:09 PM
Rookie wrote:
martin wrote:
Rookie wrote:
martin wrote:

It would make it an interesting locker room. Coby’s stock is rising. Perfect 6th man microwave who is getting better at D and quarterbacking. On the same timeline as the rest of our kids and he’s 6’4”. I believe he still holds the state high school scoring record.

IQ says HI

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/16/2022  3:11 PM
Jimbo5 wrote:I know there are alot of rumors linking knicks to have interests in Grant, LaVert, Turner and Brunson. I think none of them have any legs except for Brunson. Thibs and the FO values team chemistry, and after seeing how the team responded by adding Evan and Kemba, i think the Front office will shy away from any major trades mid season.

I don't see how Jermai Grant is a fit here. He is a worse version of Randle. The Knicks need a PG, get longer at SF (Trade from the glut of SG's) , and a Center.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Rookie

1/16/2022  3:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/16/2022  3:36 PM
martin wrote:
Rookie wrote:
martin wrote:
Rookie wrote:
martin wrote:

IQ says HI

Coby can play down hill and break defenses down. He can also drive and kick. They would compliment each other. Rose and Kemba are not going to be reliable. Look how long Kemba has been out and he’s not injured. Every time Rose hits the floor I cringe and hope he is ok. McBride has a long way to go. Burks is showing he can play multiple positions but he has no elite skill at anything. He plays at 100% at all times though. Coby is not ready to start yet, but he could be a starter if he continues to improve. The Bulls are a cheap org up against the cap. Coby will be traded.

Edit - I just realized we already have 3 players from that draft. Shamanic was the 19th pick. Reddick went 10th. White 7th. RJ 3rd

With still a month away from the trade deadline, what move or moves can the Knicks make?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy