[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

With still a month away from the trade deadline, what move or moves can the Knicks make?
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/15/2022  8:41 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Consolation is key. I could see Obi and Noel for Woods. I could see see Kemba and a pick for Brunson and a filler. Something has to give in this Knicks rotation. Otherwise it will be messy.

What!? Not this FO

Christian Wood is a bad fit for the roster. He doesn't fit with Randle at all. Trading for Reddish gives the Knicks a legit rotation Forward in the event Obi gets traded for Myles Turner.

Agreed.

AUTOADVERT
Jimbo5
Member: #8854

1/15/2022  9:00 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Jimbo5 wrote:Who can our long term starting point guard be? Is it possible to trade for him by the trade deadline? What willit take to getthe starting PG? Who can be available? Jalen Bronson, D'aron Fox, Haliburton, Dejounte Murry? I think for now thats the only hole that needs to be addressed.

Considering age and fit, I’ll say Fox is the target with Brunson as the fallback. Fox goes without saying. Brunson, for all of his connections to the team, is also a great fit. He’s an incredibly efficient offensive player who gets into the lane easily. He can also spot up and competes on defense. He’s a PG that shoots 50% from the field in his career while still shooting a healthy amount of threes. There’s only a few of those in the entire league.

I saw a mock trade somewhere with the kings- the knicks get Marvin Bagley and D'Aaron fox. Im not sure who the knicks send but i think Randle, Obi, IQ and another player plus 2 1st rounders i think. Is trading for Fox and Bagley something to consider? Bagley just had a very productive game.

I think the knicks are primed to make some moves soon. They have all their 1st rounders plus 1 from the mavs and they have alot of 2nd rounders. They can't just keep getting rookies year in and year out. Boston for the longest time boasted of having a treasure chest of picks but i don't think they properly managed and maximized it. I hope the knicks front office can maximize the draft assets they have well.

Next year's draft is said to be weak, just a top 5 draft. Maybe trading the pick before the deadline is more beneficial than trying to find a gem just outside of the lottery.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/15/2022  9:08 AM
Jimbo5 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Jimbo5 wrote:Who can our long term starting point guard be? Is it possible to trade for him by the trade deadline? What willit take to getthe starting PG? Who can be available? Jalen Bronson, D'aron Fox, Haliburton, Dejounte Murry? I think for now thats the only hole that needs to be addressed.

Considering age and fit, I’ll say Fox is the target with Brunson as the fallback. Fox goes without saying. Brunson, for all of his connections to the team, is also a great fit. He’s an incredibly efficient offensive player who gets into the lane easily. He can also spot up and competes on defense. He’s a PG that shoots 50% from the field in his career while still shooting a healthy amount of threes. There’s only a few of those in the entire league.

I saw a mock trade somewhere with the kings- the knicks get Marvin Bagley and D'Aaron fox. Im not sure who the knicks send but i think Randle, Obi, IQ and another player plus 2 1st rounders i think. Is trading for Fox and Bagley something to consider? Bagley just had a very productive game.

I think the knicks are primed to make some moves soon. They have all their 1st rounders plus 1 from the mavs and they have alot of 2nd rounders. They can't just keep getting rookies year in and year out. Boston for the longest time boasted of having a treasure chest of picks but i don't think they properly managed and maximized it. I hope the knicks front office can maximize the draft assets they have well.

Next year's draft is said to be weak, just a top 5 draft. Maybe trading the pick before the deadline is more beneficial than trying to find a gem just outside of the lottery.

Randle going to kings makes no sense for the Knicks or the kings. Sacramento would deal Fox to reset things and balance out their roster. They will want IQ, Toppin and Barrett. I’d consider IQ and Toppin but not Barrett. Big wings are the most valuable assets in the league. You trade for Fox in order to add him to Barrett and Randle.

Chandler
Member: #6197

1/15/2022  9:33 AM
If the knicks are smart they let the market come to them not vice versa
(5)(5)
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/15/2022  11:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/15/2022  12:18 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Jimbo5 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Randle going to kings makes no sense for the Knicks or the kings. Sacramento would deal Fox to reset things and balance out their roster. They will want IQ, Toppin and Barrett. I’d consider IQ and Toppin but not Barrett. Big wings are the most valuable assets in the league. You trade for Fox in order to add him to Barrett and Randle.

Not sure if Fox and Randle work together. Both are high usage players and neither are very efficient. Neither player thrives off the ball. Fox is most effective in the open court, while Randle slows things down.

Based on connections and familiarity, Fox and Brunson make sense as targets. Doubt this FO rushes into anything, maybe this summer a move or 2 will be made. Dallas is playing well so I'm not sure they are in a rush to move Brunson during the season.

Jimbo5

1/15/2022  11:41 AM
If the knicks starts turning things around and somehow sneaks in the playoffs a PG rotation of Walker, DRose, Burks and IQ might not cut it especially if both Drose and walker wont be 100% healthy. This team needs to identify/get a starying point guard. They can't run it by committee. Sure this 4 man rotation at this point might work but the knicks have been struggling. Kemba was a late scratch while doing pregame shoot around and he is still out 8 games already?

The FO should look hard on the possibility of getting a high quality starting point guard, hopefully before the trade deadline then just let this team grow and jell. I dont think this team needs an aging superstar that has a 3-5 year window. The team has a number of promising youth the shows improvement. I think this group can develop a homegrown potential superstar or two. They just need a stable starting point guard 27 years old or younger that can lead and grow with this team.

smackeddog
Member: #883
1/15/2022  12:18 PM
With the Mavs:

Mitch and Kemba for Jalen Brunson, WCS and Frank (Ha!)

Then to fill the C spot, Fournier to Pacers for Miles Turner

jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/15/2022  1:21 PM
Knicks have to do something with MRob. Either trade him or offer him a contract. Losing him for nothing would be counter-productive.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/15/2022  1:36 PM
smackeddog wrote:With the Mavs:

Mitch and Kemba for Jalen Brunson, WCS and Frank (Ha!)

Then to fill the C spot, Fournier to Pacers for Miles Turner

Fournier, off of a new contract, is probably the last player they'd want back. They'd just be better of keeping Warren or LeVert. Obi and IQ would have to go in a Turner deal
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
1/15/2022  2:55 PM
Nalod wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:I am not a huge fan of Fournier on this team. I hate that he pushes Barrett to the 3.

Jerami Grant and Myles Turner are very obvious players that would improve the starting lineup.

I haven't seen a PG available yet that makes me interested. I would specifically want a 3 and D point guard that can orchestrate offense in a half court -- with good size and big hands. Miles McBride is in this archtype mold, but he best player in this category would be a Jrue Holiday type. Not sure if we didn't try on Lonzo Ball or were collusively out-maneuvered, but he is another of this "type". Ty Haliburton is still on my mind because we skipped him for Obi. Dejounte Murray is probably best defensive PG "available" but I think his 33% from 3pt range needs work to make sense in a championship squad. You could try an nab him and pray you work his shot out.

Wait, you think EF came in with FFFFFRench attitude, a fancy black french beret, a glass wine, a cigarette in and and with a Suave accent declared “Ze RJ, no, him play the “diminutive”, as you say FORWARD place while Me, no, I play what you say “Shooting” Gaaaad. Yes, Me, I do this, no?”

No, I don’t think the stupid dialogue you created is an intelligent interpretation of my post.

I don’t think Fournier gets to decide who plays where and when. His mere presence on the roster makes Barrett more likely to move to the SF position - a Thibodeau decision. As between the two players, Fournier slots in at the SG. I prefer Barrett at SG.

Do you see a logical reading of a post and an illogical one and actively choose the stupid reading?

This is the Randle.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/15/2022  3:51 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Nalod wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:I am not a huge fan of Fournier on this team. I hate that he pushes Barrett to the 3.

Jerami Grant and Myles Turner are very obvious players that would improve the starting lineup.

I haven't seen a PG available yet that makes me interested. I would specifically want a 3 and D point guard that can orchestrate offense in a half court -- with good size and big hands. Miles McBride is in this archtype mold, but he best player in this category would be a Jrue Holiday type. Not sure if we didn't try on Lonzo Ball or were collusively out-maneuvered, but he is another of this "type". Ty Haliburton is still on my mind because we skipped him for Obi. Dejounte Murray is probably best defensive PG "available" but I think his 33% from 3pt range needs work to make sense in a championship squad. You could try an nab him and pray you work his shot out.

Wait, you think EF came in with FFFFFRench attitude, a fancy black french beret, a glass wine, a cigarette in and and with a Suave accent declared “Ze RJ, no, him play the “diminutive”, as you say FORWARD place while Me, no, I play what you say “Shooting” Gaaaad. Yes, Me, I do this, no?”

No, I don’t think the stupid dialogue you created is an intelligent interpretation of my post.

I don’t think Fournier gets to decide who plays where and when. His mere presence on the roster makes Barrett more likely to move to the SF position - a Thibodeau decision. As between the two players, Fournier slots in at the SG. I prefer Barrett at SG.

Do you see a logical reading of a post and an illogical one and actively choose the stupid reading?

“but of course not! You see, Ef, yes, that verrrry Verrry one is not who you sink you sink he is? No, Ef is couzin of Fred Weis, yes, and he, seeks revenge for him for Rony Turiof, for Frank, and for all of France!”
Ha! HA HA, HA HA HA!!!!!

All kidding aside. 43 games and you predetermine the 21 year old RJ career position becuase EF has not lived up to your expectations for about half the games? OK. That EF’s extraction solves the issues the knicks have? At end of the day I want winning as do you. Perhaps your right. Perhaps not. But likely Cam Reddish does not push EF off the lineup until he is killing it.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
1/15/2022  10:12 PM
Nalod wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Nalod wrote:

“but of course not! You see, Ef, yes, that verrrry Verrry one is not who you sink you sink he is? No, Ef is couzin of Fred Weis, yes, and he, seeks revenge for him for Rony Turiof, for Frank, and for all of France!”
Ha! HA HA, HA HA HA!!!!!

All kidding aside. 43 games and you predetermine the 21 year old RJ career position becuase EF has not lived up to your expectations for about half the games? OK. That EF’s extraction solves the issues the knicks have? At end of the day I want winning as do you. Perhaps your right. Perhaps not. But likely Cam Reddish does not push EF off the lineup until he is killing it.

I think RJ has a size advantage at the 2 and a disadvantage at the 3. Not going to speak for his career, just the current rotation.

I think Jerami Grant could slide in at the 3 and pushes Barrett back to the 2. Reddish needs to earn those minutes first. Reddish’s defense will get him in the game. But I don’t think he strolls into the first unit without a fight.

This is the Randle.
wargames
Member: #6053

1/16/2022  12:42 AM
I think the Knicks will be done unless they get a good offer either directly or to participate in a 3 team trade. Burks might end up just being the starting PG. He actually brings what the Knicks need for the role, yeah there are guys who does that better but he is doing good enough. Also, yes Obi is in a bad position, but there isn’t a time limit on trading him. He has a few more seasons he can be traded for something good.
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Jimbo5

1/16/2022  1:32 AM
Ian Begley said the the Knicks and mavs have touched based regarding trading for Brunson, not sure if they have talked again after the Reddish trade. If the knicks can get Brunson by the trade deadline and no ither moves, i think the knicks have a chance to get to the playoffs and maybe reach the 2nd round. That young group can grow together hopefully the knicks can pattern the rebuild like how Memphis is doing it.
unstopaball12
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1137
Philippines
1/16/2022  2:03 AM
If indiana trades levert to the cavs for Rubio and picks.

Trade obi,Burks and second round picks for Turner

Second trade is: If Portland blows it up and trades nurkic for picks, I’d pounce on getting Covington

Noel and cash for covington.

Turner/Robinson
Randle/covington
Barrett/reddish
Fournier/Quickley
Walker/Rose

We lose a ball handler in Burks incase walker and Rose can’t go and excitement and youth in toppin, but we gain floor spacing and defense in Turner and covington while putting reddish in a position to contribute and succeed.

Whatever happens after, we can address in the off-season as Rose and walker will be on expiring contracts by then

MS
Member: #724
1/16/2022  8:43 AM
RJ should be the only untouchable player on the roster. I see him as a point 4 at some point, his ability to create shots and demeanor are made for this city. Grimes has real talent and can be our Seth Curry with better defense.

Kemba, Burks, Noel & Obi are the likely players to be moved with picks attached.

I’m not sold on Fox, but if we can do an IQ/Obi/Fournier 1 round pick who says no?

Mitch/Noel
Randle
RJ/Reddish
Burks/Grimes
Fox/Rose

y2zipper
Member: #3287

1/16/2022  9:14 AM
With the names out there, I'd be more inclined to say out of the market for now.
Jimbo5

1/16/2022  10:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/16/2022  10:36 AM
Im very intrigued by Jalen Brunson, one thing that im not too sold on him is his not so consistent 3pt shooting.Dallas hasn't extended his contract and i think will be an unrestricted free agent in the summer so there might be an opportunity here for the knicks to pounch.

Im not super sold on the idea of him being the long term pg answer but based on his performance in Dallas he can handle the starting point guard duties. If it turns out he is not the long term answer, if the price of getting him is reasonable im ok with it maybe having Brunson in the team can buy the knicks time until Deuce or Rokas or IQ can be ready to take over the starting PG spot.

Can burks plus the Knicks 1st round next draft entice the mavs to bite?

Just read that the knicks are not that sold on Randle after his struggles this season. The Hawks might be willing to trade john collins. Can a Randle-Collins swap work? After alot of people think the Knicks commited highway robbery with the Cam trade, maybe an outright swap might not be enough.

Or should the knicks fans be happy with a trade with the kings? Randle, walker, Evan and 2 1st round picks for Marvin bagley and D'Aaron Fox?

Which starting 5 will you choose:

A
Mitch
Jason Collins
Evan/Reddish
RJ
Brunson

B
Mitch
Marvin Bagley
Reddish
Rj
Fox

Which starting 5 can finish further?

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/16/2022  10:39 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:The word trades does not always mean improve.
Fans constantly looking for a quick fix. The FO is doing the right thing. Gaining incremental value and improving without starphucking. Hopefully that continues. For the first time I feel as though the FO has a plan and is planning things at a more advanced level than the average arm chair GM.

It is funny how most always want a trade. Yet they are the same that push to move on from new acquisitions just 42 games into the season.

I like where we are. Everyone in the roster has shown signs of being capable of a high level of play. Just need all of them to gel and become more consistent.

The key word is consistent and that becomes a problem players are not.

I think ThiBs is big on continuity so I don't see wholesale changes, and you already know this FO ain't giving up the farm for no player

Base on the Rose and Cam trades, we're the ones doing the fleecing this time around

ES
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/16/2022  11:02 AM
Mitchell Robinson is a UFA at seasons end. You have to do something with him before then.
With still a month away from the trade deadline, what move or moves can the Knicks make?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy