[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Woj: Cam Reddish to KNICKS, Knox out
Author Thread
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
1/14/2022  7:06 PM
Clean wrote:I deleted a previous reply to what Thibs said because it seemed more confrontational than intended when I read it back. My main point is that there has to be more coming near the trade deadline. We traded a non rotational player for one who wanted out from his old team to get more opportunities. We already have a log jam at his positions that is temporarily alleviated due to injures. Thibs is also known to ride his starters hard so its all not making sense unless there is more to come at a later date. If we don't make a move to clear up the logjam by the trade deadline there will be drama from someone due to a lack of playing time.

I agree. But after thinking about it, will this team ever be healthy? We have an injury riddled back court in Kemba and Rose. Cam joins that injury club. He only played 20 sonething games last year and missed some time this year. And the way thibs rides his starters I’m sure load management will come into play. But if we ever get 100% healthy then it will be a problem. But when have we been healthy this season. There’s always 2 or 3 players out. Another small trade for picks would help the log jam. But right now cam is also injured slightly so I’m not sure he’s healthy enough to play right away. So we will see as thibs said. Injuries and Covid protocol might dictate the rotation all season.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/14/2022  7:45 PM
Clean wrote:
Nalod wrote:Berman tweeted cam and RJ were not great friends at Duke. Why do we always assume guys together want to always be together.
Maybe true, maybe not.

One of my rules is never listen to Berman. He is only slightly better than Isola and Bondy. All 3 are still trash.

What are you talking about? Berman is a must when inquiring about the best Donut, bagel, pizza and Chinese food spots.

Berman likes the negative side of everything. His resume article was on Cat Aids. Reason why he stopped reporting on Tennis. Not enough drama for him to create.

Berman trying to start **** like he is covering the bachelor.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/14/2022  8:30 PM
Nalod wrote:Berman tweeted cam and RJ were not great friends at Duke. Why do we always assume guys together want to always be together.
Maybe true, maybe not.

I would think Duke is a little bit different than just playing together.

I'd let Berman stick to Starbles updates.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/14/2022  8:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/14/2022  8:34 PM
Uptown wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
blkexec wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o_kkAgUWAdQ

Cams defense on display during the bucks series. Nice

+1
Thanks for posting this. I love how he practically begs Middleton (no slouch) to take the baseline, and he knows Middleton won't do it, and Cam gets him to force up an airball. I might be wrong, but you haven't seen Knox exhibit the ability to get through screens like that.

Holy sheehit, if this guy can replicate anything like that on this team, nobody will remember Kevin Knox in 3 months.

Who?

Then again, if for whatever deranged reason Knox goes off on Saturday and channels his inner rookie year, this board may never recover from the traffic overload.

TPercy
Member: #5748

1/14/2022  8:36 PM
I mean idk with this we didn’t give up much and he has potential but right now he’s got some holes to work on. I’m hoping that his reputation as a defender will hold at the very least.
The Future is Bright!
Kemet
Member: #6148

1/14/2022  8:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/14/2022  9:00 PM
smackeddog wrote:So is Thibs unenthusiastic about Cam, or is he hinting or pressuring for a trade of other player on the roster?

When it comes to a teams rotation of players, never go with any of coach Thibs ideas.
The Chicago Bulls team always had a series of injury-prone players during the midseason games when Thibs were their head coach.

The GSW, Suns, Heats, and Grizz has been giving 10 or more of their players double-digit playing time each game throughout this Covid Protocol regular season. Teams like the Bucks playing a 7 and 8 man rotation this early in the season will have a injury-prone midseason and postseason.

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
1/14/2022  9:11 PM
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/14/2022  11:17 PM
Clean wrote:I deleted a previous reply to what Thibs said because it seemed more confrontational than intended when I read it back. My main point is that there has to be more coming near the trade deadline. We traded a non rotational player for one who wanted out from his old team to get more opportunities. We already have a log jam at his positions that is temporarily alleviated due to injures. Thibs is also known to ride his starters hard so its all not making sense unless there is more to come at a later date. If we don't make a move to clear up the logjam by the trade deadline there will be drama from someone due to a lack of playing time.

If Cam cannot produce on the court I don't think anyone would care what he wants or thinks he deserves. By the same token the mantra "You keep what you kill" is going to apply to him as well. What I am saying is his desire to play is really irrelevant. Kemba's playing time being a perfect example

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/15/2022  12:15 AM
ToddTT wrote:

That is unbelievable. And says it all.

Thinking RJ and maybe IQ could end that trend.

wargames
Member: #6053

1/15/2022  1:44 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
ToddTT wrote:

It really does speak volumes. I hope Mitch ends it…

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
wargames

1/15/2022  1:49 AM
blkexec wrote:

I agree. But after thinking about it, will this team ever be healthy? We have an injury riddled back court in Kemba and Rose. Cam joins that injury club. He only played 20 sonething games last year and missed some time this year. And the way thibs rides his starters I’m sure load management will come into play. But if we ever get 100% healthy then it will be a problem. But when have we been healthy this season. There’s always 2 or 3 players out. Another small trade for picks would help the log jam. But right now cam is also injured slightly so I’m not sure he’s healthy enough to play right away. So we will see as thibs said. Injuries and Covid protocol might dictate the rotation all season.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a trade is coming. The Knicks have too many assets. Keep in mind I can see them being the third or even fourth team on the Ben Simmons trade if it happens. Those big name trades are usually when you can use your assets and get something nice, while the main teams in the trade focus on the big names.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/15/2022  1:55 AM
wargames wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
ToddTT wrote:

Mitch was a second rounder, but I bet we haven’t extended many of those either.
wargames

1/15/2022  3:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/15/2022  3:04 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
wargames wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
ToddTT wrote:

Mitch was a second rounder, but I bet we haven’t extended many of those either.

They haven’t extended any of their youth. There have been good picks too who they could have kept since then but they always got caught up chasing the shiny object. Ariza, Gallonari, Wilson Chandler, Lee, Nate, Frye, Shump, Hardaway, Hell even KP (glad they traded KP but still) could have been extended. They literally traded all of them.

I think Mitch ends the record. Then again they seem to really want Myles Turner

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/15/2022  8:39 AM
smackeddog wrote:So is Thibs unenthusiastic about Cam, or is he hinting or pressuring for a trade of other player on the roster?

Would not say"unenthusiastic" but rather a word not used around here...realistic.

Too many think everyone else's players are stars yet our players are bums. Thibs knows this kid is just a kid and has struggled. He is hoping just like all of us but realistic.
He understand this is not propelling us into top three. All coaches want that game changing trade.
He knows this was not it.

Still in favor of trade and believe Cam can play well. Just didn't like giving up a one. Especially since the Lakers only offered two seconds. Thought Knox and a couple of two's would have got it done. But I am sure Rose tried that first.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/15/2022  9:25 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:

Would not say"unenthusiastic" but rather a word not used around here...realistic.

Too many think everyone else's players are stars yet our players are bums. Thibs knows this kid is just a kid and has struggled. He is hoping just like all of us but realistic.
He understand this is not propelling us into top three. All coaches want that game changing trade.

Still in favor of trade and believe Cam can play well. Just didn't like giving up a one. Especially since the Lakers only offered two seconds. Thought Knox and a couple of two's would have got it done. But I am sure Rose tried that first.

I think our staff has a plan for Reddish to succeed.

Step 1 - get him healthy

Step 2 - film and work with assistant coaches to correct a few things

Step 3 - define his role

Step 4 - don’t rush him out there, have a mini off-season until after the all star break/trade deadline. I think this kid is a gym rat like the rest of our youths

Step 5 - cut a hole in the box. Ok, so maybe no step 5

ccch
Member: #3876

1/15/2022  9:43 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
ToddTT wrote:

I guess that tells you how our front office has been. Must get rid of the "good old boys" and get some people in there that know what they're doing!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/15/2022  11:57 AM
wargames wrote:
blkexec wrote:

I wouldn’t be surprised if a trade is coming. The Knicks have too many assets. Keep in mind I can see them being the third or even fourth team on the Ben Simmons trade if it happens. Those big name trades are usually when you can use your assets and get something nice, while the main teams in the trade focus on the big names.

+1

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
1/15/2022  12:15 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
ToddTT wrote:

A lot of us blame the player but those who know it’s about the organization and how well they develop talent. The Knicks never knew how to develop talent. There was point they would take player because they had to by NBA rule otherwise they would have traded all their picks. They never knew how to develop talent. Hope they can make RJ into a Star he has odds stacked against him being a Knicks and they development history.

martin
USA
1/15/2022  12:17 PM
Rookie wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

I think our staff has a plan for Reddish to succeed.

Step 1 - get him healthy

Step 2 - film and work with assistant coaches to correct a few things

Step 3 - define his role

Step 4 - don’t rush him out there, have a mini off-season until after the all star break/trade deadline. I think this kid is a gym rat like the rest of our youths

Step 5 - cut a hole in the box. Ok, so maybe no step 5

Haha nice on step 5

Good steps for this season but IMHO the bigger discussion and roster maneuvering will also have to fall into place.

From what I have read I think Cam is pushing for an extension, $18+M now. I don't think the Knicks go for that and let him know that he has 1.5 years to work with the staff to get to that spot. This is where the wing whisperer Johnnie Bryant steps in and hopefully provides his best Donovan Mitchell mojo. The Knicks HAVE to provide Cam minutes, significant enough minutes with the ball in his hands, especially next year. Starter? Bench? Don't know.

Reddish will have to have a pre 2020-21 offseason ala Randle. He will have to show enough next year to warrant a significant offer.

Those would be my terms and I think the FO will take that route.

martin
USA
1/15/2022  12:28 PM
It's a good summary from the Atlanta side of things

Woj: Cam Reddish to KNICKS, Knox out

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy