I'll start.

Kevin Knox for Zion Wiliamson.

AUTOADVERT
SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
1/8/2022  2:44 PM
Frank stans for the 8th avenue meth addicts.
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

1/8/2022  5:42 PM
The best ability is availability.

And unfortunately Zion Williamson could be eating himself out of the league and may never be able to stay healthy.

I really hope he gets back to playing dominant basketball because when healthy he's the most exciting player I've ever witnessed play the game. Absolutely electric.

I'm pulling for the kid and what's sad is his weigh problems could simply be genetics and not a lack of effort or laziness.

fwk00
Member: #6048

1/8/2022  11:38 PM
NYKMentality wrote:The best ability is availability.

And unfortunately Zion Williamson could be eating himself out of the league and may never be able to stay healthy.

I really hope he gets back to playing dominant basketball because when healthy he's the most exciting player I've ever witnessed play the game. Absolutely electric.

I'm pulling for the kid and what's sad is his weigh problems could simply be genetics and not a lack of effort or laziness.

I actually wonder if an offer like this might fly.

Knox is nailed to the bench here - an empty roster spot.

Zion, a festering failure in NO - big risk in keeping and expensive. Maybe Knox and a second-rounder for a powerball in hell's chance of reforming Zion?

NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

1/8/2022  11:52 PM
fwk00 wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:The best ability is availability.

I actually wonder if an offer like this might fly.

Knox is nailed to the bench here - an empty roster spot.

Zion, a festering failure in NO - big risk in keeping and expensive. Maybe Knox and a second-rounder for a powerball in hell's chance of reforming Zion?

Come on man.

Pelicans would rather lose Zion for absolutely nothingness to Free Agency...

before they lose him for a scrub Kevin Knox and 2nd round picks 😅

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
1/8/2022  11:54 PM
An offer like this would not fly in anyway. Even if he's out for the season - NO would want an All-Star potential player and some picks. We do have a former All-Star (Randle) who I'd be willing to part with, provided we obtain a top nutritionist to assist with his diet/fitness.

In all seriousness is it really that risky to trade Randle for Zion? We're middle of the pack at best these days and Randle has the most value of any player on our team. Who else could we possibly acquire that would help this team significantly? At least Zion is young so while there is a lot of risk - he's not 30+ with a lengthy injury history and grossly overpaid...

wargames
Member: #6053

1/9/2022  12:00 AM
Trade Randle for some good players!

I don’t think the FO has the testicular fortitude or ingenuity needed to do it. So it’s the the improbable trade of the day… Maybe or the season.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
fwk00

1/9/2022  12:37 AM
jskinny35 wrote:An offer like this would not fly in anyway. Even if he's out for the season - NO would want an All-Star potential player and some picks. We do have a former All-Star (Randle) who I'd be willing to part with, provided we obtain a top nutritionist to assist with his diet/fitness.

In all seriousness is it really that risky to trade Randle for Zion? We're middle of the pack at best these days and Randle has the most value of any player on our team. Who else could we possibly acquire that would help this team significantly? At least Zion is young so while there is a lot of risk - he's not 30+ with a lengthy injury history and grossly overpaid...

Whoa! NO can't be delusional enough to expect very much at all for Zion who, today, looks like the biggest #1 bust of all time. The suggested trade of Knox or Knox and a sweetner (future #2 pick) is actually generous. Saves NO a ton of money and unloads an albatross. There's no bidding war going on for Zion.

Zion is not in Randle's league. Zion would need two very good years to warrant that kind of comparison and to merit an "All-Star potential player" in return. Today, Knox is the better, obviously functional player.

A Knox trade minimizes the risk for NY of Zion turning into the second coming of Eddie Curry. The gamble is that a reunion with Barrett, time, and professional pride might rekindle Zion's tarnished career.

fwk00

1/9/2022  12:51 AM
My Sunday improbable trade involves Fournier and Grimes bundled for SA's Derrick White and Devin Vassell.
PassTheBall
Member: #5872
Norway
1/9/2022  10:52 AM
This is the Randle era. He’s here for at least 2 more years. Let’s just hope the FO can build a team with him.

We need to hyper develop IQ and Grimes to starter talent.

I would trade RJ for Fox.

/PassTheBall
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/9/2022  11:51 AM
The question is two fold.
1st: do you want zion and pay him?
2nd: what is the acquisition cost?

As a fan what don’t we know? His physiology/biology and can it be enhanced? Does he have the fortitude and character/desire to defy his nature and work to get the greatness.

fwk00

1/9/2022  12:34 PM
Nalod wrote:The question is two fold.

As a fan what don’t we know? His physiology/biology and can it be enhanced? Does he have the fortitude and character/desire to defy his nature and work to get the greatness.

Right. Questions any team interested in him have to seriously consider.

Personally, I would treat it as a fair swap, Knox for Zion because Zion has no better future prospect than Knox at this point -nothing to lose, snowball's chance in hell of gain. Still, basically buying a lottery ticket.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

1/9/2022  9:58 PM

Giving Zion a max contract reeks of Isiah is still in the building

Nalod
USA
1/9/2022  10:17 PM
fwk00 wrote:

Personally, I would treat it as a fair swap, Knox for Zion because Zion has no better future prospect than Knox at this point -nothing to lose, snowball's chance in hell of gain. Still, basically buying a lottery ticket.

Say that happens, we get him for Knox and two number 1’s. Sit him this year, he comes back beasting, at age 24, give him max money then what? Hire a body guard to prevent him from eating a twinkie? Social media tweating out when he goes to KFC or a Pizza joint and stuffs his face with bad food? TMZ will pay for pictures of him with a bag or doritos and a big gulp of Mountain Dew?

He doing this to get traded? Break his foot then eat his way out of NOLA seems extreme.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/10/2022  9:31 AM
Three way trade: Kevin Knox, Ruckus Jokerbiteus, 2 second rounders to Dallas and three passes to World Wide Wes's next house party and Jericho Sims to the Lakeshow for KP, Frankie, and draft rights to Luka's first born son to the Knicks, Timmy Hardaway, Jr to the Lakeshow, Westbrook and a first rounder to the Knicks. And Melo gets thrown in to the Knicks for salary/comedy relief.

Let's Go Leon!

jskinny35
USA
1/10/2022  12:26 PM
Nalod wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

Say that happens, we get him for Knox and two number 1’s. Sit him this year, he comes back beasting, at age 24, give him max money then what? Hire a body guard to prevent him from eating a twinkie? Social media tweating out when he goes to KFC or a Pizza joint and stuffs his face with bad food? TMZ will pay for pictures of him with a bag or doritos and a big gulp of Mountain Dew?

He doing this to get traded? Break his foot then eat his way out of NOLA seems extreme.

Maybe not consciously overeating to get traded - but maybe he hates living/playing there and is depressed... maybe he his injury didn't help get him started on falling into worse shape and then it took over where he's dug a pretty big ditch. Emotionally this happens quite a lot to people. So while we have no idea what is going on - I wouldn't rule out that his happiness (or lack of) in NO could be contributing mightily to his training, diet, mood, effort, etc... If he hypothetically were to reunite with his buddy RJ in NJ at some point - while that wouldn't solve any underlying issues I suspect it may help change the trajectory of his life. Even a trade to a different city could serve as a temporary crutch to help him become the best version of himself in the league.

Nalod
USA
1/10/2022  1:48 PM
jskinny35 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

Maybe not consciously overeating to get traded - but maybe he hates living/playing there and is depressed... maybe he his injury didn't help get him started on falling into worse shape and then it took over where he's dug a pretty big ditch. Emotionally this happens quite a lot to people. So while we have no idea what is going on - I wouldn't rule out that his happiness (or lack of) in NO could be contributing mightily to his training, diet, mood, effort, etc... If he hypothetically were to reunite with his buddy RJ in NJ at some point - while that wouldn't solve any underlying issues I suspect it may help change the trajectory of his life. Even a trade to a different city could serve as a temporary crutch to help him become the best version of himself in the league.

They were teammates for like 8 months together. Depressed over eating living apart from his best buddy a bit over the top. Moving to new city is a nice change but the old saying “you always take the weather with you” is true too. I won’t pretend to get in his head.
Lets say I’d be ok with scenario of paying up for a healthy Zion. I’d hope we don’t empty the cupboard of assets on his emotional state.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/10/2022  1:51 PM
knicks1248 for orangeblobman
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
jskinny35
USA
1/10/2022  3:11 PM
Nalod wrote:
jskinny35 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

They were teammates for like 8 months together. Depressed over eating living apart from his best buddy a bit over the top. Moving to new city is a nice change but the old saying “you always take the weather with you” is true too. I won’t pretend to get in his head.
Lets say I’d be ok with scenario of paying up for a healthy Zion. I’d hope we don’t empty the cupboard of assets on his emotional state.

Never said he was depressed b/c he's not playing with RJ - just that changing cities and playing with a familiar player/friend could help him regain his form and health. Don't want to empty the cupboards for him either - this thread started with someone saying we should offer Knox and picks :)

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

1/10/2022  8:38 PM
jskinny35 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
jskinny35 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

Never said he was depressed b/c he's not playing with RJ - just that changing cities and playing with a familiar player/friend could help him regain his form and health. Don't want to empty the cupboards for him either - this thread started with someone saying we should offer Knox and picks :)

Look at his frame. Zion was 6’6 295lbs at the age of 18. This was inevitable

Your Improbable Trade of the Day

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy