[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We have to make a major Trade... there's no other way
Author Thread
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

1/6/2022  11:54 AM
Nalod wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:One trade idea I had- Grimes and IQ for Collin Sexton with the idea being we would lock Sexton in as the long term starter at PG. I think Cleveland is desperate to get in the playoffs and is even then unsure with the long term fit and accompanying contract. Grimes and IQ help them now and are cost controlled for next season.

While not a great lead PG- Sexton is a great guard. He can drive and score,pass,and shoot. The Knicks commit to a core of Sexton,RJ,and Randle.

Thats not a bad idea as far as long range goes. Sexton contract would have to be sorted out and of course we have to give him a long time to get his wheels back. Fans hate that.
We bailing on EF after 37 games? Thats fan stuff. EF is not Klay Thompson and can play better than he has. We have seen it.
Its all we got as fans, see an problem and trade it out.

I think IQ /Grimes is a lowball thought for Sexton. More like IQ and Obi. Does Cavs regret Markkenen? Maybe trade grows to Obi/Iq for Markennan and sexton. Im spitballing.
Fact is Clev needs a playmaker to replace Rubio. Logically Drose is the guy to go but thats cold to move him if he is settled here.
If Clev wants pick/s thats done after the season.

I had to check his FA status. Sexton will be an RFA so as long as the Knicks pay him a fair market price a long term contract should be straight forward. Cavs will have to choose between resigning Sexton or Rubio. Resigning both for 15 million each would put Cleveland right at the tax line.

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/6/2022  11:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/6/2022  11:59 AM
gradyandrew wrote:
Nalod wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:One trade idea I had- Grimes and IQ for Collin Sexton with the idea being we would lock Sexton in as the long term starter at PG. I think Cleveland is desperate to get in the playoffs and is even then unsure with the long term fit and accompanying contract. Grimes and IQ help them now and are cost controlled for next season.

While not a great lead PG- Sexton is a great guard. He can drive and score,pass,and shoot. The Knicks commit to a core of Sexton,RJ,and Randle.

Thats not a bad idea as far as long range goes. Sexton contract would have to be sorted out and of course we have to give him a long time to get his wheels back. Fans hate that.
We bailing on EF after 37 games? Thats fan stuff. EF is not Klay Thompson and can play better than he has. We have seen it.
Its all we got as fans, see an problem and trade it out.

I think IQ /Grimes is a lowball thought for Sexton. More like IQ and Obi. Does Cavs regret Markkenen? Maybe trade grows to Obi/Iq for Markennan and sexton. Im spitballing.
Fact is Clev needs a playmaker to replace Rubio. Logically Drose is the guy to go but thats cold to move him if he is settled here.
If Clev wants pick/s thats done after the season.

I had to check his FA status. Sexton will be an RFA so as long as the Knicks pay him a fair market price a long term contract should be straight forward. Cavs will have to choose between resigning Sexton or Rubio. Resigning both for 15 million each would put Cleveland right at the tax line.

I don't think Rubio is getting $15 coming off another knee injury and it's clear the Cavs don't value Sexton as a PG or starter, and that was before he got hurt. I'm just sure what direction they're willing to go in. I think they need another wing more than anything, so it's possible they let Sexton walk or try to do some sign and trade.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/6/2022  12:17 PM

For me this is a hard no.

Sexton is out for the whole year with a torn meniscus. This could be near Kemba knee territory but at a much earlier age. Emphasis on Could be. Some times torn meniscus players are out 4-6 weeks on the light end or 4-6 months on the heavier end of things. They have already declared him out for the year. Each meniscus tear is different obviously but it's the one thing that is really hard to compete with over the long haul when it is a bad tear and they have to remove the meniscus.

IMHO the Knicks are building their roster to reflect their coach. Hard nose, defensive oriented guys, and especially wing players who can defend the Point Of Attach. Think Grimes, IQ, McBride.

The Knicks also have Rokus simmering in the Euro stash proverbial wings.

Sexton is up for an extension and I don't think he is going to ask for anything less than $20M per.

I know he shares PG duties but his Assist to TO rate is atrocious.

He played 82 games the first season and has missed 10-20 games the other 2 seasons and will miss this entire season.

What are you gaining by having a high usage PG who likes to score and can't run a team?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
gradyandrew

1/6/2022  5:30 PM
Let's not over complicate things- he's a starting PG. Whatever flaws he has,he's a clear cut above IQ,Burks,and Kemba. This isn't a win now move.
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

1/6/2022  6:04 PM
martin wrote:

For me this is a hard no.

Sexton is out for the whole year with a torn meniscus. This could be near Kemba knee territory but at a much earlier age. Emphasis on Could be. Some times torn meniscus players are out 4-6 weeks on the light end or 4-6 months on the heavier end of things. They have already declared him out for the year. Each meniscus tear is different obviously but it's the one thing that is really hard to compete with over the long haul when it is a bad tear and they have to remove the meniscus.

IMHO the Knicks are building their roster to reflect their coach. Hard nose, defensive oriented guys, and especially wing players who can defend the Point Of Attach. Think Grimes, IQ, McBride.

Sexton is up for an extension and I don't think he is going to ask for anything less than $20M per.

He played 82 games the first season and has missed 10-20 games the other 2 seasons and will miss this entire season.

What are you gaining by having a high usage PG who likes to score and can't run a team?

agree 100% plus a lot of other reasons. Cavs seem to be playing great without the ball hog.

(5)(5)
NYKMentality
Member: #4385

1/6/2022  6:07 PM
martin wrote:For me this is a hard no.

Awesome post Martin.

Sexton has also been called out by multiple teammates as being a selfish teammate and disliked by his own teammates.

Not only that, but his Defense is worse than Kemba Walker's and just as atrocious as Damian Lillard's Defense. In other words. He plays atrocious Defense and that was before a screwed knee; and I can not imagine how ugly he'll look on Defense (after knee surgery).

20 points per game as a PG but yet only 3.3 assists per game? He's a ballhog and a black hole. He'd become a nightmare for the development of both R.J. Barrett and Julius Randle.

2018-2019 = 19-63.
2019-2020 = 19-46.
2020-2022 = 18-42.
2021-2022 = 7-4.

If we're to actually trade for an elite starring PG? I rather it be for someone who

A.) Doesn't have a career losing record @ PG of 63-158 (.285%).

B.) Not coming off of a serious and season ending knee injury.

C.) Didn't play absolute trash Defense (before knee surgery).

And

D.) Hasn't been called out by his own teammates for being selfish (ball hogging chucker).

It's an easy pass and an easy no on "Collin Sexton".

FA? Different story.

Trade for him? Heck no.

gradyandrew

1/6/2022  6:25 PM
NYKMentality wrote:

Awesome post Martin.

Sexton has also been called out by multiple teammates as being a selfish teammate and disliked by his own teammates.

Not only that, but his Defense is worse than Kemba Walker's and just as atrocious as Damian Lillard's Defense. In other words. He plays atrocious Defense and that was before a screwed knee; and I can not imagine how ugly he'll look on Defense (after knee surgery).

20 points per game as a PG but yet only 3.3 assists per game? He's a ballhog and a black hole. He'd become a nightmare for the development of both R.J. Barrett and Julius Randle.

2018-2019 = 19-63.
2019-2020 = 19-46.
2020-2022 = 18-42.
2021-2022 = 7-4.

If we're to actually trade for an elite starring PG? I rather it be for someone who

And

D.) Hasn't been called out by his own teammates for being selfish (ball hogging chucker).

FA? Different story.

Trade for him? Heck no.

Then who? Or do you think the Knicks should keep rolling.

foosballnick
Member: #3148

1/6/2022  6:43 PM
Just some spit-ballin ideas to turn the Knicks roster over......mostly just because I want Cam Reddish as a Knick.

Trade 1 - Randle to the Pacers for Sabonis. Pacers can add Jeremy Lamb to make it work salary wise. Knicks can throw back a few #2s if needed as a sweetener. Pacers might need some depth at C and ask for J Sims as well. Why do this........Sabonis can play the 4/5 and this will free-up Mitch or Noel for a further trade.

Trade 2 - Mitch & Kemba to the Hawks for Reddish & Lou Williams.

No idea if this will fly from a Pacers and Hawks perspective - although have read some rumors the Hawks are looking to move Reddish.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/6/2022  6:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/6/2022  6:46 PM
I’d rather have Brunson than Sexton. Sexton has more upside but feels like Brunson is a winner. For what it’s worth I feel like if this Kemba thing doesn’t work out there’s some real legs to the Brunson thing. His father worked with Thibs and both Jalen and his father were repped by Leon Rose. There’s a family dynamic. Not to mention he’s from NY/NJ. This will be major speculation until he signs long term elsewhere. I can easily see Dallas wanting to kick the tires on Kemba next year and if Brunson pushes to go to the Knicks, a deal of Kemba, a cap filler and a draft pick for Brunson.
BigDaddyG

1/6/2022  6:50 PM
gradyandrew wrote:Let's not over complicate things- he's a starting PG. Whatever flaws he has,he's a clear cut above IQ,Burks,and Kemba. This isn't a win now move.

Thing is, he wasn't a starting point guard leading up to the injury. He was their IQ. Now, that said, I'd be willing to gamble on a one year make good deal. But, like Knixkik, I'd definitely want to take a shot at someone like Jalen Brunson first.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
foosballnick
Member: #3148

1/6/2022  6:53 PM
gradyandrew wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:

Awesome post Martin.

2018-2019 = 19-63.
2019-2020 = 19-46.
2020-2022 = 18-42.
2021-2022 = 7-4.

And

FA? Different story.

Trade for him? Heck no.

You would likely have to sign and trade for Sexton to make it work under the cap. Not sure I want to give us significant assets for a ball dominant lead guard coming off of knee injury and who has not proven to be a winner, nor a good defender.

If you're willing to wait and pay Sexton via RFA or Sign and Trade - why not make a run at Brunson or Lavine? Lavine is not a PG, but would certainly make the team better.

NYKMentality

1/6/2022  6:53 PM
gradyandrew wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:

Awesome post Martin.

2018-2019 = 19-63.
2019-2020 = 19-46.
2020-2022 = 18-42.
2021-2022 = 7-4.

And

FA? Different story.

Trade for him? Heck no.

Simple.

▪︎ Wait for both Rose and Walker to return and then keep them fresh for (hopefully) the playoffs as a veteran PG duo.

▪︎ Continue to develop both Immanuel Quickley and Deuce McBride at PG.

▪︎ Walt until next year to see what we truly have within the NBA's #1 European Draft and Stash in Rokas Jokubaitis @ PG.

▪︎ Boat load of draft picks coming up in order to potentially steal a future Superstar PG.

2022: 1st round from Charlotte.
2022: 1st round (Own).

2022: 2nd round from Charlotte.
2022: 2nd round (Own).

2023: 1st round from Dallas.
2023: 1st round (Own).

2023: 2nd round from either of OKC, WAS, DAL or MIA.
2023: 2nd round from Utah.
2023: 2nd round (Own).
2023: 2nd round from Detroit.

Etc.

10 draft picks throughout the next two drafts?
4 of those 10 picks being 1st round selections?

NY has many of options to attack the PG position and imo; Collin Sexton shouldn't be one of them.

BigDaddyG

1/6/2022  6:54 PM
foosballnick wrote:Just some spit-ballin ideas to turn the Knicks roster over......mostly just because I want Cam Reddish as a Knick.

Trade 1 - Randle to the Pacers for Sabonis. Pacers can add Jeremy Lamb to make it work salary wise. Knicks can throw back a few #2s if needed as a sweetener. Pacers might need some depth at C and ask for J Sims as well. Why do this........Sabonis can play the 4/5 and this will free-up Mitch or Noel for a further trade.

No idea if this will fly from a Pacers and Hawks perspective - although have read some rumors the Hawks are looking to move Reddish.

I've mulled over a Randle/Sabonis swap in the past, but Pacers probably wouldn't do it. Randle just signed the extension and probably doesn't make sense for a rebuild.
Hawks are trying consolidate assets for a legit rotation player, but Mitch doesn't make sense for that roster. Kemba does as a backup, but I don't think that would be enough for them to deal Reddish.

fwk00
Member: #6048

1/6/2022  6:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/7/2022  12:05 AM
foosballnick wrote:Just some spit-ballin ideas to turn the Knicks roster over......mostly just because I want Cam Reddish as a Knick.

Good thinking.

Lakers are looking to dump Bazemore who I like a lot. Sabonis would be a nice pick-up - Dave DeBushere type player. Lou Williams is clutch.

Not sure I'd dump Mitch. Noah would not be missed.

Reddish would also be a nice pick-up.

Fournier HAS to go.

Build around Fournier!

NYKMentality

1/6/2022  7:11 PM
Cam Reddish? 🤣

3rd year with career numbers such as...

Cam Reddish:
26.6 Minutes per game.
11.3 Points.
3.5 Rebounds
1.4 Assists.
FG% of only .387%.
3PT% of only .330%.
Player Efficiency Rating of only 10.3.

😅🤣.

R.J. Barrett:
32.6 Minutes per game.
16.1 Points.
5.4 Rebounds.
2.7 assists.
FG% of .422%.
3PT% of .360%.
Player Efficiency Rating of 12.4.

For the fans who are impatient and often times get frustrated with R.J. Barrett? You would absolutely HATE Cam Reddish.

Why would we want Cam Reddish @ SF when we've already got a younger and much better R.J. Barrett @ SF?

BigDaddyG

1/6/2022  7:16 PM
NYKMentality wrote:Cam Reddish? 🤣

Cam Reddish:
26.6 Minutes per game.
11.3 Points.
3.5 Rebounds
1.4 Assists.
FG% of only .387%.
3PT% of only .330%.

😅🤣.

R.J. Barrett:
32.6 Minutes per game.
16.1 Points.
5.4 Rebounds.
2.7 assists.
FG% of .422%.
3PT% of .360%.

For the fans who are impatient and often times get frustrated with R.J. Barrett? You would absolutely HATE Cam Reddish.

Why would we want Cam Reddish @ SF when we've already got a younger and much better R.J. Barrett @ SF?

You could play both on the wings. I thought you'd love the idea since it could lead to less minutes for Fournier 😏
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
1/6/2022  7:53 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
jskinny35 wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:Halliburton looks like the better player so Fox could be available. I think N.O. would consider RJ for Ingram. There's also Grant in Detroit and Turner/ Sabonis.

The Knicks missed the boat on DeRozan this summer,not much to do about it now.

I don't see any possibility of Randle getting traded.

If the Knicks want an All Star back they will have to give up some of the young talent- Obi,Quickly,Grimes- I'm not sure if I want that.

I agree that Fox would most likely be the PG available. Fox's skillset doesn't seem to fit Thib's idea of a PG that can defend and shoot well from outside. He's super fast, athletic and would def help pick up the pace though. If the Knicks are continuing to focus on Randle as the leader/offensive focus - we really need an outside shooting PG that can also penetrate, defend and move the ball. I would offer more for Haliburton if Randle is the guy as he really would fit better around Randle than any other young PG I can think of. Would some combination of Obi, Knox, IQ, Burks and #1 pick get us Haliburton (if we took Bagley or an undesirable as well)?

I would not trade RJ for Ingram as Ingram isolates from the wing just like Randle (redundant) and think the spacing would be even more challenging (vs w/RJ).

If this front office trades a bunch of players and picks away to trade for Haliburton when they could of justed drafted him they should all be fired.

I would hope ego/pride doesn't get in the way of improving the roster. Every FO makes mistakes - the good ones acknowledge them and don't let their pride get in the way of correcting them. Really think Haliburton would be the best fit for this current roster - above really any other PG (when considering age, ability and salary).

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

1/6/2022  8:17 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

While not a great lead PG- Sexton is a great guard. He can drive and score and shoot. The Knicks commit to a core of Sexton & RJ and Randle.

I;m interested in sexton, but wouldn;t trade IQ for him.

What's up with this Sexton talk?

Isn't he out for the entire season after undergoing surgery (on a torn meniscus) to his left knee?

Collin Sexton was already Dame Lillard type of atrocious on Defense. And that was before his knee injury. I can not imagine how atrocious he'll look on Defense after his knee injury.

No thanks. I'll pass.

Would rather sign Rubio on the cheap next summer. Platoon him and Kemba at pg

knicks1248
Member: #582
1/17/2022  9:34 AM
Now if can some how get a big who can shoot that was just open the flood gates.

I like Mitchs energy and effort as of late, although his decent games are coming against lesser talent.

Noel is becoming the worst resigning we have had in a long time.

He probably has zero value at this point

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/17/2022  12:32 PM
NYKMentality wrote:Cam Reddish? 🤣

Cam Reddish:
26.6 Minutes per game.
11.3 Points.
3.5 Rebounds
1.4 Assists.
FG% of only .387%.
3PT% of only .330%.

😅🤣.

R.J. Barrett:
32.6 Minutes per game.
16.1 Points.
5.4 Rebounds.
2.7 assists.
FG% of .422%.
3PT% of .360%.

I guess you'll find out! Just because you don't know don't mean it isn't a thing.
Nalod can't see it either but here we are and Reddish is a knick.
With EF playing an effective game penetrating and on the perimeter I don't see where the minutes come. Team is on a nice winning mode. gotta like that!

We have to make a major Trade... there's no other way

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy