Author Thread
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
1/5/2022  10:54 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
blkexec wrote:DAME TIME

Which Dame?

▪︎ The Damian Lillard who's 31 years old and plays absolutely atrocious Defense?

▪︎ The Dame who's 31 years old, has been in the league since 2012 and has 5 1st round exits?

▪︎The 31 year old Dame who's a ball hogging chucker with atrocious Defence who NBA superstars have avoided like the black plague and have refused to play with him out in Portland over the years?

▪︎ The 31 year old Dame Lillard who's led his Portland team to a losing record of 14-22 (7th worst in the entire NBA)?

▪︎ Or is it the 31 year old Dame Lillard with atrocious Defense who's currently injured with a lower abdominal tendinopathy injury, will miss at least another 3 games and must go through further evaluations?

▪︎ The 31 year old Dame Lillard (who's soon to be washed up) and wants to be a RAPPER? 🤣

To want to trade away the likes of younger talents with both potential and an NBA future in R.J. Barrett, Obi Toppin, Immanuel Quickley and Mitchell Robinson + multiple 1st round draft picks + insane Dame Lillard salary cap space and all for this overrated "Superstar PG" is a thought that absolutely disgusts me as a Knicks fan.

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/outerlink.asp?id=146664502

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
AUTOADVERT
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
1/5/2022  11:38 PM
blkexec wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
blkexec wrote:DAME TIME

Which Dame?

▪︎ The Damian Lillard who's 31 years old and plays absolutely atrocious Defense?

▪︎ The Dame who's 31 years old, has been in the league since 2012 and has 5 1st round exits?

▪︎The 31 year old Dame who's a ball hogging chucker with atrocious Defence who NBA superstars have avoided like the black plague and have refused to play with him out in Portland over the years?

▪︎ The 31 year old Dame Lillard who's led his Portland team to a losing record of 14-22 (7th worst in the entire NBA)?

▪︎ Or is it the 31 year old Dame Lillard with atrocious Defense who's currently injured with a lower abdominal tendinopathy injury, will miss at least another 3 games and must go through further evaluations?

▪︎ The 31 year old Dame Lillard (who's soon to be washed up) and wants to be a RAPPER? 🤣

To want to trade away the likes of younger talents with both potential and an NBA future in R.J. Barrett, Obi Toppin, Immanuel Quickley and Mitchell Robinson + multiple 1st round draft picks + insane Dame Lillard salary cap space and all for this overrated "Superstar PG" is a thought that absolutely disgusts me as a Knicks fan.

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/outerlink.asp?id=146664502

I think I finally agree with NYKMentality - this would be terrible as we would be left with a backup combo guard as our starting SG. Awful at Dame's age even if healthy!

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/6/2022  12:04 AM
All the hack media gasbags have been proposing “do whatever it takes” trades for Lillard/Westbrook/Wall/whomever the f@#k since last year’s resurgence because they want the Knicks to continue sucking so they can continue making a living s#!tting on the team.
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

1/6/2022  12:07 AM
jskinny35 wrote:I think I finally agree with NYKMentality - this would be terrible as we would be left with a backup combo guard as our starting SG. Awful at Dame's age even if healthy!

No way I'm giving up both R.J. Barrett (21) and Obi Toppin (23) along with THREE 1ST ROUND PICKS... And all for a 31 year old PG with atrocious and I mean down right atrocious Defense.

2021-2022 = $39,344,900 (31 years old).

2022-2023 = $42,492,492 (32 years old).

2023-2024 = $45,640,085 (33 years old).

2024-2025 = $48,787,676 (34 years old).

Come on man.

R.J. Barrett?
Obi Toppin?
3 1st round picks?
$175,000,000 over the next 4 years?

For a 31 year old and soon to be absolutely washed up PG with atrocious Defense?

I'd become disgusted.

blkexec
1/6/2022  1:52 AM
NYKMentality wrote:
jskinny35 wrote:I think I finally agree with NYKMentality - this would be terrible as we would be left with a backup combo guard as our starting SG. Awful at Dame's age even if healthy!

No way I'm giving up both R.J. Barrett (21) and Obi Toppin (23) along with THREE 1ST ROUND PICKS... And all for a 31 year old PG with atrocious and I mean down right atrocious Defense.

2021-2022 = $39,344,900 (31 years old).

2022-2023 = $42,492,492 (32 years old).

2023-2024 = $45,640,085 (33 years old).

2024-2025 = $48,787,676 (34 years old).

Come on man.

R.J. Barrett?
Obi Toppin?
3 1st round picks?
$175,000,000 over the next 4 years?

For a 31 year old and soon to be absolutely washed up PG with atrocious Defense?

I'd become disgusted.

Actually I agree with Nalod. Drink decaf only.

I never said I agreed with the potential Dame trade. I also didn’t agree with a cp3 trade due to his age. But I was wrong along with 90% of knick fans. Now that we all see how cp3 changed the phx suns, now everybody is saying we need cp3. 😂

If we gonna make a trade, then make a trade. The more talent we get in a trade, the more we have to give up. There’s no point in making a trade that only gets us in the playoffs and knocked out first round. We can do that all on our own, with the current team. But if you want to win a chip now, u gotta sacrifice something.

Dame, Westbrook, Simmons…..Nobody is giving up a valuable PG for nothing. And the only real talent available that will even have a chance at making us better are players other teams don’t want. So u have to accept someone else’s baggage or Best path forward might be no trade at all.

Creating a thread that we need to make a trade, after a lost is a knee jerk reaction. Are we trading to win a chip? If not what’s the point?

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/6/2022  2:47 AM
Do you guys think we are one player away from ECF or a Championship? I thought that once we are a perennial playoff team only then would our players be worth enough to other teams to make a deal for a real piece to pair with our top 2. Replacing Randle Or RJ likely is a sideways move.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/6/2022  6:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/6/2022  6:19 AM
CP3 in PHX was. Finishing piece. He complimented Booker, Ayton and Bridges. Lillard at that salary with Randle is not enough.

A “Big Bang” trade is not the only way.
That trade proposal might be fair for the talant but it depletes the knicks.
Not to say Dame is washed up, but that is a hell of a price and the salary to boot.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/6/2022  7:17 AM
jskinny35 wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:Halliburton looks like the better player so Fox could be available. I think N.O. would consider RJ for Ingram. There's also Grant in Detroit and Turner/ Sabonis.

The Knicks missed the boat on DeRozan this summer,not much to do about it now.

I don't see any possibility of Randle getting traded.

If the Knicks want an All Star back they will have to give up some of the young talent- Obi,Quickly,Grimes- I'm not sure if I want that.

I agree that Fox would most likely be the PG available. Fox's skillset doesn't seem to fit Thib's idea of a PG that can defend and shoot well from outside. He's super fast, athletic and would def help pick up the pace though. If the Knicks are continuing to focus on Randle as the leader/offensive focus - we really need an outside shooting PG that can also penetrate, defend and move the ball. I would offer more for Haliburton if Randle is the guy as he really would fit better around Randle than any other young PG I can think of. Would some combination of Obi, Knox, IQ, Burks and #1 pick get us Haliburton (if we took Bagley or an undesirable as well)?

I would not trade RJ for Ingram as Ingram isolates from the wing just like Randle (redundant) and think the spacing would be even more challenging (vs w/RJ).

If this front office trades a bunch of players and picks away to trade for Haliburton when they could of justed drafted him they should all be fired.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
blkexec
1/6/2022  7:33 AM
Nalod wrote:CP3 in PHX was. Finishing piece. He complimented Booker, Ayton and Bridges. Lillard at that salary with Randle is not enough.

Not to say Dame is washed up, but that is a hell of a price and the salary to boot.

I agree. And the FO of the past would be all over this dame trade. This FO of today appears to be a lot smarter with their moves. And will only jump if the price is right. If they really want dame, u can wait until his price is lower. There’s still too many years left on his contract.

But I’m sure the FO has several scenarios on the table that includes EF. Right now we only need to make trades that helps us without depleting the team. We still don’t know how grimes and duece will look in their second year. Personally I would like to trade Kemba and EF for a bag of nuts to give our youths some game time and see how far Randle and RJ can lead this starting unit. With those 2 clicking now, that’s more important to me than making the playoffs. We already have the best 2nd unit in the league and the FO or Thibs are not trying to mess that up. Watching Randle and RJ gain confidence together might be the best path forward right now.

knicks1248
Member: #582
1/6/2022  8:12 AM
blkexec wrote:
Nalod wrote:CP3 in PHX was. Finishing piece. He complimented Booker, Ayton and Bridges. Lillard at that salary with Randle is not enough.

I agree. And the FO of the past would be all over this dame trade. This FO of today appears to be a lot smarter with their moves. And will only jump if the price is right. If they really want dame, u can wait until his price is lower. There’s still too many years left on his contract.

But I’m sure the FO has several scenarios on the table that includes EF. Right now we only need to make trades that helps us without depleting the team. We still don’t know how grimes and duece will look in their second year. Personally I would like to trade Kemba and EF for a bag of nuts to give our youths some game time and see how far Randle and RJ can lead this starting unit. With those 2 clicking now, that’s more important to me than making the playoffs. We already have the best 2nd unit in the league and the FO or Thibs are not trying to mess that up. Watching Randle and RJ gain confidence together might be the best path forward right now.

The honeymoon for the FO is over, don't forget we had the most cap space and walked away with Rose, Kemba, EF, Noel, Burks.

3 of those guys aren't even playing, and EF looks like a horrible FIT, only Burks seemed to our prize off season move

You can forget about Grimes, OBI and Mcbride getting major minutes unless they are playing at a high level and we are winning games that's the type of coach we have.

We don't need a wholesale trade, we just need a spark sort of like the ROSE trade last season.

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/6/2022  8:52 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
blkexec wrote:

The honeymoon for the FO is over, don't forget we had the most cap space and walked away with Rose, Kemba, EF, Noel, Burks.

3 of those guys aren't even playing, and EF looks like a horrible FIT, only Burks seemed to our prize off season move

You can forget about Grimes, OBI and Mcbride getting major minutes unless they are playing at a high level and we are winning games that's the type of coach we have.

We don't need a wholesale trade, we just need a spark sort of like the ROSE trade last season.

I guess if you just state it, it must be so.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
1/6/2022  8:56 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Did you not start this thread with a title that said we need a MAJOR TRADE? You did.
FO honeymoon? The team far exceeded expectations and we loved it. So your saying the FO is no longer loved by who, the Fan? So when the going gets tough, the FO should change and pander to fans who have the attention span of a fly?

35 games in and you have no take really. Just flopping in reaction to wins or losses.

Chandler
Member: #6197

1/6/2022  9:00 AM
I understand the sentiment, but when you consider the options (plus the grass is always greener issue) then i agree with Briggs. Our best option is to dig ourselves out of this hole
(5)(5)
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/6/2022  9:22 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/6/2022  9:23 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Agreed about needing a Rose-like spark trade. We saw last year what the right move can do you fill the gaps on a team. At this point I’d like to trade Fournier and maybe a pick or two for a player who can bring energy back to the team on both ends. I wonder if Houston would take on fourniers contract in order to hoard a couple more picks in exchange for Eric Gordon. That guy gets after it on both ends of the floor and gives off the same vibe at Burks. Sort of a true vet who Thibs will trust and appreciate. I could see him being this years DRose. A similar deal maybe to Portland for Covington, who lost his starting spot with Portland but can bring some defensive versatility to our team clearly lacking it. Just looking at some possibilities for a smaller deal that can help rejuvenate the team and plug some holes.

knicks1248
Member: #582
1/6/2022  9:53 AM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
blkexec wrote:

You know I have nothing but good things to say about them, but you can't complain about the players they signed and then act like accountability falls on the player.

The signings look super suspect 37 games in, but I'm not calling for a fire sale just yet

Kemba, Noel and EF are just flat out unreliable, and very limited

Burks struggles as a starter, but is a blessing off the bench.

Grimes is to inconsistent to bench EF... Thibs said he couldn't remove EF from the starting line up because despite is glaring flaws, he still creates space, especially when you have big men that can only dunk

The bottom line is we are going to need RJ and Randle to play like KOBE and ShaQ if we don't make any moves....

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/6/2022  10:34 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
blkexec wrote:

You know I have nothing but good things to say about them, but you can't complain about the players they signed and then act like accountability falls on the player.

The signings look super suspect 37 games in, but I'm not calling for a fire sale just yet

Kemba, Noel and EF are just flat out unreliable, and very limited

Burks struggles as a starter, but is a blessing off the bench.

Grimes is to inconsistent to bench EF... Thibs said he couldn't remove EF from the starting line up because despite is glaring flaws, he still creates space, especially when you have big men that can only dunk

The bottom line is we are going to need RJ and Randle to play like KOBE and ShaQ if we don't make any moves....

Last year was the FIRST year of the Leon and team's product. By all accounts, THEY GALACTIC-ALLY OVER PERFORMED.

Leon and FO are in the beginning half of season 2.

These things are not a straight line and don't manifest themselves 30 or 40 games into a season. Guys get hurt, COVID knocks people back, expectations are unrealistically set.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
gradyandrew
Member: #8959

1/6/2022  10:46 AM
One trade idea I had- Grimes and IQ for Collin Sexton with the idea being we would lock Sexton in as the long term starter at PG. I think Cleveland is desperate to get in the playoffs and is even then unsure with the long term fit and accompanying contract. Grimes and IQ help them now and are cost controlled for next season.

While not a great lead PG- Sexton is a great guard. He can drive and score,pass,and shoot. The Knicks commit to a core of Sexton,RJ,and Randle.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/6/2022  10:57 AM
gradyandrew wrote:One trade idea I had- Grimes and IQ for Collin Sexton with the idea being we would lock Sexton in as the long term starter at PG. I think Cleveland is desperate to get in the playoffs and is even then unsure with the long term fit and accompanying contract. Grimes and IQ help them now and are cost controlled for next season.

While not a great lead PG- Sexton is a great guard. He can drive and score,pass,and shoot. The Knicks commit to a core of Sexton,RJ,and Randle.

I’m interested in sexton, but wouldn’t trade IQ for him.

Nalod
USA
1/6/2022  11:19 AM
gradyandrew wrote:One trade idea I had- Grimes and IQ for Collin Sexton with the idea being we would lock Sexton in as the long term starter at PG. I think Cleveland is desperate to get in the playoffs and is even then unsure with the long term fit and accompanying contract. Grimes and IQ help them now and are cost controlled for next season.

Thats not a bad idea as far as long range goes. Sexton contract would have to be sorted out and of course we have to give him a long time to get his wheels back. Fans hate that.
We bailing on EF after 37 games? Thats fan stuff. EF is not Klay Thompson and can play better than he has. We have seen it.
Its all we got as fans, see an problem and trade it out.

I think IQ /Grimes is a lowball thought for Sexton. More like IQ and Obi. Does Cavs regret Markkenen? Maybe trade grows to Obi/Iq for Markennan and sexton. Im spitballing.
Fact is Clev needs a playmaker to replace Rubio. Logically Drose is the guy to go but thats cold to move him if he is settled here.
If Clev wants pick/s thats done after the season.

NYKMentality
Member: #4385

1/6/2022  11:45 AM
Knixkik wrote:

While not a great lead PG- Sexton is a great guard. He can drive and score and shoot. The Knicks commit to a core of Sexton & RJ and Randle.

I;m interested in sexton, but wouldn;t trade IQ for him.

What's up with this Sexton talk?

Isn't he out for the entire season after undergoing surgery (on a torn meniscus) to his left knee?

Collin Sexton was already Dame Lillard type of atrocious on Defense. And that was before his knee injury. I can not imagine how atrocious he'll look on Defense after his knee injury.

No thanks. I'll pass.

We have to make a major Trade... there's no other way

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy