[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We have to make a major Trade... there's no other way
Author Thread
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

1/5/2022  1:51 AM
Halliburton looks like the better player so Fox could be available. I think N.O. would consider RJ for Ingram. There's also Grant in Detroit and Turner/ Sabonis.

The Knicks missed the boat on DeRozan this summer,not much to do about it now.

I don't see any possibility of Randle getting traded.

If the Knicks want an All Star back they will have to give up some of the young talent- Obi,Quickly,Grimes- I'm not sure if I want that.

AUTOADVERT
jskinny35
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #928
USA
1/5/2022  2:09 AM
gradyandrew wrote:Halliburton looks like the better player so Fox could be available. I think N.O. would consider RJ for Ingram. There's also Grant in Detroit and Turner/ Sabonis.

The Knicks missed the boat on DeRozan this summer,not much to do about it now.

I don't see any possibility of Randle getting traded.

If the Knicks want an All Star back they will have to give up some of the young talent- Obi,Quickly,Grimes- I'm not sure if I want that.

I agree that Fox would most likely be the PG available. Fox's skillset doesn't seem to fit Thib's idea of a PG that can defend and shoot well from outside. He's super fast, athletic and would def help pick up the pace though. If the Knicks are continuing to focus on Randle as the leader/offensive focus - we really need an outside shooting PG that can also penetrate, defend and move the ball. I would offer more for Haliburton if Randle is the guy as he really would fit better around Randle than any other young PG I can think of. Would some combination of Obi, Knox, IQ, Burks and #1 pick get us Haliburton (if we took Bagley or an undesirable as well)?

I would not trade RJ for Ingram as Ingram isolates from the wing just like Randle (redundant) and think the spacing would be even more challenging (vs w/RJ).

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/5/2022  5:54 AM
knicks1248 wrote:We are not tanking, and you shouldn't want to develop your youth in that kind of culture anyway, we seen enough of that to know it don't work

We don't have major cap in 22, even if we did 75% of the league( tier A and B skill level) are under contract for next season, there's very few bad contracts

we can't trade for a star with out leaving the roster lopsided

Lavine is the only top tier FA this yr, Beal, Kyrie, Harden, Westbrook, Wall all have player options.

The draft is not loaded, and we already have 7 or 8 guys on rookie contracts with at least 9or 10 players under contract for next season.

This roster doesn't have the proper balance, We need to make a trade for better fitting player/s (kemba, fournier, Obi, Mitch, knox, Noel, Mcbride) are the guys on my trading block, not that I want them traded but i could sacrifice 1 or 2 of them.

Our centers can't shoot, or stay healthy

Our young players are too inconsistent and their Roles are changing every other game...thats not good

The starting line up lacks an energy player and a perimeter BIG, and you just cant take that from the bench because that weakens them.

We have to shake up that starting line up from the outside

Starphucher whine. We need a big bang but offer no reality. Fan wants hope at any cost.
Phuch that stupidity. Its lazy to think addition without subtraction is the answer.
Bing Bong………….

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
1/5/2022  8:42 AM
I'm all for a big trade but it's got to be the right trade. I'm not trading the farm and years of first rounders for someone like Lillard or Beal. Those guys don't move the needle with a depleted roster. I'm only trading the farm and years of first rounders for someone at the level of KD or Harden. Otherwise, stay the course, hope RJ takes a next step or that we get lucky with a 15th pick like Milwaukee did with Giannis or San Antonio with Kawhi.
knicks1248
Member: #582
1/5/2022  8:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/5/2022  9:05 AM
SergioNYK wrote:I'm all for a big trade but it's got to be the right trade. I'm not trading the farm and years of first rounders for someone like Lillard or Beal. Those guys don't move the needle with a depleted roster. I'm only trading the farm and years of first rounders for someone at the level of KD or Harden. Otherwise, stay the course, hope RJ takes a next step or that we get lucky with a 15th pick like Milwaukee did with Giannis or San Antonio with Kawhi.

If RJ and Randle are going to play like they did last night on a consistent basis, then maybe we're good.

This entire team is guilty of having great games and then follow that up with 5 bad games

ES
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

1/5/2022  9:46 AM
We are not getting a superstar here until another KD situation happens except hopefully next time the guy doesn’t wuss out last second

Our next opportunity is possibly Ja Morant in a couple years. No way will Silver want the league’s best pg stuck in a nothing market for too long. Ofcourse I’m sure he’ll try to organize the inevitable trade with the lakers or clippers but if he’s smart he’ll orchaestrate a trade with us

knicks1248
1/5/2022  9:58 AM
Philc1 wrote:We are not getting a superstar here until another KD situation happens except hopefully next time the guy doesn’t wuss out last second

Our next opportunity is possibly Ja Morant in a couple years. No way will Silver want the league’s best pg stuck in a nothing market for too long. Ofcourse I’m sure he’ll try to organize the inevitable trade with the lakers or clippers but if he’s smart he’ll orchaestrate a trade with us

so our hope is to wait for a guy on another team to become a FA in 3 yrs or more..

ES
NYKMentality
Member: #4385

1/5/2022  10:07 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Philc1 wrote:We are not getting a superstar here until another KD situation happens except hopefully next time the guy doesn;t wuss out last second

Our next opportunity is possibly Ja Morant in a couple years. No way will Silver want the leagues best pg stuck in a nothing market for too long. Ofcourse I;m sure hell try to organize the inevitable trade with the lakers or clippers but if hes smart hell orchaestrate a trade with us

so our hope is to wait for a guy on another team to become a FA in 3 yrs or more..

No.

Our hope is to continue building and drafting around Julius Randle while all of Deuce McBride, Quentin Grimes, Immanuel Quickley, R.J. Barrett, Obi Toppin and Mitchell Robinson (+ future 1st round picks) continue to develop around him while also getting postseason/playoff experience under their belt(s).

Some say Julius Randle isn't good enough to lead a team to a Championship. I disagree. Michael Jordan didn't win his 1st ring until 27 years old. Julius Randle? 27 years old.

No. I'm not saying Julius Randle will ever become Michael Jordan. But Julius Randle is most certainly an NBA star who's worth BUILDING AROUND.

Nalod
USA
1/5/2022  10:42 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Philc1 wrote:We are not getting a superstar here until another KD situation happens except hopefully next time the guy doesn’t wuss out last second

These two posts are great examples of limited thought process in search for path.
One says he knows whats best for Ja Morant. The other is two dimensional.
Neither can wrap there heads around doing fundamentally correct things in small increments.
If trying to lose weight they'd seek some quick remedy than lifestyle change and long term health.
That last year was a team that exceeded most estimates by 20 games and this year is a bit below and the whole thing is a misery.
If either lost 30 lbs by some quick pill methoed then put 15 back they'd whine that it was not there fault and its rigged. Meanwhile they'd forget they did lose 15lbs.
Sad.

Nalod
USA
1/5/2022  10:47 AM
NYKMentality wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Philc1 wrote:We are not getting a superstar here until another KD situation happens except hopefully next time the guy doesn;t wuss out last second

Our next opportunity is possibly Ja Morant in a couple years. No way will Silver want the leagues best pg stuck in a nothing market for too long. Ofcourse I;m sure hell try to organize the inevitable trade with the lakers or clippers but if hes smart hell orchaestrate a trade with us

No.

Our hope is to continue building and drafting around Julius Randle while all of Deuce McBride, Quentin Grimes, Immanuel Quickley, R.J. Barrett, Obi Toppin and Mitchell Robinson (+ future 1st round picks) continue to develop around him while also getting postseason/playoff experience under their belt(s).

Some say Julius Randle isn't good enough to lead a team to a Championship. I disagree. Michael Jordan didn't win his 1st ring until 27 years old. Julius Randle? 27 years old.

No. I'm not saying Julius Randle will ever become Michael Jordan. But Julius Randle is most certainly an NBA star who's worth BUILDING AROUND.

Randle is a at peak middleton or milsap. Not sure a "Star" you build around but build WITH.
Stop with the "where we are now vs. Last season" or the Jordan comp at age 27. Its really not helping your cause.
You come across like some crazed knick fan on Molly or XTC.
Jordan was an ELITE ball hog stat whore who they built around and at age 27 it all came together. What you take away and perhaps demonstrate to the Hate and Blame crowd is progress is not always linear year to year. Thus 35 games in blowing it up is short sighted.
But if they don't want to digest that, or cannot comprehend due to reasons we can only guess at then you do what you can.

knicks1248
1/5/2022  11:08 AM
NYKMentality wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

No.

The window is 3 yrs dude, and i seriously doubt we are waiting on Mcbride and Grimes to get up to speed .

In fact if don't make the Playoffs or we do and it's a quick exit and randle has another brain melt down, he will probably get traded this summer.

With No Cap space limited FA, and potentially two 1st round picks in(hornets protected pick) 2022, I don't see all of our current young corp sticking around for long.

There will be a few high end players come june that want out, or teams want change.

ES
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/5/2022  2:16 PM
martin wrote:Sky is blue and Rebecca is dead to me.

Sky is actually whitish gray here, and not for nothing, but you do seem infatuated with that baby bump...

Could your lost beloved's increasing estrogen levels be something we can count on for possibly causing more Knick wins?

jrodmc
USA
1/5/2022  2:17 PM
Philc1 wrote:We need to draft and sign players who can actually shoot

Fournier was supposed to do that but he’s been mostly disappointing. Kemba was that but he was made the scapegoat for us only being the 6th seed and a game above .500 and now he’s injured

IQ and Grimes are supposed to be those players. Or am I missing something?

What actual shooters can we sign?

jrodmc
USA
1/5/2022  2:18 PM
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Fournier was supposed to do that but he’s been mostly disappointing. Kemba was that but he was made the scapegoat for us only being the 6th seed and a game above .500 and now he’s injured

No panic trades. Stay the course.

I love it. We can count on Briggs for patience

Christian Woods is obviously not available.

Nalod
USA
1/5/2022  2:31 PM
jrodmc wrote:

DeOpen ChonSept: spanish league sharp shooter Free agent. He is the answer to everything. You trade for him, create cap, blow picks, trade for picks.....Anything to nab him. He is as old or young as you wish.
He is a glue, pass first, shoot first, playmaker defense first player. He has elastic wingspan, blocks shots, steals, and shoots 40% from 3. He is a mentor and the mentored. He is young enough for upside yet mature enough to coach.

He is the answer. Not that anyone is asking the question. He is the man we should trade for, sign, or draft. He wants to be where you want him. Good locker room guy.

jrodmc
USA
1/5/2022  2:39 PM
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

DeOpen ChonSept: spanish league sharp shooter Free agent. He is the answer to everything. You trade for him, create cap, blow picks, trade for picks.....Anything to nab him. He is as old or young as you wish.
He is a glue, pass first, shoot first, playmaker defense first player. He has elastic wingspan, blocks shots, steals, and shoots 40% from 3. He is a mentor and the mentored. He is young enough for upside yet mature enough to coach.

He is the answer. Not that anyone is asking the question. He is the man we should trade for, sign, or draft. He wants to be where you want him. Good locker room guy.

I heard some reports that he actually eats triangles for breakfast, too!
And he holds the all-time Euro record for never missing exit interviews.
And his brother is deaf, mute and blind and only shows up to games to feel the vibrations of DeOpen ripping the nets with his 3-point shooting.
Coach K goes to his home for Thanksgiving!
He also makes everyone around him better, even Knox or Fournier.

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/5/2022  2:51 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

I heard some reports that he actually eats triangles for breakfast, too!
And he holds the all-time Euro record for never missing exit interviews.
And his brother is deaf, mute and blind and only shows up to games to feel the vibrations of DeOpen ripping the nets with his 3-point shooting.
Coach K goes to his home for Thanksgiving!
He also makes everyone around him better, even Knox or Fournier.

Ok then, it's settled. Now let's put together a package that they cannot say no to . Championship 🏆 here we come!

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
blkexec
Member: #748
1/5/2022  7:29 PM
DAME TIME
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
gradyandrew
Member: #8959

1/5/2022  8:52 PM
I think at this point the front office can only be opportunistic. They made a lot of bad calls this summer in FA,Even Randle's extension is looking a little clunky. The Knicks have to say flexible with contracts,prospects,and picks and hope that the next time a team goes "full Orlando" (trading Fournier,Vucevic,and Gordon) the Knicks can top the next team's best offer.

I think there will be some big trades coming up. The playoff races are too close this year and a lot of teams think they can win it all.

NYKMentality
Member: #4385

1/5/2022  9:00 PM
blkexec wrote:DAME TIME

Which Dame?

▪︎ The Damian Lillard who's 31 years old and plays absolutely atrocious Defense?

▪︎ The Dame who's 31 years old, has been in the league since 2012 and has 5 1st round exits?

▪︎The 31 year old Dame who's a ball hogging chucker with atrocious Defence who NBA superstars have avoided like the black plague and have refused to play with him out in Portland over the years?

▪︎ The 31 year old Dame Lillard who's led his Portland team to a losing record of 14-22 (7th worst in the entire NBA)?

▪︎ Or is it the 31 year old Dame Lillard with atrocious Defense who's currently injured with a lower abdominal tendinopathy injury, will miss at least another 3 games and must go through further evaluations?

▪︎ The 31 year old Dame Lillard (who's soon to be washed up) and wants to be a RAPPER? 🤣

To want to trade away the likes of younger talents with both potential and an NBA future in R.J. Barrett, Obi Toppin, Immanuel Quickley and Mitchell Robinson + multiple 1st round draft picks + insane Dame Lillard salary cap space and all for this overrated "Superstar PG" is a thought that absolutely disgusts me as a Knicks fan.

We have to make a major Trade... there's no other way

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy