[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We have to make a major Trade... there's no other way
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/4/2022  1:48 PM
We are not tanking, and you shouldn't want to develop your youth in that kind of culture anyway, we seen enough of that to know it don't work

We don't have major cap in 22, even if we did 75% of the league( tier A and B skill level) are under contract for next season, there's very few bad contracts

we can't trade for a star with out leaving the roster lopsided

Lavine is the only top tier FA this yr, Beal, Kyrie, Harden, Westbrook, Wall all have player options.

The draft is not loaded, and we already have 7 or 8 guys on rookie contracts with at least 9or 10 players under contract for next season.

This roster doesn't have the proper balance, We need to make a trade for better fitting player/s (kemba, fournier, Obi, Mitch, knox, Noel, Mcbride) are the guys on my trading block, not that I want them traded but i could sacrifice 1 or 2 of them.

Our centers can't shoot, or stay healthy

Our young players are too inconsistent and their Roles are changing every other game...thats not good

The starting line up lacks an energy player and a perimeter BIG, and you just cant take that from the bench because that weakens them.

We have to shake up that starting line up from the outside

ES
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/4/2022  2:45 PM
Sky is blue and Rebecca is dead to me.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

1/4/2022  2:51 PM
We need to draft and sign players who can actually shoot

Fournier was supposed to do that but he’s been mostly disappointing. Kemba was that but he was made the scapegoat for us only being the 6th seed and a game above .500 and now he’s injured

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/4/2022  2:53 PM
Philc1 wrote:We need to draft and sign players who can actually shoot

Fournier was supposed to do that but he’s been mostly disappointing. Kemba was that but he was made the scapegoat for us only being the 6th seed and a game above .500 and now he’s injured

No panic trades. Stay the course.

RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/4/2022  2:55 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

I love it. We can count on Briggs for patience
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/4/2022  2:57 PM
martin wrote:Sky is blue and Rebecca is dead to me.

Sky is definitely blue, but not too sure about the Rebecca part

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

1/4/2022  2:58 PM
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I love it. We can count on Briggs for patience

Did he find out about Denzel Valentin yet?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Philc1

1/4/2022  3:00 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Is there even a “panic trade” available? The sixers would never trade us Simmons(who we need like a case of Ebola).

BigDaddyG

1/4/2022  3:07 PM
Philc1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Is there even a “panic trade” available? The sixers would never trade us Simmons(who we need like a case of Ebola).

Does the NBA have an Ebola protocol? If so, maybe Simmons would work.

Philc1

1/4/2022  3:10 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Depends. If you’re the Knicks you continue to play. If you’re the nets or bulls the games get rescheduled

BigDaddyG

1/4/2022  3:15 PM
Philc1 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Depends. If you’re the Knicks you continue to play. If you’re the nets or bulls the games get rescheduled

But they still get to keep Ryan Arcidiacono?

Philc1

1/4/2022  3:18 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

But they still get to keep Ryan Arcidiacono?

Even better. Knicks get to retain rights to Frederic Weis

NYKMentality
Member: #4385

1/4/2022  3:48 PM
Let's just trade the farm for Dame atrocious Defense Lillard 😅🤣
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/4/2022  4:13 PM
NYKMentality wrote:Let's just trade the farm for Dame atrocious Defense Lillard 😅🤣

As long as Randle is included it'll be a net-net right?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/4/2022  4:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/4/2022  4:53 PM
A big trade is the next step. Knicks front office will treat this season struggles so far as circumstantial and poor fit with new pieces. There’s no rebuilding likely. Not that it will happen tomorrow, but I’m keeping an eye on De’Aaron Fox. Kentucky guy who fits as a young piece, not just a win-now piece. He’s a Kentucky guy and doesn’t fit well with Haliburton.
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
1/4/2022  4:58 PM
When you feel like you have to make a trade it most often ends up bad. I think the FO really needs to make that decision between Randle leading the way or moving in a different direction. While I don't think Randle is the way to go - that needs to be clearly decided before any changes are made IMO. Adding a piece to help Randle is not going to amount to much so it's either trade the young guys for a vet to help Randle get us to the 2nd round, move Randle for either future picks or a similarly producing player or stand pat and take our lumps. I personally would go for stand pat/lumps but would be willing to make small moves (eg move on from Burks and Rose) near the deadline. They have been amazing players for us but we are going nowhere right now and they are both 30 with value for a contender. I say free them for future picks or young talent coming back.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/4/2022  5:11 PM
Sell low!
Philc1

1/4/2022  9:18 PM
NYKMentality wrote:Let's just trade the farm for Dame atrocious Defense Lillard 😅🤣

Are you Tommy Beer?

Philc1

1/4/2022  9:24 PM
jskinny35 wrote:When you feel like you have to make a trade it most often ends up bad. I think the FO really needs to make that decision between Randle leading the way or moving in a different direction. While I don't think Randle is the way to go - that needs to be clearly decided before any changes are made IMO. Adding a piece to help Randle is not going to amount to much so it's either trade the young guys for a vet to help Randle get us to the 2nd round, move Randle for either future picks or a similarly producing player or stand pat and take our lumps. I personally would go for stand pat/lumps but would be willing to make small moves (eg move on from Burks and Rose) near the deadline. They have been amazing players for us but we are going nowhere right now and they are both 30 with value for a contender. I say free them for future picks or young talent coming back.

The 1998 Sprewell trade fooled a generation of Knicks fans like me to think one magic bullet trade is all it takes

That was a once in a lifetime heist. The truth of the matter is most “good” trades involve selling high and getting back picks— like the KP and Morris trades

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/4/2022  10:07 PM
knicks1248 wrote:We are not tanking, and you shouldn't want to develop your youth in that kind of culture anyway, we seen enough of that to know it don't work

We don't have major cap in 22, even if we did 75% of the league( tier A and B skill level) are under contract for next season, there's very few bad contracts

we can't trade for a star with out leaving the roster lopsided

Lavine is the only top tier FA this yr, Beal, Kyrie, Harden, Westbrook, Wall all have player options.

The draft is not loaded, and we already have 7 or 8 guys on rookie contracts with at least 9or 10 players under contract for next season.

This roster doesn't have the proper balance, We need to make a trade for better fitting player/s (kemba, fournier, Obi, Mitch, knox, Noel, Mcbride) are the guys on my trading block, not that I want them traded but i could sacrifice 1 or 2 of them.

Our centers can't shoot, or stay healthy

Our young players are too inconsistent and their Roles are changing every other game...thats not good

The starting line up lacks an energy player and a perimeter BIG, and you just cant take that from the bench because that weakens them.

We have to shake up that starting line up from the outside

What do you suggest??

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
We have to make a major Trade... there's no other way

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy