[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: 11-30-2021 - Tuesday - 7:30 PM; New York Knicks @ New Jersey (I mean) Brooklyn Nets. On TNT
Author Thread
BMart
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8928

12/1/2021  7:10 AM
90 seconds into the 3rd, Brooklyn has a 8-0 run or something like that. Good time by Thibs. Out of the timeout we run iso and get a horrible shot. Aren’t we supposed to draw up a play to get a good look? Is there any coach on the bench that can draw up an offensive play
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
12/1/2021  7:18 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
houston20 wrote:I understand if durant, harden, aldrige, or millsap had ball at end and got fouled by mitch robinson called foul but it james johnson let the play go lets go to overtime.

Unfortunately, Mitch should know the verticality rule. If he does not swipe down and just goes straight up, like a big should, we go to overtime. Hopefully a good learning moment for him. And yes the refs suck!

I felt like he was tangled up with whoever he was guarding, and couldn’t square up on the drive. It looked like a good foul call to me, though close and maybe honestly refs should swallow the whistle. They gave Harden enough bs calls during the game. I thought they were trying to get out of bailing out the offensive player that isn’t in a position to make a shot.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

12/1/2021  7:36 AM
ToddTT wrote:

Great play by Mitch IMO. All ball.

Disappointing end to an entertaining game.

Not gonna kill Mitch. He got all ball on that play. The refs are going to give Harden and KD their calls no matter what

Philc1

12/1/2021  7:37 AM
losmeister wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

that **** is ****ing outrageous...

its like world class club futbol where 50/50 calls just go to the stars.. or if a team is perceived as "weaker" they just let the other teams fpould th living **** out of them

Vegas Baby, Vegas

BMart

12/1/2021  7:40 AM
Forget the refs, we need to figure out what our issue is in the first half of the 3rd. We are up at halftime and down 14 With 8 minutes to go in the third. It is consistent.
BMart

12/1/2021  7:42 AM
And Randle was all-star Randle from last year. He didn’t force anything, let the game come to him. When he plays like he did last night, we are a different team
Philc1

12/1/2021  7:50 AM
BMart wrote:And Randle was all-star Randle from last year. He didn’t force anything, let the game come to him. When he plays like he did last night, we are a different team

Randle is better when the other team doesn’t have a dominant defensive shot blocking C like Capela or Turner. If there isn’t a great rim protector there’s space for him to do his turnaround jumpers from 6 feet he likes and he can also drive to the basket

Philc1

12/1/2021  7:52 AM
BMart wrote:I don’t get the reluctance to play a small lineup. We should have closed the game with Randle, Burks, Rose, IQ and Toppin. Why is he bringing in Mitch? So we can play 4 on 5 offensively. Thibs doesn’t trust Obi but Toppin is a problem defensively for teams. You are not beating top teams in the NBA without being aggressive offensively. Mitch can’t catch the ball and nobody is stopping KD anyway.

Mitch is the best way to defend Harden and KD due to his length. You can’t guard those guys one on one and if you double them they always find the open teammate. I’ve seen Mitch block Harden before

Chandler
Member: #6197

12/1/2021  8:43 AM
fun reading about Scott Foster:

https://www.change.org/p/nba-remove-scott-foster-from-the-nba

https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2020/9/11/21432187/tim-donaghy-scott-foster-nba-kevin-durant-new-orleans-pelicans-referee-pj-tucker-lebron-james

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1lXa7Fh6-w

especially the you tube. Getting the calls right is not the real issue. If a guy is blowing calls that's easy to see. The reality is there are violations to be found on every possession. the issue is the judgment on whether to blow the whistle and how it can affect things.

(5)(5)
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/1/2021  8:46 AM
Rookie wrote:Toppin looked pissed off when he got pulled with 4 min left in the 4th. There was a definite back and forth with Thibs when he got pulled. I am liking his confidence.

He should be very pissed..

Probably said, "You keep taking me out for Noel and Mitch and I'm playing BETTER THAN THEM" WTF Coach

ES
BMart

12/1/2021  8:55 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Rookie wrote:Toppin looked pissed off when he got pulled with 4 min left in the 4th. There was a definite back and forth with Thibs when he got pulled. I am liking his confidence.

He should be very pissed..

Probably said, "You keep taking me out for Noel and Mitch and I'm playing BETTER THAN THEM" WTF Coach

I think the Knicks are better with Toppin on the floor overall. That may not be the best defensively but I think we are more balanced. How is he only getting 12 minutes. When KF shot over him Thibs yanked Obi but KD did that against Randle multiple times. Did Obi drown thibs puppy?

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
12/1/2021  9:40 AM
Went to bed angry but woke up encouraged and proud of this team. No need to further state the obvious about the zebras. They were awful and they clearly had an agenda. Not sure if it came from Adam Silver and the league office but the mandate was crystal clear to get Harden a ton of free throw attempts and give the Nets as many free throw attempts as possible.

Yet we hung in with one of the elite teams in the league with the zebras in their pockets. Very proud of Randle and how be played (24/9/8). He guarded KD as well as anyone. He made some great passes and played a flawless game in terms of mixing it up as a playmaker and being aggressive and taking good shots. The tech at the end of game cannot happen. There is no excuse. As annoying and as irritating the zebras can be, you have to keep your composure. Hopefully it' a learning lesson and that doesn't happen again. Although to call a tech at that point in the game was disgraceful! What could have Randle possibly have said that deserved a tech? I'm willing to bet he complained about a non-call and said nothing personal. And they tell him he doesn't get fouls because he's stronger? WTF?! A FOUL IS A FOUL! Should Randle start flopping like Harden?! Let me stop before I start to get angry again and ruin my morning.

Loved what I saw from Burks and the SL. The third quarter of doom is still an issue but they fought back and finished the quarter on a 16-4 run. Big time shot by Fournier to tie the game with a three with 17 secs left. An underrated note in benching Kemba is that it's going to increase IQ's minutes. He played 38 minutes last night. You can tell Thibs now fully trusts this kid at both ends. Very confident IQ is going to flourish. Obi played well too but 12 minutes is too low. Noel gave us nothing. Props to RJ for toughing it out and attempting to play despite not feeling well. Good to see Rose back. He looked refreshed and quick. Rob was solid. It should have been a non-call there at the end. Amazing how James freaking Johnson gets a call there yet if that was Randle, it would be an offensive foul or a non-foul.

Like I've said, I'm encouraged even though we loss. More encouraged then some of our wins to be real. If we play like this, we're going to win our fair share of games.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

12/1/2021  10:29 AM
Philc1 wrote:
ToddTT wrote:

Great play by Mitch IMO. All ball.

Disappointing end to an entertaining game.

Not gonna kill Mitch. He got all ball on that play. The refs are going to give Harden and KD their calls no matter what

This ^^^

Superstars gonna get their "due".

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/1/2021  10:47 AM
great game. Fournier with a bomb that hit rim and a chance to win. They are figuring things out just like us. Difference is they get to do that with Harden/Durant. I love how we played and especially how we bounced back in the 3rd.

Not gonna win em all but you fight like this every night and you will get close to that 50 win mark. They did what they are supposed to do with 2 superstar players... always have one of them impacting the game and is Harden was hitting everything KD was. We hung in pretty good

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/1/2021  11:44 AM
Randle is right to be upset. He is getting the Shaq and Barkley treatment. Because he is bigger and stronger they don't give him the calls. Fuck that **** about him not being Durant, Harden, or Curry and that is why you don't get those calls. You know what? Next time start hitting these mofos hard. Get it back to 80s 90s basketball if they are not giving us the call. Burn this mother down!

Thibs is doing what Big Chief Triangle, JVG and Padre Riles did before him, try to get fouls called for his man via the media. Go get em Thibs!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/1/2021  12:09 PM
Mitch got him on the arm. Sucks.
Both teams short. But one has to MVP/First Ballot HOF on them.
Harden don’t look fat anymore.
Star treatment. Randle(s) got some beef but he just not there yet.
Despite it all, KembaLess ball and other adjustments looked much better even last night. Close game to a good team. Much better than the **** ball we been playing of late.
We have a tough schedule the rest of the way and its a long ass season still.
knicks1248
Member: #582
12/1/2021  5:11 PM
why is it that players and coaches only complain when they lose the game. If we won that game by 1 point do you think they make a big deal about non calls.

I don't think I ever heard anyone bash the refs after a win..lol

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/1/2021  5:12 PM
knicks1248 wrote:why is it that players and coaches only complain when they lose the game. If we won that game by 1 point do you think they make a big deal about non calls.

right??? Same with going out to eat... nobody ever complains about having a good meal. It makes no sense.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/1/2021  6:34 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:why is it that players and coaches only complain when they lose the game. If we won that game by 1 point do you think they make a big deal about non calls.

right??? Same with going out to eat... nobody ever complains about having a good meal. It makes no sense.

Yea this is a good thread. Like guys saying “that chick who boned me sideways last night? I am DONE with that!”

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/1/2021  7:43 PM
Marv wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Yea this is a good thread. Like guys saying “that chick who boned me sideways last night? I am DONE with that!”

I don't get it. Randle suppose to complain when we win also? That bastard! Bench that guy

Game Thread: 11-30-2021 - Tuesday - 7:30 PM; New York Knicks @ New Jersey (I mean) Brooklyn Nets. On TNT

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy