[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

College basketball and nba draft thread 2022
Author Thread
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

6/22/2022  7:50 AM
Flipside if the Knicks like Dyson there is a legit chance he falls. Wizards are not going to draft around Beal with Beal looking to leave. Only teams I could see taking him is the Pacers or the Pelicans and they both might have better options when they pick.
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/22/2022  9:16 AM
wargames wrote:Flipside if the Knicks like Dyson there is a legit chance he falls. Wizards are not going to draft around Beal with Beal looking to leave. Only teams I could see taking him is the Pacers or the Pelicans and they both might have better options when they pick.

Don't think Dyson drops that far. But, if he does, he'd still be BPA and they'd still take him. PG is still a weak position for them with, or without Beal.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

6/22/2022  5:24 PM
Marv wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Marv wrote:lot of intriguing possibilities

also lots of opportunities for knicks to continue their propensity for ****ting where they eat

don’t break up the iq-obi connection

for once - don’t be ****ing idiots

Just curious -- were they ****ing dunces ****ting where they eat when they drafted the IQ/Obi connection you don't want broken up?

great - u want to go with the short memory bank help yourself

I’m genuinely curious as to whether you see the irony of seriously trashing the Knicks front office while simultaneously declaring IQ and Obi as untouchable - drafted and building blocked by the same FO. Not sure what that has to do with my memory but yeah mine sucks.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

6/22/2022  5:51 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Cleveland looking like a candidate to trade up.

Markenen for Randle

The Future is Bright!
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
6/22/2022  8:44 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
Marv wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

also lots of opportunities for knicks to continue their propensity for ****ting where they eat

Just curious -- were they ****ing dunces ****ting where they eat when they drafted the IQ/Obi connection you don't want broken up?

I’m genuinely curious as to whether you see the irony of seriously trashing the Knicks front office while simultaneously declaring IQ and Obi as untouchable - drafted and building blocked by the same FO. Not sure what that has to do with my memory but yeah mine sucks.

yeah that’s brilliant “irony.” how long u been following the knicks?

BingBong
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #9036

6/23/2022  9:52 AM
Well - today's the day we've all been waiting for. As a newbie, I have a question for you guys who've been on this board for years. "Does this board get bogged down from overloading during the draft?" I am on a football message board and it bogs down and sometimes even crashes because a thousand or more people are all hammering the board at the same time to put in their two cents. Will this be a problem tonight?
KnickDanger

6/23/2022  10:18 AM
Marv wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Marv wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

Since I moved to the City in 1981. But not looking to get into a pissing match or who has the “longest,” uh, whatever. You don’t seem to want to address my point so I step back and say I hope you and I are both happy tonight.

KnickDanger

6/23/2022  10:22 AM
BingBong wrote:Well - today's the day we've all been waiting for. As a newbie, I have a question for you guys who've been on this board for years. "Does this board get bogged down from overloading during the draft?" I am on a football message board and it bogs down and sometimes even crashes because a thousand or more people are all hammering the board at the same time to put in their two cents. Will this be a problem tonight?

I don’t recall that happening - hopefully the Russians don’t hack us. Enjoy tonight!

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
6/23/2022  11:15 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
BingBong wrote:Well - today's the day we've all been waiting for. As a newbie, I have a question for you guys who've been on this board for years. "Does this board get bogged down from overloading during the draft?" I am on a football message board and it bogs down and sometimes even crashes because a thousand or more people are all hammering the board at the same time to put in their two cents. Will this be a problem tonight?

I don’t recall that happening - hopefully the Russians don’t hack us. Enjoy tonight!

They've never forgiven us for trading Mozgov.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/23/2022  11:20 AM
MaTT4281 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

They've never forgiven us for trading Mozgov.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/23/2022  12:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/23/2022  12:07 PM
KnickDanger wrote:

Bogged down by redundancy and facts, but rare we get over run. This is for all to see:

Active Users: 225 (most users on site was 554 on 11/21/2008 8:55 PM)

I don't know what happened that day to get that count. That would not include people looking in, just active here.
It was Isiah's last year coaching. I'd rather not relive all that again.
If time makes the heart grow finder, just as a reminder:
During his two seasons as Knicks coach, Thomas posted a 56-108 (.341) record. He proved he was just as bad a team president as he was a coach as the Knicks sported an identical 56-108 record during the two full seasons he served in that role (2004-05 and 2005-06).

All told, the Knicks were a staggering 112-216 during Thomas’ four full seasons at the Garden, and even though they snuck into the playoffs in 2004 with a 39-43 record (and were quickly swept by the Nets), they missed the playoffs in each of Thomas’ full seasons with the Knicks. Previously, the last time the Knicks had missed the playoffs even three seasons in a row came between 1984-87.

— In 2007, a jury found Thomas had sexually harassed team executive Anucha Browne Sanders and fired her improperly after she complained about the harassment. A jury awarded Browne Sanders $11.6 million in punitive damages, although they did not find Thomas personally liable for those damages.

— In 2005, Thomas hired Larry Brown and made him the highest-paid coach in NBA history, giving him a five-year contract worth between $50 and $60 million. Brown lasted one turmoil-filled year with the Knicks, which was lowlighted by a feud with point guard Stephon Marbury. Brown’s contract was bought out, and Thomas became coach.

— Before Thomas’ first season as coach, he acquired Bulls center Eddy Curry in a trade that would come to define his tenure with the Knicks. In the trade, he gave up the Knicks’ 2006 first-round pick, which became LaMarcus Aldridge, and swapped picks with the Bulls in 2007. That year, Chicago took Joakim Noah ninth overall, while the Knicks took Wilson Chandler at No. 23.

— By making a few other blunders, Thomas proved he was an incapable judge of big men. With Andrew Bynum on the board in the 2005 draft, Thomas instead took Channing Frye. That same offseason, he signed Jerome James to a five-year, $30 million contract despite James never averaging more than 5.4 points and 4.2 rebounds per game in five previous seasons. James reported to the Knicks out of shape and played in a total of 90 games over four seasons before being traded to the Bulls in 2009.

This I took from an old Post article. https://nypost.com/2015/05/05/a-look-back-at-isiah-thomas-ignominious-history-with-knicks/

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
6/23/2022  12:58 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
Marv wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Marv wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

Since I moved to the City in 1981. But not looking to get into a pissing match or who has the “longest,” uh, whatever. You don’t seem to want to address my point so I step back and say I hope you and I are both happy tonight.

ok truce it is.

my post had simply been a lament of how many times this franchise has derailed its own opportunities to develop over the last 20 years.

KnickDanger

6/23/2022  1:14 PM
Marv wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Marv wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Marv wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

ok truce it is.

my post had simply been a lament of how many times this franchise has derailed its own opportunities to develop over the last 20 years.

That I cannot argue with!

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

6/23/2022  2:37 PM
KnickDanger wrote:

I will call truce. But only for tonight and tomorrow night.

College basketball and nba draft thread 2022

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy