College basketball and nba draft thread 2022
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/17/2022  6:29 PM

For pick 40 or so candidate
From St. John’s Julian champagnie
He’s a tall Sg(6-8 220) and has good solid nba upside as a big guard.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/17/2022  8:30 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

For pick 40 or so candidate
From St. John’s Julian champagnie
He’s a tall Sg(6-8 220) and has good solid nba upside as a big guard.

I see him more as a combo-forward, but I like him too. Solid, well-rounded player.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/18/2022  12:37 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

1/18/2022  11:48 PM
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
martin
USA
1/19/2022  2:37 PM
wargames

1/19/2022  5:14 PM
martin wrote:

I really like that top 10. I think AJ is the guy most likely to drop out of it with Hardy and Duren depending on the team drafting. Will be considered better prospect.

I still have Kessler is a first round pick. His defense is too good and while I don’t trust his three he might be able to pop up a shot from inside the paint.

MarJon Beauchamp being so high and Dyson Daniels being so low feels off but I would love if the Knicks could come away with both. They just seem like the hard working type of roleplayers Thibs would actually give minutes too.

Also good to see Christian Braun in the first round the talent is there and the physical profile.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/19/2022  6:20 PM
wargames wrote:
martin wrote:

I really like that top 10. I think AJ is the guy most likely to drop out of it with Hardy and Duren depending on the team drafting. Will be considered better prospect.

I still have Kessler is a first round pick. His defense is too good and while I don’t trust his three he might be able to pop up a shot from inside the paint.

MarJon Beauchamp being so high and Dyson Daniels being so low feels off but I would love if the Knicks could come away with both. They just seem like the hard working type of roleplayers Thibs would actually give minutes too.

Also good to see Christian Braun in the first round the talent is there and the physical profile.

Unfortunately, not slot of PG talent in the late lottery. Good PF talent to replace Obi when the team eventually trades him.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
wargames

1/19/2022  7:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/19/2022  7:16 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
wargames wrote:
martin wrote:

Unfortunately, not slot of PG talent in the late lottery. Good PF talent to replace Obi when the team eventually trades him.

We do a lot of “forecasting” but the Knicks have assets to move up. Maybe not into the very top, but Obi, pick #9 - #12 (where I think they end up) and the mavs pick should be able to get up a few spots. TyTy isn’t out their grasp. Flipside they might identify another player (Dyson, Montero, or Davidson) good to take at their pick.

A lot of the draft will sort of be tied to how well Cam Reddish plays. If he looks good, there isn’t any reason why he couldn’t take Obi’s back up PF minutes as well as minutes at the 3. They don’t have to cut Obi’s minutes either. Just wait and move him in the offseason Also that kid Semenic in the G League who is a 4/5 tweener who can shoot the three might be brought up and signed long term with the MLE.

I know the media keeps saying “the Knicks aren’t done this trade window” but there isn’t any real reason they should keep pushing. Getting Cam is plenty and there are the best kind of assets in the draft, low cost assets.

wargames

1/20/2022  2:26 AM
martin
USA
1/20/2022  2:13 PM

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

1/20/2022  10:56 PM
wargames wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
wargames wrote:
martin wrote:

We do a lot of “forecasting” but the Knicks have assets to move up. Maybe not into the very top, but Obi, pick #9 - #12 (where I think they end up) and the mavs pick should be able to get up a few spots. TyTy isn’t out their grasp. Flipside they might identify another player (Dyson, Montero, or Davidson) good to take at their pick.

A lot of the draft will sort of be tied to how well Cam Reddish plays. If he looks good, there isn’t any reason why he couldn’t take Obi’s back up PF minutes as well as minutes at the 3. They don’t have to cut Obi’s minutes either. Just wait and move him in the offseason Also that kid Semenic in the G League who is a 4/5 tweener who can shoot the three might be brought up and signed long term with the MLE.

I know the media keeps saying “the Knicks aren’t done this trade window” but there isn’t any real reason they should keep pushing. Getting Cam is plenty and there are the best kind of assets in the draft, low cost assets.

Good point, I think we are going to have to move up for Kennedy Chandler

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

1/21/2022  11:41 AM
martin wrote:

Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:

Ha...just posted about Chandler as a pg prospect on the previous page

Knicks FO needs to be laser locked on Chandler. He’s not only exactly what we need he will likely be BPA around where we pick
wargames

1/21/2022  7:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/22/2022  2:52 AM

wargames

1/22/2022  2:58 AM
wargames

1/22/2022  10:28 PM
wargames

1/23/2022  4:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/23/2022  4:27 PM

martin
USA
1/25/2022  9:40 AM
wargames

1/26/2022  2:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/26/2022  8:53 AM
My big board top 10.

Jabari Smith
Chet Holgren
Paolo Banchero
Jaden Ivey
Johnny Davis
TyTy Washington
AJ Griffin
Patrick Baldwin
Shadeon Sharpe
Kendall Murray

Which is actually a pretty strong top 10. The latter five are not a large drop off from the guys going at #3 or #4 like Ivey or Davis. They all have potential Star upside. In fact 3-10 is up in the air draft wise depending on the teams needs.

Then the next tier of prospects are

Jalen Duren
Kendall Brown
Ochai Acbaji

These are the guys who look like they have great upside as well. Acbaji is a senior but looks like he might legit be a great player in the league like Desmond Bane. Duren is a freak but hard to pin down what he’ll be in the league. Brown is a raw SF, a bit lazy, but the upside is there if he gets over his motor issues.

Then the next tier of players that have limited upside but they have high floors. They might develop into great players but it will take a while. They should be able to get consistent minutes early.

MarJon Beauchamp
Dyson Daniels
Christian Braun
Nikola Jovic
Wendell Moore
Tari Eason

After that I have the wild card picks of guys who show really tantalizing ceilings but are a bit raw like Josh Minott or in Fosters case a bit flawed due to his height but very skilled.

Josh Minott
Michael Foster

After that I think this draft gets real iffy. Basically just take a chance on anyone you like because they have red flags or haven’t shown a consistent skill. Also the fact that after 10 you are looking at likely roleplayers or just upside guys isn’t ideal. Most draft you hope for better prospects at least until the end of the lottery. Duren might slip into the top #10 but as far as that talent level goes. I expect teams to try and sell late first rounders because 2nd rounder are not guaranteed contracts in case they don’t develop

martin
USA
1/26/2022  9:41 AM
martin
USA
1/26/2022  11:31 AM
Anyone care to post the full list? Or point to a place that has?

College basketball and nba draft thread 2022

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy