[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

College basketball and nba draft thread 2022
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/7/2022  7:41 PM
NYKMentality wrote:We have a boat load of draft picks throughout the next 2 years.

With...

Mitchell Robinson (hopefully).
Julius Randle.
R.J. Barrett.
Obi Toppin.
Quentin Grimes.
Immanuel Quickley.
Deuce McBride.

All being our younger players to continue building around...

Would you trade away a boat load of our draft picks on order to trade up into the top 5 with hopes of drafting a future and potential superstar prospect?

Or just keep all of our picks with hopes of stealing a sleeper?

I would, but you didn't really see those type of moved last year. I think teams are reluctant to trade out of the top 5 for more middling picks down the line. Heck, the Knicks weren't even able to move up to late lottery to grab Duarte.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

1/7/2022  11:18 PM
NYKMentality wrote:We have a boat load of draft picks throughout the next 2 years.

With...

Mitchell Robinson (hopefully).
Julius Randle.
R.J. Barrett.
Obi Toppin.
Quentin Grimes.
Immanuel Quickley.
Deuce McBride.

All being our younger players to continue building around...

Would you trade away a boat load of our draft picks on order to trade up into the top 5 with hopes of drafting a future and potential superstar prospect?

Or just keep all of our picks with hopes of stealing a sleeper?

We don’t have a boat load of lottery picks. So I doubt we’ll be able to move up. The best case scenario is we’ll have three 1st rounders in 2023 (Knicks, Mavs, and Hornets) and a bunch of 2nd rounders to make a trade up. It’s just not likely

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
wargames

1/8/2022  1:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/8/2022  9:16 AM
I really like MarJon Beauchamp for the Knicks. Not the big wing I initially was looking at like Tari Eason or Matthew Mayer. He’s 6’6 or maybe 6’7 but he has a 7 foot wing span. I don’t think he has all star upside, but he has long term NBA player upside. Stat wise he is very similar to the stats that Trevor Ariza put up and if you look at his game they are very similar in that he works off ball very well and is a quick decision maker in regards to attacking the basket.

Biography wise he is similar to the type of guys the Knicks look for. Basically guys who come from stable homes and won’t get headlines for being in clubs all night. A guy who appreciates hard work because he had to work hard in order to even make the league. Aka Thibs guys.

A lot of his game comes down to he is a quick decision maker. He pushes the ball in transition, cuts off ball, passes to the open guy, maybe shoots the 3 pt shot if open (though he isn’t great at it). Long story short he is the type of guy who will earn minutes under Thibs and could find his niche in a roster with wings like Fournier, RJ, and Grimes. In theory if his three ball evolves he could take the spot of Fournier in a few seasons as the third/fourth option next to RJ and Randle who operates off ball. In a vacuum I would prefer a bigger wing, but the Knicks under Thibs prefers wings who project as being skilled even if undersized.

This is just getting into the weeds but beside his 3 pt shot the most worrisome thing a brief look at his stats show is his FTA% rate. It’s low at .150. However part of that is because when he scores in the paint it’s clear dunks off of off ball cutting to the rim. He’s not scared of contact and plays through it. However, he usually isn’t attacking the rim with defenders in front of him. It’s also low because since he operates off ball so much his overall usage rate of 17% means he wont have the ball in his hand to score. Like I said very Trevor Ariza’esque where his value is off the ball.

Ariza is the guy he mocks as stat wise, but that is really just a very good 2 way wing who can operate off ball. Like a Mikal Bridges type of player. I think he’ll be in the Knicks range. Lottery teams aren’t usually looking for guys who operate off ball because they need talent who can potentially become stars. I don’t think he’ll ever be a all star. I do think he’ll be there in the 15 - 20 range.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/8/2022  6:45 PM
^

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
wargames

1/8/2022  9:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/8/2022  9:03 PM
martin wrote:^

Yep, Yep off ball quick decision making is really his special talent. I don’t think he has first or second option upside but on the ignite he plays so well behind Scoot, Hardy, and Dyson being the focus of the offense. Keep in mind Scoot, Hardy, and Dyson are all three legit lottery talent and Scoot might go top 5 in a stacked 2023 draft class. So he’s not being held back, he is just mastering his role. However, a master of playing off ball is what the Knicks should be looking for in this draft in a SF.

wargames

1/10/2022  12:54 AM
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/11/2022  8:13 AM
wargames wrote:

Once the individual work-outs begin at the end of the season, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hardy move up the draft board. Dude is a flat-out bucket getter and is one of the best scorers in this draft.

wargames

1/11/2022  10:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/11/2022  10:48 PM
Uptown wrote:
wargames wrote:

Once the individual work-outs begin at the end of the season, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hardy move up the draft board. Dude is a flat-out bucket getter and is one of the best scorers in this draft.

Yeah Hardy and Ivey should be the first two guards drafted. Dyson Daniels might be sneaky good too, this team is more talented than last year’s team. Jalen Green and Kuminga have higher perceived ceilings but I think this year’s ignite team are able to contribute quicker in the league. Coach Hart has definitely taken a more college level approach to their development by giving them clear roles on the offense. Last year was more of I get mine, you get your’s offense and had a AAU team feel to it.

wargames

1/12/2022  8:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/12/2022  10:03 AM

I am a big believer that a college guard having a good floater is a great sign they will be able to attack the paint in the league. The G league is a different situation with spacing, but the same rules apply.

wargames

1/12/2022  8:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/12/2022  10:13 AM

I can’t see how this kid falls past the Thunder at #15 in the right situation he could become something special.

martin
USA
1/13/2022  9:46 AM
martin
USA
1/13/2022  9:47 AM
martin
USA
1/14/2022  8:19 AM
wargames

1/15/2022  12:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/15/2022  12:59 PM
martin wrote:

I like it. I think Nikola is a bit high. He plays a lot like Bodganovic on Utah or Bjelica on the warriors. I don’t think those guys function at their peak as starters and are really good bench pieces. He’s a forward but plays like a scrappy iso ready 2 guard. Then again you can’t teach height and that skillset at 6’10 is a major factor plus he is a lot younger than the guys he comps too so maybe I am overthinking it.

Of the list I think Christian Braun moves up. He is playing like a 1st round pick on a major team. The only real knock on him is he is a junior, but late in the first round teams tend to care less about that.

Jordan Hall could go first round too. He reminds me of Joe Ingles. Point wing, good 3 pt shot, not even a good athlete and kind of slow, but for teams with scoring back courts like Utah or the Rockets he could be really useful. His athleticism is just so bad I could understand him falling to the second because no one wants to guarantee him a contract.

martin
USA
1/15/2022  4:32 PM
Uptown

1/16/2022  4:38 PM
martin wrote:

Very crafty guard. Love the way he utilizes the mid-range game. I need to see more of him but I'm loving what I'm seeing so far...

Uptown

1/16/2022  4:40 PM
martin wrote:

Griffin is a stud. Was one of the top prospects coming in this year. He is former Seton Hall star, and current Raptors assistant coach Adrian Griffin's son. His sister, Aubrey, plays for Uconn.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/16/2022  4:51 PM
Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:

Very crafty guard. Love the way he utilizes the mid-range game. I need to see more of him but I'm loving what I'm seeing so far...

Love his size and vision. Can realistically see him in a three-guard lineup on the pro level. Chances are pretty good that he gets taken ahead of us, especially when you consider how week the lead guard position is outside the lottery.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
wargames

1/16/2022  7:45 PM
wargames

1/17/2022  2:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/17/2022  2:37 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:

Love his size and vision. Can realistically see him in a three-guard lineup on the pro level. Chances are pretty good that he gets taken ahead of us, especially when you consider how week the lead guard position is outside the lottery.

He has a good amount of SGA in his game. He keeps this up, he’ll go in the first. He’s definitely joining my list of guys I wish the Knicks draft. He’s a senior though so he’s going to have to show a lot for teams to take notice.

College basketball and nba draft thread 2022

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy