USA
12/28/2021  1:49 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
wargames wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
franco12 wrote:Right now we;re at 12. Our current pace should get us into the top 10.
This team unquestionably needs a top 10 pick.

Continue to add to the Toppin, Grimes and McBride nucleus.

Yeah because Mitch, IQ, Grimes, and McBride were all top 10 picks
Exactly and any fan who roots for ping pong balls is insane.

We had the worst record during the Zion draft but yet ended up picking 3rd.

Hey JrZyHuStLa. Who do you even want with the #1 overall pick? ;

The lottery is rigged. Last I checked, Silver wasnt keen on doing us any favors
I do think its rigged but man oh man would I love a top pick

I don't believe it's rigged.

Why would the NBA want Zion Williamson in New Orleans instead of NYC?!? Zion drafted into NYC would've made the NBA a lot more money than New Orleans from a marketing stand point.

And if the NBA were rigging the lottery? Too much to lose. One whistle blower and it would forever destroy and ruin the NBA and tarnish their sport. Forever. Too much risk involved and a risk that the NBA would never take.

Pete Rose was banned from baseball for gambling on his own team to win.

The NBA ever got caught for scamming and cheating the lottery? No way. There would be no coming back from that.

Because of the Anthony Davis situation and the possible sale or move of team. It was at the ownership level.

The NBA is a business and they absolutely will do things to protect and keep owners happy.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/28/2021  2:57 PM
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/29/2021  7:00 AM
martin wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
wargames wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
franco12 wrote:Right now we;re at 12. Our current pace should get us into the top 10.

Why would the NBA want Zion Williamson in New Orleans instead of NYC?!? Zion drafted into NYC would've made the NBA a lot more money than New Orleans from a marketing stand point.

And if the NBA were rigging the lottery? Too much to lose. One whistle blower and it would forever destroy and ruin the NBA and tarnish their sport. Forever. Too much risk involved and a risk that the NBA would never take.

The NBA ever got caught for scamming and cheating the lottery? No way. There would be no coming back from that.

Because of the Anthony Davis situation and the possible sale or move of team. It was at the ownership level.

The NBA is a business and they absolutely will do things to protect and keep owners happy.

Owners are a fraternity that want to keep franchise values up. Its the collateral for borrowing and the higher it goes the better for that and valuations. Its a business. We do as fans like to connect the dots and given that AD wanted out the question remains did the NBA go so far to rig the draft in their favor?

Did NBA rig Lebron to Cleveland? What if he went to college? What if he got hurt?
Did NBA rig Ewing to NYC then **** them most everytime they go to the lottery? Why? strong teams in NYC never bad for ratings and the league!
Kareem (Alcinder then) was bound to go to either PHX or Milwaukee. There was a coin flip to determine it. Would it have made sense for him to go out west? Milwaukee had the Brewers and Packers to compete with. Bulls were a relatively new franchise in chicago. Did they want a natural rivalry there?

Why did they let the Celtics constantly dominate?

Do we connect the random into conspiracy? Seems fishy at times but as said if the league colluded to conspire why not do it all the time and spread the love? Dolan is a long time owner and is due a bit of luck. Couldnt an ex owner or child of an owner spill the beans if it was a conspiracy???

NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

12/29/2021  9:36 AM
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
wargames wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

Owners are a fraternity that want to keep franchise values up. Its the collateral for borrowing and the higher it goes the better for that and valuations. Its a business. We do as fans like to connect the dots and given that AD wanted out the question remains did the NBA go so far to rig the draft in their favor?

Did NBA rig Lebron to Cleveland? What if he went to college? What if he got hurt?
Did NBA rig Ewing to NYC then **** them most everytime they go to the lottery? Why? strong teams in NYC never bad for ratings and the league!
Kareem (Alcinder then) was bound to go to either PHX or Milwaukee. There was a coin flip to determine it. Would it have made sense for him to go out west? Milwaukee had the Brewers and Packers to compete with. Bulls were a relatively new franchise in chicago. Did they want a natural rivalry there?

Do we connect the random into conspiracy? Seems fishy at times but as said if the league colluded to conspire why not do it all the time and spread the love? Dolan is a long time owner and is due a bit of luck. Couldnt an ex owner or child of an owner spill the beans if it was a conspiracy???

I agree. I don't think it's rigged at all.

If it were rigged? I believe NBA owners would be complaining of getting robbed, ripped off and scammed.

Fourteen ping-pong balls numbered 1 through 14 will be placed in a lottery machine. There are 1,001 possible combinations when four balls are drawn out of 14, without regard to their order of selection. Before the lottery, 1,000 of those 1,001 combinations will be assigned to the 14 participating lottery teams

It's just a random ping pong ball contest and even with the worst NBA record, you still have less than a 30% chance to land the #1 overall pick.

martin
USA
12/29/2021  10:00 AM
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

12/30/2021  11:54 AM
Jabari Smith is going to be a superstar…
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

12/30/2021  12:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/30/2021  12:13 PM
martin wrote:

I like the overall range.

I would swap Patrick Baldwin as a top 10 prospect with Keegan Murray as a late lottery prospect. Keegan Murray is definitely playing like a top 10 prospect and Baldwin looks good, but not top 10 good. Also I think JD Davison might rise come draft time during his workouts. His last game was really bad, but profile wise he looks like he could be a lottery PG. He just needs some development. I also like the fact they have Mathurin as a top 10 prospect. He has been putting in work and not getting the recognition because his perceived ceiling is low.

For the Knicks I am fully on the Tari Eason train. Mostly because I think he would fit well with the bench unit based on the way he plays. Wendell Moore is good too.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

12/30/2021  1:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/30/2021  1:39 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
wargames wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

The nba draft has been rigged twice for New Orleans. First time was the AD draft to sweeten the pot for tom Benson to buy the then New Orleans hornets who were under league control and needed an owner. Second time was to incentivize a trade of AD to the Lakers

Philc1

12/30/2021  1:43 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
wargames wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

I agree. I don't think it's rigged at all.

If it were rigged? I believe NBA owners would be complaining of getting robbed, ripped off and scammed.

Fourteen ping-pong balls numbered 1 through 14 will be placed in a lottery machine. There are 1,001 possible combinations when four balls are drawn out of 14, without regard to their order of selection. Before the lottery, 1,000 of those 1,001 combinations will be assigned to the 14 participating lottery teams

It's just a random ping pong ball contest and even with the worst NBA record, you still have less than a 30% chance to land the #1 overall pick.

Why would the owners complain when they all have taxpayer subsidized arenas and then get to pretend owning sports franchises lose them money yet franchise values have more than tripled since the 90’s

Not to mention the league has dirt on a lot of the owners. You don’t think a clown like Jim Dolan doesn’t have skeletons in his closet?

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/3/2022  8:58 AM

Orlando Robinson Fresno State 7-0 250

This is what I think we should be looking at BIGGER players. Start with the basics --a center who can PLAY both ends. Not just run jump but PLAY

RIP Crushalot😞
Philc1

1/4/2022  3:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/4/2022  3:21 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Orlando Robinson Fresno State 7-0 250

This is what I think we should be looking at BIGGER players. Start with the basics --a center who can PLAY both ends. Not just run jump but PLAY

I’d be open to drafting a Center even if we do the smart thing and extend Mitch. Especially if it’s a C who can hit from perimeter

Taj is likely retiring. Noel can be traded for a pick.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/5/2022  7:41 AM
We are far from set at center even with Mitch. His play is improving but he has choices to make. can’t fault him for making a market and trying to get paid. The league succeeds with Rudy gorbert type AND Jokic types. Allen in Clev, capella, etc, these are good centers with specific skill sets. Ayton is a nice mix of both.
I’d like to draft an offensive center and develop him. Fans will hate this but its the logical path.

Orlando Robinson? video highlights look nice vs. cal. Way too little info but he looks like lamarcus Aldridge which is a good thing. That inside game won’t work in the NBA but its nice to see the outside shot. Scouts will pick his game apart and project better than us. Centers need to get the ball but kick it out also. That swarm of fast strong speed in the NBA is like nothing he’ll see in the NCAA or GLeague. Those are two unranked teams.

martin
USA
1/5/2022  9:33 AM
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/5/2022  1:03 PM
martin wrote:

Johnny Davis is rising up the draft charts with a bullet!

martin
USA
1/5/2022  2:46 PM
Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:

Johnny Davis is rising up the draft charts with a bullet!

BRIGGS
1/7/2022  1:14 PM
As of today my picks

14 SF Keegan Murray 6-8 230
18 F/C Trayce Jackson Davis 6.9.5 245
44 C Orlando Robinson 7-1 245

After watching Toronto I feel we can use some bigger players who can make plays. We just brought in 3 guards and we have one in the que. We need a Sf and a couple of upgrades in the frontocurt for the longer term.

RIP Crushalot😞
martin
USA
1/7/2022  1:49 PM
BRIGGS wrote:As of today my picks

After watching Toronto I feel we can use some bigger players who can make plays. We just brought in 3 guards and we have one in the que. We need a Sf and a couple of upgrades in the frontocurt for the longer term.

Nice

BRIGGS
1/7/2022  2:36 PM
martin wrote:

Nice

martin--hes dale davis's son. Look at how strong his body is. He reminds me of Antonio Mcdyess

RIP Crushalot😞
martin
USA
1/7/2022  2:43 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:

Nice

martin--hes dale davis's son. Look at how strong his body is. He reminds me of Antonio Mcdyess

My first reaction was how fundamental he was. Now that you add in his Dad's name, I'm not shocked.

Good catch

NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

1/7/2022  7:05 PM
We have a boat load of draft picks throughout the next 2 years.

With...

Mitchell Robinson (hopefully).
Julius Randle.
R.J. Barrett.
Obi Toppin.
Quentin Grimes.
Immanuel Quickley.
Deuce McBride.

All being our younger players to continue building around...

Would you trade away a boat load of our draft picks on order to trade up into the top 5 with hopes of drafting a future and potential superstar prospect?

Or just keep all of our picks with hopes of stealing a sleeper?

College basketball and nba draft thread 2022

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy