[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Why aren’t we using the G League
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/18/2021  11:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/18/2021  11:47 AM
martin wrote:

Sorry to say but Luke looks like a much better fit than mitch, maybe the G league defense has something to do with it, but you can't deny is ability to space the floor, and put the ball the floor and drive.

We currently have major spacing issue, so I'm sure he will get a call up at some point base on the injury prone centers we currently have.

ES
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/18/2021  1:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/18/2021  1:39 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

Sorry to say but Luke looks like a much better fit than mitch, maybe the G league defense has something to do with it, but you can't deny is ability to space the floor, and put the ball the floor and drive.

We currently have major spacing issue, so I'm sure he will get a call up at some point base on the injury prone centers we currently have.

He is not a Center. The gap between Gleague and NBA is MASSIVE.
Kind of like the gap of objectivity when you got your hate Mitch vs reality.
Luca is not a center. How you an ascertain his fit is arrogantly ignorant.
Does that even remotely look like NBA interior defense the is waltzing into?
Stick even Knox down there and he’d light it up.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/18/2021  1:38 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

Luca is not a center. HE not even a PF. He is SF.

Pop had him a few years and still wasn't able to figure out what he was. The thing is, his major weaknesses aren't things that can seen on a highlight clip. How did he play on defense? Did he run and give full effort on the fastbreak? Did he stay engaged when he didn't have the ball?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/18/2021  2:12 PM
McBride dominated last night. 29pts 9assists and helped them snap a 4 game losing streak
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/18/2021  3:13 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

Pop had him a few years and still wasn't able to figure out what he was. The thing is, his major weaknesses aren't things that can seen on a highlight clip. How did he play on defense? Did he run and give full effort on the fastbreak? Did he stay engaged when he didn't have the ball?

Wasn't his problem was that he had a low motor. Dude is not aggressive at all.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

11/18/2021  3:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/18/2021  3:27 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

Not much on him, but this isn’t a great look. According to this, the kid has skills and plays defense. Sounds to me like he is just immature.

‘Samanic has great physical tools and enough talent to make it in the NBA. He’s 6’10, can run the floor well, has a shooting form that suggests he could be a viable three-point shooter, can attack closeouts, and defend on switches. At some points, both in the G-League and in the scarce opportunities he got to play with the big team, he’s showed flashes of immense potential. But he’s also never really been able to play more than a few minutes at a time with full energy and has displayed some of the worst body language I’ve seen from a player fighting for a rotation spot.‘

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

11/18/2021  4:06 PM
Luka Samanic and the Spurs were never quite right for each other (Article from SB Nation)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.poundingtherock.com/platform/amp/2021/10/11/22721523/luka-samanic-and-the-spurs-were-never-quite-right-for-each-other

knicks1248
Member: #582
11/18/2021  4:18 PM
Rookie wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

Not much on him, but this isn’t a great look. According to this, the kid has skills and plays defense. Sounds to me like he is just immature.

‘Samanic has great physical tools and enough talent to make it in the NBA. He’s 6’10, can run the floor well, has a shooting form that suggests he could be a viable three-point shooter, can attack closeouts, and defend on switches. At some points, both in the G-League and in the scarce opportunities he got to play with the big team, he’s showed flashes of immense potential. But he’s also never really been able to play more than a few minutes at a time with full energy and has displayed some of the worst body language I’ve seen from a player fighting for a rotation spot.‘

Most players in the NBA have flaws, thats why there's roughly only 30 All stars (although 24 are selected each yr) out of 440+ players.

The most inmportant thing is fit, and if the player compliments the guys he's playing with.

Lamarcus Aldridge didn't fit with the spurs, did that make him a G league player.

Im not saying Mitch is a bad player, I'm saying he doesn't fit with the starting unit

Thibs Loves is Rim protectors but now a days teams are avg 40 3 point attepmts per game

ES
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

11/18/2021  9:49 PM
Clean wrote:

I like his explosiveness on both ends

Why aren’t we using the G League

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy