In the future I want to find a player
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/14/2021  10:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2021  10:14 PM
Who can score in the low block.
The game always changes always has.
I noticed the nba this year you’ve been able to play through more contact and I’m glad the game was getting to soft.
But there is a lack of low block skill players and I think the game may turn back the clock some and we should be ahead of the curve.
1-2 low block players. Not just guys who catch And dunk. Guys that can really play ball.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
11/14/2021  11:38 PM
Obi has better post game than anyone on the team.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/14/2021  11:43 PM
In the future I want to find a player who can break down defenses off the dribble, who can play down hill, attack the basket, and help orchestrate his team. And be under 28 years of age when we get him!
ramtour420
Russian Federation
11/15/2021  2:00 AM
franco12 wrote:In the future I want to find a player who can break down defenses off the dribble, who can play down hill, attack the basket, and help orchestrate his team. And be under 28 years of age when we get him!

Obi checks all those boxes, except orchestrating. He can pass every now and then

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/15/2021  6:49 AM
ramtour420 wrote:
franco12 wrote:In the future I want to find a player who can break down defenses off the dribble, who can play down hill, attack the basket, and help orchestrate his team. And be under 28 years of age when we get him!

Obi checks all those boxes, except orchestrating. He can pass every now and then

And RJ has shown signs of being able to finish at the basket when attacking off the dribble.

Just how much different would this team look if we had been able to draft Ja Morant?

Or Cole Anthony?

LinToFields
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8993

11/15/2021  7:51 AM
ramtour420 wrote:

If Obi was the focal point of the offense I have no doubt he would give them 4-5 assists per game. Especially if he's playing with Robinson.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

11/15/2021  9:21 AM
franco12 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:

And RJ has shown signs of being able to finish at the basket when attacking off the dribble.

Just how much different would this team look if we had been able to draft Ja Morant?

Or Cole Anthony?

Ja was the gem of that draft but I’m very pleased so far with RJ

Philc1

11/15/2021  9:24 AM
LinToFields wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:

If Obi was the focal point of the offense I have no doubt he would give them 4-5 assists per game. Especially if he's playing with Robinson.

The offense flows very differently when Obi is on the floor as opposed to Randle.

blkexec
Member: #748
11/15/2021  11:05 AM

But we just let Elf Payton go. You want him back?

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
11/15/2021  11:06 AM
Philc1 wrote:
LinToFields wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:

The offense flows very differently when Obi is on the floor as opposed to Randle.

Obi moves without the ball....Obi is a ball mover when he gets the ball. Comparing Randle and Obi is like comparing Oranges and Apples.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

11/15/2021  11:11 AM
franco12 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:

Or Cole Anthony?

Yeah it looks like he added a hesitation dribble move. Bulldozer Barret usually gets blocked or misses a lot

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/15/2021  11:32 AM
Rookie wrote:
franco12 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:

Or Cole Anthony?

Yeah it looks like he added a hesitation dribble move. Bulldozer Barret usually gets blocked or misses a lot

RJ is one of the least crafty, high draft pick players I have seen in a while for his potential. Right hand finishing not good. Ugh

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
blkexec
11/15/2021  11:37 AM
martin wrote:
Rookie wrote:
franco12 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:

Or Cole Anthony?

RJ is one of the least crafty, high draft pick players I have seen in a while for his potential. Right hand finishing not good. Ugh

RJ is definitely a work in progress type player. Learning on the job. But his confidence is out of the roof, and he's unflappable. Meaning, even if he has a bad game, he comes out the next day looking like an efficient all star. His highs and low swings are huge. Hopefully that's something he can fix this season.

knicks1248
Member: #582
11/15/2021  12:14 PM
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:
Rookie wrote:
franco12 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:

Or Cole Anthony?

RJ is definitely a work in progress type player. Learning on the job. But his confidence is out of the roof, and he's unflappable. Meaning, even if he has a bad game, he comes out the next day looking like an efficient all star. His highs and low swings are huge. Hopefully that's something he can fix this season.

I don't know about a work in progress, he maybe at his ceiling or close to it.

Sometimes it's not the players skills that need to level up, it maybe the system and the surrounding players that become the bigger issue.

I think Rj and Fournier are more suited for a high pace offense while Mitch, Randle and Kemba seem suited for half court

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/15/2021  12:34 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:
Rookie wrote:
franco12 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:

Or Cole Anthony?

Sometimes it's not the players skills that need to level up, it maybe the system and the surrounding players that become the bigger issue.

I think Rj and Fournier are more suited for a high pace offense while Mitch, Randle and Kemba seem suited for half court

When you are talking about a particular player and his ability to finish at the rim, I don't know how system or other players on the court really matter. I mean, we get the clogging of the lane and all but that's not the issue.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/15/2021  1:26 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:
Rookie wrote:
franco12 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:

Or Cole Anthony?

When you are talking about a particular player and his ability to finish at the rim, I don't know how system or other players on the court really matter. I mean, we get the clogging of the lane and all but that's not the issue.

Well we seen him finish around the rim on fast breaks, we have seen him finish with his left in traffic.

And To be honest, RJ is inconsistent in every aspect of the game

ES
ramtour420
Russian Federation
11/15/2021  10:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2021  12:52 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:
Rookie wrote:
franco12 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:

Or Cole Anthony?

Well we seen him finish around the rim on fast breaks, we have seen him finish with his left in traffic.

And To be honest, RJ is inconsistent in every aspect of the game

This is year three for RJ. So pretty much his ceiling is the highlights of this year. But consistent. That's borderline All-Star
Philc1

11/15/2021  11:02 PM
Can we play some more games before declaring RJ a bust because he had a shooting slump?
xavier
Member: #8938
Croatia
11/16/2021  6:59 AM
I want us to find a new Jordan in the future. I think that would help us a lot
In the future I want to find a player

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy