[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Where are last year's Knicks?
Author Thread
Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

11/14/2021  1:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2021  1:41 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
blkexec wrote:Last year Randle was the only alpha dog on the team. This year, we added 2 players to the starting lineup, who was alpha dogs for their previous teams. EF was also paid like an alpha dog and Kemba is back home ready to play like his old self. On top of that, RJ is growing in an alpha role type player and said he wants to guard the top players. So that leaves Randle in an ark ward position. And right now he’s not handling the change very well. I’m sure he’s putting all this pressure on his shoulders to lead this team and Randle is still learning how to be the #1 option. So this starting unit is new vs last year. The only consistent theme from last year is the 2nd unit. And take a guess which unit has the highest efficiency rating and which has the lowest.

Yup, this is part of the chemistry issue the starting 5 has, no one really knows their role

Randle......I'm an All star
Fournier....I'm the Big FA signing
RJ..........Im the future
kemba.......I'm not trying step on no Toes
Mitch.......why are they even starting me

Randle .. dribble-dribble! No more bullock & Payton covering & meshing for him on offense/defense
Fournier .. a 20 min uptempo scorer, weak in halfcourt offense/defense
RJ Barrett .... A raw inconsistent offense/defense rarely passes ball
Kemba .... dribble-dribble-dribble! No-creativeness, rarely passes ball
MitchRob .... working with Four ISO selfish starters that don't mesh on offense/defense

AUTOADVERT
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

11/14/2021  10:30 AM
I’m worried we don’t see last year’s Randle again. Trade him at the deadline
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/14/2021  2:16 PM
Philc1 wrote:I’m worried we don’t see last year’s Randle again. Trade him at the deadline

And with is contract they’ll just be lining up for him?
Is it just something about that makes for his stock to go up or down, or some way we are using him differeent or with different players that we are not getting?

Trading him does what BTW? What is coming back? We dumping him? Like, how do yo write that and not have an path or thought path?

Philc1

11/15/2021  9:15 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2021  9:20 AM
Nalod wrote:
Philc1 wrote:I’m worried we don’t see last year’s Randle again. Trade him at the deadline

Is it just something about that makes for his stock to go up or down, or some way we are using him differeent or with different players that we are not getting?

Trading him does what BTW? What is coming back? We dumping him? Like, how do yo write that and not have an path or thought path?

Randle’s contract is not that bad. After this season there’s only 3 years $100 million left. Compare that to Kristaps Porzingis who has similar years and money left, can’t ever stay healthy and is a locker room cancer

Even if all we get back is draft picks we have shown the last couple seasons building through the draft is the smart and effective thing to do. Besides RJ, we have drafted guys in the late first round/second round who have immediately been contributors like Mitch and IQ.

Obi would immediately start at PF and become a 17-10 guy with full time minutes plus our offense would be more full court press instead of half court Randle ISO

Nalod
USA
11/15/2021  3:47 PM
Philc1 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Randle’s contract is not that bad. After this season there’s only 3 years $100 million left. Compare that to Kristaps Porzingis who has similar years and money left, can’t ever stay healthy and is a locker room cancer

Even if all we get back is draft picks we have shown the last couple seasons building through the draft is the smart and effective thing to do. Besides RJ, we have drafted guys in the late first round/second round who have immediately been contributors like Mitch and IQ.

Obi would immediately start at PF and become a 17-10 guy with full time minutes plus our offense would be more full court press instead of half court Randle ISO

Its 106mm over 4 years AFTER this year. No, its not bad. We not talking about KP.
Teams rarely if ever take a player without returning salary. As for "just picks "lad-day-dah " you make it sound so easy with your wine sentance simple simon answers. Its far more complicated.
You don't see it. Its actually not a bad thing really. Keeps the mind less cluttered.

Philc1

11/15/2021  8:39 PM
Nalod wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Its 106mm over 4 years AFTER this year. No, its not bad. We not talking about KP.
Teams rarely if ever take a player without returning salary. As for "just picks "lad-day-dah " you make it sound so easy with your wine sentance simple simon answers. Its far more complicated.
You don't see it. Its actually not a bad thing really. Keeps the mind less cluttered.

I said trade him for picks because that’s usually what happens in the real world and not fantasy basketball

Philc1

11/15/2021  11:03 PM
SergioNYK wrote:Last years team was 5-8 through the first 13 games and was on a 5 game losing streak.

We also started out 0-3 and the media was laughing at Thibs for coming here

Philc1

11/15/2021  11:05 PM
franco12 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:You guys keep talking about the absence of Bullock and Payton..

Randle and Mitch is a horrible mix on both sides of the ball, it didn't work under Fizdale, and it wasn't working the beginning of last season, they don't compliment each other at all, they are too fckn slow and the spacing is retarded.

When teams start running and picking up the pace swinging the ball on the perimeter, you can bet your last dollar that Randle or mitch will be late as hell on a rotation leaving guys wide open for 3's time after time

Fournier and RJ doesn't work either, I see better chemistry with Fournier and Randle than I do with Randle and RJ. In fact Fournier and Rj barely communicate on the court.

The starting 5 is way too slow, they looked forced, confused, and don't compliment each other.

Bullock had a super quick release on his shot and always rotated to the open spot beyond the arc.

Fournier doesn't have the quick release and it's easier to close out on him and force him to put the ball on the floor, he maybe more savvy on offense, but he lacks the speed bullocks had on both ends.

I think the issue with Mitch is he is hurt and not in shape. I would not be surprised if he had some undiagnosed metabolic issue or some other medical issue. I think it's also fair to question how competitive he is overall. The Mitch from the last two years was blocking 3pt attempts - he had no problem closing out. He simply isn't right.

I saw that tonight before he got injured, Mitch wasn’t going out in the perimeter to contest 3’s. Frazier even pointed it out. I think he’s been hurt the entire season so far

xavier
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8938
Croatia
11/16/2021  6:43 AM
I will go back to what I wrote before the start of the season. A lot of you here have been very optimistic about the number of wins and the position. But I said I don't see too many arguments for something like that.

What this team is compared to last year, is much deeper. But we should not run away from the fact that Kemba and Fournier are not exactly the reinforcements we had hoped for. They’re actually pretty far from it. Kemba is a player Celtics got rid of so that Oklahoma could buy him out. Ok, of course he is much more acceptable for the amount we have him for than for how much Celtics paid him. But that doesn’t make him a better player than when he was in Boston where he was redundant. He’s a solid backup at the moment and that’s the maximum.

Fournier was brought in to be the 2nd option in attack. But Fournier is a realistic role player who can’t be something like that in a serious team. It’s also not good that he’s not exactly the most compatible with RJ. Of course he’s a slightly better player overall than Bullock was, but it’s hard to shake off the impression that Bullock was more suited between RJ and Randle.

What’s good is that right now this team’s biggest problem is defense. By “good” I mean it’s something Thibs can sort out. What’s a bigger problem is the fact that more teams in the East have stepped up more than us and as I wrote, we are realistically a team to lose in the first round of the playoffs.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/16/2021  8:29 AM
Philc1 wrote:
franco12 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:You guys keep talking about the absence of Bullock and Payton..

Randle and Mitch is a horrible mix on both sides of the ball, it didn't work under Fizdale, and it wasn't working the beginning of last season, they don't compliment each other at all, they are too fckn slow and the spacing is retarded.

When teams start running and picking up the pace swinging the ball on the perimeter, you can bet your last dollar that Randle or mitch will be late as hell on a rotation leaving guys wide open for 3's time after time

Fournier and RJ doesn't work either, I see better chemistry with Fournier and Randle than I do with Randle and RJ. In fact Fournier and Rj barely communicate on the court.

The starting 5 is way too slow, they looked forced, confused, and don't compliment each other.

Bullock had a super quick release on his shot and always rotated to the open spot beyond the arc.

Fournier doesn't have the quick release and it's easier to close out on him and force him to put the ball on the floor, he maybe more savvy on offense, but he lacks the speed bullocks had on both ends.

I think the issue with Mitch is he is hurt and not in shape. I would not be surprised if he had some undiagnosed metabolic issue or some other medical issue. I think it's also fair to question how competitive he is overall. The Mitch from the last two years was blocking 3pt attempts - he had no problem closing out. He simply isn't right.

I saw that tonight before he got injured, Mitch wasn’t going out in the perimeter to contest 3’s. Frazier even pointed it out. I think he’s been hurt the entire season so far

You guys are now noticing this, but it's been going on for the last 2 yrs. Hoopshype had him as the 4th slowest player in the NBA. When he did play with reckless abandon, he would foul out of games or get banged up.

Noel is also just a walking injury, even when nothing appears wrong with him his name comes up on the injury list DAY to DAY.

These 2 guys almost mirror each other in every way.

ES
Nalod
USA
11/16/2021  8:33 AM
Philc1 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I said trade him for picks because that’s usually what happens in the real world and not fantasy basketball

What about details like taking back salary and roster spots. Picks make it easy but if you have 14 contracts and you take back more than one does the team have the spots open?

What does it say about a culture that you pledge to build around and he takes a friendly deal and then just a few weeks later the tone is “trade him”. Fans don’t matter, but if your playing pretend GM it would. So the notion of “fantasy” is a bit lost on you.
Nuance matters in consideration of roster construction. One line responses don’t add depth.

Philc1

11/16/2021  8:15 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
franco12 wrote:

You guys are now noticing this, but it's been going on for the last 2 yrs. Hoopshype had him as the 4th slowest player in the NBA. When he did play with reckless abandon, he would foul out of games or get banged up.

Noel is also just a walking injury, even when nothing appears wrong with him his name comes up on the injury list DAY to DAY.

These 2 guys almost mirror each other in every way.

If we trade Mitch for picks at the deadline I’m interested in signing Willie Cauley Stein. A defensive center who can also guard the perimeter

Philc1

11/16/2021  8:17 PM
Nalod wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

What about details like taking back salary and roster spots. Picks make it easy but if you have 14 contracts and you take back more than one does the team have the spots open?

What does it say about a culture that you pledge to build around and he takes a friendly deal and then just a few weeks later the tone is “trade him”. Fans don’t matter, but if your playing pretend GM it would. So the notion of “fantasy” is a bit lost on you.
Nuance matters in consideration of roster construction. One line responses don’t add depth.

Getting rid of Randle’s contract would be the exact opposite of what we’ve done wrong the past 20 years. We’d be creating cap room, getting back assets like draft picks and Obi gets to blossom as a full time player

Where are last year's Knicks?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy