[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Milwaukee Part II, 730
Author Thread
SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
11/11/2021  9:59 AM
I'll keep posting it until it changes - these home losses where we are allowing teams to outwork us and outhustle us needs to stop! I can take losses if they happen because the other team is simply better. And I'm not saying we are better than the defending Champs, even though they were missing some guys. They still have the best player in the league and the best defensive guard in the league and were looking for revenge. We knew they would be ready. Yet for some reason, we couldn't match their energy or effort. Getting outrebounded by 12 and allowing 26/50 threes is simply unacceptable!

This falls on the HC and the vet leaders. Thibs needs to somehow get these guys ready to play from the start of the game and the 3rd quarter. We're too lackadaisical out there. First play of the game RJ throws a lazy pass that results in a turnover. First few minutes we did not close out good enough and allowed Allen, Portis and Ojeleye wide open threes. That set the tone. We left Connaughton on an island by himself wide open all game too! Like how much more do we need to get killed from three before we make an adjustment? Why are we continuing to leave these shooters to help? Especially when Giannis is having a subpar game! Why are we helping?! So I did not like the gameplan last night at all.

And the vets need to get it together. We did not sign Kemba and Fournier to shoot 2/13, 0/6 from three and 4 points. If these guys are not going to defend, they need to score. Simple as that. And Randle needs to do a more consistent job of playmaking. He's been too 'Melo' in some games trying to do everything himself (1 assist last night). His effort and motor on defense also needs to be more consistent. He's taking plays off which he did not do much last season.

Kudos to the bench. It's our biggest strength. Defense was supposed to be the other but we are not defending like we did last season. It cannot be that adding Kemba and Fournier dropped us from the best defense in the league to the bottom of the league. It doesn't work that way. Defense is mostly a team effort. This team this season is just not defending as hard as they did for whatever reason. We are not closing out and defending the three and we are not attacking the glass. We have a great HC in Thibs who I'm confident will try his best to fix this but the players need to step up. Especially Randle (it starts with him).

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/11/2021  11:39 AM
SergioNYK wrote:I'll keep posting it until it changes - these home losses where we are allowing teams to outwork us and outhustle us needs to stop! I can take losses if they happen because the other team is simply better. And I'm not saying we are better than the defending Champs, even though they were missing some guys. They still have the best player in the league and the best defensive guard in the league and were looking for revenge. We knew they would be ready. Yet for some reason, we couldn't match their energy or effort. Getting outrebounded by 12 and allowing 26/50 threes is simply unacceptable!

This falls on the HC and the vet leaders. Thibs needs to somehow get these guys ready to play from the start of the game and the 3rd quarter. We're too lackadaisical out there. First play of the game RJ throws a lazy pass that results in a turnover. First few minutes we did not close out good enough and allowed Allen, Portis and Ojeleye wide open threes. That set the tone. We left Connaughton on an island by himself wide open all game too! Like how much more do we need to get killed from three before we make an adjustment? Why are we continuing to leave these shooters to help? Especially when Giannis is having a subpar game! Why are we helping?! So I did not like the gameplan last night at all.

And the vets need to get it together. We did not sign Kemba and Fournier to shoot 2/13, 0/6 from three and 4 points. If these guys are not going to defend, they need to score. Simple as that. And Randle needs to do a more consistent job of playmaking. He's been too 'Melo' in some games trying to do everything himself (1 assist last night). His effort and motor on defense also needs to be more consistent. He's taking plays off which he did not do much last season.

Kudos to the bench. It's our biggest strength. Defense was supposed to be the other but we are not defending like we did last season. It cannot be that adding Kemba and Fournier dropped us from the best defense in the league to the bottom of the league. It doesn't work that way. Defense is mostly a team effort. This team this season is just not defending as hard as they did for whatever reason. We are not closing out and defending the three and we are not attacking the glass. We have a great HC in Thibs who I'm confident will try his best to fix this but the players need to step up. Especially Randle (it starts with him).

felt like Thibs message and response was pretty clear. Bench played really well and got the minutes.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/11/2021  11:51 AM
Clean wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Knicks got tired
Outcoached

The knicks did not get outcoached. That’s frustration talking and a bit absurd.

They held giannis in check. They made a 24 point come back against a team that hit something like 25 threes

In a way Thibs did get out coached. It has become obvious the Thibs defensive game plan is stop drives at all cost. Well that clearly does not work in today's NBA when everyone can hit open 3's. That will work wonders on stopping Giannis and it did. The problem comes if Giannis or whoever drives to the hoop gets the pass off because once that happens their shooters will be wide open. Open 3's has been a consistent every game with us. Even when Kemba and EF are not playing so we can't blame all of it on them. It is what blew the game back open in the clutch time last game and both EF and Kemba were glued to the bench.

In the 4th I watch and on one drive after a PNR both PNR defenders gravitate to the ball handler. The weakside defender cheats so far into the paint that he goes an uncoverable distance from the corner 3pt shooter. Ever notice why we always get killed by corner 3's? You have your answer. So now your weakside corner 3 is wide open and the 3pt shooter who is only 1 pass away is wide open since both PNR defenders doubled on the drive. Want to hear the kicker? The strong side 3spt shooter who is a hockey assist away is also open because the strong side corner defender also cheated a distance he can not recover if the pass is successfully made.

i agree with a bunch of this but not the conclusion. Opponents are getting too much dribble penetration forcing some form of collapse and we can't recover quick enough for the kick out. But is that coaching, or poor play. People are talking about Kemba's shot disappearing but he and EF to a large degree are liabilities on defense.

(5)(5)
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/11/2021  11:54 AM
Uptown wrote:
Chandler wrote:Some perspective

Bucks are a good team and had to shoot lights out to win

Knicks have great depth and coaching

Biggest issue at the moment IMO is starting unit is not stopping dribble penetration. At the moment KW and EF are not hitting shots so the subpar defense is all the more of an issue

Connaughton, Brown, Rubio, OG, Trent....Shooting the lights out is becoming a trend against us.

the interesting thing on this list is that none of these guys are the primary offense -- Brown is the closest but still 1B to Tatum's 1A

so we're doing a good job of taking away the primary threat (very Belicheck-ean) but getting burned by these other guys. AND to be fair those guys still have to hit those shots. COnnaughton and Rubio probably had their career best against us.

(5)(5)
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/11/2021  4:28 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
Clean wrote:The new Knicks curse is trash starting lineups. It was the same thing last year.

Kemba is washed. Knicks can't over use Rose because if he gets hurt they will likely miss the playoffs
so the offseason acquisition that had you farting roses about Leon's work is now doodoo? Was it still a good offseason or you back to everything is garbage? Asking for a friend
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/11/2021  6:27 PM
does NYmentality only come out as pregame hype man then retreat into darkness until he starts a new cycle of meds??
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/12/2021  12:52 PM
I was wondering when the advanced sabermetrics were going to come out comparing this season to 1969-70?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/14/2021  10:15 AM
Nalod wrote:does NYmentality only come out as pregame hype man then retreat into darkness until he starts a new cycle of meds??

Better question is if he and BRIGGS take the same meds

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GameThread: Milwaukee Part II, 730

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy