[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Knicks host Raptors, 11/1 730pm
Author Thread
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
11/1/2021  10:39 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I wonder what our team would be if we integrated Grimes added on Toppins minutes playing the 5 position and even finding min for knox. An injection of the athletic youth-length we have

Knox??? really? Instead of who? Knee jerk rxn

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
11/1/2021  11:06 PM
Get these loses out early. Let them learn from mistakes early in the season vs late. RJ is my guy. His future is bright.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/1/2021  11:14 PM
Last couple of games 2019 Randle showed up....His body language was off tonight. Not a good look
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
11/1/2021  11:39 PM
Panos wrote:
djsunyc wrote:in all seriousness - i won't talk about the raptors awesomeness.

but the knicks - randle looked fugazy. once the screws tightened up, he was ghost. i likened him to a derozan type of guy - regular season, awful playoffs...but even derozan would still empty the clip.

rj was the only reason this wasn't a 25 point blowout.

y'all should still enjoy the regular season. you'll win a good # of games but this team is not post season built.

Did y'all hear something?

Blah blah, RJ pls have my baby, blah blah
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

11/1/2021  11:54 PM
Uptown wrote:Last couple of games 2019 Randle showed up....His body language was off tonight. Not a good look

I’m starting to wonder when players who signed new contracts can be traded because Randle’s head sure isn’t in the game. Could the Knicks be exploring trade options?

BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
11/2/2021  6:43 AM
Rookie wrote:
Uptown wrote:Last couple of games 2019 Randle showed up....His body language was off tonight. Not a good look

I’m starting to wonder when players who signed new contracts can be traded because Randle’s head sure isn’t in the game. Could the Knicks be exploring trade options?

Trade Randle? Is this a joke?

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Rookie

11/2/2021  7:25 AM
BigRedDog wrote:
Rookie wrote:

Trade Randle? Is this a joke?

Yeah, I should probably pull that one back but Randle’s lack of effort on D is hard to explain. Maybe he just got used to having the ball in his hands and point forwarding and that’s happening less with the addition of Walker and Fournier and the deletion of Payton. Maybe teams are keyed in on shutting him down and he’s frustrated. New contract and not hungry? I’m just not used to seeing the lack of effort and focus from him, and I watch every game.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/2/2021  10:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2021  10:14 AM
Yall panicking already? Lose a game and start making changes? 2nd guessing after a loss is so easy. Assume we lose so why not “experiment”? You lose your team if you panic like that.
The best coaches have their teams well prepared and if they can’t execute sometimes thats just it. Few can coach their way. He took Fornier and put in IQ with kemba. Iq with rose was not working. Burks 2nd half was not great.
You think we are limted to 22 loses and a 60 win team? If so, yeah, I get thats its panic time. East is wide open at the moment and we can’t run away with it.

Mitch had some good moments last night. Nice sequence he made a great block then got the next basket. He can’t play long minutes. Taj hurt his ankle and Simms is playing like a 2nd rounder. This is not preseason, his physical advantage was lost in that swarm of Toronto length.

I would love to see Knox, grimes and deuce all come in and kill it. Then what? Abandon all that has worked up until now? What if they don’t? Nothing lost right? What about the next game? Or two after that? Every time team s behind coach goes off panicking to see what can work?

Every team despite its record has areas it can improve on.
Nobody is getting traded as its rare and not until the first of the year. So I doubt randle is worried about that.

MS
Member: #724
11/2/2021  11:25 AM
I think the panic is coming from the defensive breakdowns and the lack of effort.

We had all these games and then we dropped the intensity. We should never have been in overtime against Boston, somehow nearly blew the Chicago game and let the Pelicans back in it and surrendered huge leads to Orlando and Toronto.

Randle hasn’t looked great despite his strong numbers. He’s playing selfish out there and holding the ball way too long. Also, didn’t like the carelessness with the ball last night from Fournier.

No reason to panic as Noel should really help anchor that second unit defensively, but there are certainly some red flags.

Julius in the presser being one of them. Expectations are raised, can’t give away easy wins to Orlando and Toronto at hone. The east is really good and these are the difference between a 4 seed and a play in game.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

11/2/2021  1:21 PM
The 81 - 1 crew is feeling like tearing it down today. What else is new? This is the NBA -- other than the elite anyone can win or lose. We are a good not elite team. We are not going into the gutter nor are we ready to breathe rarefied air. Looking forward and much better than not long ago!
Rookie

11/2/2021  1:56 PM
KnickDanger wrote:The 81 - 1 crew is feeling like tearing it down today. What else is new? This is the NBA -- other than the elite anyone can win or lose. We are a good not elite team. We are not going into the gutter nor are we ready to breathe rarefied air. Looking forward and much better than not long ago!

I don’t know how many wins we get, but the effort is hard to watch and the results are predictable. I don’t see what’s wrong with wondering what would happen if we put two bench defensive stoppers with high motors in the game. If McBride and Grimes could shut down or limit FVV and Trent Jr how does that affect the outcome. We all know Thibs isn’t going to play the rookies or give Toppin some of Randle’s minutes but this is a message board and this is the sight we talk about because we’ve been in it since pre draft, summer league and preseason.

Chandler
Member: #6197

11/2/2021  2:17 PM

i agree with dsjunc. We wilted. Our strength is when we move the ball and lots of guys are hitting, and everyone is defending. When Randle tries to take over with shooting (as opposed to passing, D, and rebounds) we are on much thinner ice.

there was a time it was like two heavyweights trading bombs but ultimately we wilted.

OG looked like an offensive dynamo -- was that Randle's D???
And Gary Payton is good -- but not that good -- and wondering if that's why EF seemed to be on the bench a bit more.

Hopefully we grow from this. TOronto was playing without their 2 best guys

(5)(5)
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
11/2/2021  3:41 PM
Second home game we've allowed a team to not only beat us but outhustle us. That did not happen much last season. Thibs really needs to let this team know they are not that special or good and are not going to win playing lazy. I hate to call him out cause he's been the rock for us but Randle needs to play with more urgency and concentration. He was too laxed last night with the turnovers and late defense. I'm sure he'll be fine but he's our leader and as he goes, the team goes. He sets the tone and if he plays with max effort, the team will follow.

Still early and no need to panic or make drastic changes but we can't let it become a habit. Getting on the road now should be exactly what this team needs. Gotta get back to basketball and quit the stupid bing bong celebrations as if we've done anything.

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
11/2/2021  8:11 PM

I can jump that high.

If I jump three times.

GameThread: Knicks host Raptors, 11/1 730pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy