Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/10/2022  11:38 AM
Nalod wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:I need more of these mic'ed up moments

Same guy. He also had a cup of tea in the NBA and was a monster in the NCAA.

Don’t know who he is but if Thibs gets fired, can we hire him but mike him up and just listen to him? At least for one season.

Why can't we have both? Thibs rumbling along the sideline yelling "ICE" while Sarunas is an assistant, pointing at Kevin Knox and yelling "Get that phucking thing out of here!"

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/12/2022  7:52 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
1/12/2022  6:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/12/2022  6:39 PM
Rokas playing D on Chacho Rodriguez... I know he eats the 3 in the end but look at the hustle and work he pits in!!!

dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
1/14/2022  5:23 AM
Yesterday Rokas was the man of the match in a VERY good game vs the reigning Euroleague Champs Anadolu (Turkey).
Some things that really stand out watching him play...
- he is not the quickest but super shifty off the dribble using small fakes and changes of speed to get defenders off balance - (not wanting to compare reg. overall play but) a little like Doncic
- he IMPACTS the game! Being the lead guard on a team like Barca at that age is nothing short of remarkable and honestly he absolutely deserves this big role! When he is on the court the offense runs through him (100%)! He makes the plays and he is one of those guys that seem to make the "right" play most of the time - shooting, driving, kicking, finding the right player etc.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/14/2022  7:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/14/2022  7:32 AM
I wonder what our timeline is on bringing him over. We don’t have any roster flexibility right now. We have a 1st rd pick, Sims on a 2 way 1 expiring contract in Solomon Hill. Maybe he stays in Europe one more year? Or we trade/waive Kemba in the off-season?

Edit- oops, forgot Mitch is expiring.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/14/2022  9:16 AM
Rookie wrote:I wonder what our timeline is on bringing him over. We don’t have any roster flexibility right now. We have a 1st rd pick, Sims on a 2 way 1 expiring contract in Solomon Hill. Maybe he stays in Europe one more year? Or we trade/waive Kemba in the off-season?

He comes to Summer league and impresses. That has to happen. He’ll want assurances and Money. In Europe he can get that. LEts be real, its all a good thing but its not the NBA and as much as he might remind us of Doncic, that is not a given. His game might not translate to the NBA. Doncic is a big kid and very strong. That extended range fall-a-way gives him space and the abilty to penetrate or he can burn you rom 35 feet.
Its a good thing we are gettng a crowded roster and perhaps we need a trade to thin it out and consolidate.
Is he or will he be better than IQ? Doe she get traded to SAS as all euros do? LOL. Does he even want to play in the NBA? If so, When?

martin
USA
1/14/2022  9:23 AM
Rookie wrote:I wonder what our timeline is on bringing him over. We don’t have any roster flexibility right now. We have a 1st rd pick, Sims on a 2 way 1 expiring contract in Solomon Hill. Maybe he stays in Europe one more year? Or we trade/waive Kemba in the off-season?

Rokas signed a 4 year deal with Barcelona and that is all I can find or remember reading.

BigDaddyG

1/14/2022  9:26 AM

I'm pretty sure he stays at least one more year, if he isn't traded. He continues to develop on Barcas's dime while the Knicks continue moving and consolidating assets.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
1/14/2022  9:31 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:

I'm pretty sure he stays at least one more year, if he isn't traded. He continues to develop on Barcas's dime while the Knicks continue moving and consolidating assets.

100% agreed. His offer from Knicks has to be such that he could pay off buyout and make it worth it. He seems to be edging towards good path to success (and a bigger offer) and it'll be even more prevalent with another year.

Kemba and Rose are still Knicks as well as IQ. I'd guess there will be some consolidation and then Bruson will be on the horizon.

2 years in Barcelona seems just right.

martin
USA
1/14/2022  9:35 AM
dodger78 wrote:Yesterday Rokas was the man of the match in a VERY good game vs the reigning Euroleague Champs Anadolu (Turkey).
Some things that really stand out watching him play...
- he is not the quickest but super shifty off the dribble using small fakes and changes of speed to get defenders off balance - (not wanting to compare reg. overall play but) a little like Doncic
- he IMPACTS the game! Being the lead guard on a team like Barca at that age is nothing short of remarkable and honestly he absolutely deserves this big role! When he is on the court the offense runs through him (100%)! He makes the plays and he is one of those guys that seem to make the "right" play most of the time - shooting, driving, kicking, finding the right player etc.

foosballnick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3148

1/14/2022  9:43 AM
martin wrote:

Rokas signed a 4 year deal with Barcelona and that is all I can find or remember reading.

Rokas is signed through 2025 with Barcelona. I imaging the Knicks would have to work out a deal and buy out his contract ~250K euros to bring him to NY.

https://basketnews.com/news-153530-barcelona-announce-point-guard-rokas-jokubaitis.html#:~:text=FC%20Barcelona%20have%20officially%20announced,his%20first%20season%20with%20Barcelona.

martin
USA
1/14/2022  10:07 AM
NICE

martin
USA
1/16/2022  6:08 PM
BigDaddyG

1/20/2022  1:35 PM
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

1/20/2022  1:43 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Can our Front Office just buy him out already and bring him up already?

Because I've seen enough. He's ready for the NBA.

If younger kids like Deuce, Grimes and Sims have all seen NBA playing time already, then why not Rokas Jokubaitis? Imo he's more NBA ready than any of them.

And he's also a natural/pure PG which is what we're in desperate need of right now.

If the Knicks include him in any trade package I'll become livid. Because he's got the potential to become the NBAs very next European Superstar on an NBA level.

martin
USA
1/21/2022  3:35 PM
I don't follow closely but first back game in a while?

blkexec
Member: #748
1/22/2022  7:22 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/22/2022  7:27 AM
I havent watch any of his games and for me it’s hard to gage a player when they are not playing against nba players. What nba PG does he remind you of?

Also, who’s a better nba prospect right now? Rokas or Deuce. Pick 1 and why? I knew about deuce in college, appt play in the nba and gleague. What’s the big deal on Rokas?

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
1/22/2022  7:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/22/2022  7:26 AM
blkexec wrote:I havent watch any of his games and for me it’s hard to gage a player when they are not playing against nba players. What nba PG does he remind you of?

Also, who’s a better nba prospect right now? Rokas or Deuce. Pick 1 and why? I knew about deuce in college, appt play in the nba and gleague. What’s the big deal on Rokas?

Sorry….just realized my answer is somewhere in this thread 😂 But until I know he’s coming over just not motivated about him. Unless someone says he’s better than deuce, then I will investigate.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
1/22/2022  7:31 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/22/2022  7:32 AM
NYKMentality wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

If younger kids like Deuce, Grimes and Sims have all seen NBA playing time already, then why not Rokas Jokubaitis? Imo he's more NBA ready than any of them.

And he's also a natural/pure PG which is what we're in desperate need of right now.

If the Knicks include him in any trade package I'll become livid. Because he's got the potential to become the NBAs very next European Superstar on an NBA level.

Ok you peaked my interest. More nba ready than deuce and grimes???? Time to pay attention to this kid. Any footage against nba talent? Sorry but if JR Smith can average 50 in one of those top euro leagues, or even score 50…not sure which one it was. Then I would expect a nba ready player to dominate correct?

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/22/2022  9:12 AM
blkexec wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Ok you peaked my interest. More nba ready than deuce and grimes???? Time to pay attention to this kid. Any footage against nba talent? Sorry but if JR Smith can average 50 in one of those top euro leagues, or even score 50…not sure which one it was. Then I would expect a nba ready player to dominate correct?

Everyone watched summer league right ? Grimes and McBride were dominant. Jokubaitis was solid but didn’t stand out in any way. He can definitely be good but he didn’t look NBA ready.

Rokas Jokubaitis alert

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy