Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/1/2021  6:25 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
Nalod wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:I wouldn't trade away this kid for future assets. I'd love to see our front office continue to watch his development overseas (while holding onto him).

He's only 20 years of age and with Kemba Walker being 31 years old and Derrick Rose being 33 years old; Rokas Jokubaitis could develop into our next starting PG.

He's beginning to look really promising.

Why stop there, he can be the Next Doncic;............43 second video got me sold!!!

Who said anything about Doncic?

Wanting to develop a future starting PG (potentially) and talking "Luka Dončić" is an extreme difference.

Lighten up Francis, nobody is ruining your cheer. We just having fun.
Yes, he could be our next PG, or next trade throw in. Nobody knows. We know our guys ages. We practically memorize there salaries too. Your on with guys that know a lot more than you give credit for.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/12/2021  2:46 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/12/2021  3:08 PM
martin wrote:

Are you trying to send Kemba a message?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/12/2021  8:27 PM
Talk about a small sample size. We're taking about 13 shots.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/13/2021  10:18 AM
I can see all the DNPs. Under Thibs this dude doesn’t have a shot in hell.
TPercy
Member: #5748

11/13/2021  11:53 AM
let bro develop in spain and ****
The Future is Bright!
BigDaddyG

11/19/2021  11:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/19/2021  11:29 AM
Encouraging Rokas thread.

The highlight of the thread IMHO. Rokas takes on Orange Jazzmatazz to see who will take the mantle of being the Knicks European PG of the future
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
11/19/2021  12:25 PM
we would be lucky for kemba to drive to the rack like that
martin
USA
11/21/2021  12:01 PM
Just read the thread above and loved this part:

BigDaddyG

11/22/2021  7:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/22/2021  8:35 PM
I'm not sure how much of this translates in the NBA, but love the fact that he's consistent snaking into the paint. Wish he was more explosive, but he's impressing me more and more with his physicality
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/22/2021  9:24 PM
I don’t put any stock in anything players do overseas. NBA is a totally different ball of wax. Luka Vildoza looked good on tape too.
martin
USA
11/22/2021  10:07 PM
Panos wrote:I don’t put any stock in anything players do overseas. NBA is a totally different ball of wax. Luka Vildoza looked good on tape too.

Like across the board? Odd take

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/23/2021  2:20 PM
martin wrote:Just read the thread above and loved this part:

I like it but am categorizing it more as 'promising'. I like the percentages, but i need raw production. Luka was 15.5/5/3 for context. 6/2/3 is a ways away from that. I think he'll get better but I think there are guys ahead of him on the depth chart here, let him get experience there a little longer

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
93BUICK
Member: #1175
USA
11/23/2021  6:34 PM
TPercy wrote:let bro develop in spain and ****

Lol that's what they say about me too
I'm living in Barcelona- Ready to do some UK Scouting just need a budget -

If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/24/2021  6:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/24/2021  7:28 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:I wouldn't trade away this kid for future assets. I'd love to see our front office continue to watch his development overseas (while holding onto him).

He's only 20 years of age and with Kemba Walker being 31 years old and Derrick Rose being 33 years old; Rokas Jokubaitis could develop into our next starting PG.

He could just as easily be our next Frankie too. Was nothing learned about drooling over yoots with FIBA highlights?

His Euro highlights, outside of defense, against older men look far more impressive than Franks. Also, this is a much higher level of Euro ball than what Frank played at.

He lacks burst which will seriously impede his ability to the be the primary ball handler in the NBA. Unless they have elite court vision and passing ability lead guards need to be able to create downhill oppurtunties off the dribble. I don't see that ability here.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
martin
USA
11/24/2021  10:22 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

He could just as easily be our next Frankie too. Was nothing learned about drooling over yoots with FIBA highlights?

His Euro highlights, outside of defense, against older men look far more impressive than Franks. Also, this is a much higher level of Euro ball than what Frank played at.

He lacks burst which will seriously impede his ability to the be the primary ball handler in the NBA. Unless they have elite court vision and passing ability lead guards need to be able to create downhill oppurtunties off the dribble. I don't see that ability here.

I too think he may lack elite burst but he is also sneaky quick and deceptive with dribble and hesitation which is just as good in the big picture of things. He won't be able to have the ball in his hands and just blow by whomever, whenever but he will get to his spots, and that's all you need to ask for. He has other ways to make it up, like finishing at rim and midrange and vision and euro-stepping.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

11/24/2021  10:32 AM
Panos wrote:I don’t put any stock in anything players do overseas. NBA is a totally different ball of wax. Luka Vildoza looked good on tape too.

Yep. Different rules, different range on 3 point line and ofcourse different level of competition

BigDaddyG

11/24/2021  3:25 PM
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

I too think he may lack elite burst but he is also sneaky quick and deceptive with dribble and hesitation which is just as good in the big picture of things. He won't be able to have the ball in his hands and just blow by whomever, whenever but he will get to his spots, and that's all you need to ask for. He has other ways to make it up, like finishing at rim and midrange and vision and euro-stepping.

Also, Luka looked slow as hell in Europe. Rokas clearly isn't as good as Luka, but one comparison I can make is that they both held up physically at a young age. I've heard from countless current and former players that the D is more physical in that league then it is in the NBA. If Rokas can play there, he's definitely tough enough for the NBA. Also possible the extra space makes his first step pop as well. Definitely worth watching his progression.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/24/2021  7:35 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Also, Luka looked slow as hell in Europe. Rokas clearly isn't as good as Luka, but one comparison I can make is that they both held up physically at a young age. I've heard from countless current and former players that the D is more physical in that league then it is in the NBA. If Rokas can play there, he's definitely tough enough for the NBA. Also possible the extra space makes his first step pop as well. Definitely worth watching his progression.

Lukas court vision and passing ability is elite. You think he is a better prospect than Quickley or Mcbride? Don't see him getting to much burn here especially at PG

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
BigDaddyG

11/24/2021  7:57 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Lukas court vision and passing ability is elite. You think he is a better prospect than Quickley or Mcbride? Don't see him getting to much burn here especially at PG

Can't answer that till he makes it here. I can say that he has shown better finishing abilities than IQ did last year and he appears to have better vision than both. Also, was referring to Lukas ability to drive past his man using footwork, hesitations and positioning. Yes, defenders are slower in the ACB. But they are more physical and the fact that this kid isn't getting pushed around is promising.
Rokas Jokubaitis alert

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy