[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

More OBI and Randle Please..less mitch to start the season
Author Thread
HoustonSprewell84
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8931

10/19/2021  11:22 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:At the end of the game Obi and Randle were going up against the stout front court of Daniel Gafford and Avdija while patrolling the paint again rim runners in Neto, KCP and Kispert?

That's the measuring stick?

You can get away with Obi at Center against the Wizards, run that line-up against the 76ers, Bucks, Bulls, Miami, Cavs or Hawks its a different animal all together. I did not like the Obi pick it all, but he has played really well this pre-season. The more good players we have, the better chance we can make a trade for an elite wing or PG. Obi plays well maybe you don't have to gut the roster for Beal or Lillard

As long as Obi can rebound the way he has in the preseason, I think he can play C minutes against any team except the ones with a Post up center. Meaning the Bucks, Sixers are the only two I would be worried about.

He’s faster than starting Center in the league, he creates more fast break points.
I’m hoping he plays against the Celtics, I think he’s a great matchup as Horford since Al is a just a stretch 5 nowadays

AUTOADVERT
CanItGetAnyWorse
Member: #8906

10/19/2021  11:50 AM
martin wrote:At the end of the game Obi and Randle were going up against the stout front court of Daniel Gafford and Avdija while patrolling the paint again rim runners in Neto, KCP and Kispert?

Was thinking a similar thing. That said, seeing Thibs go with a small ball lineup in our last pre-season game was very encouraging. I think Thibs see's the talent Obi is (Future All Star imo) and wants to put him to use.

Re Mitch, he was at what, 70% or so? And did you all see the affect he had out there? I'm so happy to have Mitch back.
What a DEEP team we have. 50 wins I'm (almost) expecting.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/20/2021  10:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2021  10:07 PM
Knicks1248 not so crazy boys. Obi/Randle the lineup that got us going tonight and finished the game.
Think we are seeing another path for Obi minutes.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/20/2021  10:28 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Knicks1248 not so crazy boys. Obi/Randle the lineup that got us going tonight and finished the game.

Who said they shouldn’t play?
The open fast pace game was great. game was not over was it?

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/20/2021  10:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2021  10:48 PM
Nalod wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Knicks1248 not so crazy boys. Obi/Randle the lineup that got us going tonight and finished the game.

Who said they shouldn’t play?
The open fast pace game was great. game was not over was it?

Who said someone said they should not play?

Giving 1248 some credit for suggesting Thibs put them together more. I sure did not see it as a good idea. It may have been because of Noel being out but I liked the pace with them two as 4/5.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Caseloads
Member: #41
10/20/2021  11:15 PM
CanItGetAnyWorse wrote:

I think Thibs see's the talent Obi is (Future All Star imo) and wants to put him to use.

Obi is not a future allstar. Not even close. he has some good hops and good hustle. but he looks nothing like an all star at the PF spot
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/20/2021  11:19 PM
Most match ups are going to require more OBI than mitch because that's the way the league is.
ES
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

10/20/2021  11:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2021  11:23 PM
11pts 17 rebounds on 34 minutes tonight. Played smart an outlet passes after grabbing boards. You guys actually want less of that?
Philc1

10/20/2021  11:25 PM
CanItGetAnyWorse wrote:

Was thinking a similar thing. That said, seeing Thibs go with a small ball lineup in our last pre-season game was very encouraging. I think Thibs see's the talent Obi is (Future All Star imo) and wants to put him to use.

Re Mitch, he was at what, 70% or so? And did you all see the affect he had out there? I'm so happy to have Mitch back.
What a DEEP team we have. 50 wins I'm (almost) expecting.

Let’s take it easy. I love the Knicks and I like our roster but we barely beat a decent Celtics team at home. I think we make the playoffs and make a run but 50 wins I dunno

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/20/2021  11:25 PM
Philc1 wrote:11pts 17 rebounds on 34 minutes tonight. Played smart an outlet passes after grabbing boards. You guys actually want less of that?

But ... but ... spacing something something...

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/20/2021  11:30 PM
Caseloads wrote:
CanItGetAnyWorse wrote:

I think Thibs see's the talent Obi is (Future All Star imo) and wants to put him to use.

Obi is not a future allstar. Not even close. he has some good hops and good hustle. but he looks nothing like an all star at the PF spot

Yeah I'm still not over the fact that you think Rand Paul is a legit doctor and not believing anything else after that

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Philc1

10/20/2021  11:30 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Philc1 wrote:11pts 17 rebounds on 34 minutes tonight. Played smart an outlet passes after grabbing boards. You guys actually want less of that?

Only spacing I saw was Thibs calling ISO for Randle all night

Philc1

10/20/2021  11:31 PM
martin wrote:
Caseloads wrote:
CanItGetAnyWorse wrote:

Yeah I'm still not over the fact that you think Rand Paul is a legit doctor and not believing anything else after that

Isn’t he like a fake opthamologist

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/21/2021  1:31 AM
Philc1 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Yeah, too much Randle towards the end. They stopped running offense and relied on ISO too much. Almost cost us the game.

Trust the Process
knicks1248
10/21/2021  8:22 AM
TheGame wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Yeah, too much Randle towards the end. They stopped running offense and relied on ISO too much. Almost cost us the game.

The idea (like last yr) is still to play through Randle and let him make the right play, he had 9 assist to go with his 30+ points, so you can't be too concern

ES
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
10/21/2021  9:04 AM
Had said many times during the Atlanta series last year we needed to see Obi and Randle together to counter the way the Hawks were defending Julius. I'm glad we saw them for an extended period of time last night, and hey, it was successful. But a lot of that is because Obi is a different player. He's not overwhelmed by the speed of the game and he is now out there dictating with his athleticism. I think with his pure athletic ability he has the potential the be one of the best finishers in the game. And man if he starts sticking that 3....
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/21/2021  11:22 AM
VDesai wrote:Had said many times during the Atlanta series last year we needed to see Obi and Randle together to counter the way the Hawks were defending Julius. I'm glad we saw them for an extended period of time last night, and hey, it was successful. But a lot of that is because Obi is a different player. He's not overwhelmed by the speed of the game and he is now out there dictating with his athleticism. I think with his pure athletic ability he has the potential the be one of the best finishers in the game. And man if he starts sticking that 3....

In a sick way, I'm kind of glad his 3's been inconsistent early. Much of the problem last season was he was forcing the 3 instead of looking for something closer (and admittedly the coaching staff shares responsibility for that). I'd hate for the 3 to become a crutch. I'm thrilled he's being better utilized this year and that guys are looking for him now on the fast break. He's also shown off some impressive moves down low, just look for him on the cut!

You're right though, once he starts knocking it down, it's only going to unlock things for him. Adding a 15-18 foot jumper would help as well.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/21/2021  11:34 AM
TheGame wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Yeah, agreed. I hated going to the playoffs last year on the back of an iso-MVP candidate...

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/21/2021  11:50 AM
And when they doubled Randle RJ stepped up.
Fornier with Randle had a nice thing with the pick freeing Evan up for easy three.
Him and BUllock did that last season. RJ gotta get some of that.
Knicks did more right than not. We won.
knicks1248
10/22/2021  8:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/22/2021  8:51 AM
OBI

When Randle and Toppin were on the floor together for a shade under 16 minutes, the Knicks outscored the Celtics by 12, with Toppin burning Boston in transition, taking off after missed shots and finishing with ease at the other end. In 28 minutes, the second-year forward scored 14 points.

When I am on the court with him and I see that he has the rebound, I take off and that is what I do best,

Not only OBI, but RJ and rose also benefit when OBI is in transition with easy ally oops, back door cuts.

Im betting it will be more than 16 minutes in the near future because, as much as THIBS love Rim protectors the goal is still to out score your opponent..

Randle

“I think it was really effective, us being able to create activity, get stops and get out and run on the offensive end,” Randle said. “If they put me at the 5, I feel like any 5 in the league, it’s going to be a mismatch. I do embrace that role, but I’ll do whatever Thibs asks me.”
ES
More OBI and Randle Please..less mitch to start the season

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy