[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Preseason GameThread #4: Knicks v Wiz, 730
Author Thread
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
10/16/2021  6:35 AM
How amazing did Obi look on D last night in the 4th? He was flying all over the place. The growth from him has been amazing.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/16/2021  11:33 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Sorry but mitch is so not ready, as soon as he left the game the comeback was on.

Is it me or does Grimes look more under control than IQ

Randle is going to have an MVP type season

We may be better with Obi at center. We have two hurt centers an oilder 1 and a youngin/ Obi is a go

Obi's best position is center. He has the vertical to hold his own inside against taller players, and his lateral agility is less of an issue at Center. The Knicks can get away with Obi at Center vs 2/3's of the league. My issues with Obi on this roster is still the same. Will Thibs run Obi at Center with both Mitch and Noel available? I'm not so sure. All I know is going small upfront tonight won the game.

Obi is trash, will never be anything but a defensive liability and you have serious doubts about this front office's ability to draft. Pretty sure that was your Obi scouting report. Now he's a center... so that's progressing well

We are seeing more of the same. Excellent player development and top flight defense. Thibs rides Randle/RJ until it beats you down and he's got a real feel for the best crew to finish the game. All 5 guys scored big buckets in the last 4 minutes and the defense both inside and out was top flight. The only reason Wash was in that is we shot for **** and Neto hit everything.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TPercy
Member: #5748

10/16/2021  12:53 PM
How the hell did Obi learn to play D so fast. Its just pre season but man o man o man
The Future is Bright!
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/16/2021  1:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/16/2021  1:34 PM
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Sorry but mitch is so not ready, as soon as he left the game the comeback was on.

We may be better with Obi at center. We have two hurt centers an oilder 1 and a youngin/ Obi is a go

Obi's best position is center. He has the vertical to hold his own inside against taller players, and his lateral agility is less of an issue at Center. The Knicks can get away with Obi at Center vs 2/3's of the league. My issues with Obi on this roster is still the same. Will Thibs run Obi at Center with both Mitch and Noel available? I'm not so sure. All I know is going small upfront tonight won the game.

Obi is trash, will never be anything but a defensive liability and you have serious doubts about this front office's ability to draft. Pretty sure that was your Obi scouting report. Now he's a center... so that's progressing well

We are seeing more of the same. Excellent player development and top flight defense. Thibs rides Randle/RJ until it beats you down and he's got a real feel for the best crew to finish the game. All 5 guys scored big buckets in the last 4 minutes and the defense both inside and out was top flight. The only reason Wash was in that is we shot for **** and Neto hit everything.

I actually called him a Small Ball 5. I didn't believe he could guard anyone but Centers on the perimeter. I said he had stiff hips and poor lateral agility. I didn't think he could guard todays Combo Forwards. I also said he would struggle against larger Centers in the post because his frame was top heavy. To be fair, Washington isn't exactly a juggernaut upfront. You can get away with Obi at Center against the Wizards. \I am shocked by how far he has come along though

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/16/2021  4:58 PM
TPercy wrote:How the hell did Obi learn to play D so fast. Its just pre season but man o man o man

Before the draft I posted that vid of him where he looked horrific defensively- I’m amazed at how quickly he’s improved- really had no hope for him on that side of the court

Kemet
Member: #6148

10/16/2021  8:14 PM
I hate to spoil some Knicks analyst fans view point .. But the Wizards not giving Harrell's leadership any run in the 4th quarter gave us Knicks a chance to win. Harrell's short playing-time out played Randle, Taj, Sims, and Obi last night.
Obi Toppin performance is that of a PF having SF moves.
I called Grimes & McBride BUST their first 2 Knicks summer-league games, and change my mind quick after watching Grimes dynamic 2-Way performance the last 3 summer league games.
Grimes were the Knicks front-office BEST pickup in all of their offseason moves.
Kemba Walker has to be the worst defensive player in the NBA, Dinwiddle, Neto, and Holiday combine for 56 pts of the Wizards score by taking it straight to defender Kemba for a easy 2 pts consecutively.
In all 4 preseason games Fournier looked lost on both ends of the court.
Randle's winning last shot was explosive last night in MSG .. It wouldn't have happen in a regular season game, because Randle would've had to deal with a back-court pressure bringing the ball up court.
The Knicks should've sign FA Dinwiddle who was in NY throughout offseason, or Sign FA Shroeder.
Randle been the Knicks main PG for 2 seasons, which is why the Knicks had a 1-4 postseason !!!
gradyandrew
Member: #8959

10/17/2021  2:36 AM
Kemet wrote:I hate to spoil some Knicks analyst fans view point .. But the Wizards not giving Harrell's leadership any run in the 4th quarter gave us Knicks a chance to win. Harrell's short playing-time out played Randle, Taj, Sims, and Obi last night.
I called Grimes & McBride BUST their first 2 Knicks summer-league games, and change my mind quick after watching Grimes dynamic 2-Way performance the last 3 summer league games.
Grimes were the Knicks front-office BEST pickup in all of their offseason moves.
Kemba Walker has to be the worst defensive player in the NBA, Dinwiddle, Neto, and Holiday combine for 56 pts of the Wizards score by taking it straight to defender Kemba for a easy 2 pts consecutively.
Randle's winning last shot was explosive last night in MSG .. It wouldn't have happen in a regular season game, because Randle would've had to deal with a back-court pressure bringing the ball up court.
The Knicks should've sign FA Dinwiddle who was in NY throughout offseason, or Sign FA Shroeder.
Randle been the Knicks main PG for 2 seasons, which is why the Knicks had a 1-4 postseason !!!

Haters gonna hate. Harrell was a lot less effective when Robinson played. Trez hit one jumper from behind the free throw line but I'm sure the Knicks are happy to give him that shot all season. The Wizards have a lot of talent and are a good team,that was obvious even when they were getting blown out last week. I don't think Washington was trying to throw the game or not take it seriously; is that what you are trying to say?

Walker took 3 charges in the first two games. If he can keep doing that he should be fine.

Dinwiddie wanted more than 8 per and got it.
Schroeder isn't a team player and doesn't have the resume of Kemba.

The Knicks look great,lighten up.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/17/2021  10:02 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I actually called him a Small Ball 5. I didn't believe he could guard anyone but Centers on the perimeter. I said he had stiff hips and poor lateral agility. I didn't think he could guard todays Combo Forwards. I also said he would struggle against larger Centers in the post because his frame was top heavy. To be fair, Washington isn't exactly a juggernaut upfront. You can get away with Obi at Center against the Wizards. \I am shocked by how far he has come along though

nice way of saying you are shocked by wrong you were.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/18/2021  9:22 AM
gradyandrew wrote:
Kemet wrote:I hate to spoil some Knicks analyst fans view point .. But the Wizards not giving Harrell's leadership any run in the 4th quarter gave us Knicks a chance to win. Harrell's short playing-time out played Randle, Taj, Sims, and Obi last night.

Haters gonna hate. Harrell was a lot less effective when Robinson played. Trez hit one jumper from behind the free throw line but I'm sure the Knicks are happy to give him that shot all season. The Wizards have a lot of talent and are a good team,that was obvious even when they were getting blown out last week. I don't think Washington was trying to throw the game or not take it seriously; is that what you are trying to say?

Walker took 3 charges in the first two games. If he can keep doing that he should be fine.

Dinwiddie wanted more than 8 per and got it.
Schroeder isn't a team player and doesn't have the resume of Kemba.

The Knicks look great,lighten up.

+1

And what the hell did Randle's winning shot have to do with him bringing the ball up? It was a clutch iso step back jumper that took at least 10 seconds of clock. Anyone could have brought the ball up and handed it off to him to start that move. Wasn't like a running heave from the logo.

This from the genius who tells us our FO should have sold the farm for Ben Simmons.

Preseason GameThread #4: Knicks v Wiz, 730

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy