[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I didn’t see Grimes or McBride enough this offseason
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/15/2021  12:20 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
foosballnick wrote:There are only 4 pre-season games. If I'm Thibs my focus is getting the new starters/rotation set and up and running to ensure the team is firing on all engines out of the gate. Satisfying the fans thirst to see end of rotation guys would likely be low on Thibs priority list. He has performance in team practices to work that out.

Thibs, like all of us, is a creature of habit. These are the same rotation patterns that drove us crazy last year. Thing is, they lead us to a successful season and it's hard to argue with those results. If McBride and Grimes are NBA players, they'll work themselves in like IQ did.

Different situations. Quickley walked onto a team in desperate need of shooting and an upgrade at the point. Remember the headlines when Quick had that one good preseason game, I think game 3. McBride and Grimes are sitting behind vets who signed extended contracts and a couple of 2nd and 3rd year players who are a apart of our core moving forward. Outside of major injuries, I don't see either of our rookies getting extended minutes anytime soon.

AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

10/15/2021  12:40 PM
So we can't just leave this to the NBA Coach of the Year whom the entire roster has very clearly fully bought into?

That's too steep a hill for "fans" to climb?

Here's the thing about second guessing:

It's guessing.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/15/2021  1:23 PM
I thought Deuce may get minutes while Kemba sat, but instead we saw that Kev is next man off the bench (sliding IQ down to the 1 and Burks to the 2).

Unless Deuce is closing in on IQ or Grimes threatening Burks for his bench spot, are these pre-season games that valuable to them just to go ahead and not see any regular rotation minutes for the next few months (barring the unexpected)? I can respect Thibs use of these games to get his rotation guys honed in.

Man is sharpening his knives.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

10/15/2021  3:13 PM
I think it's okay to want to see the newbies and still accept that Thibs is gonna Thibs and that's a good thing. His team will be in good condition and ready to play together and execute. But yeah, I'd like to see what Grimes and Deuce have.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/15/2021  3:52 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:I thought Deuce may get minutes while Kemba sat, but instead we saw that Kev is next man off the bench (sliding IQ down to the 1 and Burks to the 2).

Unless Deuce is closing in on IQ or Grimes threatening Burks for his bench spot, are these pre-season games that valuable to them just to go ahead and not see any regular rotation minutes for the next few months (barring the unexpected)? I can respect Thibs use of these games to get his rotation guys honed in.

Man is sharpening his knives.

I think they really want to see more of IQ at the PG spot.

ES
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/18/2021  7:36 PM
SergioNYK wrote:I've never seen a HC take preseason so seriously. My only complaint and fear is a key player getting hurt in a meaningless game but Thibs is Thibs and I trust him.

You mean like Antonio Mcydess playing 38 minutes in a preseason game coming off aserious knee injury. Yeah we should avoid stupid **** like that

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/19/2021  2:26 PM
Don't worry. Thibs sees both of them everyday.
I didn’t see Grimes or McBride enough this offseason

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy