[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Preseason GameThread #3: Knicks vs Detroit, 730pm
Author Thread
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/14/2021  12:41 PM
ToddTT wrote:I cannot pick a favorite player on this team.

It’s probably Randle because I feel like he turned the franchise around, but man these guys play with heart.

Mine is Rose. I love him to death. He is not in my level fandom of Patrick but he is in that LJ, Spree level for me.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/14/2021  12:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/14/2021  12:57 PM
NYKBocker wrote:

It’s probably Randle because I feel like he turned the franchise around, but man these guys play with heart.

Mine is Rose. I love him to death. He is not in my level fandom of Patrick but he is in that LJ, Spree level for me.

Amazing how Drose now vs the first version we got has matured. Winning cures so much.
Phil Jax saw something. It jsut took winding road for Rose and Knicks.

He was a guy still mired in the MVP contract and expectations and a body that betrayed him. His Civil suite to start the season and his AWAL depicted a man wrestling with deep issues. Now engaged, with a coach who gets him in a support role its a nice story to this turn around for the team and for him. He is not a star any longer but found happiness without it.

For me Im really enjoying Randle fulfilling his draft potential and the personality of a family man devoted to this craft, his kids, wife, and took a path of “team”. Actions speak loud. He took less money to stay in a great situation for him. That his inclusion came after KP departure and cap space is a great story itself. The misery that was KP with is entitled Karma vs the blue collar work ethic and family priority of Randle was refreshing change! That Perry was the GM thru this transition is nice. That Leon and Thibs (see JVG interview thread) work so well together thru the years is all a nice formula that has come together.
Where it goes from here is unknown.
For those enjoying this team today, then perhaps its not about a chip or bust. Its about the journey. Not all good journeys end with chips. But we can believe?

smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
10/14/2021  1:08 PM
I like how quick Randle is making his moves this preseason, he's definitely trying to do what he said he was working on
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/14/2021  1:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/14/2021  1:30 PM
Nalod wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Amazing how Drose now vs the first version we got has matured. Winning cures so much.
Phil Jax saw something. It jsut took winding road for Rose and Knicks.

He was a guy still mired in the MVP contract and expectations and a body that betrayed him. His Civil suite to start the season and his AWAL depicted a man wrestling with deep issues. Now engaged, with a coach who gets him in a support role its a nice story to this turn around for the team and for him. He is not a star any longer but found happiness without it.

For me Im really enjoying Randle fulfilling his draft potential and the personality of a family man devoted to this craft, his kids, wife, and took a path of “team”. Actions speak loud. He took less money to stay in a great situation for him. That his inclusion came after KP departure and cap space is a great story itself. The misery that was KP with is entitled Karma vs the blue collar work ethic and family priority of Randle was refreshing change! That Perry was the GM thru this transition is nice. That Leon and Thibs (see JVG interview thread) work so well together thru the years is all a nice formula that has come together.
Where it goes from here is unknown.
For those enjoying this team today, then perhaps its not about a chip or bust. Its about the journey. Not all good journeys end with chips. But we can believe?

Awesome take. I agree with everything you said. The basketball gods has finally blessed us with a team we deserve. A team that truly works hard and plays for each other. What is not to like?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/14/2021  1:30 PM
THREAD

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Preseason GameThread #3: Knicks vs Detroit, 730pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy