[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kevin Knox's Last Shot
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/9/2021  10:48 AM
Release after 3 years and pay him 8mm to go away? I don’t think so. Unless a team is really after him and he gets a bonafide role what is his trade value? Has he shown to be a rotational player? Often a former coach who believes in him could take a flyer on him, but Lakers don’t have that kind of salary space. Buy outs for players that can land on another team and contribute. Are we really keeping him back?
Frank had a string of unfortunate circumstances when it mattered. Knox got covid at SL. He has yet to show he can do things without the ball or hitting shots. He’ll get preseaon look.
Knox is one of many in the league. After his rookie contract ends he could be free to land where needed and get another chance if he does not stick here.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/9/2021  11:07 AM
Vmart wrote:Knox is gone the way of Frank. His agent should request a trade or release. How does a player go from being rookie of the month to an afterthought. Another giant Knicks failure to develop. Also a victims of favoritism. GMs coaches to many changes for any player to develop.

Any responsibility on the player to, you know, play well?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
10/9/2021  6:46 PM
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:Knox is gone the way of Frank. His agent should request a trade or release. How does a player go from being rookie of the month to an afterthought. Another giant Knicks failure to develop. Also a victims of favoritism. GMs coaches to many changes for any player to develop.

Any responsibility on the player to, you know, play well?

Some of it falls in the player. You look at his playing time it has been declining every year he has been in the league by half and his production has been also. It’s no coincidence that more playing time means better numbers. Knox isn’t part of this teams future he knows it you know it. He can be productive but it won’t matter. It’s not always the players fault but the situation they are given.

blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
10/10/2021  2:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/10/2021  2:08 AM
I see Knox as 2 things.

1. A good player. He was extremely young and not mature enough for the NBA, with an environment that stinks at developing players, but I believe he can have a long NBA career, in the right situation. I hope we keep him.

2. A good trade piece. This preseason will help increase his stock, along with his age (22). So he will always have value, especially if he can knock down 3s, young and 6'9 with handles and a confident offensive game.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/10/2021  6:49 AM
No comments on his play last night? I did not see the game.
nychamp
Member: #2556

10/10/2021  7:23 AM
Nalod wrote:No comments on his play last night? I did not see the game.

His shot was on and he lit it up for a stretch. And aside for a steal that fell into his lap, he looked awful on defense and was targeted constantly by Washington, successfully.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/10/2021  11:24 AM
nychamp wrote:

His shot was on and he lit it up for a stretch. And aside for a steal that fell into his lap, he looked awful on defense and was targeted constantly by Washington, successfully.

I didn't catch the first half but here is a good example of that. He ain't getting minutes because of exactly this

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/10/2021  12:39 PM
martin wrote:
nychamp wrote:

I didn't catch the first half but here is a good example of that. He ain't getting minutes because of exactly this

I was at this game in a suite with about 10 wizards fans and they were killing Kuzma like we be killing knox, in fact.

I just think Knox is a scorer, nothing more, nothing less

ES
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
10/10/2021  12:53 PM
Foxy Knoxy is not gonna be an efficient offensive player. If he never plays D, his best role is scorer on a bad team. To extend his career he would be wise to work on his D and try to stick is a role player, but I don't think that will happen.

Maybe he can go off with some more 3s another preseason game so we can deal him.

gradyandrew
Member: #8959

10/10/2021  1:05 PM

He gave really good minutes in the first half. He didn't force anything and got some good shots. The end of game line up was a fans dream,all players drafted,but they played poorly as a unit. There's still hope.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/10/2021  2:08 PM
dude had a natural confidence and aggressiveness his first few months which gave us a lot of hope.

since then he's been on a bad decline. a real bad one.

he'd now need to go on a major reclamation tear to ever even start sniffing a future as another no sharrington on a crap team

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/11/2021  1:32 AM
Some team that lacks shooting will sign him this summer if the Knicks don’t trade him. I do think they could have gotten a second round pick for him last year. This year, I doubt he is tradeable. Why would a team trade for him when it clear the Knicks are not going to resign him? If Randle sits out a game, Knox might get a few minutes but other than that, he will be parked on the bench this season.
Trust the Process
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

10/11/2021  9:19 AM
nychamp wrote:

This is what he is. He reminds me a lot of Keith Van Horn. Effective in transition, can shoot but a total liability on defense with zero lateral quickness

Philc1

10/11/2021  9:21 AM
Marv wrote:dude had a natural confidence and aggressiveness his first few months which gave us a lot of hope.

he'd now need to go on a major reclamation tear to ever even start sniffing a future as another no sharrington on a crap team

I think Knox was a victim of Fiz just being the worst coach ever. Knox was asked to do way too much his rookie year and- even so- Fiz being the incompetent toxic ass hat he was had no idea how to implement a full court press offense that would have suited. Instead, Fiz had the Knicks playing as a half-court team with Knox trying to post up and create his own shot which is not his game

gradyandrew

10/11/2021  9:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/11/2021  10:19 PM
Philc1 wrote:
Marv wrote:dude had a natural confidence and aggressiveness his first few months which gave us a lot of hope.

I think Knox was a victim of Fiz just being the worst coach ever. Knox was asked to do way too much his rookie year and- even so- Fiz being the incompetent toxic ass hat he was had no idea how to implement a full court press offense that would have suited. Instead, Fiz had the Knicks playing as a half-court team with Knox trying to post up and create his own shot which is not his game

Fiz was tanking his way to Zion, Kyrie, and KD.

wargames
Member: #6053

10/11/2021  3:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/11/2021  3:31 PM
gradyandrew wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

Fish was tanking his way to Zion, Kyrie, and KD.

Well that and being a open philanderer. Fish, Hornecek, and Fiz is a horrible combo of HC back to back.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Philc1

10/13/2021  8:58 PM
gradyandrew wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

Fiz = Basketball Adam Gase

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/13/2021  11:35 PM
Philc1 wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

Fiz = Basketball Adam Gase

Fiz is a player coach who just can’t make the transition from assistant to HC. He is back in his comfort zone as a lebron team assistant. Good guy who seems to connect well with players. Just couldn’t take the next step as most can’t.

gradyandrew

10/14/2021  6:09 AM
Since the aforementioned 3 point shot Knox has played much better and Thibs has singled him out in both post game presses. Tonight he made 2 big 3's ,got an assist on his first offensive possession and had a good hockey assist leading to a Burks lay up. He's done a decent job of getting a hand in 3 point shooters faces and a great one to not foul.

Because of his size and versatility,he looks like a good 11th man option going forward. When Randle was out,he played the back up 4. With Kemba out,IQ and Burks switched up a spot and Knox was the back up 3. Since Thibs is running a 4 out system with non centers able to hit the 3, drive and pass,it seems like Knox should average about 20 minutes over 70 games; that is when ever the 10 man rotation is missing someone,he is the next man up.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/14/2021  8:06 PM
I’m not a fan.. he has no motor, and is a big who hangs out on the perimeter. He’s Tim Thomas but soft
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Kevin Knox's Last Shot

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy