[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Countdown to NY Knicks Tipoff vs. Boston Celtics (October 20th @ 7:30).
Author Thread
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
10/21/2021  11:56 AM
I saw personal reasons, but any insight into why Taj was out? is that an extended thing?
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/21/2021  11:57 AM
VDesai wrote:I saw personal reasons, but any insight into why Taj was out? is that an extended thing?

First child born

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
10/21/2021  12:02 PM
martin wrote:
VDesai wrote:I saw personal reasons, but any insight into why Taj was out? is that an extended thing?

First child born

Ah what do Randle, Taj and VDesai have in common? New Dads!

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/21/2021  12:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/21/2021  12:08 PM
Just taking another moment to appreciate just how clutch Fournier was in Game 1.

He had 15 points with 1 minute left in regulation. And then...

Drills a 3 pointer and slides in for a BIG layup with 9 seconds left.
Knocks down 3 3's in OT - each one coming immediately after a Boston score (talk about counter-punch!). Oh yeah, this was also 75% of our offense for the period (he assisted on the only other bucket).
Hits the go ahead bucket in 2OT.

I think it's safe to say he atoned for any of his transgressions. Great way to endear yourself to the new fanbase, especially against the C's!

KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

10/21/2021  12:54 PM
VDesai wrote:
martin wrote:

First child born

Congratulations!
Clean
Member: #743
10/21/2021  2:21 PM

I love how Randle was chill and then he saw the emotion of EF and cracked a big smile. Randle now has help on Offense.
HOF19
Member: #7569

10/21/2021  2:22 PM
Clean wrote:Kemba did fine for not having chemistry with the team yet. When I look at him I view him as an upgrade over Elf. I am not expecting prime Kemba because those days are long gone. There is a reason why we signed him for as cheap as we did. What I want from Kemba is for him to keep us afloat enough to give Rose enough rest so he does not burn out before the end of the game. Rose should always be our closer until Kemba gets chemistry. Thibs tried to force Kemba as our closer so it put him in a bad situation. 10pts 8reb,3asts is a decent game for a guy who clearly has no chemistry.

Hoping This ↑↑↑↑↑ turns out to be true (about Kemba) ......GO KNICKS !

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/21/2021  2:24 PM
martin wrote:I already don't like Kemba

Just think of Elfrid Payton and you'll feel better about him

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/21/2021  2:31 PM
That was an extra intense game for me as I decided I'd avoid the scores and news and watch it this morning before work- then it went to OT and I thought I'd barely have enough time before my first appointment- then it went to the 2nd OT and I had to stop it! Couldn't resume until a few hours later. Wow, what a ride for a season opener!

I love how we have a lot of versatility and potential shooting- 2 lob threats in Mitch and Obi, iso scoring in Randle and Rose, step back threes, corner threes and shot creation by a tonne of different players, and several players who can become flame throwers from 3 (Kemba, Fournier, RJ, IQ, Burke, etc- just need one or two of them to get hot each game and it can help wipe out any mistakes made). We can play big, small, whatever. I think it's going to be bumpy for a few weeks, but if we can pull it all together, I think we can rival the Hawks in terms of depth and versatility, which has surprised me. I do hope we have a good season!

Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

10/21/2021  2:55 PM
Papabear Says

I paid money to get an NBA Knicks Pass and the damn game was blacked out. So all I could do was view the posts on the UltimateKnicks.com. I was pissed off. So I now changed my package with Verizon to make sure I get every game. Viewing some of you guys posts I thought some of you were going to have a heart attack if the Knicks lost. But any way it was a good game. I like Obi and RJ they will be special. I think Quick needs to come back to earth. Thats what happens when people start to blow up a young guys head. He start to believe the hype without putting his brain back in his head.

Papabear
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/21/2021  5:16 PM
Still interesting to me how quiet Knicks forums get the day after a win...
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/21/2021  6:53 PM
Knickoftime wrote:Still interesting to me how quiet Knicks forums get the day after a win...

noise

riddle me this batman - how would u have felt if we had completed our mission to give this game away? the difference between winning and losing is pretty huge isn’t it? dudes will rationalize but i suspect most would have been crushed and instead most were exalted

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/21/2021  7:46 PM
VDesai wrote:
martin wrote:

First child born

nice one!!!! congrats dude!!!!

This was the most exciting game I have seen in a long time. I was at the Bulls/Knicks game a few years ago when KP and Laurie Markenenenen had this crazy dual that ended in a Knicks loss in double OT. This game really had me hooting and hollering. We run 10 deep and come at you now with some firepower to back up the defense. Great start to the year

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Marv
10/21/2021  7:57 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
VDesai wrote:
martin wrote:

First child born

Congratulations!

damn i missed this! congrats! did the new uncle come over to put the new dad in a headlock?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/21/2021  8:11 PM
VDesai wrote:
martin wrote:

First child born

BAM! Congrats!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knickoftime

10/21/2021  10:27 PM
Marv wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:Still interesting to me how quiet Knicks forums get the day after a win...

noise

riddle me this batman - how would u have felt if we had completed our mission to give this game away? the difference between winning and losing is pretty huge isn’t it? dudes will rationalize but i suspect most would have been crushed and instead most were exalted

I would have felt like I watched a typical NBA game.

The Knicks are GOING to blow games they look like they should win. EVERY team does. It's the nature of the game.

If what happened continues to happen on a consistent basis, then that's a different animal.

But I'm not gonna lose sleep over what I know will be a well-coached, highly motivated team not being perfect on day 1 particularly when Brown is throwing heaves in from the lower case 'k' with 8 second on the clock.

Marv
10/22/2021  8:58 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
Marv wrote:

noise

The Knicks are GOING to blow games they look like they should win. EVERY team does. It's the nature of the game.

If what happened continues to happen on a consistent basis, then that's a different animal.

But I'm not gonna lose sleep over what I know will be a well-coached, highly motivated team not being perfect on day 1 particularly when Brown is throwing heaves in from the lower case 'k' with 8 second on the clock.

yeah that’s not me.
at all.

i got no reason to watch if i don’t have an emotional investment every time i do. winning wednesday was a huge high for me and i would had a big letdown if we lost. don’t get what’s the reason to watch otherwise. it’s that interesting from some detached angle? sounds like drinking nonalcoholic booze

Knickoftime

10/22/2021  11:11 AM
Marv wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Marv wrote:

noise

yeah that’s not me.
at all.

i got no reason to watch if i don’t have an emotional investment every time i do. winning wednesday was a huge high for me and i would had a big letdown if we lost. don’t get what’s the reason to watch otherwise. it’s that interesting from some detached angle? sounds like drinking nonalcoholic booze

Interesting, and some what dovetails into an exchange I had with Martin this week.

For one, I don't think having an motional investment means leaving what you fundamentally know on the side of the road. That seems more like a calculated decision.

That said, and more importantly, I actually LIKE NBA basketball, and MLB and NFL football (and sometimes golf and tennis and Olympic sports, etc.)

To suggest there is NO reason to watch sports without some deeply emotional rooting interest seems to be more or less dismissing sports as just an excuse.

What you're describing to me sounds more like being a fan of being a fan of the Knicks, rather than being a fan of the Knicks and the game they play.

And as it pertains to here, what do we all do 99% of the time, talk about the equity of trades, try to evaluate players and prospects, which is all empirical, not emotional.

Sure I could say I'm a Knicks fans so I want to trade Knox for Doncic and I don't care its ridiculous because I'm a fan.

But...

As to your last point, I assure you I enjoy seeing the teams I've followed since I was a kid win. Your seeming assumption that being analytical about sports and not throwing out everything you know means you don't have emotional attachment is not only completely false, it seems much more about where you're coming from then where I'm coming from.

Emotional doesn't have to mean irrational.

Always (which is often) interesting to see "fans" make this argument. Because like a lot of things, it seem to be all about "ME"

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/22/2021  11:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/22/2021  11:53 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
Marv wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Marv wrote:

noise

yeah that’s not me.
at all.

Interesting, and some what dovetails into an exchange I had with Martin this week.

For one, I don't think having an motional investment means leaving what you fundamentally know on the side of the road. That seems more like a calculated decision.

That said, and more importantly, I actually LIKE NBA basketball, and MLB and NFL football (and sometimes golf and tennis and Olympic sports, etc.)

To suggest there is NO reason to watch sports without some deeply emotional rooting interest seems to be more or less dismissing sports as just an excuse.

What you're describing to me sounds more like being a fan of being a fan of the Knicks, rather than being a fan of the Knicks and the game they play.

And as it pertains to here, what do we all do 99% of the time, talk about the equity of trades, try to evaluate players and prospects, which is all empirical, not emotional.

Sure I could say I'm a Knicks fans so I want to trade Knox for Doncic and I don't care its ridiculous because I'm a fan.

But...

As to your last point, I assure you I enjoy seeing the teams I've followed since I was a kid win. Your seeming assumption that being analytical about sports and not throwing out everything you know means you don't have emotional attachment is not only completely false, it seems much more about where you're coming from then where I'm coming from.

Always (which is often) interesting to see "fans" make this argument. Because like a lot of things, it seem to be all about "ME"

Thankfully, your posts are never about that.

Marv
10/22/2021  12:11 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Marv wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Marv wrote:

noise

yeah that’s not me.
at all.

But...

appreciate your response.

i wouldn’t say I’m ENTIRELY irrational just because I’m emotional 😉 I have lots of opinions on the knicks, their players, FO, coaching decisions, draft choices, FA signings, potential trades, etc.

but it all leads up to those 2.5 hours when my nervous system is engaged and firing. that immersion is a very emotional experience, and it means you may come out of it with a lot of positive emotions or you may come out with it with negative ones. that’s what you’re in for. doesn’t mean you lose all analytical capacity and think you’re trading knox for doncic (not unless they throw in a #1, anyway). but without that level of attachment and vicarious experience i have no reason to “follow” the team to the extent that i do. there’s no return for me in all the analytical time without the payoff of being that vividly dialed in during the games. win or lose with your team, you’re there with the highs and the lows. that’s where guys lose me when their posts after a game are all about, ‘just remember it’s only one game . . .” that’s beyond obvious and misses the point that you get the opportunity to have 82 (and hopefully more) live-or-die thrill experiences - why miss them? that’s my stake in being a knicks fan.

Countdown to NY Knicks Tipoff vs. Boston Celtics (October 20th @ 7:30).

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy