[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The official 2021-2022 NBA Season…………….
Author Thread
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
1/14/2022  12:17 PM
Surprised that it looks like John Collins is being shopped already.
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/14/2022  12:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/14/2022  12:29 PM
VDesai wrote:Surprised that it looks like John Collins is being shopped already.

From the outside looking in, there was a lot of smoke that things were tense between JC and Atlanta last year while he was waiting on his pay day, which they finally caved on. I thought he was going to be shipped out last year.

I've seen reports recently that everything was over-exaggerated last year, and yet, here we are.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/14/2022  12:58 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
VDesai wrote:Surprised that it looks like John Collins is being shopped already.

From the outside looking in, there was a lot of smoke that things were tense between JC and Atlanta last year while he was waiting on his pay day, which they finally caved on. I thought he was going to be shipped out last year.

I've seen reports recently that everything was over-exaggerated last year, and yet, here we are.

Yeah, surprised to hear that they'd prefer keeping Clint over Collins. But with all the locker room rumblings that have been leaked down there, it gives a better sense as to why they're underachievering.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/14/2022  1:06 PM

List was he is past extension and can be shopped. Not that he is. Not that he won’t.

smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
1/14/2022  1:17 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

Yeah, surprised to hear that they'd prefer keeping Clint over Collins. But with all the locker room rumblings that have been leaked down there, it gives a better sense as to why they're underachievering.

Yep, Trae seems to be a frustrating player to play with, probably much like Doncic- both are very talented but very ball dominant

wargames
Member: #6053

1/15/2022  3:08 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

It’s ironic that Collins deal made it virtually impossible to keep both Hunter and Cam. If they ship out Collins then that deal was a mistake.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/15/2022  11:48 AM
wargames wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

It’s ironic that Collins deal made it virtually impossible to keep both Hunter and Cam. If they ship out Collins then that deal was a mistake.

I don't think you hit the target with either sentence.

The extension of Hueter while already having Bogi on the roster in addition to the Hawks wanting to prioritize the extension of Hunter made it virtually impossible to keep Cam.

Also, just because you trade a player who recently extended doesn't necessarily mean the deal was a mistake at all; sometimes you just want to upgrade.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
1/15/2022  12:23 PM
After hearing how sought after Cam Reddish was all season, then what he got traded for, I don't believe the Miles Turner hype one bit (that lots of teams are interested and the Pacers want two firsts)- he isn't a great 3pt shooter, he's a very poor rebounder and isn't a great scorer either. Remember when the Pacers tried to send him to Boston for a s&t for Gordon Hayward and Ring didn't want him as he claimed they'd called round the league and no one wanted him so they wouldn't have been able to offload him onto another team.
martin
USA
1/15/2022  12:30 PM
martin
USA
1/15/2022  12:31 PM
haha how does this happen

martin
USA
1/15/2022  12:33 PM
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/15/2022  12:52 PM
martin wrote:haha how does this happen

We gotta take care of our business.
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/15/2022  1:23 PM
martin wrote:

I feel stooopid. Can someone please explain. I thought poison pill was a contract that starts off real tiny but all that money is backloaded so that the team that wants to extend it's core is not able to match because the poison pill contract balloons at the end and takes up the money needed to extend other players.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/16/2022  11:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/16/2022  11:50 AM
KD out "4 to 6 weeks" with MCL sprain. I suppose that is relatively good news for the Nets and their fan. But it gets me thinking to a few years ago when the Knicks were clowned and s#!t on for "failing" at signing him and Kyrie (never mind the good s#!tting we took for being incapable of getting the ping pong balls to get Zion -- but that's another story for another day). I try to imagine how the Knicks would be treated if we had signed the Toxic Twins -- Kyrie doing his thing and KD not being on the floor for so many extended periods. As far as I can tell the fawning media is simply expressing "hope KD gets back soon and at full strength!" I just can't see that as a Knicks take. And I have no idea how their fan is reacting, but I can easily imagine ours...oh I don't know...acting as if the sky was falling?

And I take nothing from away KD being the best player in the game when he is on the court. And they could still make that run if the ring chasing Super Friends get it together. But my point -- glad it ain't us!

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
1/16/2022  12:31 PM
KnickDanger wrote:KD out "4 to 6 weeks" with MCL sprain. I suppose that is relatively good news for the Nets and their fan. But it gets me thinking to a few years ago when the Knicks were clowned and s#!t on for "failing" at signing him and Kyrie (never mind the good s#!tting we took for being incapable of getting the ping pong balls to get Zion -- but that's another story for another day). I try to imagine how the Knicks would be treated if we had signed the Toxic Twins -- Kyrie doing his thing and KD not being on the floor for so many extended periods. As far as I can tell the fawning media is simply expressing "hope KD gets back soon and at full strength!" I just can't see that as a Knicks take. And I have no idea how their fan is reacting, but I can easily imagine ours...oh I don't know...acting as if the sky was falling?

And I take nothing from away KD being the best player in the game when he is on the court. And they could still make that run if the ring chasing Super Friends get it together. But my point -- glad it ain't us!

I only root against Super Friends team ups, and feel embarrassed for them if they win, and their asterisk-worthy legacy.

smackeddog
1/16/2022  12:40 PM
KnickDanger wrote:KD out "4 to 6 weeks" with MCL sprain. I suppose that is relatively good news for the Nets and their fan. But it gets me thinking to a few years ago when the Knicks were clowned and s#!t on for "failing" at signing him and Kyrie (never mind the good s#!tting we took for being incapable of getting the ping pong balls to get Zion -- but that's another story for another day). I try to imagine how the Knicks would be treated if we had signed the Toxic Twins -- Kyrie doing his thing and KD not being on the floor for so many extended periods. As far as I can tell the fawning media is simply expressing "hope KD gets back soon and at full strength!" I just can't see that as a Knicks take. And I have no idea how their fan is reacting, but I can easily imagine ours...oh I don't know...acting as if the sky was falling?

If they don't win a chip this year, that means we're already THREE SEASONS into their team up with no chip, which is crazy, time passes so quickly! If Harden bails this offseason (but even if he stays), you have to start to wonder when their window starts closing (plus who knows what they do with Kyrie after this season).

martin
USA
1/16/2022  1:10 PM
smackeddog wrote:

If they don't win a chip this year, that means we're already THREE SEASONS into their team up with no chip, which is crazy, time passes so quickly! If Harden bails this offseason (but even if he stays), you have to start to wonder when their window starts closing (plus who knows what they do with Kyrie after this season).

I think you will see one of Harden or Kyrie bail

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
1/16/2022  1:54 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I think you will see one of Harden or Kyrie bail

Kyrie plays half of their games. KD’s out 4-6 weeks. And Harden’s hamstring doesn’t do full seasons.

Their window is already on its way down.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/16/2022  2:01 PM
Just the other day they had allthree back and took apart the Bulls.
Its really season two as Durat had to sit a full season injured.
Harden’s was a bull before his hamstring.
Lets tilt to us and our savior starphuching dreams of Zion. He won’t come cheap. When the franchise player falls a lot goes with him.
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/17/2022  5:47 PM
Holy crap, Steven Adam’s just picked Bradley up and carried him across the court after he wouldn’t let go of Ja
The official 2021-2022 NBA Season…………….

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy