[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The official 2021-2022 NBA Season…………….
Author Thread
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

9/22/2021  8:38 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:Anyone want to predict where Simmons ends up and what the trade looks like?

I think he ends up in Portland but not for the package that SAS reported today on First Take (McCollum, Covington and a couple of first rd picks). I think that's a lot for a player whose afraid to shoot and a 60% FT shooter.

Simmons for McCollum straight up.

I'd say to Dallas for Porzingis but I don't think the Mavs have the picks or assets to attach to make it go.

AUTOADVERT
shinmen
Member: #6029
France
9/22/2021  10:21 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:Anyone want to predict where Simmons ends up and what the trade looks like?

I think he ends up in Portland but not for the package that SAS reported today on First Take (McCollum, Covington and a couple of first rd picks). I think that's a lot for a player whose afraid to shoot and a 60% FT shooter.

I'd say to Dallas for Porzingis but I don't think the Mavs have the picks or assets to attach to make it go.
That would be a horrible fit offensively. Luka handles the ball, Simmons without the ball is useless on offense. Go make the trade Mavs!
KnickDanger

9/22/2021  10:35 PM
shinmen wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

That would be a horrible fit offensively. Luka handles the ball, Simmons without the ball is useless on offense. Go make the trade Mavs!

I know it’s far fetched - my speculation really centers on the Mavs wanting to dump KP’s contract!
Swishfm3
Member: #392
9/22/2021  11:45 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Won't get it done. I think the McCollum Covington deal is just about right. It helps both teams( maybe). Simmons has been in his feelings, but the talent is there. Allows dame to play off the ball more, gives them a proven wing defender and lifts their ceiling. CJ is the perimeter scorer Philly needs and Covington is a good defender.

yeah, I realize it wouldn't be enough but it should be!!

Portland is giving up a lot of offense. I realize that Simmons is capable of creating for others but I still believe that would be a big decrease in offensive productivity for the Blazers.

smackeddog
Member: #883
9/23/2021  3:11 AM

I think maybe the Kings for either Fox, or something built around Hield plus one of Haliburton or Mitchell.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/23/2021  7:08 AM
Simmons is a career 16 and near 8 assist guy with obvious little range. Shoots over 50% because he gets to the rim. An allstar, highly paid player at 6-10 and all nba defense. His attitude sucks from what we gather. EMbiid is an MVP type player that carries them but still Simmons makes that team good. His FT% sucks. What changed? He passed up an easy dunk? Media crush? Rivers blunt comment? Rivers holds enough clout to do that. Rivers has a chip but he also has some questionable playoff issues himself.
Simmons warts ere known and they still resigned him to that deal. MOrey also tried to trade him after saying he wouldn’t. This is where the petulant child in simmons staarts to have bad optics.
Nalod
USA
9/23/2021  8:52 AM
https://fadeawayworld.net/nba-media/anonymous-redditor-flames-zion-williamson-with-unconfirmed-report-now-the-guy-whos-been-fat-for-his-entire-career-wont-show-up-to-any-of-the-teams-offseason-workouts

Google now posts a blog about an unconfirmed reddit poster who blasts out Zion. Not that Zion’s optics have been great but the aggregate of all this type of press is influential. From Covid Vax false facts, to Trump woship the redistribution of unconfirmed posts as news leads to “well, we can’t trust what we read or the media”. Thats large in part that many cannot think for themselves and think Facebook reposts, some manufactured for the sole purpose to incubate discourse is in fact “News”. Not its not.
Even on these very UK pages we read of opinions stated as fact.

Zion killed it last season when he got into shape. Many players, including Kemba last year got blindsided by the seeason starting a month sooner than expected and had timed returning to form for a january start but instead it happend in December.
Lebron was MVP in first two months of season before he got hurt. But, did he fulfill his timeline off season conditioning that could have contributed to better durabilty?
Kemba played great at times last year but the knee was problematic. I’d like to be super excited to think “well with proper rest and off season…………” he’d be better but two things kind of are an issue.
1. Boston dumped him and gave up a 16th pick.
2. OKC flat out paid over $40mil for that pick by buyout. He was due like 68mil, and knicks gave 18MM over two years. still, 40mm s a big number. At 9mil per we have little to risk. We good either way.

Zion is Fat? Do we know this? Do we know his off season regimen and if he worked on things or not? Amazing the story picks up traction as its not credited by any contributor.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/23/2021  11:31 AM
smackeddog wrote:

I think maybe the Kings for either Fox, or something built around Hield plus one of Haliburton or Mitchell.

Would you still root for Buddy if he ended up a Sixer?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
9/23/2021  1:12 PM
Morey is a pain in the ass. Not argue his China comment but it cost the Rockets and the NBA a lot of money. I don't blame him for leaving Rockets as new owner has right to change course. His failed attempt to land Harden was well worth the attempt as his inclusion (if healthy) could have taken Phila over the hump. It was clumsy to isolate Simmons and then Rivers compounds it by throwing him under the bus. Was it deserving? Perhaps. Was it to the determent of the franchise? Yes. Rivers has a big contract. 4 years and 42 mil LEFT! Not fiscally viable. Trading simmons for fair value is best outcome, but Phila lost leverage.
I get why they want him back. Really, what are we talking about? Ben had his feelings hurt?
What if he does come back? What is fan reaction? They boo him at first sign of not kicking ass? They had best record last year.

Rock and a hard place. They in a quandry.

That he was paid .25% of his deal this year with another due at seasons start its not that big a deal. If fined they can doc it going forward and if traded new team gets it back to them. NBA like that.
They could stare him down. I think Ben looks bad enough an will look worse if he does.

smackeddog
9/23/2021  4:14 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Nope!

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
9/23/2021  4:22 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Nope!

I could see a Fox/Hield/Barnes for Simmons/Harris trade.

Not really sure why any teams would bail the Sixers out though.

This is the Randle.
Nalod
USA
9/24/2021  9:27 AM
https://hoopshype.com/rumor/kristaps-porzingis-wanted-to-be-traded-at-the-end-of-last-season/

some KP fun to pile on with…………..
At the end of the day Dallas is an interesting team. New coach who has a reputation of volatility, Doughboy body but the best skilled player on earth, and 5 ex knicks. WE like Reggie, either hate or love Frank, and we all root for KP to rot in misery.
He sulked last year. He is still the petulant miserable sod he was with us. Could he find success still and be happy? That wouldn’t be fun would it?

I don’t want to wish him well or career ending injury. Just a perpetual nagging groin injury to make always a bit unhappy.

KnickDanger

9/24/2021  10:41 AM
Nalod wrote:https://hoopshype.com/rumor/kristaps-porzingis-wanted-to-be-traded-at-the-end-of-last-season/

At the end of the day Dallas is an interesting team. New coach who has a reputation of volatility, Doughboy body but the best skilled player on earth, and 5 ex knicks. WE like Reggie, either hate or love Frank, and we all root for KP to rot in misery.
He sulked last year. He is still the petulant miserable sod he was with us. Could he find success still and be happy? That wouldn’t be fun would it?

I don’t want to wish him well or career ending injury. Just a perpetual nagging groin injury to make always a bit unhappy.

KP fun - ha!

Of course after the Knicks get the lion’s share of my attention I am drawn to any dumpster fire reports from the Mavs (or Nets). KP’s failure brings me happiness, which is sad on my part but there ya go. Barring a near miraculous physical turnaround, I just don’t see him ever being the player he was or we hoped he would be, especially defensively. Where he can step up would start with his attitude. Can he sublimate his ego and game to most benefit the team? He can still shoot which is always of huge value in the NBA. Spread the floor etc. Perhaps Kidd gets him going like that. That wouldn’t shock me. But how soon is there an injury or perceived slight to send him backwards? We shall see!

Nalod
USA
9/24/2021  1:57 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
Nalod wrote:https://hoopshype.com/rumor/kristaps-porzingis-wanted-to-be-traded-at-the-end-of-last-season/

KP fun - ha!

Of course after the Knicks get the lion’s share of my attention I am drawn to any dumpster fire reports from the Mavs (or Nets). KP’s failure brings me happiness, which is sad on my part but there ya go. Barring a near miraculous physical turnaround, I just don’t see him ever being the player he was or we hoped he would be, especially defensively. Where he can step up would start with his attitude. Can he sublimate his ego and game to most benefit the team? He can still shoot which is always of huge value in the NBA. Spread the floor etc. Perhaps Kidd gets him going like that. That wouldn’t shock me. But how soon is there an injury or perceived slight to send him backwards? We shall see!

Im reminded of when Hornachek called him “Pussy”. Jason Kidd could be great with this team but if not it has all kinds of potential drama.
Funny how Kidd now coaches 5 ex knicks. Knicks 2.0. Like in a parallel universe Mavs are knicks but with Doncic and we let Kidd coach. “Man in the The High Castle” ****.
Cube and co. Have a high ceiling potential with this team. Its a low probability but they have a chance.
As long as Randle is Randle, I can handle KP as a swing player who could turn it around for them. If not, we can enjoy the shyt show!

Clean
Member: #743
9/24/2021  2:39 PM

I love the new Knicks. We never have drama anymore. I can get used to this.
KnickDanger

9/24/2021  2:58 PM
Clean wrote:
I love the new Knicks. We never have drama anymore. I can get used to this.

I wonder how much the leadership of Randle may have played into this. As opposed to, say, the leadership on the team in an outer borough.

smackeddog
9/24/2021  5:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/24/2021  5:04 PM

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
9/24/2021  6:24 PM
I don’t know about the rest of you… but I’m ready for the damn season to start!!!

11 days until preseason begins. Even that can’t come soon enough!

smackeddog
9/25/2021  3:34 AM
These interviews with This and Rose have caught us by surprise- media day has essentially started early!
Clean
Member: #743
9/26/2021  5:53 PM

No drama. All they do is work hard.

The official 2021-2022 NBA Season…………….

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy