[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mitchell Robinson found his Man Strength
Author Thread
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
10/13/2021  5:41 PM
No clue about the movie thing, but I love me some Robinson news in any capacity. Can wait to see the big man back on the floor sporting his new quads.
This is the Randle.
AUTOADVERT
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

10/14/2021  6:40 AM
https://www.sny.tv/articles/knicks-tom-thibodeau-positive-update-on-mitchell-robinson

Worth a peek,Thibs on Robinson. It sounds like Thibs is really looking forward to Robinson coming back. He had a lot of positive things to say about the work Mitchell has put in. The highlight for me was him saying "and not just for his defense." that's some lol stuff,Mitchell has the highest single season fg% in NBA history.

MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
10/14/2021  1:52 PM
Mitch changes everything vs. the Hawks this year. We really do need him.

The easy buckets, the big dunks the blocks, definitely will fire up the team. More tough guys the better and sooner or later a trade will open up for Noel and some pieces.

gradyandrew
Member: #8959

10/16/2021  12:47 PM
His deltoids look huge. He's been doing some Giannis type training. Once his timing comes back he will own the paint. Huge.
unstopaball12
Member: #1137
Philippines
10/16/2021  1:24 PM
He found his man strength, now he needs to find his conditioning and his timing
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
10/18/2021  7:24 PM
I think Mitchell should have a couple of goals this season. My picks would have been 1) Stay healthy and 2) improve free throw shooting
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
EwingsGlass
USA
10/19/2021  6:27 PM
Daniel Gafford just got 3 years 39mm. Just saying, 1248…
This is the Randle.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/19/2021  7:25 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:Daniel Gafford just got 3 years 39mm. Just saying, 1248…

Young big men are getting paid. Makes you wonder just how low the positional value for big men really is.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
EwingsGlass
USA
10/19/2021  7:38 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Young big men are getting paid. Makes you wonder just how low the positional value for big men really is.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gaffoda01.html

I don’t really understand that money, if I am being honest.

This is the Randle.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/19/2021  8:32 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gaffoda01.html

I don’t really understand that money, if I am being honest.

Yeah, they couldn't wait to get rid of him Chicago. Wiz are in a strange place and seem content with waddling around in a pool of mediocrity.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/20/2021  6:57 AM

Thats insane, right? Mitch is going to get 80 over 4 if he stays healthy. I don't want to pay that but I don't want to lose him for nothing either
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/20/2021  10:15 AM

Do You think the Wizards are a well run organization?

What kind of contract has Mitch earned since he's been in the NBA?

Leon who has now been on both sides of the negotiation table, has made it crystal clear he is not over paying anybody and he won't be fleeced in any trade.

If the knicks decide to extend him, it will be for a modest 2 yr deal, probably with a team option on the 2nd yr

ES
EwingsGlass
USA
10/20/2021  11:07 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

Leon who has now been on both sides of the negotiation table, has made it crystal clear he is not over paying anybody and he won't be fleeced in any trade.

If the knicks decide to extend him, it will be for a modest 2 yr deal, probably with a team option on the 2nd yr

No, I don't think the Wizards are well run.

True, Leon Rose and the FO have been quite professional in their tenure.

Still not sure where you are getting your opinion on this from. I am just showing you market comparisons for Robinson. If defensive minded centers are getting 13M + for 3 years from other teams, I think they will be hard pressed to get Robinson (a UFA) to sign for less.

We can wait and see, but I had Robinson at 4 years 52MM before, I'm now wondering if that is low based on the Gafford signing. I am not suggesting he gets the 4 years 102mm that JJJ got. But the 3 years 27mm that Noel got and the 4 years 55MM that Richaun Holmes got are certainly forming a market opinion.

This is the Randle.
knicks1248
10/20/2021  1:27 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Still not sure where you are getting your opinion on this from. I am just showing you market comparisons for Robinson. If defensive minded centers are getting 13M + for 3 years from other teams, I think they will be hard pressed to get Robinson (a UFA) to sign for less.

We can wait and see, but I had Robinson at 4 years 52MM before, I'm now wondering if that is low based on the Gafford signing. I am not suggesting he gets the 4 years 102mm that JJJ got. But the 3 years 27mm that Noel got and the 4 years 55MM that Richaun Holmes got are certainly forming a market opinion.

The only franchise paying defensive centers that kind of money are losing franchises (kings and wizards) that can't attract major talent, so they have to over pay like we use to do

Like you saw with noel, injuries will plummet your value( it will make you sue your agent, or fire 4 of them) look at him now, just got a decent salary increase and he's back on the shelf.

ES
EwingsGlass
USA
10/20/2021  1:43 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

The only franchise paying defensive centers that kind of money are losing franchises (kings and wizards) that can't attract major talent, so they have to over pay like we use to do

Like you saw with noel, injuries will plummet your value( it will make you sue your agent, or fire 4 of them) look at him now, just got a decent salary increase and he's back on the shelf.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/rankings/cap-hit/center/

How do you feel about Rudy Gobert, Clint Capela, and/or Jarret Allen? I just don't think you are looking at what starting centers get paid. 18 of of the top 30 are greater than the MLE and those below tend to be either rookie scale contracts or vet min deals due to buyout or ring shopping (or both).

He's gotta earn his contract this season, but I really find it hard to believe he is coming in under the MLE next season.

This is the Randle.
knicks1248
10/20/2021  3:07 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

How do you feel about Rudy Gobert, Clint Capela, and/or Jarret Allen? I just don't think you are looking at what starting centers get paid. 18 of of the top 30 are greater than the MLE and those below tend to be either rookie scale contracts or vet min deals due to buyout or ring shopping (or both).

He's gotta earn his contract this season, but I really find it hard to believe he is coming in under the MLE next season.

Dude you are being completely bias, you know good and well mitch is no where close to having the same impact as any of those guys .

The knicks can extend Mitch today if they wanted to, but they don't seem be in any rush.

Maybe Perry makes a deal for (Bagely for Knox and 2nd round pick) word on the streets is that he is out of the Kings rotation

ES
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/20/2021  4:23 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Dude you are being completely bias, you know good and well mitch is no where close to having the same impact as any of those guys .

The knicks can extend Mitch today if they wanted to, but they don't seem be in any rush.

Maybe Perry makes a deal for (Bagely for Knox and 2nd round pick) word on the streets is that he is out of the Kings rotation

It's always interesting to see some people's fixations at play and I seen enough of your fixation on Robinson to wonder what's really going on here.

Taken in a vacuum, okay, you don't think Robinson is "worth" more a mid-level deal, but then you mix your "messages" by suggesting Marvin Bagley.

Let's establish some facts here:

Marvin Bagley will make $12m this year, so if you suggest the Knicks acquire him, you have to pay him what you consistently argue players of his production aren't worth.

Then you got to send more than Knox to to get him to match salary.

Then he's got a QO of $15m next year and a cap hold of $28m, which yes, can go away but at the cost of making him an UFA.

But more relevantly...

For 3 NBA seasons, he's hasn't been either a healthier, or more productive player than Mitchell Robinson.

He's a demonstratively inferior defensive player, and a much less efficient offensive player. His only advantage he technically takes more varied offensive shots than Robinson, but the trade-off is those more varied shots he takes don't actually go in the basketball in even average frontcourt fashion.

But yes, I already know how you'll reply. Some combination of:

1.) yeah, but he's on the kings.
2.) 3 years ago he was the much more highly thought of player
3.) he has much more "potential"

The problem is he fails the foundation of your fixation with Robinson.

Bagley hasn't improved ... in ANY area ... in three years.

No evidence of time in the gym improving his game.

So look in the mirror if you think whatever your issue with Robinson is is truly basketball related. Because Marvin Bagley doesn't check any box other than 3 year-old draft position bias.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/20/2021  6:26 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

You rarely if ever consider projcting what a player can become. capella and Rudy’s contract were “WTF, really” but they covered it. YOu want the player to be at that level THEN give him the money.
It would be nice, but it don’t always work that way. You play a convenient game but you suck at it.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/21/2021  7:01 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

maybe you should look at where those players were at the same age and career points as Mitch and come back to me armed with some actual info rather than the finger you just scratched your ass with and took a good long deep whiff from
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/21/2021  7:08 PM
and that my friends is a prime example of the debating skills that separate the elite of this world from you and me
Mitchell Robinson found his Man Strength

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy