[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Summer League: Lakers up next 8/11 10pm
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

8/12/2021  1:05 PM
Quickley also kept the team organized and talking on the court. He and Obi have clearly improved

i thought most guys actually played pretty well, and i'll give credit to the Lakers too. they had a bunch of nobodies but they played hard and didn't quit

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

8/12/2021  1:28 PM
- obviously hard to complain about deuce —- under control like a badger on D and stroke looks ver solid (like his little post game as well)
- IQ is score 1st, score 2nd but kid is fearless and despite not being a natural PG avg around 8per game so far
- Obi — he is so skilled but he needs to 1) slow down and 2) occasionally just pull up and shoot a 15 footer rather than crashing into 3 guys
- Grimes just needs to knock down a few more shots - he is defending hard/smart, rebounding like a beast and playing a smart all around game. This is a kid who struggled with expectations at KU so could be struggling with confidence. Sometimes unselfish kids try to be too perfect
- Sims - I though officiating was brutal calling him for a few tick/tack calls. Love the way he goes for everything with 2 hands and despite low rebounding numbers he is getting his hands on lots of shots and to a degree he has 2 or 3 bodies on him
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
8/12/2021  1:36 PM
LivingLegend wrote:- obviously hard to complain about deuce —- under control like a badger on D and stroke looks ver solid (like his little post game as well)
- IQ is score 1st, score 2nd but kid is fearless and despite not being a natural PG avg around 8per game so far
- Obi — he is so skilled but he needs to 1) slow down and 2) occasionally just pull up and shoot a 15 footer rather than crashing into 3 guys
- Grimes just needs to knock down a few more shots - he is defending hard/smart, rebounding like a beast and playing a smart all around game. This is a kid who struggled with expectations at KU so could be struggling with confidence. Sometimes unselfish kids try to be too perfect
- Sims - I though officiating was brutal calling him for a few tick/tack calls. Love the way he goes for everything with 2 hands and despite low rebounding numbers he is getting his hands on lots of shots and to a degree he has 2 or 3 bodies on him

I like that you notice Grimes played well last night. If he hits 1 or 2 more open 3's many others would have noticed as well. Even if he does not find his shot for awhile he can still help us a lot. After Mitch got injured we had big problems rebounding the ball. 9 rebounds from a SG would do wonders for us. I would also like to mention McBride had 7 rebounds for a PG!

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
8/12/2021  1:38 PM
Yeah Thibs is at these games and it seems like his emphasis to Obi and Quickley is to be leaders out there- they are the vets on the summer league team and he wants to see how they carry themselves on the court given their firm position on the team. Good to see that reflect back on the court.
Summer League: Lakers up next 8/11 10pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy