[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

new summer league game on Monday versus Pacers - added by the NBA!! 8/9 2pm
Author Thread
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
8/9/2021  3:29 PM
Right now we are learning some things. Miles is the 3rd string PG. Sims will be the 3rd/4th Center depending on if Thibs plays Taj and the 5. Quick wont be a PG in the NBA but I like that he is learning about being the PNR ball handler because that will help him attack the defense as the secondary ball handler. He has used the defensive gravity from sims being there to unlock is float game.
AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
8/9/2021  3:32 PM
Clean wrote:Rokas has look a little shaky at times but it seems to me like he tries to make the right play. He will get over the nerves.

He does. Also very high IQ. On one play, him, Grimes and another player were on the opposite side at the 3 point line. He ran to the lane to collapse the defenders to open up Grimes. Grimes missed the open 3 but I like that he know how to play.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
8/9/2021  3:33 PM
Obi really worked on that 3 shot
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

8/9/2021  3:36 PM
Absolutely love how Immanuel Quickley bounced back from an embarrassing game yesterday to an A+ awesome performance today.

Signs of a mentally tough kid who doesn't get too down on himself or quit on himself.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/9/2021  3:38 PM
NYKMentality wrote:Absolutely love how Immanuel Quickley bounced back from an embarrassing game yesterday to an A+ awesome performance today.

Signs of a mentally tough kid who doesn't get too down on himself or quit on himself.

His game is streaky but he can get whatever he wants at this level which is what you want to see.

blkexec
Member: #748
8/9/2021  3:46 PM
I missed the game. Can't watch at work. So keep the play by play going.

From the 1st game, I said Miles is legit and could be our best PG defender. Looks like he's playing well.

Glad IQ is coming around. I think in this system, the PG is also the SG and the SG is also the PG. In fact, I think everybody is a PG, except the centers. All depends on the offensive play. Kemba will be getting those passes from Randle....and other times, he will be a playmaker. Seems like our guards are all interchangeable. Most players on the roster can play multiple positions, which is great flexibility for Thibs. Should be a fun season.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/9/2021  3:48 PM
blkexec wrote:I missed the game. Can't watch at work. So keep the play by play going.

From the 1st game, I said Miles is legit and could be our best PG defender. Looks like he's playing well.

Glad IQ is coming around. I think in this system, the PG is also the SG and the SG is also the PG. In fact, I think everybody is a PG, except the centers. All depends on the offensive play. Kemba will be getting those passes from Randle....and other times, he will be a playmaker. Seems like our guards are all interchangeable. Most players on the roster can play multiple positions, which is great flexibility for Thibs. Should be a fun season.

Miles is legit. IQ stepped up and dominated. Rokas played nervous but looks like there may be something there. Vildoza considering his age may not make the roster.

Clean
Member: #743
8/9/2021  3:57 PM
I loved Miles from the 1st tape I ever saw on him. I love that he is balling. Quick had a great game today. Obi started bad but ended up turning things around some. Sims did not have as noteworthy of a game as last game but that not looking into how he helped others score. A majority of those quick floaters was because of Sims defender stopping the lob.
blkexec
Member: #748
8/9/2021  4:58 PM
Nice summary....Thanks
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
8/9/2021  5:00 PM
Jericho still hasn't missed a shot!
I'm excited about McBride. His offensive game is a bit better than advertised. He has the mid range J and he can go to the basket. He has a confident playing style.

Vildoza I'm worried about - it looks like just shoots 3s and not much else, going back to what I saw in the Olympic period. I don't know how he fits with this team - maybe we trade his rights?

CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

8/9/2021  5:17 PM
Knixkik wrote:
blkexec wrote:I missed the game. Can't watch at work. So keep the play by play going.

Miles is legit. IQ stepped up and dominated. Rokas played nervous but looks like there may be something there. Vildoza considering his age may not make the roster.

MUCH too early to really evaluate him, but Vildoza has played like Frank in that he has made no attempt to assert himself.

Knicks have a lot of guards...and McBride looks like a baller. I can't see Vildoza being in the mix, though they may want to see what he shows in pre-season, unless we see any players in SL we might want to pick up if that is possible.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
NYKMentality

8/9/2021  5:29 PM
After starting off 0-1 and now 1-1....

Is there any chance we can still qualify for the playoffs or no?

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/9/2021  7:14 PM
NYKMentality wrote:After starting off 0-1 and now 1-1....

Is there a playoffs?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
8/9/2021  7:48 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Is there a playoffs?

Yes, sort of. Everyone plays 4 games.
THEN... The two teams with the best records will play a championship game (there's also a list of tie breakers and what not).
Every other team will play some form of seeded 5th "consolation" game.

I think this format is most fair so every single team plays 5 games. Every team gets the burn they need. It seemed silly for the losing team to stop playing games like they did in RJ's rookie year - the bad teams are the ones that need the most real game work!

https://www.nba.com/news/mgm-resorts-nba-summer-league-format-summary
https://www.nba.com/summer-league/2021/vegas/schedule

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
VDesai
USA
8/9/2021  8:01 PM
technomaster wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Is there a playoffs?

THEN... The two teams with the best records will play a championship game (there's also a list of tie breakers and what not).

I think this format is most fair so every single team plays 5 games. Every team gets the burn they need. It seemed silly for the losing team to stop playing games like they did in RJ's rookie year - the bad teams are the ones that need the most real game work!

Why'd the Knicks get this extra game today? Does that mean they will play 6?

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
8/9/2021  8:28 PM
VDesai wrote:
technomaster wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Is there a playoffs?

Why'd the Knicks get this extra game today? Does that mean they will play 6?

Pacers/Wizards got cancelled cause the Wiz had Covid protocol.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/08/sport/nba-wizards-pacers-summer-league-postponed-coronavirus/index.html

I think the Knicks are just getting an extra game in. From all I have read, Pacers and Knicks both had a scheduled day off and the Knicks took the extra game to fill the Pacers schedule.

This is the Randle.
VDesai
USA
8/9/2021  8:36 PM
Cool I hope the extra game means the Knicks take at least one of the games to get a longer look at Luka and Rokas. Not to say I don't enjoy watching IQ, but he is a rotation guy. Feel like we should see what we have in the other two guys before they get sent back to Europe or packing.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

8/9/2021  8:42 PM
Knixkik wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:Absolutely love how Immanuel Quickley bounced back from an embarrassing game yesterday to an A+ awesome performance today.

His game is streaky but he can get whatever he wants at this level which is what you want to see.

Yep, he was very hit or miss last year too. He can light you up or be a complete non-factor
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
NYKMentality

8/9/2021  8:50 PM
technomaster wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Is there a playoffs?

Does 4-1 you think give us a chance at the Championship game or do you think only 5-0 teams get in?

unstopaball12
Member: #1137
Philippines
8/9/2021  10:11 PM
I think roku will look better in an organized setting, but he needs to get stronger. He struggled on D last game.
new summer league game on Monday versus Pacers - added by the NBA!! 8/9 2pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy