Author Thread
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

6/2/2021  10:32 PM
Philc1 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
TPercy wrote:Can’t wait till Frank is off this team. Sick of hearing about why a borderline negative sum player isn’t getting burn during crucial playoff minutes.

Yeah because watching Bullock and Rose get circles run around them is great

What about Frank isn’t good at basketball do you not understand?

He’s a pretty good defender. Sure.. but he can’t create his own shot, get to the rim, or shoot consistently enough. His handle sucks, and although he’s a decent passer, he has horrible feel for a PG where he dosent know when to create or shoot the ball. He’s not going to be in the league next year man ****s not that complicated. No hate...he’s just not good enough.

Benching the best perimeter defender the entire series against Trae. Brilliant strategy

Let’s get another “Frank sucks lolz”

Cmon man you aren’t being fair. You know he gives you nothing offensively.

The Future is Bright!
AUTOADVERT
WP76
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4508

6/2/2021  10:49 PM
Frank or no Frank, the Hawks are light years ahead of us and showed just how much ground we have to make up. Hint: it's a lot.
fwk00
Member: #6048

6/2/2021  11:00 PM
TPercy wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
TPercy wrote:Can’t wait till Frank is off this team. Sick of hearing about why a borderline negative sum player isn’t getting burn during crucial playoff minutes.

He’s a pretty good defender. Sure.. but he can’t create his own shot, get to the rim, or shoot consistently enough. His handle sucks, and although he’s a decent passer, he has horrible feel for a PG where he dosent know when to create or shoot the ball. He’s not going to be in the league next year man ****s not that complicated. No hate...he’s just not good enough.

Benching the best perimeter defender the entire series against Trae. Brilliant strategy

Yeah. Frank gives you nothing offensively unlike... name_a_wallflower.

Coaching malpractice to nail Frankie to the bench in this series. Thibs loves the loyalty he gets from playing his boys whether they have it or not. Not won.

Kemet
Member: #6148

6/2/2021  11:07 PM
After watching the 5th awful Knicks postseason game ....

Burks, Bullocks, Taj, and D.Rose are KEEPERS !!!
Noel got to go!
Barrett must be traded on draft night.
Randle could be traded in the offseason.
And we need to hire an assistant coach like Nate McMillan in the offseason !!!

Sambakick
Member: #5646

6/2/2021  11:09 PM
Why does Noel need to go after playing with an ankle injury since Game1?
Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
Kemet

6/2/2021  11:11 PM
buddapaw wrote:Piss poor coaching job by Tibs especially on substitutions and lack of trying to find a spark from anywhere. You know try something different, bench the starters, insert Frank anything instead of pounding the ball into Randle who is a shell of himself

Piss Poor Coaching is the exact words for Thibs playoff coaching !!!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/2/2021  11:39 PM
Nalod wrote:Love the confidence, Yes.
Seems we are a bit poser on this series. Fake ass knick fans acting the fool is not the real deal.
Tough guy thing did not work. Knicks did not intimidate the hawks.
I like RJ’s resolve but calling out berman (who I don’t love) out when he knows damn well he has a job to do in that manner was not becoming.
All I can say is we better win because all this talk is spitting in the wind if they don’t back it up. In a few days it all blows over and we can go back to “We need a star” or stop our feet hissy fit to “I want Cade! We DESERVE CADE”..........and the simple
“Throw in IQ as a sweetener” to make it happen!

I’m human, 1-3 its not a question of wanting to believe. I’m not confident. Don’t make me a bad fan. I’m not getting paid. I’m watching, I’m cheering and will continue until its over. Either tonite or when they hoist a chip, I’m cheering!!!!

Remember when Spurs hip checked Nash and beat the suns? That was tough basketball. That was resolve over talent. I expect a Thibs team to show some of that but not with words, but deeds. Still have to put the ball in the basket.

So RJ had perhaps his first “dick” moment with Berman. He need to man up and apologize. Not for losing. Just for posturing his frustration toward media. They have a job to do and there are better ways to handle it.
I thought the Knicks played hard. When Rose tank ran empty so did the knicks. Thibs wrung out what he could from this team. ATL perhaps double dog dared DRose to defeat them by cutting off Randle.
WE saw the knicks vulnerable spot because the heart of the team was Randle.

Kemet

6/2/2021  11:52 PM
fwk00 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

Yeah. Frank gives you nothing offensively unlike... name_a_wallflower.

Coaching malpractice to nail Frankie to the bench in this series. Thibs loves the loyalty he gets from playing his boys whether they have it or not. Not won.

Thibs letting Randle facilitate the ball as a PG on practically every offensive possession for 40 minute per game are the reason veteran D.Rose refuse to be a starter in the regular season games. D.Rose did that done that with PG Carmelo Anthony. Which got Phil FIRED!

I liked the pass first Frank, who we should've put in a lineup alongside D.Rose or Quickley in the regular season. But Leon Rose put chains on Frank's playing-time.
10 yr vet Burks should've replace Payton in the starter lineup for some games, plus replace Barrett in the starter lineup in some games. Barrett and Payton overall talent are not a Starter nor are they a Finisher in the final 5 min of a game !!!

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/3/2021  12:29 AM
Kemet wrote:After watching the 5th awful Knicks postseason game ....

Noel got to go!

So you’d keep the role players but trade the 2 top players. You realize we build role players around stars and not stars around role players, right?

But hey, if we take the next step without mortgaging everything, I’m down.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/3/2021  1:44 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:

Noel got to go!

So you’d keep the role players but trade the 2 top players. You realize we build role players around stars and not stars around role players, right?

I'm not convinced RJ will ever be a star and I'm open to putting him in a package to obtain one. I'm not saying RJ has to go, but the front office needs to decide what direction it's going. Do they keep chasing after postseason glory or do they realize this team has a lot of issues and isn't worth investing heavy resources in at this time? I say they hold tight, punt on next season and see what opens up.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Gudris
Member: #6213

6/3/2021  2:16 AM
It`s a sad sad situation, but at least we can watch Porzingis now
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/3/2021  6:14 AM
Is is sad.

It’s also very anticlimactic, not because we lost, but because we looked totally different from the regular season. We honestly folded and couldn’t escape the worst part of us. It looked so bad at the end, it seemed like we just cheated on NBA 2K and made the playoffs as a lottery team. It was really bad.

Not only that, their mental toughness was questioned and in the end it was trashed. The Hawks plunked is and we responded in embarrassing ways.

It’s a tough way to end the season because while the regular season gave me the impression that we were close to having something special, this end makes me feel we are just a lottery team that got really lucky in wins, but is so far from real contention. Honestly, and this might be bitterness speaking but still, I’d rather we lost in the play-in tournament and ended up in the lottery than this really bad ending.

I have no trust in Randle long term, no trust in Thibs being worth a long term stay either, very down on RJ and very down on the idea of being a piece away. A piece? We practically have to start by getting two stars only to make up for the “pretending stars” we have.

Knicks_Fan
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/3/2021  7:18 AM
Gudris wrote:It`s a sad sad situation, but at least we can watch Porzingis now

aka the invisible man- watched the condensed game on league pass and I think he featured on one play total

Gudris
Member: #6213

6/3/2021  7:51 AM
smackeddog wrote:
Gudris wrote:It`s a sad sad situation, but at least we can watch Porzingis now

aka the invisible man- watched the condensed game on league pass and I think he featured on one play total

Patience my friend, patience
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

6/3/2021  9:34 AM
Nalod wrote:
Nalod wrote:Love the confidence, Yes.
Seems we are a bit poser on this series. Fake ass knick fans acting the fool is not the real deal.
Tough guy thing did not work. Knicks did not intimidate the hawks.
I like RJ’s resolve but calling out berman (who I don’t love) out when he knows damn well he has a job to do in that manner was not becoming.
All I can say is we better win because all this talk is spitting in the wind if they don’t back it up. In a few days it all blows over and we can go back to “We need a star” or stop our feet hissy fit to “I want Cade! We DESERVE CADE”..........and the simple
“Throw in IQ as a sweetener” to make it happen!

I’m human, 1-3 its not a question of wanting to believe. I’m not confident. Don’t make me a bad fan. I’m not getting paid. I’m watching, I’m cheering and will continue until its over. Either tonite or when they hoist a chip, I’m cheering!!!!

Remember when Spurs hip checked Nash and beat the suns? That was tough basketball. That was resolve over talent. I expect a Thibs team to show some of that but not with words, but deeds. Still have to put the ball in the basket.

So RJ had perhaps his first “dick” moment with Berman. He need to man up and apologize. Not for losing. Just for posturing his frustration toward media. They have a job to do and there are better ways to handle it.
I thought the Knicks played hard. When Rose tank ran empty so did the knicks. Thibs wrung out what he could from this team. ATL perhaps double dog dared DRose to defeat them by cutting off Randle.
WE saw the knicks vulnerable spot because the heart of the team was Randle.

Berman is a piece of ****. Don’t feel bad for him one bit.

The Future is Bright!
Swishfm3
Member: #392
6/3/2021  12:38 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

Noel got to go!

I'm not convinced RJ will ever be a star and I'm open to putting him in a package to obtain one. I'm not saying RJ has to go, but the front office needs to decide what direction it's going. Do they keep chasing after postseason glory or do they realize this team has a lot of issues and isn't worth investing heavy resources in at this time? I say they hold tight, punt on next season and see what opens up.

I agree...I don't believe RJ will ever be a STAR but he is certainly an NBA STARTER and a piece you hold on to as long as you can.

Kemet is overreacting a bit. This series proves that our focus should be at PG this offseason. Noel is a great BACKUP center but he brings nothing to the table offensively so, for the type of money he is going to be demanding this offseason, I say let him go too

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

6/3/2021  1:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/3/2021  1:25 PM
If there are any takeaways from these playoffs, mine are:

1) We need a longer bench and fewer regular season minutes for our leaders
2) We need an SF/SG with ability to create own shot and consistent from the long range. Bullock and Burks got exposed as the stopgaps that they are.
3) We need to be three-deep at center, preferably add someone able to hit a 10-foot shot, to go with Mitch and Noel
4) Thibs needs a scheme to stop a midget PG like Trae from scoring at will by working him harder and exposing him defensively on the other end. Match him with a bigger guard who will take him in the post. How freakin' hard was it to figure it out? Watch how Philly does it, in case of any doubt.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/3/2021  1:34 PM
ESOMKnicks wrote:If there are any takeaways from these playoffs, mine are:

1) We need a longer bench and fewer regular season minutes for our leaders
2) We need an SF/SG with ability to create own shot and consistent from the long range. Bullock and Burks got exposed as the stopgaps that they are.
3) We need to be three-deep at center, preferably add someone able to hit a 10-foot shot, to go with Mitch and Noel
4) Thibs needs a scheme to stop a midget PG like Trae from scoring at will by working him harder and exposing him defensively on the other end. Match him with a bigger guard who will take him in the post. How freakin' hard was it to figure it out? Watch how Philly does it, in case of any doubt.

This is like the whole league, right? Not just Thibs? Trae young and his PnR skills are elite, unless you disagree.

Knicks were down their usual C's. And Elf was giving them nothing.

What are the other options to make Trae work that also don't take away from what else you are trying to do?

Everything needs to start with not playing Bullock cause that's where Atlanta was hiding him the most.

And then you need to change your entire offense that you have ridden the entire year for this playoff series.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

6/3/2021  2:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/3/2021  2:15 PM
martin wrote:

This is like the whole league, right? Not just Thibs? Trae young and his PnR skills are elite, unless you disagree.

Knicks were down their usual C's. And Elf was giving them nothing.

What are the other options to make Trae work that also don't take away from what else you are trying to do?

Everything needs to start with not playing Bullock cause that's where Atlanta was hiding him the most.

And then you need to change your entire offense that you have ridden the entire year for this playoff series.

Exactly. If you cannot stop the guy's elite shooting and PnR, then exploit him as a defensive liability. And, yes, you do adapt your offense to your opponent. That is how you win in the playoffs.

Whether or not it is the whole league, I guess we will see in Philly.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/3/2021  5:12 PM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Playoff Gamethread #5: Still Believe

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy