[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Knicks heading to Boston, 730
Author Thread
Jimbo5
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8854

4/7/2021  11:01 PM
Not surprised with the loss. It seems like the same old same old. Maybe when its 5 games left in the season Thibs will finally think hard and maybe consider a roster rotation adjustment.
AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Member: #6197

4/7/2021  11:09 PM
that sucked. I live in Boston. Would have loved the W

we are so goddamn close to winning these close ones. a bit of development from some guys, and another good playr and we make the next leg up

(5)(5)
Kemet
Member: #6148

4/8/2021  12:31 AM
PresIke wrote:
Caseloads wrote:
PresIke wrote:I'm not happy but not doom and gloom.

Winning is a process. We have not been anything remotely resembling a winning team so this is what you have to go through, learn and assess who is worth staying or going.

You gotta develop the youths. Playing vets who will not be here in 2 years is a total waste. Playing Gibson (despite a great plus minus tonight) over Toppin, Knox and Quick is a mistake.

I hear you but I think Gibson is "a glue guy" who does things that is good for the young players to see. He's been really huge for us and no way we're where we are without him.

Obi starting to get some time. Knox, we'll see, and I hear it may not be the end just yet. He clearly has to earn it and Thibs I sense likes to challenge players he thinks need it.

If we throw out Obi and Knox we'd be far worse.

RJ is playing and playing greaT! This was arguably his best game.

Gibson has been the only veteran player that gives the Knicks young-core players confidence when they are in the same lineup as Gibson.
So far, the Knicks coaching-staff did nothing to improve the growth of the Knicks young-core players in the Knicks 2020-21 season. DanG !!!

The Knicks coaching-staff (Woodson?Payton) should've took some time to develop a same-page 2nd unit lineup of Frank, Quickley, Knox, Obi, and Taj Gibson in the Knicks past 25 games.
Having a well rounded 10-Man rotation to enter the playoff does create optimism

Kemet
Member: #6148

4/8/2021  12:39 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Caseloads wrote:

Winning is a process. We have not been anything remotely resembling a winning team so this is what you have to go through, learn and assess who is worth staying or going.

You gotta develop the youths. Playing vets who will not be here in 2 years is a total waste. Playing Gibson (despite a great plus minus tonight) over Toppin, Knox and Quick is a mistake.

Did you see Toppin in there tonight? He is so soft. Needs to work on his game this off-season. Knox had his chance. Seen that movie ending before. Quick maybe. But defense is first right? and the guy's Thibs had out there were playing plenty of it. Just a frustrating loss. And those have lots of what-ifs.

Our defense gave-up 18 points of Celtics 42 points on 2nd chance shots .. Unacceptable defense !!!

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/8/2021  5:46 AM
HoustonSprewell84 wrote:After this game we are 1-10 in division games, that’s disgraceful

The last 5 we managed to lose by a total of 13 points

It seems like we lose every game decided 3 points or less.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/8/2021  6:30 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
HoustonSprewell84 wrote:After this game we are 1-10 in division games, that’s disgraceful

We are what we are: coached well-enough to compete but not talented enough to jump on good teams consistently.

This constant losing of close games is killing the good vibes of the season and this “play-in run”. This team needs a winning streak urgently, but it’s hard to see it happen.

Knicks_Fan
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/8/2021  7:22 AM
Knicksfan wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

We are what we are: coached well-enough to compete but not talented enough to jump on good teams consistently.

This constant losing of close games is killing the good vibes of the season and this “play-in run”. This team needs a winning streak urgently, but it’s hard to see it happen.

There are some decent complimentry pieces here. The question is can we keep enough of them on cheap deals till were able to get a superstar guard. First test for the front office is Mitch.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/8/2021  8:03 AM
This team goes as Randle and RJ goes. RJ was on but for some reason got frozen out in some parts of the 3rd. I know I am a broken record but this starts with the PG. Payton just doesn't fit with RJ. Plus he sucks. Thibs needs to remove him from the rotation.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

4/8/2021  9:26 AM
Kemet wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Caseloads wrote:

Did you see Toppin in there tonight? He is so soft. Needs to work on his game this off-season. Knox had his chance. Seen that movie ending before. Quick maybe. But defense is first right? and the guy's Thibs had out there were playing plenty of it. Just a frustrating loss. And those have lots of what-ifs.

Our defense gave-up 18 points of Celtics 42 points on 2nd chance shots .. Unacceptable defense !!!

True. But leave out the fact that happened in first half when Cs only scored 47. So effectively the Knicks D would have held them to 29pts. Pretty good D. They also were much better with that in 2nd half. Not to mention that can be blamed on the 4 and 5 play. Who should we have put in at 5 for instead?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/8/2021  9:52 AM
Saw the game turn with 4 minutes left. Boston is a better team despite the close records. One team is underperforming and we are outperforming. Rose could not convert and is showing his limitations. Maybe covid hanger, maybe just were he is. Randle got us but so far and is playing banged up.
Close games are small moral victories but demonstrates good coaching to keep us close. Our defensive rebounding was god awful.
IQ is mistake prone and this coach does not let his rook’s ferment into bad habits. If Thibs is in Knox’s head, and Obi’s its possible IQ is being held to a higher standard as part of his growth and Thibs is doing what he does. Maybe KAT and Wiggins had the clout to start and “have fun” but we don’t do that.

What did I walk away with? RJ Barrett is just getting better and better all the time. His consistency is near boring but what a game that was last night. Kid is cool and calm and is without a lot of fanfare getting it done.
IQ is dealing with some rookie shyt and Payton as bad as advertised is just steady in his own right.
Our guard issues are not getting addressed and I commend knicks for not doing anything stupid to put a band aid on it at the price of a future asset.

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

4/8/2021  11:36 AM
All right!!! Knicks now just one game out of the lottery. Well done!!! Now rooting for San Anton to exact some revenge on the Nuggets this weekend. And then: welcome to 0.5% odds for Cade. Loving our chances!

If you dream of winning the lottery, start by buying a damn ticket!

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

4/8/2021  11:46 AM
At this point one is making peace with the fact that we losing to teams that we had no buisness beating coming into the season.
The Future is Bright!
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/8/2021  1:11 PM
I like it better when we win and am sad to see tank talk return.
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

4/8/2021  4:09 PM
Papabear Says

When the draft comes up we better pick all pure shooters that can shoot from anywhere on the court. Strew Thibs his defense and half court slow down. That's part of the reason we have low defense point average. We slow the game down.

Papabear
GameThread: Knicks heading to Boston, 730

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy