Member: #2
USA
3/4/2021  9:48 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/4/2021  9:51 PM
Satisfying win, cant believe we're in 5th. To be honest, I havent checked our standings this much since the 54 win season.

RJ plays like some 60s throwback. But he can still drive and score on practically anyone. Shows a player can still be very effective, without elite burst.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
USA
3/4/2021  9:51 PM
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/4/2021  9:56 PM
GustavBahler wrote:I heard that they had secretly replaced Frank with a cyborg, but I didnt believe them. No hesitation in his stroke, isnt overthinking things. Game looks fun for him now.

Will say it again, we would be out of a playoff hunt if we didnt have Noel filling in for Mitch. If we trade one of them, I really hope its for a legit 2 way big. Has to be a very good reason to trade one of them. Just offense isnt a good enough reason.

Glad Payton is back starting. I could hear Uptown doing cartwheels from here. Whatever the reason, glad Rose is getting some rest, after the heavy minutes. Would be great if he had something in the tank for a playoff run. Besides, Payton starting isnt costing us games.

I think Noel is the one who's been replaced with cyborg. I think he equaled all of minutes last season in the past two games.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/4/2021  10:02 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:I heard that they had secretly replaced Frank with a cyborg, but I didnt believe them. No hesitation in his stroke, isnt overthinking things. Game looks fun for him now.

Will say it again, we would be out of a playoff hunt if we didnt have Noel filling in for Mitch. If we trade one of them, I really hope its for a legit 2 way big. Has to be a very good reason to trade one of them. Just offense isnt a good enough reason.

Glad Payton is back starting. I could hear Uptown doing cartwheels from here. Whatever the reason, glad Rose is getting some rest, after the heavy minutes. Would be great if he had something in the tank for a playoff run. Besides, Payton starting isnt costing us games.

I think Noel is the one who's been replaced with cyborg. I think he equaled all of minutes last season in the past two games.

As Jmpasq pointed out, we sign Mitch and Noel, we're covered at Center. Hope the FO can make it work. Should be a priority IMO. Especially important for a defensive minded team. They will chip in more offensively with a real floor general.

martin
USA
3/4/2021  10:40 PM
Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

3/5/2021  12:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/5/2021  12:32 AM
Jimbo5 wrote:The second unit was out of rythm.that could happen when the starting line up gets 30+ minutes

I would've been a happy-camper if the 2nd unit won the 2nd-half of the game.
Thibs were stingy with the minute tonite to all the bench-players (except Burks).
Woodson must be to busy fixin the starters, having NO time for the 2nd-unit players .. Rivers? Knox? Frank? and MitchRob?

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/5/2021  6:05 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

As Jmpasq pointed out, we sign Mitch and Noel, we're covered at Center. Hope the FO can make it work. Should be a priority IMO. Especially important for a defensive minded team. They will chip in more offensively with a real floor general.

Noel will be 27 in a month. Still young enough to be part of this core of players. Stop with the roster turnover. Let these player grow together for at least another year. If the oppurtunity arises for an elite wing or PG we should pounce but for now stay the course
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

3/5/2021  8:15 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/5/2021  8:25 AM

LOL....This was one of his best games all year mainly because he was efficient. I will give credit when its due but still not a fan. For someone that's supposed to be a distributor, he calls his own number way too much for me and misses wide open teammates on kick-outs.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/5/2021  9:36 AM
Uptown wrote:

LOL....This was one of his best games all year mainly because he was efficient. I will give credit when its due but still not a fan. For someone that's supposed to be a distributor, he calls his own number way too much for me and misses wide open teammates on kick-outs.

He still impacts the game regardless if he shoots well or not, Rebounds, gets to the free throw line, steals, assist and +17.

Thats why I'm not high on frank, because despite him shooting well, he had zero assist, zero rebounds, zero steals, zero FTA, resulting in a -7 rating, the only person on the roster with a minus (aside from quickly who did have a couple rebounds and assist).

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/5/2021  10:37 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Uptown wrote:

He still impacts the game regardless if he shoots well or not, Rebounds, gets to the free throw line, steals, assist and +17.

Thats why I'm not high on frank, because despite him shooting well, he had zero assist, zero rebounds, zero steals, zero FTA, resulting in a -7 rating, the only person on the roster with a minus (aside from quickly who did have a couple rebounds and assist).

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
knicks1248
Member: #582
3/5/2021  10:39 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Uptown wrote:

that was a awesome play but
F. NtilikinaPG 13 3-4 3-3 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 -4 9

ES
newyorknewyork
3/5/2021  12:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/5/2021  12:24 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Uptown wrote:

I like even more the lack emotion and pure focus at the end.

There is probably hours of film on Frank since his rookie yr breaking down his impact on the floor away from the stat sheet. Knicks film school has done tons of videos on it over the years. If he is knocking down 3s to go together with that then its all good. Your evaluation isn't one to take seriously which is why I posted the gif instead. And in the game thread at the other board. Through out the game, posters were offering random praise for the defensive effort Frank was contributing. As watched in real time.

Frank enters the game at 2.22 left in the first with the Knicks up 28-25. Frank leases with 5.20 left in the 2nd with the Knicks up 43-38 while contributing to 9 of the 15pts scored during this time frame for the 9mins he played. Frank came in at the start of the 4th with the Knicks up 19pts 93-74. Pistons go on a 8-2 run for the 4mins Noel, Obi, Burks, Frank, Quickley played until subs were made(Randle came in at 3mins for Obi).

Runs get made in the NBA especially at a 19pt lead. Frank's -7 is more of a reflection of the 8-2 run during a game that was pretty much looking over. For a 4min time span. Not really something that holds a ton of weight, if we were to measure it. If it was a constant trend where every time Frank came in leads were getting lost then you would be on to something.

As it stands looks more like your just scrambling looking for an angle to justify.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

3/5/2021  12:48 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Uptown wrote:

I like even more the lack emotion and pure focus at the end.

There is probably hours of film on Frank since his rookie yr breaking down his impact on the floor away from the stat sheet. Knicks film school has done tons of videos on it over the years. If he is knocking down 3s to go together with that then its all good. Your evaluation isn't one to take seriously which is why I posted the gif instead. And in the game thread at the other board. Through out the game, posters were offering random praise for the defensive effort Frank was contributing. As watched in real time.

Frank enters the game at 2.22 left in the first with the Knicks up 28-25. Frank leases with 5.20 left in the 2nd with the Knicks up 43-38 while contributing to 9 of the 15pts scored during this time frame for the 9mins he played. Frank came in at the start of the 4th with the Knicks up 19pts 93-74. Pistons go on a 8-2 run for the 4mins Noel, Obi, Burks, Frank, Quickley played until subs were made(Randle came in at 3mins for Obi).

Runs get made in the NBA especially at a 19pt lead. Frank's -7 is more of a reflection of the 8-2 run during a game that was pretty much looking over. For a 4min time span. Not really something that holds a ton of weight, if we were to measure it. If it was a constant trend where every time Frank came in leads were getting lost then you would be on to something.

As it stands looks more like your just scrambling looking for an angle to justify.

. Exactly I agree with your assessments Frank as well as your last sentence about looking for an angle even when it makes no sense 😂
newyorknewyork
3/5/2021  1:02 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
. Exactly I agree with your assessments Frank as well as your last sentence about looking for an angle even when it makes no sense 😂

I agree with your assessment of my assessment!

martin
USA
3/5/2021  1:20 PM

martin
USA
3/5/2021  1:31 PM
Can someone tell me how that last 3 point shot is not like 2 fouls?

Also, the confidence with which Frank takes those step backs is a sight to behold

GameThread: Knicks host Detroit, 730pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy