[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Knicks visit Spurs, 830pm
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/2/2021  10:49 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Curious to see IQ's numbers, and Steph Curry's, his rookie year.

Steph was better across the board. I'm not sure how much IQ closes the gap if you adjust by minutes or possessions.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

3/2/2021  11:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/2/2021  11:17 PM
Panos wrote:
Kemet wrote:Frank's hot hand in the 3rd qtr. suppose to get him 30 + minutes of playing-time tonight.
Thibs is crazy !!!

Shot well. Zero assists?

Our big head allstar Randle hog the point on every offensive-possession like our Ex-Bum Melo used to do every game .. that's why we kept screaming we need a PG every season Melo was a Knicks.
Now Randle head is SWOLLEN!
Randle is not Draymond Green. Nor is Randle a decent point-forward, unless you add his performance tonight.
And Thibs went a long with Randle TRYING to be the PG on every offensive-possession tonight ..
We had No Rose, No Payton, No Rivers tonight to play PG, and Thibs & Randle REFUSE to let Frank play the point, or give Frank his first 30 minute game this season.
After watching tonight game the rumors are true, Leon & Thibs has plans on trading Frank !!!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/2/2021  11:18 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
Panos wrote:
Kemet wrote:Frank's hot hand in the 3rd qtr. suppose to get him 30 + minutes of playing-time tonight.
Thibs is crazy !!!
Shot well. Zero assists?
Offense didn't run through him. He was a 3 and D guy in today's offense

He is a 3 and D guy and you need a legit PG playing along side him and the Knicks didn't tonight

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Kemet

3/2/2021  11:25 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Curious to see IQ's numbers, and Steph Curry's, his rookie year.

Steph was better across the board. I'm not sure how much IQ closes the gap if you adjust by minutes or possessions.

In IQ rookie season his performance has been an offensive threat to win games ..
Steph Curry performance did not become an offensive-threat to win games, until after his first season playing alongside Klay Thompson under coach Mark Jackson decision-making.

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
3/2/2021  11:34 PM

Curry played 36.2mpg as a rookie. Quickley is averaging less 18.6.

Per 36, Quickley is a superior scorer (24+ vs 17), ft shooter (94% vs 89), much better at getting to the line (6.2fta vs 2.5). Rebounds are even (4.4).

Curry had a better fg% (47% vs 39), 3pt% (44% vs 39), more assists (5.9 vs 4.6) much better steals (1.9 vs .9).

Quickley is still at a point where a really good or bad game can cause a big spike in his averages. Also note that Quickley spends at least half of his time off the ball.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Kemet

3/2/2021  11:40 PM
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Panos wrote:
Thibs is crazy !!!
Shot well. Zero assists?

He is a 3 and D guy and you need a legit PG playing along side him and the Knicks didn't tonight

The same could be said bout VanFleet & Lowry, or the Suns PG-Booker performance alongside CP3.
Rose performance always needed a PG, recall the Bulls center Noah playing at the top of the Key averaging 5 assist per game.
Thibs should have had Frank & Quickley working as a tandem in the lineup in January.

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
3/3/2021  4:47 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:I'm talking s#@t to my family and friends today and this happens! Fade for Cade

Unless we have a huge collapse, that’s gone.

Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
3/3/2021  5:05 AM
I don’t believe in blaming the refs, but this game was infuriating. The Spurs did whatever they wanted, rules be damned. That was just disgusting.

But we also played like crap. Spurs on b2b and we were the ones playing tired and careless. And sorry, but this “we just had a bad night” crap is tiresome! This wasn’t just a bad night. Truth is we are consistent in having games where the offense falls apart and the defense lacks focus. That consistency, even if every 6 or 7 games, worries.

Truth is, this one was a mix of three factors: 1. we missed Rose and, dare I say, Payton. Quick didn’t step up. 2. We didn’t try hard enough on defense. That was disheartening. 3. Refs really, REALLY, deserved to be fired on the spot. We never had a chance with all they allowed the Spurs to do.

And F the Spurs, really!

Knicks_Fan
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/3/2021  7:34 AM
The refs allowed a lot of hip checks by the spurs to get their shooters free. I guess knicks should learn how to sell those fouls
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/3/2021  8:04 AM
I don’t care about the refs. The Knicks energy was bad. Randle didn’t show urgency when you need that from your team leader. The PG play was bad despite the good 3 pt shooting from Quick. All while the Spurs were even more depleted on the second night of a back to back.

Discouraging.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/3/2021  8:31 AM
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Panos wrote:
Thibs is crazy !!!
Shot well. Zero assists?

He took just 7 shots despite making 5 and was a -20, he had zero impact on the game like Drummonds empty stats.

He should never be identified as an option at pg because he's not

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/3/2021  9:08 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Panos wrote:
Thibs is crazy !!!
Shot well. Zero assists?

He took just 7 shots despite making 5 and was a -20, he had zero impact on the game like Drummonds empty stats.

He's not a shot creator. That's not his skill set. His skill set is playing strong man and team defense, covering large areas of the court/passing lanes. Hitting open shots to create space for the players that are shot creators & in the paint.

Him taking just 7 shots was because that's what was mostly created for him. Because again he isn't a shot creator.

I agree he shouldn't be lined up at PG unless he played with a James Harden, Luka Doncic, Lebron James etc... Who would essentially be the PG anyway. Lining him up there and asking him to due the PG duties are only putting him in a position of weakness. As they have been since his rookie yr. As Martin said, being paired with a legit PG who generates shot attempts for his teammates would be ideal.

Your Frank takes are relatively amusing though.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
martin
USA
3/3/2021  11:29 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Panos wrote:
Thibs is crazy !!!
Shot well. Zero assists?

Your posts kinda feel the same way: empty posts.

The whole ****ing team was a negative cause they lost by a lot, it's not really reflective of anything.

He was only identified as a PG cause Elf and Rose were hurt and the Knicks don't have any better options. Duh, right?

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

3/3/2021  11:40 AM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Panos wrote:
Thibs is crazy !!!
Shot well. Zero assists?

The whole ****ing team was a negative cause they lost by a lot, it's not really reflective of anything.

He was only identified as a PG cause Elf and Rose were hurt and the Knicks don't have any better options. Duh, right?

Agreed. That’s a good analysis of 1248. His posts do make me laugh though 😂. Anyway definitely a rough night for the team overall. It happens
knicks1248
Member: #582
3/3/2021  11:54 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Panos wrote:
Thibs is crazy !!!
Shot well. Zero assists?

Agreed. That’s a good analysis of 1248. His posts do make me laugh though 😂. Anyway definitely a rough night for the team overall. It happens

How many frank fans put him in their possible rotations as a backup pg, or in some case a starter...there's a million threads you can reference.

You act as if I don't want to see a player on my favorite team succeed, he doesn't have much of an impact on the game which is why he's at the end of the bench.

I wish he was a better player, but like i have been saying since his 2nd season, He is who he is

ES
martin
USA
3/3/2021  11:56 AM
martin
USA
3/3/2021  12:17 PM
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/3/2021  12:29 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Panos wrote:
Thibs is crazy !!!
Shot well. Zero assists?

Knox and his 0 +/- say hello.

TPercy
Member: #5748

3/3/2021  1:21 PM
It’s all good. We still got a chance to finish strong against DET.
The Future is Bright!
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/3/2021  1:48 PM
Not going to freak out. Very few stinkers this year and falling to the Spurs is not a shock. Our weaknesses are still pretty obvious and the fragility of an overachieving group apparent. But we're at .500 and in the hunt in March -- who woulda thunk?
GameThread: Knicks visit Spurs, 830pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy