Much improved
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
3/1/2021  10:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/2/2021  3:38 PM
Randle shooting over 40% sure helps. RJ has been on a tear as of late too.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/2/2021  8:34 AM
even more important is the Knicks are #1 in opposing 3pg%

Opponents are .325 vs NYK
Suns are 2nd with .343

League averages is .368

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/2/2021  8:53 AM
Randle and Barrett making threes changes the trajectory of this team. The argument was always that you can't have a good 3pt shooting team with them in the lineup (plus Mitch.) I think that is changing. With Bullock, Burks, and Quickley, the supporting cast is also shooting very well. I still feel like we eventually need a top-tier 3pt shooter, as we have a ton of good ones but none great. We are still a low volume 3pt shooting team, but it's a step in the right direction.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/2/2021  9:07 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Much improved

Empirical evidence demonstrated by a winning record.
It too is much imporoved.
Startling coincidence. Keen observation.

knicks1248
Member: #582
3/2/2021  9:13 AM
Knixkik wrote:Randle and Barrett making threes changes the trajectory of this team. The argument was always that you can't have a good 3pt shooting team with them in the lineup (plus Mitch.) I think that is changing. With Bullock, Burks, and Quickley, the supporting cast is also shooting very well. I still feel like we eventually need a top-tier 3pt shooter, as we have a ton of good ones but none great. We are still a low volume 3pt shooting team, but it's a step in the right direction.

I think Rj has just been working on that shot and shooting it with more confidence, once again props to the coaching staff because i know they're going hard on him.

We are still 2nd to last in attempts and makes, which is partly because of our PG's and the pace we play at.

ES
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/2/2021  9:15 AM
fishmike wrote:even more important is the Knicks are #1 in opposing 3pg%

Suns are 2nd with .343

League averages is .368

And is it just me, or does it seem like ALMOST EVERY 3 gets contested, even if it's just a late "jump at them with your hand up"?

I wonder what we will possibly end up trading off on D if we get a truly great 3pt threat? Who are the truly great 3 & D guys available?

blkexec
Member: #748
3/2/2021  9:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/2/2021  9:17 AM
Knixkik wrote:Randle and Barrett making threes changes the trajectory of this team. The argument was always that you can't have a good 3pt shooting team with them in the lineup (plus Mitch.) I think that is changing. With Bullock, Burks, and Quickley, the supporting cast is also shooting very well. I still feel like we eventually need a top-tier 3pt shooter, as we have a ton of good ones but none great. We are still a low volume 3pt shooting team, but it's a step in the right direction.

NO just beat Utah yesterday. Utah is a much better 3pt shooting team with better 3pt shooters. They shot 40 plus 3s yesterday. NO is not a good 3pt shooting team. They shot 11 and made 7. NO won the game.

Moral of the story is, there's more than 1 way to win a game. And if you play defense the right way, it shouldn't matter how many 3pt shooters is on your team. As long as you are taking good shots. And we have a team of players that can guard the 3. Then my complaints about the lack of shooting (which I think is not true any more, as you stated) is nullified.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/2/2021  9:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/2/2021  9:26 AM
jrodmc wrote:

Suns are 2nd with .343

League averages is .368

And is it just me, or does it seem like ALMOST EVERY 3 gets contested, even if it's just a late "jump at them with your hand up"?

I wonder what we will possibly end up trading off on D if we get a truly great 3pt threat? Who are the truly great 3 & D guys available?

We already have enough 3 point shooting jrod.

Its strange but our record is fair but our numbers are better than 18-17. Burks to robinson

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4893/

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/6073/

RIP Crushalot😞
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
3/2/2021  3:54 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Suns are 2nd with .343

League averages is .368

We already have enough 3 point shooting jrod.

Its strange but our record is fair but our numbers are better than 18-17. Burks to robinson

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4893/

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/6073/

Even D Rose is shooting over 40%!

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/3/2021  3:55 PM
I don’t understand what is happening this season- knicks have the lowest payroll, Randle becomes an All Star, we’re at .500 and currently in playoff seeding and now we’re at 11th in pt shooting despite not really having any 3pt shooters- is this all a dream?!
jrodmc
USA
3/4/2021  8:53 AM
smackeddog wrote:I don’t understand what is happening this season- knicks have the lowest payroll, Randle becomes an All Star, we’re at .500 and currently in playoff seeding and now we’re at 11th in pt shooting despite not really having any 3pt shooters- is this all a dream?!

Maybe the last three years or so were just a nightmare?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/4/2021  11:06 AM
jrodmc wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I don’t understand what is happening this season- knicks have the lowest payroll, Randle becomes an All Star, we’re at .500 and currently in playoff seeding and now we’re at 11th in pt shooting despite not really having any 3pt shooters- is this all a dream?!

3 years? maybe like 20 years minus Linsanity and the Kidd/Camby/Rasheed/KMart/Prigs/Discount Doublecheck/JR year?

JVGundy walking away and Ewing being traded is a good marker for the last of the 90s era feelgood Knicks timeline

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/4/2021  11:39 AM
martin wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

3 years? maybe like 20 years minus Linsanity and the Kidd/Camby/Rasheed/KMart/Prigs/Discount Doublecheck/JR year?

JVGundy walking away and Ewing being traded is a good marker for the last of the 90s era feelgood Knicks timeline

this... the Melo 54 wins was a blip. Linsanity was a fart in the wind... I heard a noise but no evidence exists this was anything
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/4/2021  11:57 AM
martin wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

The Knicks were atleast entertaining in some years between the end of Frazier et al to the beginning of Ewing. This has been a multi generational failure that spans two decades. There were many year we spent the most money in the NBA but were always bottom dwellers. It wasnt fun when you put so much time into something and the return in crp. Its understandable to go through bad years but two decades. The year before Lebron came out we shouldve played with 7 guys and lost 75 games.

RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/4/2021  1:25 PM
Don't forget Hubie Brown and the Bernard King era. All 2.5 seasons of it!
Better than the Toby or Travis Knight era!!
jrodmc
USA
3/4/2021  3:25 PM
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

this... the Melo 54 wins was a blip. Linsanity was a fart in the wind... I heard a noise but no evidence exists this was anything

This, the bold.

Winning a division and an entire season of giddy good basketball... Krazy Eyes in Utah, JR comes alive. Sure, it ended badly, but I don't get how ANYONE counts Linsanity as anything other than our very own Knicks Vanilla Ice episode. One great Kobe quote and stupid hair cuts with a hanging band-aid.

Nice martin. Melo had less do with that year than Camby, huh?

Is it UK unspoken policy that Melo-homerism is to be viewed as some sort of rightwingnut genetic deficiency? LMAO

Knicks # 11 in nba in 3 point fg %

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy