[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Knicks visit their old friend DSJr, at Detroit 8pm
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/1/2021  7:13 AM
Maybe Thibs does not pull his starters until the other team does?
Maybe he did not like something in IQ’s game that his coaches were asking of him. He got hot but was it something else.
LIke I said, has anyone asked rose if he wants his minutes limited?
He will get hurt anyway. He might be telling his coach “Play me, I’m fine”.
AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/1/2021  11:22 AM
Nalod wrote:Maybe Thibs does not pull his starters until the other team does?
Maybe he did not like something in IQ’s game that his coaches were asking of him. He got hot but was it something else.

I think Thibs pulling IQ was a teaching moment. Thibs wants IQ to be aggressive but he wants him to be aggressive during the flow of the game. IQ did hit a bunch of 3s prior to getting pulled but he was putting in a Harden type show. He wants him to be more like Curry. Well that's just IMHO.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/1/2021  11:29 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
Nalod wrote:Maybe Thibs does not pull his starters until the other team does?

I think Thibs pulling IQ was a teaching moment. Thibs wants IQ to be aggressive but he wants him to be aggressive during the flow of the game. IQ did hit a bunch of 3s prior to getting pulled but he was putting in a Harden type show. He wants him to be more like Curry. Well that's just IMHO.

+1

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/1/2021  11:35 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

3/1/2021  11:59 AM
GustavBahler wrote:This is so much more satisfying as a fan, than yet another tankathon. Besides, we have the Dallas pick for that, heh heh.
I was thinking the same thing. The annual "tankathon/hope and prayer/d*mn we got the #8 pick/let's do this again next year" gets old. Yet so many people want to go this route.
Welpee
Member: #6239

3/1/2021  12:03 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Yesterday's game totally sealed the deal on DSJ for me (not that I was ever sold on him even as a rookie). I was actually worried that he would have this game circled on his calendar, would be super motivated and might break out the type of game he was hyped to be able to produce. Instead, we saw the typical DSJ game. Showed no heart in my opinion.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/1/2021  1:19 PM
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:This is so much more satisfying as a fan, than yet another tankathon. Besides, we have the Dallas pick for that, heh heh.
I was thinking the same thing. The annual "tankathon/hope and prayer/d*mn we got the #8 pick/let's do this again next year" gets old. Yet so many people want to go this route.

Never been for tanking -- no guarantees other than a losing culture -- though I'd say playing younguns is good in bad circumstances. What I could never entirely figure was some thought tanking was. Freaking out that the coach or players even tried to win. Like the team should be throwing games -- putting the ball in the other team's basket.

I'll sure be happy to not hear any more of that lame ass whining for a long long time.

GameThread: Knicks visit their old friend DSJr, at Detroit 8pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy