[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Austin Rivers emerging as most likely knick to be traded
Author Thread
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/3/2021  8:15 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/3/2021  8:34 AM
Can we just cut him?

His attitude is ****. The only reason he's in the league is because of his last name. He's an inconsistent usually net negative undersized SG. I get that “he plays the right way” but Phil and LB are both gone

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
xavier
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8938
Croatia
3/3/2021  8:47 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:Can we just cut him?

His attitude is ****. The only reason he's in the league is because of his last name. He's an inconsistent usually net negative undersized SG. I get that “he plays the right way” but Phil and LB are both gone

A month and a half ago it was a “steal of the year” and now he's so toxic we need to get rid of him? As usual, the truth is somewhere in between. He was neither a “theft of the year” then, nor he's a negative contract now.

Of course Rivers is not a "game changer", but he can be a useful rotating player if there is a need for one. However, from the start of the season, IQ exploded and we brought in Rose so Rivers fell out of rotation. His contract is still more than friendly and I guess sooner or later he will be part of some trade.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/3/2021  8:50 AM
xavier wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:Can we just cut him?

A month and a half ago it was a “steal of the year” and now he's so toxic we need to get rid of him? As usual, the truth is somewhere in between. He was neither a “theft of the year” then, nor he's a negative contract now.

Of course Rivers is not a "game changer", but he can be a useful rotating player if there is a need for one. However, from the start of the season, IQ exploded and we brought in Rose so Rivers fell out of rotation. His contract is still more than friendly and I guess sooner or later he will be part of some trade.

He’s complaining to the media, he’s talking like he’s off the team, he’s not on the bench

I don’t think the hassle is worth a top 55 protected second rounder in 2033. But hey, if you’d like to gamble or chemistry on pennies go for it

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/3/2021  8:56 AM
I think we trade hm and perhaps cut who we get back. This way we can respectfully land hm to a good situation. Maybe we are keeping him for cap trade purpose and he wants to move on?
Taj is hurt and older, and if Noel goes down we are down 3 centers. Maybe there is a small deal for a non rotational back up for that purpose.
Or we wave him and likely nobody claims him.
I dnt’ think he is complaining. I think he is just wanting out or he has some injury issue that is not healing.
xavier
Member: #8938
Croatia
3/3/2021  9:07 AM
I didn't write that we will trade only him for something, but he has a very friendly contract and he is not a bad player. Such ones always have place as part of some bigger trades, and as I wrote, I’m pretty sure we’ll do some trade.

Otherwise, I don’t believe he’s cancer in the locker room at all, quite the opposite.

blkexec
Member: #748
3/3/2021  10:49 AM
Philc1 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
TPercy wrote:I'd prefer to keep him unless he'd prefer to take a bigger role elsewhere. He comes off as pretty supportive in his interviews so if his teammates and coaches like having him around then why not?

I kind of agree with this, as long as he is ok with it. His pedigree and leadership are worth it for a a young team like this. Plus there are other pieces (some in the rotation) that I think we can use to upgrade. I like the Porter and Fournier deals in that article. They need to upgrade talent not do talent swaps. I doubt AR would be a deal breaker in those trades.

We already have solid veteran leadership on the roster who are also better players like Randle and Bullock.

Rivers has a pedigree of being on winning teams, in the playoffs, and experience with big time games/moments. Neither Randle or Bullock have the same. Rivers has experience that our "veterans", exempting Rose, don't have. Bullock, Burks, Rivers are all on the same level. The only reason Rivers doesn't play is he is a PG/SG while Burks and Bullock can play the 3.

I’m not sure how valuable that “pedigree of being on winning teams” is if you can’t play effectively on either side of the court

Bullock, Burks, Frank all play the same position as Rivers and are better

I think it all depends. Before Rose came, Rivers and IQ was great. To me, they are all at the same level, just different player types. Lately, Bullock, Burks and Frank have been playing better. Or have been playing period. If you swop Rivers for Burks, we would say lets trade Burks. Same with Bullock and Frank. It's all about who's in Thibs top 10 and who's not. Which doesn't always correlate to whos the better player. Rivers is a good player, stuck on a team in a crowded position. But when he gets hot, he can single handedly change the momentum of a game.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/3/2021  3:28 PM
Wouldnt surprise me, you would think with Rose and Payton out they would showcase Rivers a little. Rivers has heart, but its "feast or famine" with his game.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
3/3/2021  8:53 PM
I wonder what happened to him. Figured he had some nagging injuries (remember that he was injured when he signed him and didn't play the first few games of the season).

Figured he wasn't a headcase... maybe he's a case of someone being promised a role and he's not getting it.

For what it's worth, it looks like Rose still has a lot left in the tank - he's still a better player than Rivers. When their jumpers aren't falling, Rose still finds ways to score and make things happen. On the other hand, when Rivers' shot isn't falling, no one bites for his moves and he doesn't have ways to compensate to get himself going.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

3/5/2021  4:14 AM
If he’s being a lockerroom virus like DSJ get rid of him
Jimbo5
Member: #8854

3/5/2021  8:44 AM
Going into the season the FO knew the the previous management have been criticized for their inability to solve the teams pount guard woes. Leon and company made double sure that wont happen to them. Aside from having Frank and Dennis, the resigned Payton and they brought in Rivers. And during the draft picked up IQ. Thats acually 5 players who play the point, thats almost half the team before the increased season the limit to 15 players for just 1 position. But wait, the FO has to add Derrick Rose. Before the start of the season alot thought that something has to give, hopefully after half a season already played the FO and coaching staff can sort out the point guard spot. Give Rivers a chance to play this season, mercifuly trade him by the deadline.they still need to sort out Payton and framk, at the very least define thier roles in the team this season and for the future.
Austin Rivers emerging as most likely knick to be traded

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy