[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Austin Rivers emerging as most likely knick to be traded
Author Thread
Jimbo5
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8854

2/25/2021  5:45 PM
I saw this article on trade ideas for Rivers, i like the idea of reuniting him with his dad with the 76ers and giving the knicks a new defensive backcourt player if the knicks have finally clised the door on Frank.

https://dailyknicks.com/2021/02/25/knicks-3-trades-austin-rivers/

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/25/2021  6:12 PM
Sky is blue, grass is green and so is weed
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fwk00
Member: #6048

2/25/2021  6:26 PM
Rivers offers another team the best match in terms of expense and contract.

Knox not far behind.

Frankie is an expensive buy given his lack of playing time.

Bullock and Payton are tougher to move.

---------------------

Three point shooters are at a premium (obvious).

Thybulle would be a nice pick-up (not a 3 point shooter per se).

But mining the league for a here-to-fore underperforming 3 pt shooting prospect works too.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/25/2021  9:14 PM
I guess unless we cooking something else, we just release him and let him go as a favor. Not sure we just don’t pick up on waivers someone else as back up.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/25/2021  10:04 PM
At the price he costs, why not keep him and coach him up?
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

2/25/2021  10:09 PM
I'd prefer to keep him unless he'd prefer to take a bigger role elsewhere. He comes off as pretty supportive in his interviews so if his teammates and coaches like having him around then why not?
The Future is Bright!
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/25/2021  11:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/26/2021  12:10 AM
TPercy wrote:I'd prefer to keep him unless he'd prefer to take a bigger role elsewhere. He comes off as pretty supportive in his interviews so if his teammates and coaches like having him around then why not?

I kind of agree with this, as long as he is ok with it. His pedigree and leadership are worth it for a a young team like this. Plus there are other pieces (some in the rotation) that I think we can use to upgrade. I like the Porter and Fournier deals in that article. They need to upgrade talent not do talent swaps. I doubt AR would be a deal breaker in those trades.

~You can't run from who you are.~
wargames
Member: #6053

2/25/2021  11:53 PM
He’s on a good deal. I would love to package him with say Detroit’s second rounder and move into the late first round officially.

I wonder would Philly consider him

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

2/26/2021  6:21 AM
Panos wrote:At the price he costs, why not keep him and coach him up?

How are we coaching him up? He's been in the league several years. He is what he is a mediocre combo guard. If the knicks can somehow get anything for him even a 2nd that's fine.
Philc1

2/26/2021  6:22 AM
joec32033 wrote:
TPercy wrote:I'd prefer to keep him unless he'd prefer to take a bigger role elsewhere. He comes off as pretty supportive in his interviews so if his teammates and coaches like having him around then why not?

I kind of agree with this, as long as he is ok with it. His pedigree and leadership are worth it for a a young team like this. Plus there are other pieces (some in the rotation) that I think we can use to upgrade. I like the Porter and Fournier deals in that article. They need to upgrade talent not do talent swaps. I doubt AR would be a deal breaker in those trades.

We already have solid veteran leadership on the roster who are also better players like Randle and Bullock.

xblvdels3
Member: #8868

2/26/2021  7:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/26/2021  7:34 AM
Easily replaced. 1 good game every 2 weeks.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/26/2021  7:37 AM
wargames wrote:He’s on a good deal. I would love to package him with say Detroit’s second rounder and move into the late first round officially.

I wonder would Philly consider him

I like this type of idea. I feel like thats realistic.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/26/2021  7:38 AM

I can see this, but it will only last so long. He's a guy used to being in the rotation his entire career. He's a good teammate and good interview no question, but eventually the enthusiasm will be gone, it's only natural.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/26/2021  8:20 AM
so trade him and when Payton or Rose gets hurt and Frank tweaks his groin, which he does with frightening regularity, we have no one.

Trade him so next year, when our back court is exactly who? Quigley is the only one under contract for next year?

Unless he asks for a trade, keep him. There will be enough spot opportunities this year for him, and likely next.

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/26/2021  8:55 AM
Philc1 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:

We already have solid veteran leadership on the roster who are also better players like Randle and Bullock.

Rivers has a pedigree of being on winning teams, in the playoffs, and experience with big time games/moments. Neither Randle or Bullock have the same. Rivers has experience that our "veterans", exempting Rose, don't have. Bullock, Burks, Rivers are all on the same level. The only reason Rivers doesn't play is he is a PG/SG while Burks and Bullock can play the 3.

~You can't run from who you are.~
TPercy

2/26/2021  10:24 AM
Knixkik wrote:

I can see this, but it will only last so long. He's a guy used to being in the rotation his entire career. He's a good teammate and good interview no question, but eventually the enthusiasm will be gone, it's only natural.

Fair, it’d just be a shame because I really wanted him to thrive here.

The Future is Bright!
TPercy

2/26/2021  10:26 AM
joec32033 wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:

Rivers has a pedigree of being on winning teams, in the playoffs, and experience with big time games/moments. Neither Randle or Bullock have the same. Rivers has experience that our "veterans", exempting Rose, don't have. Bullock, Burks, Rivers are all on the same level. The only reason Rivers doesn't play is he is a PG/SG while Burks and Bullock can play the 3.

Yeah this. If you wanna build winning culture then you gotta have winners on your team, regardless of their capacity.

The Future is Bright!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/26/2021  11:04 AM
Yeah. I wouldn't actively shop him around. However, if another team comes up with a pick then I would be happy to take it.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/26/2021  12:04 PM
martin wrote:Sky is blue, grass is green and so is weed

and now its legal in NJ
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Philc1

3/3/2021  5:01 AM
joec32033 wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:

I’m not sure how valuable that “pedigree of being on winning teams” is if you can’t play effectively on either side of the court

Bullock, Burks, Frank all play the same position as Rivers and are better

Austin Rivers emerging as most likely knick to be traded

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy