[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is there another level for Randle to reach?
Author Thread
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/25/2021  12:01 AM
As far as a whole another level? Maybe in referee respect and in getting calls. But that would take a season or two of consistent play like he has been doing.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
AUTOADVERT
ramtour420
Russian Federation
2/28/2021  11:28 PM
Forget everything I said. I can see it now, this other level you speak of.

Ju is now a first time All-star. Question is how big will he become? Will he be a superstar franchise player? What separates the two? It all comes down to referee respect and getting superstar whistle treatment.

Exhibit A:

Carmelo Anthony- you know the deal, multiple All-star, scoring champ, future HOF. He has all the credentials without the superstar calls. Let's take a closer look.
1. A stupid celebration routine after a made 3 that has some violence in the gesture. Good thing Randle doesn't do that. IQ comes to mind with his "shot to the vein". Get rid of that crap.

2. Arguing every call, every time, all day every day. And if not arguing then making a stupid smirk and running around with it on his face. And that's how the player becomes remembered, with that upset man-child expression. So what to do? Save your battles. Raise your hand every once in a while after you foul. Don't always shake your head in disagreement. Kawhi comes to mind with his stone cold killer expression and the calls to go with it.

3. Cut out the damn techs. Who are you trying to become? Rasheed Wallace? The man spend his whole career arguing with refs. Had to use the " ball don't lie" because so many calls were against him. I don't want Randle to go down that rabbit hole either.

If you almost never argue with the refs that only makes your case stronger when you do try to convince them. Pick your battles.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
3/1/2021  7:05 AM
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/1/2021  7:46 AM
MaTT4281 wrote:

Just insane production.

foosballnick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3148

3/1/2021  8:02 AM
ramtour420 wrote:Forget everything I said. I can see it now, this other level you speak of.

Ju is now a first time All-star. Question is how big will he become? Will he be a superstar franchise player? What separates the two? It all comes down to referee respect and getting superstar whistle treatment.

Exhibit A:

Carmelo Anthony- you know the deal, multiple All-star, scoring champ, future HOF. He has all the credentials without the superstar calls. Let's take a closer look.
1. A stupid celebration routine after a made 3 that has some violence in the gesture. Good thing Randle doesn't do that. IQ comes to mind with his "shot to the vein". Get rid of that crap.

2. Arguing every call, every time, all day every day. And if not arguing then making a stupid smirk and running around with it on his face. And that's how the player becomes remembered, with that upset man-child expression. So what to do? Save your battles. Raise your hand every once in a while after you foul. Don't always shake your head in disagreement. Kawhi comes to mind with his stone cold killer expression and the calls to go with it.

3. Cut out the damn techs. Who are you trying to become? Rasheed Wallace? The man spend his whole career arguing with refs. Had to use the " ball don't lie" because so many calls were against him. I don't want Randle to go down that rabbit hole either.

If you almost never argue with the refs that only makes your case stronger when you do try to convince them. Pick your battles.

I think you had it right the first time. The NBA protects it's superstars including getting preferential treatment from refs - this is a time honored tradition going back to previous stars - likely based on creating a more dynamic product and fan interest. I just don't think that getting great players to act like proper and respectable middle aged men on the court has very little to do with it.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/1/2021  11:21 AM
Knixkik wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

Just insane production.

Randle hasn't had the career consistency of production that Melo had.... but this season is certainly turning into a Dad Melo level for Randle.

Hoo boy, I went there

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/1/2021  11:25 AM
The way Randle is going right now, my hope is that he reaches KG level. I think that's his ceiling. That Kobe story that Breen was telling during the broadcast was pretty interesting. Kobe said "Randle is like Lamar Odom in Zach Randolph's body". Typical Kobe praise I thought. Praise you with a little dig.
martin
USA
3/1/2021  11:30 AM
NYKBocker wrote:The way Randle is going right now, my hope is that he reaches KG level. I think that's his ceiling. That Kobe story that Breen was telling during the broadcast was pretty interesting. Kobe said "Randle is like Lamar Odom in Zach Randolph's body". Typical Kobe praise I thought. Praise you with a little dig.

Ha! Kobe should have said, with Burst like Melo and strength like Oak. Then he would be spot on

knicks1248
Member: #582
3/1/2021  11:39 AM
NYKBocker wrote:The way Randle is going right now, my hope is that he reaches KG level. I think that's his ceiling. That Kobe story that Breen was telling during the broadcast was pretty interesting. Kobe said "Randle is like Lamar Odom in Zach Randolph's body". Typical Kobe praise I thought. Praise you with a little dig.

Randle is Playing at high level,

The biggest question is what to do next, stick with the slow development process, or make a move for another All star?

ES
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/1/2021  11:44 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

Randle is Playing at high level,

The biggest question is what to do next, stick with the slow development process, or make a move for another All star?

Stick with what we have. How can this be slow? This is Thibs 1st year with this team and he has us in the 4th seed. Let your players develop. I mean, we have vets right now helping the youngins. You got Rose, Noel, Burks, Bullock and Taj all contributing. We have a bunch of 1st round picks in the next 3 years.

I mean it is slow if you count the years prior to this before Thibs.

ramtour420
Russian Federation
3/1/2021  11:57 AM
foosballnick wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:Forget everything I said. I can see it now, this other level you speak of.

Exhibit A:

I think you had it right the first time. The NBA protects it's superstars including getting preferential treatment from refs - this is a time honored tradition going back to previous stars - likely based on creating a more dynamic product and fan interest. I just don't think that getting great players to act like proper and respectable middle aged men on the court has very little to do with it.

Not sure about what you saying about the middle aged men. I just want Randle to stop arguing every call and stop with the techs. I think that would help him in the long run.
martin
USA
3/3/2021  12:07 PM
Halfway thru the season and this still boggles my mind

Today: 23/11/5.5 41% on 3s.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/3/2021  12:42 PM
martin wrote:Halfway thru the season and this still boggles my mind

Today: 23/11/5.5 41% on 3s.

We were supposed to draft Larry Legend anyway. Payback time, finally.

martin
USA
3/3/2021  1:38 PM
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/3/2021  1:57 PM
martin wrote:

I gather Bernard King comes up?

Is there another level for Randle to reach?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy