Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/2/2021  5:23 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Jimbo5 wrote:Jaokim Noah just announced his retirement. How does this affect the contract he signed with the knicks that was stretched? Can the FO now apply for it to be taken out of the salary cap?

Scumbag retired when he signed a Knick contract.

Yeah that was the weirdest free agent signing ever.

Thank you Phil. An enduring legacy that just keeps on giving. Probably a clause in there that says he gets paid whether he plays or not. Or maybe even a bonus for early retirement, with free airfare to share a bong in Montana.

Phil of course owns the responsibility for the Noah contract, but I blame only the player for the utter failure and disgrace of that signing. I was happy at the time, seeing Noah (as Phil did I assume) as a veteran, tough defensive minded leader who would bring decent skills and excellent leadership. Instead we got a lazy party boy rolling out of bed only to get high and cash his checks. I will give him a tiny bit of credit for admitting the obvious.

As I have posted many times I have zero love for Putzingis, but his basketball demise is about betrayal of his physical skills. Noah simply stole money and betrayed the Knicks and the fans.

Phil owns the contract, but Noah owns the fact that he had just spent two seasons in Chicago at the very end of the line. Decent skills? He managed about a full season in two years, his numbers were down dramatically, and he was inactive for the majority of the season Phil signed him off of.

Who owns the utter failure for offering an end of the line, non-starting player $72 million? No matter how he performed, what was the thought process behind that? 72 million and 4 years. Let that sink in once again.
KP was a supreme douche with a rhoid brother in tow, no debate, but at least he performed when able.
Phil stole money and gave it away pointlessly beyond anything any player was ever going to live down to.

But hey, we still got our draft picks.

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/2/2021  8:04 PM
Y'alls know who you are. We never forget. Some you won't let us forget (have not seen you in a minute DJ). But the Knicks revolution is here and the traitors better watch their backs .

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

3/3/2021  4:51 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:Y'alls know who you are. We never forget. Some you won't let us forget (have not seen you in a minute DJ). But the Knicks revolution is here and the traitors better watch their backs .

Kellerman is an idiot. He’s so dumb he makes Stephen A look knowledgeable

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/3/2021  11:39 AM
First off Max had him on. Thats not “an idiot”. He was honest about his former knick love and a “former Propagandaist”.
I’m cool with a guy that admits who and what he is. His “hate” is not anything new. He really loved knicks ball for years.
Only way is to win and earn respect. Casey Powell is great here. ALso that SAS is a knick fan he has to have contrast with him so he nearly had to change his allegiance for his career. He admits he “ran”. LOL
jrodmc
USA
3/3/2021  12:24 PM
Philc1 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Y'alls know who you are. We never forget. Some you won't let us forget (have not seen you in a minute DJ). But the Knicks revolution is here and the traitors better watch their backs .

Key is he spent 5 minutes figuring out what year CP was born. Then he mentions how the Knicks haven't won a playoff series immediately after whining at 90db about only getting past the first round once.

Another loud mouthed moron who knows just enough to sound like a proudly dysfunctional New Yorker.

Is the sports talk "okay, you be the idiot homer and I'll be the informed sports doctor" methodology ever going to go into the ****ter?

"Today we salute you, Mr. Sports Talk Contrarian..."

Nalod
USA
3/3/2021  1:49 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

Key is he spent 5 minutes figuring out what year CP was born. Then he mentions how the Knicks haven't won a playoff series immediately after whining at 90db about only getting past the first round once.

Another loud mouthed moron who knows just enough to sound like a proudly dysfunctional New Yorker.

Is the sports talk "okay, you be the idiot homer and I'll be the informed sports doctor" methodology ever going to go into the ****ter?

It drives ratings. Mike and mike used that formula for years.

jrodmc
USA
3/3/2021  2:51 PM
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

Drives ratings with who? 18-35 year old mouth breathers? Mike and the Mad Dog turned it into an art form, but it's like Howard Cosell back in the early days of the NFL. He drove ratings because there was no one else to do it.

There's got to be a better format/theory somewhere. I refuse to believe general sports fandom in the NYC area is dumber than we are here on the UK.
How's that for being non-pompous?

Nalod
USA
3/4/2021  7:00 AM
jrodmc wrote:
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

Drives ratings with who? 18-35 year old mouth breathers? Mike and the Mad Dog turned it into an art form, but it's like Howard Cosell back in the early days of the NFL. He drove ratings because there was no one else to do it.

There's got to be a better format/theory somewhere. I refuse to believe general sports fandom in the NYC area is dumber than we are here on the UK.

I stopped listening to sports radio as the debate formula I agree is old. Its often disingenuous . We live in a world were “Opinons” matter more than news. I found the “Jousting” between these two though kind of funny. Powell is an unapologetic homer and Max was buying it based on the past. Neither had a level of accuracy. It was emotional debate which was ok.
I’m finding the podcast formats of Simmons, Lowe, Windhorst, and some others to be pretty good.
Recent topic of knick fans in blissful eurphoric state being over .500 I do find pretty funny. Objectively its kinda true.
Not sure why it bothers some of you unless your taking the “knock” personally. If so, i understand.

KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

3/4/2021  12:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2021  12:17 PM
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

I stopped listening to sports radio as the debate formula I agree is old. Its often disingenuous . We live in a world were “Opinons” matter more than news. I found the “Jousting” between these two though kind of funny. Powell is an unapologetic homer and Max was buying it based on the past. Neither had a level of accuracy. It was emotional debate which was ok.
I’m finding the podcast formats of Simmons, Lowe, Windhorst, and some others to be pretty good.
Recent topic of knick fans in blissful eurphoric state being over .500 I do find pretty funny. Objectively its kinda true.
Not sure why it bothers some of you unless your taking the “knock” personally. If so, i understand.

I believe one can be aesthetically and philosophically troubled without taking it personally, but semantics be damned, it bugs me. Bolded demographic is unfortunately the truth. Listen to the ads -- gambling, ED, strip clubs (pre-pandemic). I am similarly troubled when popular music or film say, become a lowest common denominator wankfest. Or rigidly formatted by the suits. Hey let the mouthbreathers have theirs but does that have to be the main thing? I'm not one who says things 'used to be great" but I do think it's gotten worse. When I moved to NYC in the early 80s I was told New York sports fans were "intelligent" fans. That is hard to swallow listening to WFAN or the Michael Kay Show. And the browbeating uniformity of the "hot takes" ("Hey Knicks suck!") is tiresome. And yes I do turn my radio off.

And clearly there are intelligent if sometimes emotional fans -- this forum is a testament to that. Relatively the silliest poster here is an effin genius.

Nalod
USA
3/4/2021  1:40 PM
I dont' recall Breen but back in the day as a kid I loved listening to Fordham radio and they a sport show on I believe sunday nights. Young journalist majors doing their thing on non commercial radio. I have little time for talk radio which is why I like podcasts. Don't have to listen to subjects im not interested in. Im ok with opposing views as long as its "smart". if not, I fast forward.
Im finding mostly respect for knicks and a bit poking fun at its fans for what might be "Irrational Exuberance". If offended by that I suppose its a natural reaction.
The fact is losing teams don't get the benefit of the doubt in a neutral setting. The super knick fan podcasts are a bit homercentric but mostly good dialog.
There are many 1248's out there and they like to call into to some of them. some takes are just not fresh. If so its time to change the channel. There is but so much to discuss and we do a lot of it here.
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

3/4/2021  2:04 PM
Nalod wrote:I dont' recall Breen but back in the day as a kid I loved listening to Fordham radio and they a sport show on I believe sunday nights. Young journalist majors doing their thing on non commercial radio. I have little time for talk radio which is why I like podcasts. Don't have to listen to subjects im not interested in. Im ok with opposing views as long as its "smart". if not, I fast forward.
Im finding mostly respect for knicks and a bit poking fun at its fans for what might be "Irrational Exuberance". If offended by that I suppose its a natural reaction.
The fact is losing teams don't get the benefit of the doubt in a neutral setting. The super knick fan podcasts are a bit homercentric but mostly good dialog.
There are many 1248's out there and they like to call into to some of them. some takes are just not fresh. If so its time to change the channel. There is but so much to discuss and we do a lot of it here.

"One on One!" They still do it I think, but back then that was it for New York sports radio besides a few hours of cranky Art Rust. Some real characters would call in with names like "Mr. Met," "Mr. Junior Hockey," even a "Mister Mister." Very knowledgeable overall. I called in a few times, a lot of my NY sports fandom was cultivated there. Michael Kay among others did a gig there. I've wanted to call in to WEPN and tell him he used to be good when he was in college.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

3/5/2021  4:17 AM
jrodmc wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

Kellerman should stick to obsessing over boxing. The guy is clueless when it comes to anything else

He’s a big reason why I stopped watching ESPN

Nalod
USA
3/5/2021  9:15 AM
Philc1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

Kellerman should stick to obsessing over boxing. The guy is clueless when it comes to anything else

He’s a big reason why I stopped watching ESPN

also there are so many other outlets via podcasts, and competition that has diluted ESPN’s market share.
Sports Center used to be “Must see TV”. Now I flip on my iPad and I can get highlights, keep up with scores, headlines, etc. I never watch ESPN but check its app a few times a day.
I actually don’t take it to heart these guys are always genuine and thought Max’s take with Powell was funny. He positions himself a a former fan, a big on at that who walked away after years of frustration. In fact, I have tried too. That said, I don’t follow other sports or teams anywhere near what I do knick related.
As for Max, he owned it. I loved Powell’s take calling him a “Trader” and all that went with it.
Max is offensive to knick fans but he does speak some truth that we fans in general carry the “Storied” thing a bit too far were most of our very long history is not. Its storied for me because of the legacy Clyde/Reed years. Then there was the Ewing era. But reality is more bad and average than great. It is what it is.
Max is carving out a niche and like Steven A., they have their “Schtick”.
Don’t like it, flip the channel. I rarely if ever catch his or SAS so it don’t bother me.
Knicks deserve the disrespect they get. It will take a long time to earn it back. Not hate, just reality. no different than other floundering franchises in NBA or other leagues.
The State of the Knicks so far under the Leon Rose Era

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy