BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/26/2021  7:42 PM
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Some of the FA suggestions online are pretty putrid. FluTyson? Ilysova? Bleh.

No wonder 1248 doesn't include any suggestions. There are none to make.

Conley/Schroder. After that resign Noel/Bullock/Rose (we are losing Burks as a cap casualty I am assuming). Its a thin FA market, so hopefully they dont price themselves out. If you could sign one of those guys you add a big piece and keep all your young guys/picks depth.

We would be the close to the same team next year: (except you upgrade Elf with a borderline allstar in Conley/Schroder)
PG Conley/Schroder
SG RJ
SF Bullock
PF Randle
C Mitch
Bench rotation: Rose/IQ/Obi/Noel
pipeline/depth: Taj/FRP/FRP

That's a big deep defensive nine man rotation built around a really young core with a few vets sprinkled in. Even if Randle levels off at his current you still expect big strides from RJ/Mitch/IQ/Obi and of course the incoming rookies AND that group above can def hang with the top teams in the East.

fish your so full of sht it's hilarious, you flip flop worse than BRIGGS

Your the same person that shot down my suggestion of any trade for schroder (back when ATL was looking to trade him) bledsoe (when he was with the Suns) Rose (you hated him because he didn't pass to KP).

I suggested trading MITCH OR Noel to address other needs like help in the shooting and PG department..I would even trade him for a player Like Isaiah Stewart.

You always late to the party with your IDEAS, it's not until it becomes super obvious(kp wanted out..for example) that you change your tune...despite me mention certain thing months or even a yr before it happens.

Mark my words, MITCH WILL NOT BE A KNICK FOR LONG, he has maturity issues, and he's a slow learner, and with the success we are having this season (without him) makes it easier to move him for a missing piece.

Don't get this twisted, I'll more than happy to keep him if we can address our needs without trading him

Genuine question:

How much trade value does a slow learner with maturity issues whose team was fine without him have?

knicks1248 has a no trade clause.. he cant be traded. Doesnt matter... he's stuck here.

I tried to make a deal happen for a number of posters to swap for Booker.. I was even willing to throw in Rebecca. Told them Marv was spry and had a number of towel waves left in him for a good playoff run. They weren't having it. Think I should have thrown in Mitch?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/26/2021  8:30 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/27/2021  2:36 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Some of the FA suggestions online are pretty putrid. FluTyson? Ilysova? Bleh.

Conley/Schroder. After that resign Noel/Bullock/Rose (we are losing Burks as a cap casualty I am assuming). Its a thin FA market, so hopefully they dont price themselves out. If you could sign one of those guys you add a big piece and keep all your young guys/picks depth.

We would be the close to the same team next year: (except you upgrade Elf with a borderline allstar in Conley/Schroder)
PG Conley/Schroder
SG RJ
SF Bullock
PF Randle
C Mitch

That's a big deep defensive nine man rotation built around a really young core with a few vets sprinkled in. Even if Randle levels off at his current you still expect big strides from RJ/Mitch/IQ/Obi and of course the incoming rookies AND that group above can def hang with the top teams in the East.

Your the same person that shot down my suggestion of any trade for schroder (back when ATL was looking to trade him) bledsoe (when he was with the Suns) Rose (you hated him because he didn't pass to KP).

I suggested trading MITCH OR Noel to address other needs like help in the shooting and PG department..I would even trade him for a player Like Isaiah Stewart.

You always late to the party with your IDEAS, it's not until it becomes super obvious(kp wanted out..for example) that you change your tune...despite me mention certain thing months or even a yr before it happens.

Mark my words, MITCH WILL NOT BE A KNICK FOR LONG, he has maturity issues, and he's a slow learner, and with the success we are having this season (without him) makes it easier to move him for a missing piece.

Don't get this twisted, I'll more than happy to keep him if we can address our needs without trading him

You call me a stalker for a blanket statement over the aggregate of idiocy you present, yet you remember all those “positions” by others, love to offend the masses, throw Briggs under the bus with no specific topic, and often make it about you?
All the while I can’t recall an instance of you ever admitting being “Pleasantly suprised” which in the real world is admitting to being wrong.
Your biggest transgression is thinking you can install a player without assets being traded or minutes being deducted. How does Chris Paul on this team without a trade work? You assume DRose still gets traded here but the reality is where does hit minutes fit? Not at the end of the game? Your often so far off the mark you get ignored. Thats not consent, thats just most posters with more sensible approach than me. Perhaps if your arrogance was lessor I’d let it go.
If you want to talk about my arrogance, thats fine. Difference is I’m not lazy and I admit to my lack of humility at times.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/27/2021  3:07 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

PG Conley/Schroder
SG RJ
SF Bullock
PF Randle
C Mitch

Genuine question:

How much trade value does a slow learner with maturity issues whose team was fine without him have?

knicks1248 has a no trade clause.. he cant be traded. Doesnt matter... he's stuck here.

I tried to make a deal happen for a number of posters to swap for Booker.. I was even willing to throw in Rebecca. Told them Marv was spry and had a number of towel waves left in him for a good playoff run. They weren't having it. Think I should have thrown in Mitch?

This is the main reason you guys just can't understand, since martin posted this on the game thread thread im going to piggy back on it because this is exactly my point

We have 3 center that barely ever roam outside the paint, which turns us into a jump shooting team.

We should have a different dynamic coming off the bench or starting, that's why is so easy to double team randle, just imagine if TaJ is playing behind the baseline arc, .

It's also the reason OBI is primarily station behind the arc, if they leave him open is taking the 3 or running the baseline for a dunk.

It would be OK if we had centers that were all around players, but to have two centers that have the exact same flaws, like spacing doesn't matter, your just being NIAIVE

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/27/2021  3:19 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

PG Conley/Schroder
SG RJ
SF Bullock
PF Randle
C Mitch

Genuine question:

This is the main reason you guys just can't understand, since martin posted this on the game thread thread im going to piggy back on it because this is exactly my point

We have 3 center that barely ever roam outside the paint, which turns us into a jump shooting team.

We should have a different dynamic coming off the bench or starting, that's why is so easy to double team randle, just imagine if TaJ is playing behind the baseline arc, .

It's also the reason OBI is primarily station behind the arc, if they leave him open is taking the 3 or running the baseline for a dunk.

It would be OK if we had centers that were all around players, but to have two centers that have the exact same flaws, like spacing doesn't matter, your just being NIAIVE

I just ordered some NIAIVE. Its supposed to be great for dry skin.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
4/27/2021  3:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/27/2021  3:55 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

PG Conley/Schroder
SG RJ
SF Bullock
PF Randle
C Mitch

Genuine question:

This is accurate as far as I can tell. If our centers can't make a jump shot outside the paint, then they could pass the ball to guys cutting to the hoop( need screens and other plays for this) or maybe, just maybe to make things even simpler our centers could be those said guys cutting to the hoop. Anyway all of those scenarios require better offensive sets.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Nalod
USA
4/27/2021  9:23 PM
1248 thinks Thibs is perfectly content and our FO is inept.
Most of us are like “Thibs is making do with what he got and doing a good job”.
1248 thinks we should be more upwardly ambitious? SMH
Nalod
USA
4/29/2021  8:12 AM
Mitch has played just 31 games this season. Some of you pretending you know the dude, whats in his head, motivations, etc.
He earned the start on a Thibs team. That says something right there.
The broken hand was a contact injury. It happens. The foot, thats a whole other thing. He can be extended this summer. We can assume given what we know about his intense agent history that he got a plan. Not saying he got KP leverage, but its logical he gonna try.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/29/2021  10:42 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

PG Conley/Schroder
SG RJ
SF Bullock
PF Randle
C Mitch

Genuine question:

Yeah, and I sold my house and bought 14 pallets of sunscreen too, damn you!

knicks1248
11/9/2021  9:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/9/2021  9:29 AM
Meanwhile the Knicks’ center situation has taken a bizarre turn. Robinson, who had started the first 10 games after missing preseason, didn’t play because of fatigue and a hip flexor.

I have to bring this back up because maybe now some of you can see for yourself that it makes no sense at all to keep two injury prone Centers, who can't shoot, and can not guard anyone on the perimeter including centers that shoot from deep

I would rather keep Noels, but if we can trade Mitch for a defense wing, I would even throw in a draft pick.

Mitch is starting to remind me of KP, soft as Big man

ES
Nalod
USA
11/9/2021  10:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/9/2021  10:45 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Meanwhile the Knicks’ center situation has taken a bizarre turn. Robinson, who had started the first 10 games after missing preseason, didn’t play because of fatigue and a hip flexor.

I have to bring this back up because maybe now some of you can see for yourself that it makes no sense at all to keep two injury prone Centers, who can't shoot, and can not guard anyone on the perimeter including centers that shoot from deep

I would rather keep Noels, but if we can trade Mitch for a defense wing, I would even throw in a draft pick.

Mitch is starting to remind me of KP, soft as Big man

You started this very early in last season. What happend? Team finished 4th seed beyond anyones expectations and that tandem despite the injuries earned Thibs COTY. It earned you even lessor cred.
You offer no logical or valid trade idea other vague band aid concept.

Mitch is a pending free agent. His trade value is not much for that reason. We don’t know what his agent has in mind as a number. Maybe you do?

You wrote your thread starter only a month in the season. How’d it work out btw? Better than you thought.
why? You react. Being able to predict don’t make you smart, but it can make you look dumb. mission accomplished.

We are 7-4. Perhaps your all up in arms thinking we a 55+ win team and this COULD help so you broadcast it and if we fall short you get to say “see we needed to……..”

Who starts? The 8mm back up who is super fragile? Now you left with 36 year old Taj and Simms who is very raw still.

Yes, we all would like an upgrade over mitch. Remember when we had him pegged as future star Mitch?
Maybe he is hurt because “Noels” could not get thru camp unscathed? We rushed him back because we needed him. He is a pro. He might want to have proven himeself and earn an extension. Maybe you have an inflated trade value for him and if not, just use the lazy ass “throw in a pick” as a way to smooth out the suggestion.

BTW, tell us Myles Turner contract status, future value, if Indy is down to trade him, what would it cost us and how does it affect our cap the next few years? What is his health and projections going forward? You look a the games he has missed the last three seasons? That he is a light rebounder? That his blocks might indicate indicate his defense over all? That he is pared with work horse allstar 6-11 PF Sabonis? Cuz thats what Brock Aller does all freaking day. You might not understand it all, and most of us don’t, but you need to respect that it exists. Perhaps then you might consider how misinformed you are. This is not a video game..

foosballnick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3148

11/9/2021  1:34 PM
Mitch may not be back to form(yet), but I would venture to guess that Drummond would not have run as wild on the boards last night if Mitch was in the game.
Nalod
USA
11/9/2021  3:00 PM
foosballnick wrote:Mitch may not be back to form(yet), but I would venture to guess that Drummond would not have run as wild on the boards last night if Mitch was in the game.

He has lead the league in rebounding 4 times. He does it to everyone. Just inhales them.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

11/9/2021  4:02 PM
Nalod wrote:
foosballnick wrote:Mitch may not be back to form(yet), but I would venture to guess that Drummond would not have run as wild on the boards last night if Mitch was in the game.

He has lead the league in rebounding 4 times. He does it to everyone. Just inhales them.

I saw him box out Mitch pretty easily last season

Philc1

11/9/2021  4:03 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

PG Conley/Schroder
SG RJ
SF Bullock
PF Randle
C Mitch

Genuine question:

You want a Center who can shoot? Mark Cuban will give us Porzingis for free

knicks1248
11/9/2021  4:38 PM
Philc1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

PG Conley/Schroder
SG RJ
SF Bullock
PF Randle
C Mitch

Genuine question:

I don't really care what kind of big man he is just one that's more versatile that the 2 we have now.

If your big man has limited skills, at least Dominate the boards or be a scrappy hard nose player like a Harrel type player.

ES
Philc1

11/12/2021  11:20 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

PG Conley/Schroder
SG RJ
SF Bullock
PF Randle
C Mitch

Genuine question:

I don't really care what kind of big man he is just one that's more versatile that the 2 we have now.

If your big man has limited skills, at least Dominate the boards or be a scrappy hard nose player like a Harrel type player.

The hawks just made a run with Clint Capela. Just sayin

knicks1248
11/12/2021  11:59 AM
Philc1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

PG Conley/Schroder
SG RJ
SF Bullock
PF Randle
C Mitch

Genuine question:

The hawks just made a run with Clint Capela. Just sayin

The hawks have the 3rd worst record in the east now that trae is racking up 10 ft attempts per game, and they have the 5th worst defensive fg%

ES
Mitch or Noel needs to be traded

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy