[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mitch or Noel needs to be traded
Author Thread
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

1/25/2021  5:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2021  5:23 PM
franco12 wrote:If we had Chris Paul as our PG instead of Payton, would we still have to trade Mitch or Noel?

They’re not the problem- they are good and limited for what they do and are asked to do.

If we had a PG that was a threat from outside, and was good running an offense, I think MR would be just fine and performing well.

Yerp. Toppin is kinda in this category as well. This is a big reason acquiring a competent PG who can do those things should be the topmost priority because it is critical for the development of our players as well as us getting more wins.

The Future is Bright!
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Member: #582
1/25/2021  5:55 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:I know you have never been a fan of Mitch and wanted him traded pretty much from the get go so this isn’t too surprising. Mitch is probably never going To be a big offensive player but he isn’t he problem. Plus he is still young and can develop more offensively

I don't care about trading any player on this Roster if it gives us the better chance of winning NOW and in the future.

How can i have any personal attachment to any player on this roster when we haven't won anything.

My favorite knicks of all time are Spree, Allan, walt, and ewing, think about what they brought to the table, and the heart and soul they played with

Starks you have a personal attachment to every player the knicks draft, regardless to how good or bad they are.

I have no “personal attachment”. Your topic just doesn’t make sense. You haven’t even made any sort of realistic trade proposal. You just said he NEEDS to be traded

I'm not proposing no trade proposal because I have been posting here for over 15 yrs and am yet to see a trade idea that actually happen, and it's been 100's

And again, I'm saying trade one because they both have the same game. Imagine if IQ's game was just like Peyton, what would be the purpose

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/25/2021  6:09 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:I know you have never been a fan of Mitch and wanted him traded pretty much from the get go so this isn’t too surprising. Mitch is probably never going To be a big offensive player but he isn’t he problem. Plus he is still young and can develop more offensively

I don't care about trading any player on this Roster if it gives us the better chance of winning NOW and in the future.

How can i have any personal attachment to any player on this roster when we haven't won anything.

My favorite knicks of all time are Spree, Allan, walt, and ewing, think about what they brought to the table, and the heart and soul they played with

Starks you have a personal attachment to every player the knicks draft, regardless to how good or bad they are.

I have no “personal attachment”. Your topic just doesn’t make sense. You haven’t even made any sort of realistic trade proposal. You just said he NEEDS to be traded

I'm not proposing no trade proposal because I have been posting here for over 15 yrs and am yet to see a trade idea that actually happen, and it's been 100's

And again, I'm saying trade one because they both have the same game. Imagine if IQ's game was just like Peyton, what would be the purpose

Neither play at the same time so trading one would make zero difference.

This is all just very stupid

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

1/25/2021  6:27 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Neither play at the same time so trading one would make zero difference.

This is all just very stupid

Agreed
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
1/25/2021  7:55 PM
I might not be able to disagree more with OP. For starters, Your entire C rotation costs $6.8mm and you have two of the Top10 block leaders in the league. More so, Robinson has a freak talent in his quick bounce. I’m his third year and not having played college, it was expected his development would take time. With this coaching and so floor spacing, Robinson will be a strong candidate for AllDefense. I wouldn’t sell him short.

Noel has characteristically underperformed his draft position, but is about as solid of a team player and a backup center as you will find. If the issue is that he doesn’t shoot threes, that is a bit silly.

I like the plug and play aspects of this team to a large degree. If MR gets in foul trouble, you aren’t really at much of a disadvantage with NN in there. I think their defensive tilt and their similar defensive style are a benefit. I don’t think it is a problem.

This is the Randle.
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

1/25/2021  10:40 PM
knicks1248 wrote:They are both just too limited on the offense end for this Roster. Mitch has the potential to be more than what he is, but I just can't understand why he has shown Zero perimeter game, and has just 6 assist on the season.

I think if he's that limited on the offense he should be a beast on the boards and at least 2 to 4 blocks that can initiate fast breaks.

What makes matters worse is that his back up (Noel)is no better than him and almost mirrors mitch offensive game, probably even worse

We need a stretch big badly, especially if we're keeping Randle.

We definitely should give Cleveland a call who have Love, Allen, (just traded from the nets) Mcgee(don't want him) and Drummond

I agree on Mitch ... Noel? Is N/A Too soon to see if he can
Up his defensive game to be consistent & effective

I love Mitch..however he's 6,8 ppg/ 9 boards guy
Though he has a ceiling to improve but ain't going
Be on offensive side or free throws.

Hate to see Mitch go to contender for nothing
But Mitchell is suited to a better team than
Knickerbockers period

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

1/26/2021  12:40 AM
MS wrote:
Noel is the guy to move and then you split the center minutes btw Randle and Obi.

This would be an unmitigated disaster. They would be eaten raw by any half-decent physical opposing center. It is not like Noel is a mount of muscle either, but at least he has decent length for the position. And remember, Noel was brought in as a backup precisely because we did not have too many good options for the center position. Being ready to trade him will not multiply those options. Teams will pause at giving up a good big guy in exchange for Noel.

knicks1248
1/26/2021  8:55 AM
Neither one of these guys are franchise players, neither one of them are all stars, neither one is dominate force .

The fact is the Center position has evolve and their Games haven't, it's disappointing for me to see 3 yrs in the league and Mitch hasn't even develop a post up game, let alone a perimeter one.

You have to get better every yr or some young kid is going to come through and replace you, I said that about frank and sure enough IQ came in a snatch is PT easy

In a contract yr I expected a little more from MItch, and it seem the only thing he's develop is a knack for not fouling a lot

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/26/2021  9:12 AM
knicks1248 wrote:Neither one of these guys are franchise players, neither one of them are all stars, neither one is dominate force .

The fact is the Center position has evolve and their Games haven't, it's disappointing for me to see 3 yrs in the league and Mitch hasn't even develop a post up game, let alone a perimeter one.

You have to get better every yr or some young kid is going to come through and replace you, I said that about frank and sure enough IQ came in a snatch is PT easy

In a contract yr I expected a little more from MItch, and it seem the only thing he's develop is a knack for not fouling a lot

Using frank or any one player in contrast as your example is comical. Your logic is not unsound but your obviously in envy to have a 7ft euro shooting from the outside. Maybe Bropez or the like.
what you’ll find if you think about it is how hard they are to find and even when you do stay healthy. Some like the Orlando kid is ok but not a franchise carrier. The Nurkic for JOkic trade was amazing in retrospect.
I know its only been like 5 games but you already have Obi career laid out or can’t see past Randle?
We get your impressionable so try to think outside the box as to what’s possible.
For the most part lets assume Norlens is just a back up on a one year deal.
Let’s assume MR who will be happy he was only a second round pick as he gets freedom at 4th year is Clint Capella. Still gets a 90mil deal.
Take off the tin foil hat and look at MR this season and think not what he isn’t, but how good is it he is not fouling out and doing stupid shyt. 2 games under .500 after 16 games is not bad for where we were or projected.
How many points does Robinson get on offensive boards? HIs man cannot leave him to help on defense because he gets so many of them. This opens the lane up for Quick when they play together.
Do I want them to expand his repertoire? Of course I do.
Its been discussed trading mitch because of his contract and a contender whose cap is spent could find great value in trading for him. Good idea? Would you trade your top scorer if you the top offensive team in the league? If you the top defensive team, do you trade your best defensive player?
Ask yourself that.
Make Leon an offer he can’t refuse and perhaps we go from their. Seems like Knicks are in a position to do good things either way.

StarksEwing1

1/26/2021  10:17 AM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Neither one of these guys are franchise players, neither one of them are all stars, neither one is dominate force .

Using frank or any one player in contrast as your example is comical. Your logic is not unsound but your obviously in envy to have a 7ft euro shooting from the outside. Maybe Bropez or the like.
what you’ll find if you think about it is how hard they are to find and even when you do stay healthy. Some like the Orlando kid is ok but not a franchise carrier. The Nurkic for JOkic trade was amazing in retrospect.
I know its only been like 5 games but you already have Obi career laid out or can’t see past Randle?
We get your impressionable so try to think outside the box as to what’s possible.
Let’s assume MR who will be happy he was only a second round pick as he gets freedom at 4th year is Clint Capella. Still gets a 90mil deal.
Take off the tin foil hat and look at MR this season and think not what he isn’t, but how good is it he is not fouling out and doing stupid shyt. 2 games under .500 after 16 games is not bad for where we were or projected.
How many points does Robinson get on offensive boards? HIs man cannot leave him to help on defense because he gets so many of them. This opens the lane up for Quick when they play together.
Its been discussed trading mitch because of his contract and a contender whose cap is spent could find great value in trading for him. Good idea? Would you trade your top scorer if you the top offensive team in the league? If you the top defensive team, do you trade your best defensive player?
Ask yourself that.
Make Leon an offer he can’t refuse and perhaps we go from their. Seems like Knicks are in a position to do good things either way.

I like 1248. Logic doesn’t exist in his posts BUT they are comical in a good way with everything going on the past year 😂
knicks1248
1/26/2021  10:31 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Ask yourself that.

I like 1248. Logic doesn’t exist in his posts BUT they are comical in a good way with everything going on the past year 😂

coming from a guy who thought Frank was the knicks Future PG...

We are DEAD LAST in scoring, and your trying to make it look as if Trading mitch or Noel would be a bad thing. 2 slow ass players

Dude Luka is avg more rebounds than both of our Centers..

For you to even be opposed to trading one of them is just stupid and narrow minded.

ES
StarksEwing1

1/26/2021  10:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/26/2021  10:46 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Ask yourself that.

We are DEAD LAST in scoring, and your trying to make it look as if Trading mitch or Noel would be a bad thing. 2 slow ass players

For you to even be opposed to trading one of them is just stupid and narrow minded.

When did I ever say that? For once show some evidence. Dude you talk about Frank more than anyone on this board and it’s not even close 😂. I barely mention him. Over the past 2 years your posts have mainly consisted of “Perry sucks and you can’t rebuild through the draft” or “”Mitch and Frank need to be traded”. Nobody has ever said either is a franchise player or an all star but that doesn’t mean they can’t be useful. Anyway thank you for another illogical post because they are funny 😂
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/26/2021  12:49 PM
Knicks are one of the better defensive teams out there so let's trade one of the anchors of said defense?

Is this the premise?

Knicks have a ****ty offense cause they have a ****ty starting PG and no consistent distance shooting, so let's focus in on the 2 C's?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
StarksEwing1

1/26/2021  1:09 PM
martin wrote:Knicks are one of the better defensive teams out there so let's trade one of the anchors of said defense?

Is this the premise?

Knicks have a ****ty offense cause they have a ****ty starting PG and no consistent distance shooting, so let's focus in on the 2 C's?

. Yeah it makes zero sense 😂
knicks1248
1/26/2021  1:13 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Ask yourself that.

When did I ever say that? For once show some evidence. Dude you talk about Frank more than anyone on this board and it’s not even close 😂. I barely mention him. Over the past 2 years your posts have mainly consisted of “Perry sucks and you can’t rebuild through the draft” or “”Mitch and Frank need to be traded”. Nobody has ever said either is a franchise player or an all star but that doesn’t mean they can’t be useful. Anyway thank you for another illogical post because they are funny 😂

Just so you know my feeling on certain players

I have no love for one dimensional players that don't work hard on their games and improve in areas that are needed on the team.

We have a few guys on this roster that don't fit the system we are trying to play, if you don't recognize that your blind.

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/26/2021  1:20 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Ask yourself that.

StarksEwing1

1/26/2021  1:22 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Ask yourself that.

Just so you know my feeling on certain players

I have no love for one dimensional players that don't work hard on their games and improve in areas that are needed on the team.

We have a few guys on this roster that don't fit the system we are trying to play, if you don't recognize that your blind.

Now you’re just being ridiculous and several people are telling you that. When you come back to reality then we can have a real discussion 😂
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/26/2021  1:36 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:Knicks are one of the better defensive teams out there so let's trade one of the anchors of said defense?

Is this the premise?

Yup. Our Center position is settled and fortified. Why destroy that?

StarksEwing1

1/26/2021  1:41 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Is this the premise?

Exactly. But the OP has never been a Mitch fan and wanted him traded for a while. That’s fine but just be honest about it instead of making a ludicrous reason for it
knicks1248
1/26/2021  2:32 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Is this the premise?

Exactly. But the OP has never been a Mitch fan and wanted him traded for a while. That’s fine but just be honest about it instead of making a ludicrous reason for it

I suggested a mitch trade to GSW because they wanted a Center(drafted wiseman anyway) to move up in the draft for Lamelo, and once again your making sht up (i dont like mitch..smh), the title of the thread is one needs to be traded, I didn't specify which one, they are both decent players who do the exact same thing.

Why are you not saying I don't like Noel?

I don't have a problem with either one of them, i have a problem with having no big man on the roster that can knock down perimeter shots because teams are shutting us down with the zone, and it aint just because peyton can't shoot (at least he tries).

90% of all Big men in the league can knock down jumpers, this is a face up league

ES
Mitch or Noel needs to be traded

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy