knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/13/2021  8:43 AM
blkexec wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:Anyone know when Frank coming back?

We need him again to blame things on. We miss him.

He is the key to this team. Perimeter defense and game manager.

We're playing slow as hell as it is, and can't score enough, so tell me how does frank help with that, aaaaaand we run a 8 man rotation.

You should be asking when is burke and OBI coming back

Dude just Pray and hope that they trade frank to a more suitable situation.

Frank would thrive in a SA system

I've been saying this since phil got fired.

ES
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Member: #582
1/13/2021  8:51 AM
TheGame wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
TheGame wrote:As others have said, he is passing up too many open threes, and he does need to correct his form. Mainly though I think he and Barrett are missing the space that Alec Burks created for them.

I dont think it has anything to do with his form, he shot 40+ % last yr, and he was taking NBA 3's..Go look at his clips and witness with your own 2 eyes

His confidence is shot (after missing 15 straight) which is why he's turning down open 3's. His floater is usually money, and he knows how to draw fouls, he has good energy, so he needs to get in the gym and hit the film room.

IQ has this habit of spreading his legs in the air on his jumpers. It just looks awkward and I think it may be impacting his shot. He needs to work on a consistent and balanced form. I think most of his problems are in his head though. He cannot be worried about whether he is taking too many shots. If he is open, he needs to just shoot. As Uptown mentioned, I think once he sees a few shots go in, he will be alright but he does need to continue working on improving his form. Even great shooters have to work on improving their shot.

You look at his shots, his defense, his weaknesses and strengths and it's DEAD ON with what we all have been seeing...CONSISTENCY Has been an issue his whole career. He's a game changer for a few games, then disappears for the next few

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/13/2021  11:48 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:Anyone know when Frank coming back?

We need him again to blame things on. We miss him.

He is the key to this team. Perimeter defense and game manager.

We're playing slow as hell as it is, and can't score enough, so tell me how does frank help with that, aaaaaand we run a 8 man rotation.

You should be asking when is burke and OBI coming back

Dude just Pray and hope that they trade frank to a more suitable situation.

Frank would thrive in a SA system

I've been saying this since phil got fired.

What is so different about a SA system vs. what we run that would validate this?
They dribble, play defense, shoot the ball, etc...........
SA is not that good a team. We all love Pop and what he has done but at this moment in time Frank going to a new team with a new coach is like staying here. New teammates and a new coach about each season.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/13/2021  2:53 PM
BRIGGS wrote:He’s way to small
And he’s not quick or fast enough to make up for it

2-24 last 4 games —- just can’t live with it— it’s not good enough

Back off. Pritchard was one on my picks! Lol

Quick is fine. As any young rook his play will fluctuate with his emotions and confidence. Which in rookies changes by the second.
Still like his quickness, bball IQ, pace he brings on offense, defensive play and how he moves the ball. Outside shot does look like every other hip set mechanics, which seems prevalent in today NBA, so I wont try to figure it out. But feel it will get better.

As for Pritchard, my call was to trade down and pick up guys like Pritchard, Maxey and Precious in mid to late first. But since we took Toppin, how would do you propose we could have chosen Pritchard? Surely your not suggesting he was the pick at 8 or 23? Unless your using your hindsight crystal ball?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Nalod
USA
1/13/2021  4:29 PM
THere are may rookies that are doing well in the league. They play well with superior players. If Frank was on SA, he’d be on a better team. Prichard plays with Tatum and Brown? Better than any tandem we have.
We can go on and on.
IQ got thrown into the fire and did well. So we got excited. He got a bit hurt after 27 min CAREER and is now sort of regular rookie again. But we are labeling?
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
1/14/2021  4:02 AM
Shame IQ isn't physically ready for the nba- don't think he'll ever hit 19 points in a game...
smackeddog
1/16/2021  4:36 AM
Any more hot takes BRIGGS?

How's Nesmith looking?

blkexec
Member: #748
1/16/2021  5:35 AM
Nalod wrote:THere are may rookies that are doing well in the league. They play well with superior players. If Frank was on SA, he’d be on a better team. Prichard plays with Tatum and Brown? Better than any tandem we have.
We can go on and on.
IQ got thrown into the fire and did well. So we got excited. He got a bit hurt after 27 min CAREER and is now sort of regular rookie again. But we are labeling?

This applys to one main person who created this thread, when u talk about being quick to label a rookie.. But like all rookies in nba history, you have your ups and downs. What you bank on is who will prove their HS and College scouts wrong?

I think as bad as RJs jumper has looked, and even his TOs in the last game killed me, or IQ inconsistencies...I believe they have the attitude and work ethic to overcome and be great. Quickley and RJ showed it in college. Both carry a chip on their shoulder. Including knox and even frank.. high picks, never met the level of expectations where they was picked. But have they all shown improvements is the question.

Everybody doesn't have to pan out to be an nba star, just because we picked them too high. I think thats the first problem with fans. RJ has the superstar courage especially in crunch time, but hes lacking the consistent areas where average nba players excel at...like shooting and TOs. Im sure due to people who know him like nash and especially coach K, thibs is allowing him to grow through adversity. Because if it was anybody else, or if RJ is just murdering practices. I dont see the justification for making RJ a top 4 or 5 in mins per game. Randle I can see, becasue of salary. How he looked preseason. And im sure he's killing practice, from what I remember.

Why I said frank will thrive in SA? Because of several things:

1. SA has a positive history developing international players....especially guards.
2. I noticed they started to utilize tall guards, as the replacement for the Tony Parker era. So thatd was a match since frank is 6'5
3. Texas lifestyle and fans are laid back on basketball...their sport is football. So theirs less fan pressure compared to the mecca of basketball.

I'm sure there's others but thats off the top of my head.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

1/16/2021  7:41 AM
IQ starting over Elf is maybe the most obvious no-brainer decision ever
Nalod
USA
1/16/2021  10:19 AM
blkexec wrote:
Nalod wrote:THere are may rookies that are doing well in the league. They play well with superior players. If Frank was on SA, he’d be on a better team. Prichard plays with Tatum and Brown? Better than any tandem we have.
We can go on and on.

This applys to one main person who created this thread, when u talk about being quick to label a rookie.. But like all rookies in nba history, you have your ups and downs. What you bank on is who will prove their HS and College scouts wrong?

I think as bad as RJs jumper has looked, and even his TOs in the last game killed me, or IQ inconsistencies...I believe they have the attitude and work ethic to overcome and be great. Quickley and RJ showed it in college. Both carry a chip on their shoulder. Including knox and even frank.. high picks, never met the level of expectations where they was picked. But have they all shown improvements is the question.

Everybody doesn't have to pan out to be an nba star, just because we picked them too high. I think thats the first problem with fans. RJ has the superstar courage especially in crunch time, but hes lacking the consistent areas where average nba players excel at...like shooting and TOs. Im sure due to people who know him like nash and especially coach K, thibs is allowing him to grow through adversity. Because if it was anybody else, or if RJ is just murdering practices. I dont see the justification for making RJ a top 4 or 5 in mins per game. Randle I can see, becasue of salary. How he looked preseason. And im sure he's killing practice, from what I remember.

Why I said frank will thrive in SA? Because of several things:

1. SA has a positive history developing international players....especially guards.
2. I noticed they started to utilize tall guards, as the replacement for the Tony Parker era. So thatd was a match since frank is 6'5
3. Texas lifestyle and fans are laid back on basketball...their sport is football. So theirs less fan pressure compared to the mecca of basketball.

I'm sure there's others but thats off the top of my head.

Good take. Also SA has had the same coach so these guys are not dicked with over and over.
The culture is deep. Same owner, same philosophy and coach. Sure it gets tweaked. Not all the players have developed but thru it they get some to stick. MUch better than us for many reasons!!!
That said Pop might be close to being done there. We’ll see!

xblvdels3
Member: #8868

1/16/2021  11:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/16/2021  11:17 AM
I’m so use to Frank giving us 3-5 points that 13-23 points from iq is refreshing From the pg spot. 😅
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/16/2021  11:36 AM
Keep making these threads!
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/16/2021  12:15 PM
If quickley isn’t ready for the nba I can’t wait until he is!
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
1/16/2021  12:38 PM
IQ will be just fine. Look he's a sharpshooter, 90% free throw shooter and can put pressure on a half court set defense. He's a combo guard and under Thibs, will do very well.
The Future. GO KNICKS!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/16/2021  2:29 PM
smackeddog wrote:Any more hot takes BRIGGS?

How's Nesmith looking?

And the streak is broken. It's been at least two weeks since that's name has been mentioned.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
1/16/2021  3:36 PM
Understand that if it is destined IQ is the man, then part of the formula was to bring him along. Its not like “he should have done it sooner”.....
Rookies that ascend is not a linear path and to keep you locker room you make them earn it. Once done the team is behind it.
This is a very early in a weird season and IQ showed great, got hurt, now getting it back. We had no summer league and only two week camp. JEeze, the draft was in November!!!!!!!
IQ is not ready? Maybe but he is getting there!!!
smackeddog
1/17/2021  3:25 PM
smackeddog
1/17/2021  3:27 PM
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/17/2021  3:33 PM
Did the physically imposing Peyton Pritchard play today. I see his box score stats, but I'm still drawing a blank. Same with Glen Ri...we, I mean Nesmith.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
1/17/2021  3:46 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Did the physically imposing Peyton Pritchard play today. I see his box score stats, but I'm still drawing a blank. Same with Glen Ri...we, I mean Nesmith.

Nesmith/Glen Rice looked incredible, unlike the body-frail IQ

Iq isn’t physically ready for nba

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy