Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/28/2021  1:29 PM
Whoa, weird. Maybe why he has fallen in mock drafts

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/07/draft-notes-garuba-butler-pacers-pistons-kispert.html

Usman Garuba is generating buzz a potential mid first-round pick, but the terms of the Spaniard’s contract with Real Madrid represent an obstacle in getting him stateside for the 2021/22 season. According to Donatas Urbonas of BasketNews.com, Garuba’s NBA buyout clause with the Spanish club is worth three million Euros.

An NBA team can contribute to a player’s buyout with his international team, but only up to $775K (about €655K). That means that if Garuba wants to make the leap to the NBA right away, most of the buyout would have to come out of his own pocket. To make matters worse for the 19-year-old, the amount of that buyout increases by one million Euros every year until 2024, per Urbonas. Garuba’s contract with Real Madrid runs through 2025.

As John Hollinger of The Athletic observes (via Twitter), Garuba’s buyout is “insanely large” relative to other international contracts, but it may well be negotiated down to something more reasonable when the time comes for the big man to make the move to the NBA — which could happen in the coming weeks.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/28/2021  2:04 PM
https://nbadraft.theringer.com/mock-draft

really enjoyable mock... I like how each guy has some intel and "similar players"

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
7/28/2021  4:15 PM
Chandler wrote:I’ve cooled on cooper. There are things to admire for sure but will be too big a vulnerability on D If he’s there at 32 might consider but not sooner.

What do the college gurus think of hauser? Seems like his lack of athleticism is baked into his price. Guy can shoot it

The more I read about this draft, the less I feel I know. I now have no idea who we should draft, who we will draft, where we’ll end up picking or how many players we’ll pick

smackeddog
7/28/2021  4:18 PM
fishmike wrote:https://nbadraft.theringer.com/mock-draft

really enjoyable mock... I like how each guy has some intel and "similar players"

Kevin O’Connor does some good podcasts with the Ringer- The MisMatch is worth a listen!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/28/2021  4:43 PM
Blog: Knox, 19,21, 32 For TJ Warren and Pacers pick at 13?

If healthy that solves the Bullock slot and he has one year at 13mm left on his deal.
Not splashy. Price seems high but deep draft and 13th might net a gem. One might think Leon and co. Have to have it bad for someone available at 13th.

To get super fancy, package Obi and the 13th, how high does that get us?
Or,
Does that with Obi get us Sexton? I have no bearing if Knox, Obi and the 19th gets us Sexton alone and we keep 21 and 32.

IF Clev takes Mobley, does this effect what they do with Sexton? My sense is they move him because its clumsy fit with Garland but draft does what for them? 13th they can draft one?

That basically takes us out of this draft and we burn Obi and Knox, with all our picks for Two starters in warren and Sexton.
that might not be so terrible. Its a win now move.
Drafts are fun though!!!!!

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/28/2021  6:35 PM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/28/2021  7:45 PM
Everyone is saying a different target at this point, so I doubt anyone knows who we want. Duarte makes sense. If they move up far enough they may be in a place to grab Mitchell, who also makes sense. I don't trust that any of these reporters really know much about our plan right now. That said I'd be surprised if hang tight...but I'm not sure there's gonna be a massive move up.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/28/2021  8:34 PM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
7/28/2021  10:05 PM
My preference would be to stay at 19 and 21 and draft whoever is left from these players - really believe there is such range after pick 6/7.

Keon Johnson, Chris Duarte, Ziaire Williams, Jalen Johnson, Kai Jones, Garuba, Cooper, etc...

If all were available I would have to take Duarte but realize he probably won't be there. Like Keon Johnson a lot and not worried about his poor outside shooting. Plays hard and Thibs has become the 3 pt whisperer so pretty sure he can help him develop. Kai Jones also looks like someone slightly undervalued. Not as high on Garuba or Jalen Johnson. Cooper okay. Since it seems pretty set we're targeting PG in free agency (Sexton, Lowry, Ball, etc) - okay with looking for forward as RJ seems somewhat interchangeable to me (between 2/3 spot).

smackeddog
7/29/2021  3:36 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Some mocks have him after 20- this draft is so unpredictable!

xavier
Member: #8938
Croatia
7/29/2021  4:40 AM
smackeddog wrote:The more I read about this draft, the less I feel I know. I now have no idea who we should draft, who we will draft, where we’ll end up picking or how many players we’ll pick

That's how I think and I'm getting closer to not wanting any trade up than simply to pick players with 19, 21 and 32. Let's just hit one "right" and that's a great job.

This draft is so unpredictable that it can easily happen that we give all those 3 picks for the trade up and in the end we end up without the player we wanted and then with that (let's say) 13th pick we take a player who might be there for 19th pick.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

7/29/2021  10:24 AM
xavier wrote:
smackeddog wrote:The more I read about this draft, the less I feel I know. I now have no idea who we should draft, who we will draft, where we’ll end up picking or how many players we’ll pick

That's how I think and I'm getting closer to not wanting any trade up than simply to pick players with 19, 21 and 32. Let's just hit one "right" and that's a great job.

This draft is so unpredictable that it can easily happen that we give all those 3 picks for the trade up and in the end we end up without the player we wanted and then with that (let's say) 13th pick we take a player who might be there for 19th pick.

I agree with all this -- predictions are so topsy turvy and it seems there is no great separation in talent, upside, whatever once you get past 10 or so. Better to use all the picks and hope one or two of them are winners. Unless they move up for the *right* guy. I'll trust the new brain trust...for now.

2021 NCAA prospect watch / 2021 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy