[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

All around the League: 2020-21 season!
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/3/2021  10:10 PM
Does any team in the nba have a chance to beat Brooklyn best out of 7 if they are full strength?
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
3/4/2021  4:37 AM
Thunder, you good for nothing 🤦🏽‍♂️
Knicks_Fan
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
3/4/2021  4:47 AM
Another bad day for the Mavs pick- no way it ends up in the lottery now
smackeddog
3/4/2021  4:50 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Does any team in the nba have a chance to beat Brooklyn best out of 7 if they are full strength?

You never know, I didn't think the Heat would lose that first playoffs they had the big three

smackeddog
3/4/2021  4:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2021  2:35 PM
KnickDanger wrote:DSJ with the tripe double tonight....

No one cares, he had multiple chances here and he couldn't get it done, in fact he couldn't even look like a viable nba player. Maybe he can get it done elsewhere but that's not our fault.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/4/2021  9:41 AM
smackeddog wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:DSJ with the triple double tonight....

No one cares, he had multiple chances here and he couldn't get it done, in fact he couldn't even look like a viable nab player. Maybe he can get it done elsewhere but that's not our fault.

I agree but found it interesting.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/4/2021  9:53 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:KP is.... contagious?

Luka out due to KP protocols?

Oh boy. KP's time to shine. Or is he hurt?

Maybe Luka wants us to get Cade! That's it! He sits out, sulks, ****s in KP's cornflakes, and then forces a trade here to play with the SuperKids!!!

And wearing a Melo jersey, no less!
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

3/4/2021  1:12 PM
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/3/4/22312798/phoenix-suns-devin-booker-chris-paul-deandre-ayton

Wasn’t sure if this deserved its own thread but it’s definitely worth the read. Will post quotes I found interesting later.

The Future is Bright!
smackeddog
3/4/2021  2:37 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

No one cares, he had multiple chances here and he couldn't get it done, in fact he couldn't even look like a viable nab player. Maybe he can get it done elsewhere but that's not our fault.

Sorry, it wasn't a dig at you! I meant it won't pain me if he does well for the Pistons, I won't be regretting us getting rid of him

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/4/2021  3:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2021  3:33 PM
smackeddog wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Sorry, it wasn't a dig at you! I meant it won't pain me if he does well for the Pistons, I won't be regretting us getting rid of him

I was more happy that Mason Plumlee got a triple double .
Man, didn't realize Toronto was bouncing around just below us in the standings... and Lowry's just starting on the downside... anyone willing to throw 30 million at him next year?
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/4/2021  4:38 PM
Could a washed Blake help Brooklyn?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

3/4/2021  4:46 PM
smackeddog wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Good thing he didn't mention that Wayne Ellington had 25 that game The Fiz era...the only positive thing I can think of is that he has hit wife.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/4/2021  6:54 PM
smackeddog wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/5/2021  10:56 AM
OK...

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
3/5/2021  12:18 PM
Amazing

martin
USA
3/5/2021  1:04 PM
smackeddog
3/5/2021  2:36 PM
Ha, the way the Celtics get deferential coverage- here's another article that seems to think Detroit would essentially give them Grant in a salary dump, or the magic might give them Vucevic also for pretty much nothing and then describes their draft busts as being "likely to appeal to rebuilding teams in trades", (compare to how our players are always "not valued highly around the league" or are "lacking in value" to other teams- even Gallo and Wilson chandler, back in the day!)

The Boston Celtics have had a disappointing start to the regular season as they sit at 18-17. Coming off an Eastern Conference finals berth and with two All-Stars in Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown on their roster, however, they are still acting as ambitiously as ever to try to improve their roster. That has meant, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic, targeting two big names to supplement their two young stars: Jerami Grant and Nikola Vucevic.

The cost to acquire either would likely be significant. Vucevic, the Orlando Magic's versatile big man, was just selected to his second All-Star Game and has two years remaining on a relatively team-friendly deal that will pay him only $46 million combined in the 2021-22 and 2022-23 seasons. Grant didn't quite earn All-Star status, but he became a surprising candidate after signing with the Detroit Pistons, and like Vucevic, has a fairly affordable contract that will pay him roughly $41 million over the next two seasons.

Boston can afford to absorb either of those deals outright. By signing-and-trading Gordon Hayward to the Charlotte Hornets this offseason, the Celtics gained a trade exception that could be used to absorb any player making $28.5 million or less. Grant and Vucevic both fit the bill. The Celtics are hard-capped at the $138.9 million apron by virtue of using the non-taxpayer mid-level exception this offseason. They currently have roughly $19 million in space beneath that line, so they would have to send out a bit of salary to make a deal legal, but their ability to absorb significantly more money than they send out would be appealing to sellers at the deadline.

For the first time in ages, Boston does not own a single first-round pick originally belonging to another team to offer in a deal. The Celtics have only their own picks to deal, but they have all of them, so they're hardly asset-strapped. They also have the young players those outside picks yielded over the years. Romeo Langford, Aaron Nesmith, Robert Williams, Grant Williams and Payton Pritchard would likely appeal to rebuilding teams in trades.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/celtics-interested-in-pistons-jerami-grant-magics-nikola-vucevic-ahead-of-trade-deadline-per-report/

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

3/5/2021  2:45 PM
smackeddog wrote:Ha, the way the Celtics get deferential coverage- here's another article that seems to think Detroit would essentially give them Grant in a salary dump, or the magic might give them Vucevic also for pretty much nothing and then describes their draft busts as being "likely to appeal to rebuilding teams in trades", (compare to how our players are always "not valued highly around the league" or are "lacking in value" to other teams- even Gallo and Wilson chandler, back in the day!)

The Boston Celtics have had a disappointing start to the regular season as they sit at 18-17. Coming off an Eastern Conference finals berth and with two All-Stars in Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown on their roster, however, they are still acting as ambitiously as ever to try to improve their roster. That has meant, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic, targeting two big names to supplement their two young stars: Jerami Grant and Nikola Vucevic.

The cost to acquire either would likely be significant. Vucevic, the Orlando Magic's versatile big man, was just selected to his second All-Star Game and has two years remaining on a relatively team-friendly deal that will pay him only $46 million combined in the 2021-22 and 2022-23 seasons. Grant didn't quite earn All-Star status, but he became a surprising candidate after signing with the Detroit Pistons, and like Vucevic, has a fairly affordable contract that will pay him roughly $41 million over the next two seasons.

Boston can afford to absorb either of those deals outright. By signing-and-trading Gordon Hayward to the Charlotte Hornets this offseason, the Celtics gained a trade exception that could be used to absorb any player making $28.5 million or less. Grant and Vucevic both fit the bill. The Celtics are hard-capped at the $138.9 million apron by virtue of using the non-taxpayer mid-level exception this offseason. They currently have roughly $19 million in space beneath that line, so they would have to send out a bit of salary to make a deal legal, but their ability to absorb significantly more money than they send out would be appealing to sellers at the deadline.

For the first time in ages, Boston does not own a single first-round pick originally belonging to another team to offer in a deal. The Celtics have only their own picks to deal, but they have all of them, so they're hardly asset-strapped. They also have the young players those outside picks yielded over the years. Romeo Langford, Aaron Nesmith, Robert Williams, Grant Williams and Payton Pritchard would likely appeal to rebuilding teams in trades.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/celtics-interested-in-pistons-jerami-grant-magics-nikola-vucevic-ahead-of-trade-deadline-per-report/

If Celtics want Jerami Grant, thats 3-4+ 1sts straight up and expiring contracts. Grant is the perfect player for them and Detroit will make sure to get as much from him considering what he could do. They're not taking Kemba either. Vucevic is at least 2 1sts.

The Future is Bright!
martin
USA
3/5/2021  3:09 PM
Feel like the NBA league front office is just trying to help the Knicks set up a second year surge for IQ just like RJ has had out of anger of being left off of these teams

martin wrote:
BigDaddyG

3/5/2021  3:15 PM
martin wrote:Feel like the NBA league front office is just trying to help the Knicks set up a second year surge for IQ just like RJ has had out of anger of being left off of these teams

martin wrote:

Edwards over IQ is a head scratcher. I think it's just a marketing thing. RJ fills the niche of being a foreign player based in NY. They may have felt that IQ wasn't necessary if they already had RJ.

All around the League: 2020-21 season!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy