All around the League: 2020-21 season!
Author Thread
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
3/2/2021  11:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/2/2021  11:31 AM
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I'm so glad we have our own media these days, like Knicks Fan TV, Knicksfilm school/ Jonathon Macri etc, it means we don't have to put up with trash coverage by obnoxious people like this:

Quick! Fans are happy in the middle of a pandemic and a horrible year- we must s*** on them at once! We're so hilarious! And smart! Ha ha, Knicks!

Ok, but lets be real. Its all kind of true. Knick fans (we) are losing our **** a bit. We are broken and emotionally damaged. Its March and even though the season started like a month and a half later, we are 2 games over .500. If that was the scene outside the garden after the game it’s not hate. Its funny as shyt!!!
Understand who we are folks. Laugh. Enjoy. The hate can only leave with winning. And lets face it, we don’t know how to act!!

Today, 1248’s posts are mostly making sense! Things can be fun!!

Come on!

2020 was horrible on every aspect of it, sports the least of the worries. Knicks fans just recently were allowed to watch their team again, disconnect from all the madness and actually celebrate a good stretch of play from their team. Is there anything else to say?

That video up there is so tone deaf and so narrow minded on their view, it’s embarrassing no matter if it was about the Knicks or the Cavs or any other team that could be overachieving. Right now everything that happens, good or bad, has extra weight because of the world situation.

Knicks_Fan
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/2/2021  11:35 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
3/2/2021  1:37 PM
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I'm so glad we have our own media these days, like Knicks Fan TV, Knicksfilm school/ Jonathon Macri etc, it means we don't have to put up with trash coverage by obnoxious people like this:

Quick! Fans are happy in the middle of a pandemic and a horrible year- we must s*** on them at once! We're so hilarious! And smart! Ha ha, Knicks!

Ok, but lets be real. Its all kind of true. Knick fans (we) are losing our **** a bit. We are broken and emotionally damaged. Its March and even though the season started like a month and a half later, we are 2 games over .500. If that was the scene outside the garden after the game it’s not hate. Its funny as shyt!!!
Understand who we are folks. Laugh. Enjoy. The hate can only leave with winning. And lets face it, we don’t know how to act!!

Today, 1248’s posts are mostly making sense! Things can be fun!!

Yet here we have Knick fans having fun for the first time in ages and you're defending report that's pretty mean spirited (there's a difference between laughing with and laughing at, if the report had been laughing with, I wouldn't have a problem)- if someone wants to be irrationally joyful, why s*** on them?

My responses to 1248 were mainly tongue in cheek- I like disliking and rooting against other players as it makes it more fun when we go up against them (just like the 90s were more fun because we could root against the Heat, Riley, Reggie Miller, MJ, etc etc)- taking a step back, do I really care or hate them in real life? Nope! Would I enjoy watching bball as much if I loved every player and every team and just wanted them all to win and do well? Nope, because it would seem pretty boring and pointless to me.

Just found his pompous tone daft, to be honest "oh my goodness! You hate players for no reason!" and weird to be accused of being hyper critical of Knicks players when I'm one of the least critical posters when it comes to Knicks players. But then you do that sometimes in your posts- for me it's like saying on a tv show thread how much you dislike a character and hope they get their comeuppance, and then you intervening with "Oh, but how could you wish ill of someone?", just not getting it at all, and taking the fun out of things.

As for the video? The tone of that was humorous they were making fun of us for sure. I doubt you were part of the celebration on 7th ave but if you were I can see you being upset. That depiction was not mean spirited. It pointed to how damaged we are as a fan base that being a few games over .500 is reason to celebrate is kind of funny given that video.

I can’t speak for 1248, but I’ll own being a pompous ass sometimes. In fact part of the charm of being here is not just the knicks, but our responses to the same stimuli. We can watch the same game, read the same reports and come up with many varied takes. My takes are less judgmental as I do try to look at things from both sides. You might believe that but I have also been accused of sitting on the fence.
I like the French so I defend Frank. I like defense and speed defense as it creates fast breaks something our team lacks. I see Franks shortcomings but also root like hell for him to succeed. He has been here the longest. He is a fan favorite of many.

I know Kyrie is Wacka doodle but his in lane allyopp last night where he faked behind the back pass to move defender then passed to Deandre was pure art. I won’t hate enough to not see what Kyrie does on the court. He is an incredible basketball player. I have said this before I hated Michael Jordan because he killed us and to some extent it blinded my admiration for what he was doing. I cooled enough to still not love Kobe but matured to behold his talent. I learned to not tie in what Lebron did off the court (the Decision)and really have enjoyed his career. To the extent the man has grown as a person and I dig what he does off the court. People change and we have to give them room. Kobes indiscretions outside his marriage then seemingly made good really demonstrated a character in the years after. Young Kobe warring with Shaq, Karl Malone, and his parents (They are not innocent) vs. Older Kobe was a transformation study. I’m not a fan boy of his but enough respect.

So im all over the place at times. some fans have a burned in opinion about a player and his character and won’t see the changes on or off the court. If they can’t see it, then it can’t happen. sometimes it does, and often it does not. That can be fun subject itself. We see things from our own perspective.

Yes I’m pompous at times. I’m not taking away anyone’s joy to bask in the elevation of this team. Four games ago we were spewing frustration. Now was are dancing in the street. Its part of being a knick fan. 48 years without a chip. 23 years since a run to the finals.

Oh, I'm pompous too at times- didn't mean it as a vicious dig or anything! Just meant sometimes you come in as peacemaker or trying to make me see reason, when I'm not actually as wound up as I might be coming across!

smackeddog
3/2/2021  2:23 PM
Does anyone know how the draft standings work with regards to the playoff play-in tournament? If a team finishes in the 8the seed and gets bounced out by the 9th or 10th team, are the draft odds/draft order re-distributed or kept the same? Likewise if a team finishes 10th and manages to end up as the 8th seed, would their draft pick end up being switch to whatever position the 8th seed would have picked in the draft?
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/2/2021  2:23 PM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

3/2/2021  2:26 PM
Bullet dodged?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

3/2/2021  2:42 PM
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/2/2021  2:48 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Bullet dodged?
I think so. Dipo has buy low potential for sure... but at this point I am more curious to see what we get from Frank the rest of the year vs. Dipo

Grant and Booker are the two guys I can see the Knicks making big moves on...

It will be a really interesting deadline. Maybe we do very little and just stay the course, maybe flip Rivers/Burks and take back a bigger deal for draft capital.

The way Thibs appears to be developing guys and coaching them up I think we can afford to be patient
IQ/RJ/Randle/Mitch/Obi are all guy I see as improving as players both next year and in season this year. Rose/Elf/Noel/Bullock/Burks are what they are and thats OK. They have all been good role players. Point is I think this current squad has a lot of upward mobility. That doesnt even include Frank who is an eventual NBA finals MVP, I just hope its for us.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
smackeddog
3/2/2021  3:10 PM
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Bullet dodged?
I think so. Dipo has buy low potential for sure... but at this point I am more curious to see what we get from Frank the rest of the year vs. Dipo

Grant and Booker are the two guys I can see the Knicks making big moves on...

It will be a really interesting deadline. Maybe we do very little and just stay the course, maybe flip Rivers/Burks and take back a bigger deal for draft capital.

The way Thibs appears to be developing guys and coaching them up I think we can afford to be patient
IQ/RJ/Randle/Mitch/Obi are all guy I see as improving as players both next year and in season this year. Rose/Elf/Noel/Bullock/Burks are what they are and thats OK. They have all been good role players. Point is I think this current squad has a lot of upward mobility. That doesnt even include Frank who is an eventual NBA finals MVP, I just hope its for us.

Yeah, We need elite shooting and a PG upgrade, Dipo gives us neither, and I think would mess with RJ. Plus, he’s just not he player he was in his one great season.

It’s a shame Lonzo Ball has upped his game the last few weeks, I would rather of taken a chance on him, but now that’s not an option.

nycdan
Member: #8926

3/2/2021  7:08 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Yeah, We need elite shooting and a PG upgrade, Dipo gives us neither, and I think would mess with RJ. Plus, he’s just not he player he was in his one great season.

It’s a shame Lonzo Ball has upped his game the last few weeks, I would rather of taken a chance on him, but now that’s not an option.

I see SF as the hole in the roster. But that's assuming Barrett is really a SG and the combination of Rose and Quickley is enough at PG for now. What does this team look like if we plug in a Kawhi? Does it mesh with Julius and company, or does it create other problems? That I don't have a sense of. But Mitch/Noel, Julius, Kawhi, RJ, Rose/IQ feels like a team that has the talent to challenge almost any team. Especially if RJ and IQ continue to develop the way they have this season.

martin
USA
3/3/2021  1:07 PM
martin
USA
3/3/2021  1:39 PM
KP is.... contagious?

martin
USA
3/3/2021  2:03 PM
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/3/2021  2:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/3/2021  2:20 PM
10 players from each and no IQ?
ARe they actually going to play the game or is it just a roster?
BigDaddyG

3/3/2021  2:48 PM
martin wrote:KP is.... contagious?

Luka out due to KP protocols?

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/3/2021  2:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/3/2021  2:54 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Oh boy. KP's time to shine. Or is he hurt?

Maybe Luka wants us to get Cade! That's it! He sits out, sulks, ****s in KP's cornflakes, and then forces a trade here to play with the SuperKids!!!

BigDaddyG

3/3/2021  3:16 PM
jrodmc wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Oh boy. KP's time to shine. Or is he hurt?

Maybe Luka wants us to get Cade! That's it! He sits out, sulks, ****s in KP's cornflakes, and then forces a trade here to play with the SuperKids!!!

knicks1248
Member: #582
3/3/2021  4:33 PM
martin wrote:

no IQ, there must be a mistake

ES
TPercy
Member: #5748

3/3/2021  8:59 PM
There’s is just no way Edwards is in there over Quicks. The difference between them is litterally night and day. Nonsense.
The Future is Bright!
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/3/2021  9:55 PM
DSJ with the tripe double tonight....
All around the League: 2020-21 season!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy