[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

All around the League: 2020-21 season!
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/1/2021  12:11 PM
martin wrote:Who are the Malik Monk fans out there?

he's really come on for them. Had a huge Feb off the bench, legit 6th man type material.

I wonder what the market for RFAs will be with limited good FAs.
Frank
Monk
Collin (ATL)
Devonte Graham (Cha)
Lauri Markkanen
Jarrett Allen
Kuzma
Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart
Frank

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/1/2021  1:07 PM
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:Who are the Malik Monk fans out there?

he's really come on for them. Had a huge Feb off the bench, legit 6th man type material.

I wonder what the market for RFAs will be with limited good FAs.
Frank
Monk
Collin (ATL)
Devonte Graham (Cha)
Lauri Markkanen
Jarrett Allen
Kuzma
Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart
Frank

I thought Kuzma extended?
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
3/1/2021  2:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/1/2021  2:24 PM
I'm so glad we have our own media these days, like Knicks Fan TV, Knicksfilm school/ Jonathon Macri etc, it means we don't have to put up with trash coverage by obnoxious people like this:

Quick! Fans are happy in the middle of a pandemic and a horrible year- we must s*** on them at once! We're so hilarious! And smart! Ha ha, Knicks!

TPercy
Member: #5748

3/1/2021  3:07 PM

This got Heat fans rather... Heated

I get it, Randle isn’t as good defensively and is unproven in the playoffs but all in due time.

The Future is Bright!
TPercy
Member: #5748

3/1/2021  3:12 PM
smackeddog wrote:I'm so glad we have our own media these days, like Knicks Fan TV, Knicksfilm school/ Jonathon Macri etc, it means we don't have to put up with trash coverage by obnoxious people like this:

Quick! Fans are happy in the middle of a pandemic and a horrible year- we must s*** on them at once! We're so hilarious! And smart! Ha ha, Knicks!

Yeah that is pathetic but f em. Just wait until they see how insufferable we are when we start winning playoff games.

The Future is Bright!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/1/2021  3:17 PM
TPercy wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I'm so glad we have our own media these days, like Knicks Fan TV, Knicksfilm school/ Jonathon Macri etc, it means we don't have to put up with trash coverage by obnoxious people like this:

Yeah that is pathetic but f em. Just wait until they see how insufferable we are when we start winning playoff games.

Is this like a First Take knockoff? I stopped watch sports channels like two years ago?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/1/2021  3:28 PM

Listening to the local sports radio stations today (Moose and Maggie, Max Kellerman, Michael Kay Show). All to some degree inching towards the bandwagon while hedging their bets with a thick slather of clowning references to past Knicks suckdom real and perceived and describing Knicks fans as loony for salivating at the the appearance of success. All these hacks who've filled tons of air time in recent years spewing critical nonsense over not drafting the likes Stanley Johnson and DSJ (and then recalibrating in the rearview mirror to suit their narrative). Or the KP trade. Or not signing KD and Kyrie. Hell I even recall criticism of the Knicks' ping pong balls not getting Zion, and how RJ was a bust after two summer league games. Right now Kay's bobos are ranting about Phil, Fiz, Fisher etc. Not giving any credit to this fun overachieving Knicks team. (Earlier the other shows did give some credit, but went on to insist on "doing whatever it takes" to get Bradley Beal or Victor Oladipo. Ai yi yi.)

I've become a petty vengeful Knicks fan and wish for the failure and demise of all who have irritated me in the dark days. I also know these lame pundits don't have any real intelligent thoughts and just say stuff they think will get the best ratings and will be right up front on the bandwagon when the good times come. That's life. But f@%k them...and their twitter accounts.

knicks1248
Member: #582
3/1/2021  3:40 PM
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I'm glad it's looking like Michael Porter Jr and Tyler Herro got over rated during their stint in the playoffs bubble- not a fan of either of them

You just don't like them for no reason?

Correct

Your a funny person, that's the pure definition of a Hater.

You seem to not like any player that isn't drafted by the knicks, and if they were traded to the knicks or acquired via FA, they better be flawless and playing at an elite level.

ES
smackeddog
3/1/2021  4:10 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I'm glad it's looking like Michael Porter Jr and Tyler Herro got over rated during their stint in the playoffs bubble- not a fan of either of them

Correct

You seem to not like any player that isn't drafted by the knicks, and if they were traded to the knicks or acquired via FA, they better be flawless and playing at an elite level.

Welcome to sports!

knicks1248
Member: #582
3/1/2021  4:52 PM
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Correct

Welcome to sports!

Na homie, that's just you

ES
smackeddog
3/1/2021  5:07 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Correct

Welcome to sports!

Na homie, that's just you

You sure showed me! I'll root for everyone from now on

BigDaddyG

3/1/2021  5:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/1/2021  5:52 PM
TPercy wrote:

This got Heat fans rather... Heated

I get it, Randle isn’t as good defensively and is unproven in the playoffs but all in due time.

This is kinda of a insult to Jewlz. I think the right comparison is peak Pascal Siakam versus peak Bosh

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

3/1/2021  5:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/1/2021  6:12 PM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30986230/atlanta-hawks-fire-coach-lloyd-pierce

ATLANTA -- Hawks coach Lloyd Pierce was fired on Monday following a disappointing start to a season of heightened expectations.

Atlanta team president Travis Schlenk announced the move in a short statement released by the team.

The Hawks are hopeful assistant Nate McMillan will choose to become the interim head coach, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. McMillan is meeting with Pierce and the rest of the Hawks' coaching staff, sources said. McMillan has been fiercely loyal in his support of Pierce.

The Hawks are 14-20 and 11th in the Eastern Conference, following a 109-99 loss at Miami on Sunday night. The teams play again in Miami on Tuesday.

"We would like to thank Lloyd for his work and commitment to not only the Hawks organization but the city of Atlanta," Schlenk said in the statement. Schlenk said the move, which comes less than a week before Atlanta hosts the All-Star Game, is timed to help the team enjoy a second-half resurgence.

"We have high expectations for our team on the court and we believe by making this change now that we can have a strong second half of the season," Schlenk said. Pierce, hired in 2018, was 63-120 (.344) with the Hawks, missing the playoffs in each of his two completed seasons. Atlanta began the season 10-9, but has lost 11 of its past 15 games.

I saw this coming a few weeks ago. I live in the A and before the season, the front office and the owner all but said it was playoffs- or bust this year. They spent a ton of money on free agents (Bogs, Gallo, Rondo, Dunn, etc.) The seat under Pierce got even hotter the moment they signed McMillian. Reminded me of when our Knicks signed Woodson to sit beside MDA. Pierce seemed to have lost the team weeks ago, especially when the Collins/Trae situation leaked. The body language of the team wasn't very good the last couple of games, and Pierce had zero answers during post games interviews and refused to take any responsibility. Makes sense for them to fire him now since the Hawks are only a few games out. Pierce is a good guy, did great work in the community with voter suppression, etc.....hopefully he lands on his feet and gets an assistant coaches job at some point.

BigDaddyG

3/1/2021  6:00 PM
Uptown wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30986230/atlanta-hawks-fire-coach-lloyd-pierce

ATLANTA -- Hawks coach Lloyd Pierce was fired on Monday following a disappointing start to a season of heightened expectations.

Atlanta team president Travis Schlenk announced the move in a short statement released by the team.

The Hawks are hopeful assistant Nate McMillan will choose to become the interim head coach, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. McMillan is meeting with Pierce and the rest of the Hawks' coaching staff, sources said. McMillan has been fiercely loyal in his support of Pierce.

The Hawks are 14-20 and 11th in the Eastern Conference, following a 109-99 loss at Miami on Sunday night. The teams play again in Miami on Tuesday.

"We would like to thank Lloyd for his work and commitment to not only the Hawks organization but the city of Atlanta," Schlenk said in the statement. Schlenk said the move, which comes less than a week before Atlanta hosts the All-Star Game, is timed to help the team enjoy a second-half resurgence.

"We have high expectations for our team on the court and we believe by making this change now that we can have a strong second half of the season," Schlenk said. Pierce, hired in 2018, was 63-120 (.344) with the Hawks, missing the playoffs in each of his two completed seasons. Atlanta began the season 10-9, but has lost 11 of its past 15 games.

I saw this coming a few weeks ago. I live in the A and before the season, the front office and the owner all but said it was playoffs- or bust this year. They spent a ton of money on free agents (Bogs, Gallo, Rondo, Dunn, etc.) The seat under Pierce got even hotter the moment they signed McMillian. Reminded me of when our Knicks signed Woodson to sit beside MDA. Pierce seemed to have lost the team weeks ago, especially when the Collins/Trae situation leaked. The body language of the team wasn't very good the last couple of games, and Pierce had zero answers during post games interviews and refused to take any responsibility. Makes sense for them to fire him now since the Hawks are only a few games out. Pierce is a good guy, hopefully he lands on his feet and gets an assistant coaches job at some point.

And that finishes today's lesson on why chemistry is important when considering a team's makeup! How much do you think they're willing to give Collins? Or do you think he's out?
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

3/1/2021  6:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/1/2021  6:22 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30986230/atlanta-hawks-fire-coach-lloyd-pierce

I saw this coming a few weeks ago. I live in the A and before the season, the front office and the owner all but said it was playoffs- or bust this year. They spent a ton of money on free agents (Bogs, Gallo, Rondo, Dunn, etc.) The seat under Pierce got even hotter the moment they signed McMillian. Reminded me of when our Knicks signed Woodson to sit beside MDA. Pierce seemed to have lost the team weeks ago, especially when the Collins/Trae situation leaked. The body language of the team wasn't very good the last couple of games, and Pierce had zero answers during post games interviews and refused to take any responsibility. Makes sense for them to fire him now since the Hawks are only a few games out. Pierce is a good guy, hopefully he lands on his feet and gets an assistant coaches job at some point.

And that finishes today's lesson on why chemistry is important when considering a team's makeup! How much do you think they're willing to give Collins? Or do you think he's out?

Difficult to say right now...The front office has been pretty tight-lipped about Collins future. If you would have asked me last year, I would have said he's definitely gone, especially after he was suspended last year for peds.

There have been games this year where he was the best player on the roster. Some of that has to do with Trae being up and down this year. Hawks have an interesting decision to make because if they are in the playoff hunt as we get close to the trade deadline, do they trade him and interrupt their chemistry or do they ride it out? If they don't move him, they risk losing him for nothing this summer. The one team that has been tied to Collins is the Mavs....So if a trade does go down, look out for Dallas...

Nalod
USA
3/1/2021  8:57 PM

Ok, but lets be real. Its all kind of true. Knick fans (we) are losing our **** a bit. We are broken and emotionally damaged. Its March and even though the season started like a month and a half later, we are 2 games over .500. If that was the scene outside the garden after the game it’s not hate. Its funny as shyt!!!
Understand who we are folks. Laugh. Enjoy. The hate can only leave with winning. And lets face it, we don’t know how to act!!

Today, 1248’s posts are mostly making sense! Things can be fun!!

Chandler
Member: #6197

3/1/2021  9:56 PM
i get the distinct sense that neither Trae nor Collins are as good as each thinks he is, and that's the problem

lot of talent. no chemistry. no real leadership

(5)(5)
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/1/2021  10:01 PM
Chandler wrote:i get the distinct sense that neither Trae nor Collins are as good as each thinks he is, and that's the problem

lot of talent. no chemistry. no real leadership

Yes

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
3/2/2021  4:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/2/2021  4:24 AM
Nalod wrote:

Ok, but lets be real. Its all kind of true. Knick fans (we) are losing our **** a bit. We are broken and emotionally damaged. Its March and even though the season started like a month and a half later, we are 2 games over .500. If that was the scene outside the garden after the game it’s not hate. Its funny as shyt!!!
Understand who we are folks. Laugh. Enjoy. The hate can only leave with winning. And lets face it, we don’t know how to act!!

Yet here we have Knick fans having fun for the first time in ages and you're defending report that's pretty mean spirited (there's a difference between laughing with and laughing at, if the report had been laughing with, I wouldn't have a problem)- if someone wants to be irrationally joyful, why s*** on them?

My responses to 1248 were mainly tongue in cheek- I like disliking and rooting against other players as it makes it more fun when we go up against them (just like the 90s were more fun because we could root against the Heat, Riley, Reggie Miller, MJ, etc etc)- taking a step back, do I really care or hate them in real life? Nope! Would I enjoy watching bball as much if I loved every player and every team and just wanted them all to win and do well? Nope, because it would seem pretty boring and pointless to me.

Just found his pompous tone daft, to be honest "oh my goodness! You hate players for no reason!" and weird to be accused of being hyper critical of Knicks players when I'm one of the least critical posters when it comes to Knicks players. But then you do that sometimes in your posts- for me it's like saying on a tv show thread how much you dislike a character and hope they get their comeuppance, and then you intervening with "Oh, but how could you wish ill of someone?", just not getting it at all, and taking the fun out of things.

Nalod
USA
3/2/2021  9:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/2/2021  9:39 AM
smackeddog wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Yet here we have Knick fans having fun for the first time in ages and you're defending report that's pretty mean spirited (there's a difference between laughing with and laughing at, if the report had been laughing with, I wouldn't have a problem)- if someone wants to be irrationally joyful, why s*** on them?

My responses to 1248 were mainly tongue in cheek- I like disliking and rooting against other players as it makes it more fun when we go up against them (just like the 90s were more fun because we could root against the Heat, Riley, Reggie Miller, MJ, etc etc)- taking a step back, do I really care or hate them in real life? Nope! Would I enjoy watching bball as much if I loved every player and every team and just wanted them all to win and do well? Nope, because it would seem pretty boring and pointless to me.

Just found his pompous tone daft, to be honest "oh my goodness! You hate players for no reason!" and weird to be accused of being hyper critical of Knicks players when I'm one of the least critical posters when it comes to Knicks players. But then you do that sometimes in your posts- for me it's like saying on a tv show thread how much you dislike a character and hope they get their comeuppance, and then you intervening with "Oh, but how could you wish ill of someone?", just not getting it at all, and taking the fun out of things.

As for the video? The tone of that was humorous they were making fun of us for sure. I doubt you were part of the celebration on 7th ave but if you were I can see you being upset. That depiction was not mean spirited. It pointed to how damaged we are as a fan base that being a few games over .500 is reason to celebrate is kind of funny given that video.

I can’t speak for 1248, but I’ll own being a pompous ass sometimes. In fact part of the charm of being here is not just the knicks, but our responses to the same stimuli. We can watch the same game, read the same reports and come up with many varied takes. My takes are less judgmental as I do try to look at things from both sides. You might believe that but I have also been accused of sitting on the fence.
I like the French so I defend Frank. I like defense and speed defense as it creates fast breaks something our team lacks. I see Franks shortcomings but also root like hell for him to succeed. He has been here the longest. He is a fan favorite of many.

I know Kyrie is Wacka doodle but his in lane allyopp last night where he faked behind the back pass to move defender then passed to Deandre was pure art. I won’t hate enough to not see what Kyrie does on the court. He is an incredible basketball player. I have said this before I hated Michael Jordan because he killed us and to some extent it blinded my admiration for what he was doing. I cooled enough to still not love Kobe but matured to behold his talent. I learned to not tie in what Lebron did off the court (the Decision)and really have enjoyed his career. To the extent the man has grown as a person and I dig what he does off the court. People change and we have to give them room. Kobes indiscretions outside his marriage then seemingly made good really demonstrated a character in the years after. Young Kobe warring with Shaq, Karl Malone, and his parents (They are not innocent) vs. Older Kobe was a transformation study. I’m not a fan boy of his but enough respect.

So im all over the place at times. some fans have a burned in opinion about a player and his character and won’t see the changes on or off the court. If they can’t see it, then it can’t happen. sometimes it does, and often it does not. That can be fun subject itself. We see things from our own perspective.

Yes I’m pompous at times. I’m not taking away anyone’s joy to bask in the elevation of this team. Four games ago we were spewing frustration. Now was are dancing in the street. Its part of being a knick fan. 48 years without a chip. 23 years since a run to the finals.

All around the League: 2020-21 season!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy