[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kristaps Porzingis Tore Up His Knee Again.
Author Thread
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

6/10/2021  12:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/10/2021  12:04 PM
As a bitter bitter man what I want to know is of the many pundits (and to a lesser degree fans who really seem to have no control over themselves) who took multiple and endless s#!ts on Perry, the Knicks FO, and the franchise in general over making "the worst trade ever" -- who among them have come clean? Not holding my breath. But with all the cap space and the extra #1 (as well as one in 2023) we will have to maneuver this coming offseason (and relative to the Mavs' ability to do so for a little extra pleasure) well I suppose I'm good.
AUTOADVERT
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

6/10/2021  3:24 PM
martin wrote:
Moonangie wrote:Anyone see KP career to date as reinforcing the established caution around Euro-unicorns in drafting strategy?

Yeah...point taken. I guess he's the exception who proves the rule. Jokic is pretty effing good, too.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/10/2021  3:50 PM
Moonangie wrote:
martin wrote:
Moonangie wrote:Anyone see KP career to date as reinforcing the established caution around Euro-unicorns in drafting strategy?

Yeah...point taken. I guess he's the exception who proves the rule. Jokic is pretty effing good, too.

Neither.

You scout each individual player separately. KP's career will have zero barring on a different player who happen to come from a neighboring region.

It's like saying we shouldnt draft someone from Florida because someone else went to Florida State or grew up there?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/10/2021  4:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/10/2021  4:03 PM
Moonangie wrote:
martin wrote:

Err…

Giannis Antetokounmpo
Dirk Nowitzki
Pau Gasol
Marc Gasol
Rudy Gobert

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/10/2021  5:18 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
martin wrote:

Err…

Giannis Antetokounmpo
Dirk Nowitzki
Pau Gasol
Marc Gasol
Rudy Gobert

Šarūnas Marčiulionis
Drazen Petrovic
Toni Kukoc
Tony Parker
Arvydas Sabonis
Peja Stojaković
AK47

So many of them...

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

6/11/2021  2:16 AM
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Philc1 wrote:Really scratching my head trying to figure out how the Mavs get rid of porzingis. His contract is atrocious and they don’t even have draft picks to throw to incentivize a trade partner

I feel like the Spurs would trade for him. With Demarre, Gay, and a bunch of other expirings they’ll have enough cap space to fully eat his contract.

Spurs have a history of poor cap and player management that would move you to think they'd take on KP's contract?

Again I don’t think KP is a lost cause. They need a new pf and he would fit well with their young core. It’s not as if anyone is lining up to come play with there anyway.

But it's not what you think, it's what you think the Spurs would do.

They have a fairly clean cap sheet. They are considered an incredibly smart organization. What makes you think they would depart from their norms?

The argument is whether the Spurs would take on $34M, $36M, $38M for a player who has not shown to be able to EVER play a full season (or near there since year 1), is definitely not a #1 or maybe even a #2, depletes their cap maneuverability, may be a diva who is detrimental to team chemistry, who is declining in health year to year, wants to be a SF/PF but really is a C who can't defend the rim any more?

I’m just taking a glass half full approach when evaluating KP. His stock is the lowest it will ever be as well as his performances. He still has good potential so it could be a worthwhile investment when you’d have to pay next to nothing to get him(perhaps even getting a pick/contributing player)

OK, I see your perspective. I think most will see his glass about 1/3 full unfortunately.

I was talking to my dad the other day about KP and was recalling those jump out of nowhere putbacks while he leapt over a handful of defenders (for whatever reason Spurs highlight comes to mind) in his first year after being drafted. I kept thinking to myself back then that his coaches, agents, or someone should have told him to NOT do that if he wanted a long career.

Keep honing your skills ala Dirk and save the out-worldly athleticism that will get you hurt for special moments.

He just has that type of body where you know it isn't strong enough like Giannis.

Agreed. He is built like a twig and was always going to have to put massive amount of work on his body to develop but injuries seem to be getting in the way..

The Future is Bright!
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

6/11/2021  4:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/11/2021  4:42 AM
Nalod wrote:We washed our hands of this.
Cube made his bed.
Perhaps he never reruns to his youthful form but he made it thru this season to the end and maybe with a full off season can come back with some improvement and be this durable. Unless Luca demonstrates it's not workable with him due to personality clash.

And that’s the thing

KP can’t get along with Luka. He’s playing with a top 4 player in the league but oh it’s still not his fault. Too good for the Knicks but also too good for Luka. What a douchebag

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

6/11/2021  4:45 AM

smackeddog wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
martin wrote:

Err…

Giannis Antetokounmpo
Dirk Nowitzki
Pau Gasol
Marc Gasol
Rudy Gobert

Doucheingis inhabits a zone somwhere between the superstars mentioned above and notorious Eurobusts like Darko, Podkolzin and Bargnani.

Clearly KP was talented enough to be a star but mentally he was too weak. There’s no comparison in the mental toughness area between KP and a guy like Dirk

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
6/11/2021  10:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/11/2021  10:28 AM
Moonangie wrote:
martin wrote:

More than KP, I think you should have used Maciej Lampe and Frederick Weiss.

Is it me, or is it shocking how unfit Luka looks to the eye? Wouldn't you expect a top 5 NBA player to be leaner? I mean how many calories must he burn a day? He's softer looking than Melo or Barkley ever were.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/11/2021  12:02 PM
Panos wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
martin wrote:

Is it me, or is it shocking how unfit Luka looks to the eye? Wouldn't you expect a top 5 NBA player to be leaner? I mean how many calories must he burn a day? He's softer looking than Melo or Barkley ever were.

He is trying to bring back the dad bod so the rest of us don't feel so bad about ourselves

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/12/2021  11:38 PM
Oh,oh...the league scared now 🦄 2.0 😂...the lack of self awareness is what keeps me coming back. Janis needs to hijack KP's social media accounts the same way he hijacked his career.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
JesseDark
Member: #467
6/13/2021  2:09 AM
Panos wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
martin wrote:

James Harden says nah.

Bring back dee-fense
Kristaps Porzingis Tore Up His Knee Again.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy